Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,970 members, 7,825,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (497) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (788204 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Linzo(m): 3:00pm On Sep 25, 2018
Please my fellow applicants, how do I get to VAC office from ojodu berger? I'm not use to Lagos route, am here mainly to submit my TRV application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 25, 2018
Linzo:
Please my fellow applicants, how do I get to VAC office from ojodu berger? I'm not use to Lagos route, am here mainly to submit my TRV application

The time spent waiting for a response here would have gotten you a route on google maps. Hopefully someone replies in time with the answer you need. My advice- use google maps
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MeinKampf: 3:18pm On Sep 25, 2018
Linzo:
From Berger, enter CMS or OBALENDE, from there ask for buses going to Ajah , then alight at ikate roundabout, cross to the other side and walk inward like 2 mins, keep to your left , you should see those touts around the building, that's VFS.
Note, you can enter BRT from Berger and also BRT from CMS or Obalende
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MeinKampf: 3:21pm On Sep 25, 2018
ANaledi:

The time spent waiting for a response here would have gotten you a route on google maps. Hopefully someone replies in time with the answer you need. My advice- use google maps
it's better to get proper direction from people in Lagos than relying on Google map
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by muizzzz: 3:56pm On Sep 25, 2018
My People,

What I observe is that any application that is more than 4 weeks always end with success.

I also observe that refusal is within 3 to 4 weeks.

If your application is beyond 4 weeks , congrats in advance.

I stand to be corrected.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by haaryobhami: 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2018
good afternoon y'll,I am a bsc holder in law from a university in benin republic,I registered for one of Canada student visa program.
I intend to do my masters abroad but I plan to do a commercial course,so one of the agent nd he said embassy can't allow u do commercial course as masters if u hold bsc in law or any course not related to commercial courses.
pls how true is this?

nb:if u know a sure Canada student visa program within lagos u can send me d link or pm me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ysakaws1: 4:00pm On Sep 25, 2018
elimsme:

Is not too early, but I will suggest since you have alot of time, carefully do necessary research and package ur app well. No need to rush with so much time at hand. Once u feel u are 100% ready submit it.
Hi, I couldn’t reply one of your posts directly, so I am doing it through this post. You talked about University of Western Ontario being the best option for full funding thesis based computer science. Please I am about to apply to the university. How do I apply for the full funding Also, can I still get full funding for course based computer science??
I am also confused about supervisor thing, does the school make it compulsory for students to find and get a supervisor by themselves
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kpizzle: 4:02pm On Sep 25, 2018
Hmmm.... Quite possible. But we have seen some approvals less than 4 weeks. Anyway if something happens majority of the time like 90% then we can say that's the rule.

muizzzz:
My People,

What I observe is that any application that is more than 4 weeks always end with success.

I also observe that refusal is within 3 to 4 weeks.

If your application is beyond 4 weeks , congrats in advance.

I stand to be corrected.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JustMellow: 4:04pm On Sep 25, 2018
Dan90s:
Good morning house, I just collected my stamped passport...glory be to GOD. I pray everyone here gets their visas on time!

Please where was your paper route application processed?!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dammygoody(m): 4:05pm On Sep 25, 2018
Good day gurus,
I'm a newbie here and want to start reading, but please, can someone recommend where I can start from that will give me accurate information 'cos I understand that this is the 14th part and there might have been changes here and there in the application process from start to finish.. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kceecool(m): 4:11pm On Sep 25, 2018
I just Got a mail from CIC in response to what I sent earlyrical this month.

view screen shots below.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kayvine4u: 4:11pm On Sep 25, 2018
Haba...be nice and show some empathy. No everyone is IT savvy like you.
ANaledi:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JustMellow: 4:23pm On Sep 25, 2018
If you don't have answers to someone's question, please keep quiet and stop acting dexter, just because people here always insist using Google doesn't make it the wisest improvisation in Lagos of a place. If Google has everything to a man's desire, this forum won't be of any essence

ANaledi:

Linzo:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ghabrhiel10: 4:23pm On Sep 25, 2018
Application refused today after almost 15 weeks. I don't really understand this based on purpose of visit

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ysakaws1: 4:34pm On Sep 25, 2018
omojehovah:

Just sent you a PM. Can we talk?
Hi, for the application of University of Western Ontario, did you search and get a supervisor yourself?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 4:49pm On Sep 25, 2018
@ Ghabrhiel10,.....take heart ooooo...........15weeks waiting to get this kind of news isnt sweet at all...............in any case....please share your profile and also order your GCMS notes......................London VO's and their delay in reviewing application.................

