Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,846 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (467) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (783946 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Toritseyemi: 12:27pm On Sep 13, 2018
Toritseyemi:
Good morning everyone, this is my first post. I applied for a Canadian study permit online and these have been my timelines:

Applied online: June 10th
Biometric request: June 12th
Biometric done: June 20th
Medical exam request: August 23rd
Medicals done: August 29th
Last change on status: August 31st; showing medicals passed.

I spoke to an IRCC agent on the 6th of September who said my application was being processed in london. I had sent several CSE's to CIC with no response asides the automatic response. Sent CSE to London VO twice, no response. Sent several emails to Lagos, Abuja, Accra, just receive automated responses.

My school resumed on the 4th of September, deadline extended to the 17th of September. Still no change. I have a valid Candian visa, when i get the final decision, can i travel and get my permit activated at the POE or i still have to drop my passport?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2018
The two schools are like LASU (Lagos State University) and OSU (Ogun State University)..............so choose wisely..............you may drill down to cost implication.............is tuition and living expense same for both schools?

thompson4real:

Any help please

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 12:30pm On Sep 13, 2018
The two schools are like LASU (Lagos State University) and OSU (Ogun State University)..............so choose wisely..............you may drill down to cost implication.............is tuition and living expense same for both schools?

thompson4real:

Any help please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 12:32pm On Sep 13, 2018
Mr Kishkosh, The house is tensed, maybe that's why no one has attended to you. No one here is a VO or works in IRCC to know how to solve ur "Unable to login" Issue. This isnt a big issue as you have painted it tho. Kindly click on the "Forgot Password" button, if that didnt work, click on the "Report a problem" button. If that doesnt work then send a mail to their respective email addresses. This isnt a big issue. Peace
Kishkosh:

Someone should pls help me naaaa. I earnestly seek your help guys. Abeg

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2018
makano:
Mr Kishkosh, The house is tensed, maybe that's why no one has attended to you. No one here is a VO or works in IRCC to know how to solve ur "Unable to login" Issue. This isnt a big issue as you have painted it tho. Kindly click on the "Forgot Password" button, if that didnt work, click on the "Report a problem" button. If that doesnt work then send a mail to their respective email addresses. This isnt a big issue. Peace
You have said it all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 13, 2018
makano:

Was hoping someone would do this patiently as I kept wondering why a login issue can’t be reported directly to the relevant quarters. It’s not exactly something anyone here can help with.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Doyenrey: 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2018
Famzyactivity:
Does IRCC actually gets the uploaded document that was sent using webform?

Yes they do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2018
Yes I Included my SOP along with my application

goingforward:

quote author=mightyola post=71157796]Profile
Program: PGC Network and Security Architecture
School: Fanshawe College
Online application

Documents Submitted:
1. CIC DOCUMENTS:

2. ACADEMIC DOCS
• Bachelor’s Degree Certificate
• University Transcripts
• WAEC Result
• NYSC Discharge Certificate

3. PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
• International Passport
• Passport Photograph (2)
• Birth Certificate (British)
• Statement of Purpose
• Police Certificate
• Statement of account with closing balance of 600k
• Pages of stamped passport to UK, DUBAI

4.Employment DOCUMENTS
• Letter of Employment
• Pay Stubs
• Letter of recommendation
• Identity Card
• Pension Statement

5. SCHOOL DOCUMENTS
• Fanshawe Letter of Admission
• Tuition Fees (1st Semester Payment Receipt)($7,500)

6. SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS
• Letter of Sponsorship
• Affidavit of Sponsorship
• Biological Sister Sponsor Statement of Account closing balance

@mightyola,

The VO stated ''I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay'' 4 times.
I think it points to home ties.- Something Compelling that the VO thinks its sufficient reason enough that will make you return upon the completion of your study.

Did you write an SOP and what did you state as your home ties?

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 13, 2018
thompson4real:
Hello House, Which is better or advisable between Memorial University of NewfoundLand and University of Prince Edward Island.
Both are offering my Course.

The Memorial University of Newfoundland is 5 times bigger than the University of Prince Edward Island in campus size, student enrollment and financial endowment.

It’s a simple decision in my opinion.

More importantly, you may want to check out the program reputation before deciding on which one to apply to.

canadabyfire:

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 12:56pm On Sep 13, 2018
Toritseyemi:

Applied online: June 10th
Biometric request: June 12th
Biometric done: June 20th
Medical exam request: August 23rd
Medicals done: August 29th
Last change on status: August 31st; showing medicals.

