Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (785479 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ibbond(m): 1:24pm On Sep 26, 2018
@goingforward, have you gotten any update from cic after your passport submission last week ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ralfudoh(m): 1:33pm On Sep 26, 2018
123abcclown:

Wow. Congrats.

Coming down gradually. cool

June 29th applicant here. Baba God, abeg o cry cry cry
Wait na bros, you want to jump 21st and go to 29th? grin
We will all get there. CIC doesn't want me to testify of part 14.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by agborichard: 1:45pm On Sep 26, 2018
GOOD DAY HOUSE. WILL I BE ABLE TO START AN ADMISSION PROCESS NOW FOR JANUARY RESUMPTION AND STILL BE ABLE TO SECURE A VISA WITHIN THIS SHORT TIME OR I SHOULD OPT FOR MAY RESUMPTION TO GIVE ME ENOUGH TIME TO PREPARE. KINDLY ADVICE.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sleekysoft(m): 1:45pm On Sep 26, 2018
congrats in addy.. I celebrate you ..I tap into your grace and faith for an approval
I applied June 16,
eligibility started August 12,
I did upfront medicals Sept 3 and it was updated as passed Sept 18
since then nothing oo
i tap into all the PPR persons.. @ibbond, @goingforward, @doyenrey @somtelme.. HOly Ghost convention starting today and i key
into my PPR and approval with faith

jandj:
Medical mail just dropped! June 19 online applicant

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Damsyangel23(f): 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2018
canadabyfire:

We are almost coming to the end of Part 14....................one more page..............and we will rollover to part 15......................may the Part 15 favour many with their expected TRV.....................
Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dan90s: 2:15pm On Sep 26, 2018

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 26, 2018
ralfudoh:

Wait na bros, you want to jump 21st and go to 29th? grin
We will all get there. CIC doesn't want me to testify of part 14.

Most important thing is that we all get approved chronologically or anyhow-logically grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ralfudoh(m): 2:22pm On Sep 26, 2018
123abcclown:

Most important thing is that we all get approved chronologically or anyhow-logically grin grin
Fly together self. We will all get there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ezriela: 2:53pm On Sep 26, 2018
Congrats jandj
jandj:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sleekysoft(m): 2:53pm On Sep 26, 2018
Congrats to you , i tap into your testimony, Happy for you .. And i am next in line

Missbaby:
APPROVAL ALERT!!!
Online Application
Submitted: June 16, 2018
Biometrics request: June 22, 2018
Eligibility review: August 9, 2018
Medicals request: August 9, 2018
Medicals done: August 14, 2018
Medicals passed: August 16, 2018
Passport request: August 30, 2018

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
All required CIC forms
Acceptance letter
WAEC result
Transcripts
BA certificate (first class) – I also got a scholarship covering full tuition from my school in Canada but had to sort my living expenses
NYSC Discharge Certificate
Sponsors’ statement of account with closing balance of about 300k (business account)
Sponsors’ treasury bill certificates – 10m
Sponsors’ CAC
Sponsors’ tax clearance certificate
Sponsors’ international passport data page
Letter of Intent

My sponsor was my cousin so I included a family tree showing relationship and her marriage certificate since we no longer have the same last name.

I didn’t include my personal statement of account and my home ties were my two siblings in Nigeria and the job prospects that I have in Nigeria based on my course.

First, I must state that my application was nothing but a miracle. After submission, I found nairaland and based on what I read on threads, I had some loopholes in my application like using a business statement of account, not submitting my personal statement of account, and not having the usual home ties like land and other properties.

I kept praying and believing God for his grace to cover the flaws in my application and He showed up for me! Nothing is impossible with God, you just need to have faith and He will show up for you mightily.

Best of luck to other TRV hopefuls

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sleekysoft(m): 2:53pm On Sep 26, 2018
Congrats to you , i tap into your testimony, Happy for you .. And i am next in line

Missbaby:
APPROVAL ALERT!!!
Online Application
Submitted: June 16, 2018
Biometrics request: June 22, 2018
Eligibility review: August 9, 2018
Medicals request: August 9, 2018
Medicals done: August 14, 2018
Medicals passed: August 16, 2018
Passport request: August 30, 2018

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
All required CIC forms
Acceptance letter
WAEC result
Transcripts
BA certificate (first class) – I also got a scholarship covering full tuition from my school in Canada but had to sort my living expenses
NYSC Discharge Certificate
Sponsors’ statement of account with closing balance of about 300k (business account)
Sponsors’ treasury bill certificates – 10m
Sponsors’ CAC
Sponsors’ tax clearance certificate
Sponsors’ international passport data page
Letter of Intent

My sponsor was my cousin so I included a family tree showing relationship and her marriage certificate since we no longer have the same last name.

I didn’t include my personal statement of account and my home ties were my two siblings in Nigeria and the job prospects that I have in Nigeria based on my course.

First, I must state that my application was nothing but a miracle. After submission, I found nairaland and based on what I read on threads, I had some loopholes in my application like using a business statement of account, not submitting my personal statement of account, and not having the usual home ties like land and other properties.

I kept praying and believing God for his grace to cover the flaws in my application and He showed up for me! Nothing is impossible with God, you just need to have faith and He will show up for you mightily.