Did your eligibility change at any point before this delay?

ghabrhiel10:
Application refused today after almost 15 weeks. I don't really understand this based on purpose of visit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bibeetee: 4:53pm On Sep 25, 2018
Pls , gurus in the house. I need your advice pls
My husband is presently a PhD student in canada. I am also in the process of applying to study there. Do I apply for sowp and convert to study permit in the future or should I apply for study permit from Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 25, 2018
JustMellow:
If you don't have answers to someone's question, please keep quiet and stop acting dexter, just because people here always insist using Google doesn't make it the wisest improvisation in Lagos of a place. If Google has everything to a man's desire, this forum won't be of any essence

Do you know what this group is meant for or are you just being deliberately obtuse?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 25, 2018
canadabyfire:

@ Ghabrhiel10,.....take heart ooooo...........15weeks waiting to get this kind of news isnt sweet at all...............in any case....please share your profile and also order your GCMS notes......................London VO's and their delay in reviewing application.................

people usually get rejected cos of the same reason of not being sure u will return home...well..b4 I applied, I added an affidavit from the court wea I swore to come back home...I think dat could help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ghabrhiel10: 5:02pm On Sep 25, 2018
canadabyfire:

Will share that, currently battling with an over Sabi agent to release my application details. Best advice to anybody applying AVOID AGENTS. I got to know about this forum late, if not would have done it myself
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 25, 2018
ANaledi:

Do you know what this group is meant for or are you just being deliberately obtuse?

It's okay guys...pls if u want help u do data, if u don't, don't say anything...besides his new to the place...
Let's not fight but pray for success in all our applications cos as for me, am 9weeks since biometrics and I follow this thread like mad... Peace!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 25, 2018
ghabrhiel10:

Will share that, currently battling with an over Sabi agent to release my application details. Best advice to anybody applying AVOID AGENTS. I got to know about this forum late, if not would have done it myself

As in eeh...Agents is a no go area...this guy's just want the money in your pocket...if u are applying, follow this thread or ask people that u know that applied and wea successful....an agent won't guarantee u visa approval....oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ezriela: 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2018
OMG I am sorry, kindly order for your gmcs note
ghabrhiel10:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 5:27pm On Sep 25, 2018
SirVal94:
He has done so much for me, I can not tell it all.

Original Passport request just dropped, while I was sending yet another mail to London visa office.

I will share my timeline soon.

For TRV hopefuls, until God opens the next door, praise him in the hall way.

PS: Do I need an appointment to submit my passport?
Congratulations on your approval, praise the Lord.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 5:32pm On Sep 25, 2018
Today, 3 monikers have given updates on their status.............based on my analysis....i will assume that CIC is processing application submitted between June 14 to June 16.............this analysis may not be 75% correct........its actually hard to profile schematics used by VO's

MONIKER SUBMISSION DATE BIOMETRIC DATE CIC UPDATES as at 25/09/2018
Tobbyboy17 16-Jun 25-Jun-18 Medical Request
Sival94 15-Jun-18 29-Jun-18 Passport Request
Ghabrhiel10 14-Jun-18 25-Jun-18 Delayed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ghabrhiel10: 5:36pm On Sep 25, 2018
Yeah, I'm on it now. Please anyone with gcms note experience should help. Who should be the designated representative?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Linzo(m): 5:47pm On Sep 25, 2018
MeinKampf:

From Berger, enter CMS or OBALENDE, from there ask for buses going to Ajah , then alight at ikate roundabout, cross to the other side and walk inward like 2 mins, keep to your left , you should see those touts around the building, that's VFS.
Note, you can enter BRT from Berger and also BRT from CMS or Obalende
Thanks very much I'm so glad. God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blaugrana82(m): 5:52pm On Sep 25, 2018
ghabrhiel10:
Which programme are you going for? What did you study for your first degree? What job are you into?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 6:03pm On Sep 25, 2018
The person ordering the notes on your behalf.

ghabrhiel10:
Yeah, I'm on it now. Please anyone with gcms note experience should help. Who should be the designated representative?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ghabrhiel10: 6:09pm On Sep 25, 2018
blaugrana82:
Which programme are you going for? What did you study for your first degree? What job are you into?

Advanced diploma in chemical engineering
Mohawk College (fall 2018)
First degree B. Sc biochemistry (2.2)
Just finished NYSC
cry cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ghabrhiel10: 6:10pm On Sep 25, 2018
mightyola:
The person ordering the notes on your behalf.

Please ola, must someone do it on my behalf?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dan1936: 6:29pm On Sep 25, 2018
I am June 8th and no decision yet
Review of eligibility and up front medicals passed since August 7th
canadabyfire:
Today, 3 monikers have given updates on their status.............based on my analysis....i will assume that CIC is processing application submitted between June 14 to June 16.............this analysis may not be 75% correct........its actually hard to profile schematics used by VO's

MONIKER SUBMISSION DATE BIOMETRIC DATE CIC UPDATES as at 25/09/2018
Tobbyboy17 16-Jun 25-Jun-18 Medical Request
Sival94 15-Jun-18 29-Jun-18 Passport Request
Ghabrhiel10 14-Jun-18 25-Jun-18 Delayed

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.