My school resumed on the 4th of September, deadline extended to the 17th of September. Still no change. I have a valid Canadian visa, when i get the final decision, can i travel and get my permit activated at the POE or i still have to drop my passport?
Have you considered online registration? Does your program have winter start? Even if passport is requested now, seems almost impossible to get it back and arrive Canada before Monday.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 1:01pm On Sep 13, 2018
makano:
Sorry for ur delay bro, but let me chip this in. Ur profile is obviously good for TRV approval as against the reasons for ur refusal. One thing about this CIC people that I have personally observed is the VOs that attend to applications. Lets assume 10 VOs attend to ur Application differently, am sure 6 will approve you cos there is progression in Career in ur App, u have strong Employment prospect and also u have other visas stamped on ur passport. Personally I have seen peeps here getting approval without SOP or LOE, and also without statement of Account. Like one of my friends who is in Canada told me a year ago, he said this Visa Officers also work on application based on their mood, A VO that is angry from home and gets to the office, its obvious the first application(that is so tight) she will work on will be affected(Likely Refusal) based on her current mood. While a VO that got an increase in pay or got promotion and works on an Application that isnt really tight can because of her happy mood just approve the application bebe. So my point is that these applications are in the hands of the VO that attends to them. I have noticed that one prayer we fail to pray here is that God should make our application get to the hands of the right VO(the happy Vo). please order for ur GCMS note and patiently tackle the reasons, take ur time and do not rush. And ur next application will def be approved. I await ur approval in the next application.

I agree with you @makano,

These VO's are human beings, with families, with their own issues( family or work related etc) and personalities. That is why prayers are extremely important.

The race is not to the swift neither is the battle for the strong, its God that shows mercy.

It's not by how ''air-tight' or ''weak'' an application is. God's favor and grace can prevail over that completely.

I think each person should start praying for your VO, that they will be in the right frame of mind when they are looking through our application in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen. This may seem funny but its the truth.

Goingforward.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ayoola222: 1:02pm On Sep 13, 2018
Good day everyone,
I have a sister with SSCE that wants to pursue her MBBS in Canada. I need adequate information about the steps she needs to take and suggestions on or links to low tuition institutions in Canada she can apply to.
I await your urgent and resourceful response.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 1:05pm On Sep 13, 2018
kpizzle:
Sorry about your refusal. it can be very painful. Please permit me to ask some question, you might has ans previously but i don't have time to check right now

[b][b]1) what did you study for UG?
Computer Engineering

2) when did u graduate?

3) are u above 30 years now?

4) have you been working since u graduated?
yes,been working since my NYSC, all previous work experience is in line with my career path

5) You mentioned your siblings as your sponsor and it is like they are not in Nigeria. please tell us what u used as home tie?
I have other sibilings here in Nigeria and parents here in Nigeria[/b]

6) after graduation were u working in IT firms or related field?
Yes been working in IT related field.[/b]

Note: Please i want you to not feel you have done a proper job with your SOP and it should have sail you through, SOP is either here or there and it is not mandatory that the VO put it into consideration.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 1:13pm On Sep 13, 2018
goingforward:

I agree with you @makano,

These VO's are human beings, with families, with their own issues( family or work related etc) and personalities. That is why prayers are extremely important.

The race is not to the swift neither is the battle for the strong, its God that shows mercy.

It's not by how ''air-tight' or ''weak'' an application is. God's favor and grace can prevail over that completely.

I think each person should start praying for your VO, that they will be in the right frame of mind when they are looking through our application in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen. This may seem funny but its the truth.

Goingforward.
Since we've gone religious, God may also delay a persons application to protect him/her... just like an annoying tire puncture or vehicle breakdown can help one avoid armed robbers/ kidnappers operating along your route or even a deadly accident.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 13, 2018
galala123:

Since we've gone religious, God may also delay a persons application to protect him/her... just like an annoying tire puncture or vehicle breakdown can help one avoid armed robbers/ kidnappers operating along your route or even a deadly accident.
We reason one way in Nigeria. Your words are valid!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 1:27pm On Sep 13, 2018
galala123:

Everyone hopes and prays for an approval.
Truth is even a refusal can still be the hand of God preventing one from something or saying it's not yet time or I want you to go somewhere else.

Well, my prayer personally is let God take control and let his will be done in my application.

goingforward.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Linzo(m): 1:36pm On Sep 13, 2018
thompson4real:
Hello House, Which is better or advisable between Memorial University of NewfoundLand and University of Prince Edward Island.
Both are offering my Course.
I think MUN is better in the sense that both schools are in area with low job opportunities, however, in the last job statistics released Newfoundland is second to last which is PEI
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Linzo(m): 1:41pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ayoola222:
Good day everyone,
I have a sister with SSCE that wants to pursue her MBBS in Canada. I need adequate information about the steps she needs to take and suggestions on or links to low tuition institutions in Canada she can apply to.
I await your urgent and resourceful response.
Thank you.
Sorry MBBS is not given to foreigners in Canada to study!! Your kid sister can take course from pharmacy or nursing but not for MBBS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 13, 2018
goingforward:

Truth is even a refusal can still be the hand of God preventing one from something or saying it's not yet time or I want you to go somewhere else.