Best of luck to other TRV hopefuls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Concate(f): 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2018
mathy001:
Question for doctoral students or other applicants:

Did you guys include a working bibliography in your Statement of Program/Purpose/Intent? Is it actually necessary to do such? I cant seem to find a definite answer to this question but I want to sample opinions so that I know what to do. By extension, I'll also ask if you did any in-text citation in your SOP.

I'll appreciate answers, please.

Hi,

I did explained my professional career progression in my SOP from the beginning to the end. I believe it's good to have on your SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JustMellow: 3:44pm On Sep 26, 2018
ANaledi:

Do you know what this group is meant for or are you just being deliberately obtuse?

Obtuse you called it? who is sounding obtuse, you or me?! Take a chair & think to your inane approach, isn't submitting a SP at the VFS not also related to what this group is meant for? You are so retard MR.

Yeah you are!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Awuuga: 5:06pm On Sep 26, 2018
To be honest, this is Impossible. Opt for May Resumption. Even then i’m not sure the application process is still ongoing. Check the univeristy’s Website to be certain. All the best.

agborichard:
GOOD DAY HOUSE. WILL I BE ABLE TO START AN ADMISSION PROCESS NOW FOR JANUARY RESUMPTION AND STILL BE ABLE TO SECURE A VISA WITHIN THIS SHORT TIME OR I SHOULD OPT FOR MAY RESUMPTION TO GIVE ME ENOUGH TIME TO PREPARE. KINDLY ADVICE.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by agborichard: 5:08pm On Sep 26, 2018
agborichard:

SOMEBODY SHOULD RESPOND
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 5:32pm On Sep 26, 2018
@Justwise.... come and do the needful....... Congratulations to all those their app was approved..... We shall all smile at the end, be nice canadian student visa thread part 15!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 5:57pm On Sep 26, 2018
agborichard:
Apply for Fall 2019 intake, take your time and read through the thread.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by waya1: 8:18pm On Sep 26, 2018
Good evening all.
I know this is not the right thread for this, but just wanted to ask.
Please! Did anyone apply for SOWP here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Zee1Sha2: 8:43pm On Sep 26, 2018
jandj:

MBA admission is easier in UNB because they have two types of MBA running in two different cities - Fredricton and ST John. My brother told me about the MBA and As at last year, the acceptance rate was high. I got admitted within 3 weeks. Although I later decided not to pursue MBA. You can give it a trial.

UNB is university of new Brunswick.

Thank You.

Please assist on the procedures and the documents you provided. Please how can reach you? thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yemupz(m): 8:54pm On Sep 26, 2018
mathy001:
Question for doctoral students or other applicants:

Did you guys include a working bibliography in your Statement of Program/Purpose/Intent? Is it actually necessary to do such? I cant seem to find a definite answer to this question but I want to sample opinions so that I know what to do. By extension, I'll also ask if you did any in-text citation in your SOP.

I'll appreciate answers, please.

No, I don't think you need bibliography or in-text citation in research statement/intent except you're required to write a formal research proposal.

And no, not required in SOP as well, I think, as it's not an academic document.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Tnablack(f): 9:05pm On Sep 26, 2018
@jandj
Please when your medical request dropped, did you also get an email update?

I am kind of tired checking on my CIC account every now and then but I have notifications for all new emails which naturally draw my attention to them.

jandj:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Senatorkolade: 9:29pm On Sep 26, 2018
Tnablack:
@jandj

I am kind of tired checking on my CIC account every now and then but I have notifications for all new emails which naturally draw my attention to them.

jandj:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Senatorkolade: 9:31pm On Sep 26, 2018
Tnablack:
@jandj

jandj:

DID THEY REQUEST FOR AN UPDATED LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Success2019: 9:46pm On Sep 26, 2018
Guys please I have a question
In imm1294 form in section of employment details and previous activity
I am confused I am only 19 with no employment history and I can't validate the form without answering it
Pls what should I put there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dee4Jesus: 10:37pm On Sep 26, 2018
Good day Gurus,
No one answered my question.

That what program can I apply for as an HND holder. I really need your candid advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 26, 2018
Senatorkolade:

DID THEY REQUEST FOR AN UPDATED LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE?

noo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drdamy(m): 10:58pm On Sep 26, 2018
MSC COMPUTER SCIENCE, PLEASE ADVICE ME THE BEST SCHOOLS FOR FALL 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 26, 2018
Tnablack:
@jandj

jandj:

you will get a notification in ur mailbox that u have a message in your online account

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Awuuga: 11:21pm On Sep 26, 2018
While in school did you do any internship program? If yes, include it.

Success2019:
I am confused I am only 19 with no employment history and I can't validate the form without answering it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Awuuga: 11:26pm On Sep 26, 2018
Try google, have a checklist of location, course structure, fees etc. Compare and contrast the universities offering Computer Science. Pick one University or more and apply, depending on how much money you’re willing to spend on application fees.

All the best.

drdamy:
MSC COMPUTER SCIENCE, PLEASE ADVICE ME THE BEST SCHOOLS FOR FALL 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Unlimited22: 11:41pm On Sep 26, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:46am On Sep 27, 2018
Success2019:

You don't have to be gainfully employed. Simply, fill in the details of your secondary and primary school education there and use your school as the employer while the job position will be named as student

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.