Well, my prayer personally is let God take control and [b]*let his will be done in my application*

[/b]goingforward.

Well said bruv! The bolded is key! God's will be done..

Canada is not a must.. God's will is a must!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Toritseyemi: 1:48pm On Sep 13, 2018
galala123:

Have you considered online registration? Does your program have winter start? Even if passport is requested now, seems almost impossible to get it back and arrive Canada before Monday.

Registration is by payment which i have made. No, only fall. So if i defer it is till fall next year. Deferral requests are not even guaranteed or so they say. The London vfs replied an email some days ago saying once i get a letter of approval, my study permit can be activated at the POE.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2018
@Going forward how far your app since the September 3rd usual [b]"active review" [/b]response from Lagos ?still on background check?

goingforward:

Well, my prayer personally is let God take control and let his will be done in my application.

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Doyenrey: 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2018
Toritseyemi:

Registration is by payment which i have made. No, only fall. So if i defer it is till fall next year. Deferral requests are not even guaranteed or so they say. The London vfs replied an email some days ago saying once i get a letter of approval, my study permit can be activated at the POE.

Ooh for real?? So you don't need to submit your passport? Because I have a valid visitor's visa too, and still waiting on these people
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kuffour1267: 1:58pm On Sep 13, 2018
You can create another cic account and link your application again

Kishkosh:

Someone should pls help me naaaa. I earnestly seek your help guys. Abeg

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 2:03pm On Sep 13, 2018
The way he kept repeating it just made me to voice out. When someone isnt a baby. Anybody that has that kind of challenge knws what next to do, not to keep disturbing the house cos of a primary school issue.
ANaledi:

Was hoping someone would do this patiently as I kept wondering why a login issue can’t be reported directly to the relevant quarters. It’s not exactly something anyone here can help with.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 13, 2018
makano:
The way he kept repeating it just made me to voice out. When someone isnt a baby. Anybody that has that kind of challenge knws what next to do, not to keep disturbing the house cos of a primary school issue.

I’ve been too anxious about my own application so I’m being selective about what I respond to. 5 weeks and counting yet no medical call.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Toritseyemi: 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2018
Doyenrey:

Ooh for real?? So you don't need to submit your passport? Because I have a valid visitor's visa too, and still waiting on these people

That's what I'm not 100% sure of. Been trying to call IRCC to confirm. High volumes they say; so no available agent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 2:32pm On Sep 13, 2018
canadabyfire:

@Going forward how far your app since the September 3rd usual [b]"active review" [/b]response from Lagos ?still on background check?

Still on it. Waiting for a favorable feedback.
Eligibility review started last week Friday for myself and kids. ( i checked on Saturday so not sure when it started).

Hubby's is still on background check ( i guess because his is a visit visa).

Still waiting. It will end in praise and thanksgiving in Jesus name. Amen.

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
mightyokwy:

My application was rejected last week and searching for guide line for my LOE because I will like to reapply again by end of this month. Thanks
mightyokwy,
The content of an LOE can begin this way...

The Visa Officer,
Deputy High Commission of Canada,
4 Anifowoshe street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria.

Sir/Madam,

Sub: Re-application for Study Permit

Mightyokwy. 2 years Masters in Computer Science University of British Columbia.

I applied for a Study Permit for Canada on the 15th of July, 2018 for my masters Programme in computer sciences at the University of British Columbia for the fall term 2018 and got refused on the 24th of August, 2018 the second time.

The Study Permit refusal was based on the following reasons;

• PURPOSE OF VISIT
• CURRENT EMPLOYMENT SITUATION
• LIMITED EMPLOYMENT PROPECTS
• FINANCIAL STATUS/ ASSETS

I also ordered my GCMS notes and have gone through the detailed rejection reasons. I wish to offer the following clarifications with a request to kindly reconsider my application and grant me the Study Permit.

GCMS NOTES;

COPY AND PASTE YOUR GCMS NOTE HERE:

The ground for rejection of my Visa application and clarification are mentioned here under;

1-) PURPOSE OF VISIT - Discuss about the lucrativeness and reasonableness of undertaking your proposed program in Canada at a high expense when there are similar available program here in Nigeria. Show strong correlation between your previous studies, current employment status with your proposed program. Also provide documentations to evident your claims.

2-) FAMILY TIES IN COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE - In as much as we know that the visa officers are not custodians of knowledge, you need to provide sufficient ties that can compel your return back home like : Landed properties, business assets, investments, shares certificates etc. Go further by listing out the obligations you've here in Nigeria which you can't abandon for a foreign education. While doing this, provide documentations to support your claims.

3-) CURRENT EMPLOYMENT SITUATION - Talk more on the experience you have gained so far in your current employment and how it's translated to your intended program. Mention your duties at your place of work that have triggered your passion to further your studies abroad. Tender documents like employment letters, introductory letter, payslips slips, etc... in support of your employment status.

4-) Furthermore, pick out some points raised by the Visa officer from the GCMS notes, discuss about them and provide brief explanation.

I would be grateful if you reconsider my application and permit me to study Masters in Computer Sciences at the University of British Columbia.

Thank you for your time and reconsideration.

Your's Faithfully,

Mightyokwy

I hope this gives you an insight of what you seek. All the best!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 13, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

mightyokwy,

The content of an LOE can begin this way...

The Visa Officer,
Deputy High Commission of Canada,

Sir/Madam,

[b]Sub: Re-application for Study Permit[/b]

Mightyokwy. 2 years Masters in Disability Studies University of Manitoba.

I applied for a Study Permit for Canada on the 15th of July, 2018 for my masters Programme in computer sciences at the University of British Columbia for the fall term 2018 and got refused on the 24th of August, 2018 the second time.

The Study Permit refusal was based on the following reasons;

• PURPOSE OF VISIT
• CURRENT EMPLOYMENT SITUATION
• LIMITED EMPLOYMENT PROPECTS
• FINANCIAL STATUS/ ASSETS

I also ordered my GCMS notes and have gone through the detailed rejection reasons. I wish to offer the following clarifications with a request to kindly reconsider my application and grant me the Study Permit.

GCMS NOTES;

COPY AND PASTE YOUR GCMS NOTE:

The ground for rejection of my Visa application and clarification are mentioned here under;

1-) PURPOSE OF VISIT - Provide explanations and documents to evident your claims.

2-) FAMILY TIES IN COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE - Provide explanations and documents to evident your claims.

3-) CURRENT EMPLOYMENT SITUATION - Provide explanations and documents to evident your claims.

4-) Also pick out some points from the GCMS notes, that needs to tackled and provide brief explanation.

I would be grateful if you reconsider my application and permit me to study Masters in Computer Sciences Studies at the University of British Columbia.

Thank You,

Mightyokwy

I hope this gives you an insight in what you seek. All the best!

This is SO HELPFUL

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DanielUC(m): 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2018
Good day all,

Please your candid advice will be needful here.

I have secured an admission at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology Edmonton to study INDUSTRIAL HEAVY EQUIPMENT TECHNOLOGY (2 yrs diploma program)

I have tried applying for study permit last year into Canada which failed due to insufficient funds on the path of my sponsor and also on mine too. I was also refused because my SOP was not convincing enough because I chose going for a diploma program even when I have a degree already (but a 3rd class - Mech. Engr.).

I am about to apply again this month with the same diploma program with a convincing SOP explaining why I chose this lower program, with the help of my aunt whose savings account is funded to the tune of 50million naira (as full sponsor). Although, I am employed, my salary payments are not made through the bank but by hand (cash), I earn 100k monthly. Is it possible for me not to bring in my financial details at all and just claim that my aunt is funding everything?

Also, what other documents must follow my aunt's bank statement?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 2:48pm On Sep 13, 2018
Lol. It will end in praise bro.. Mine is 7 weeks..
ANaledi:

I’ve been too anxious about my own application so I’m being selective about what I respond to. 5 weeks and counting yet no medical call.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DanielUC(m): 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2018
Still hoping to get reply ASAP.

DanielUC:
Good day all,

Please your candid advice will be needful here.

I have secured an admission at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology Edmonton to study INDUSTRIAL HEAVY EQUIPMENT TECHNOLOGY (2 yrs diploma program)

I have tried applying for study permit last year into Canada which failed due to insufficient funds on the path of my sponsor and also on mine too. I was also refused because my SOP was not convincing enough because I chose going for a diploma program even when I have a degree already (but a 3rd class - Mech. Engr.).

I am about to apply again this month with the same diploma program with a convincing SOP explaining why I chose this lower program, with the help of my aunt whose savings account is funded to the tune of 50million naira (as full sponsor). Although, I am employed, my salary payments are not made through the bank but by hand (cash), I earn 100k monthly. Is it possible for me not to bring in my financial details at all and just claim that my aunt is funding everything?

Also, what other documents must follow my aunt's bank statement?

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.