Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,047 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (504) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (785597 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by TFLASHOGEE(m): 3:01pm On Sep 28, 2018
[quote author=Janekrys post=71607002][/quote] sorry about the delay bro, try order for your gcms note and tackle the VO points for refusal then refire. and I will advice you to still go through paper route if you got winter resumption but if you got fall 2019 then you can make more changes and apply online, surely it will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Famzyactivity: 3:08pm On Sep 28, 2018
July Online applicant How far?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 3:09pm On Sep 28, 2018
SirVal94:
MY APPROVAL TIMELINE

Submitted online application (with upfront medical) - 15th June 2018
Biometrics Letter - came on 22nd June, but I gave my biometrics on 29th June 2018 at the Lagos office
Eligibility review - started on 12th August 2018 (when I noticed)
Passport request - 25th September. Submitted passport same day. No time...lool
DLI - McGill University (MSc Bioresource Engineering)

Documents Submitted (Proof of Finance)
All IMM forms
Research assistantship award letter from advisor
Letter of financial support from dad
Dad's letter of investment from bank
My statement of account (closing balance of 147k)
7 months pay slips (I am a Graduate Assistant in Nigerian university)

Client Additional Information
SOP (a little over one page)
Admission letter
Degree certificate (2-1)
Academic awards
Employment letter from my university
Letter of introduction (to the Canadian High Commission) from my university
CV
Birth certificate
I later sent my study leave approval (from my university) as a CSE

McGill was on my neck. Deferring was not an option, becos I had already deferred from Fall 2017 to Fall 2018, so I could not defer any longer. I was given an ultimate deadline of 25th september by McGill, luckily, passport request came on the deadline. I kept sending mails and webforms to Lagos, Accra, Nairobi, Abu Dhabi. I even sent to Canada and Sydney offices...lool. Abu Dhabi and Sydney offices replied, saying my application is not being processed at their office but in London. From that day, London office started feeling me...an average of three mails and webforms every day grin grin grin morning, afternoon and night. In fact, my approval came in when I typing yet another mail to the London office.

During the waiting period, prayer was very helpful. I prayed my rosary, yes I am Catholic, like I have never done before. I also visited the Blessed Sacrament. Canada pple sabi humble person eeh!!!

For TRV hopefuls, hang in there. God go do am very soon.

Congratulations... I thought one isn't supposed to send additional document after application has been done. I wouldn't mind sending my transcripts oh... MBA transcript wasn't ready when I did application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Naijaforeigner: 3:40pm On Sep 28, 2018
Been long you saw me guys. It has been one big experience for me. But I thank God he did not let enemies laugh over me.

I got passport request on 15/08/18 back in London, got back to Nigeria with all my loads on 18/08/18 cos my Uk visa was about to expire and then submitted my passport at Lagos Canada VFS office on 20/08/18 to get it stamped. Then the long wait started.

I had to defer my admission and school said they would not give me a new LOA until they see my stamped passport. I started panicking cos my old LOA expired while waiting.

You guys don’t want to even imagine what was going through my mind? Imagine telling everyone they have requested for your passport ( I already announced on Nairaland and even told about 10 close friends and family out of excitement) and then what should normally take 7-10 days is taking forever.

Questions I started asking myself; Who did I tell and was not happy for me? Are they doing additional checks after asking for my passport? God have i done something bad in Lagos that wants to prevent my approval?

P.S: I waited 5 weeks and 3 days to get my passport request letter back then in London and then I waited another 5 weeks and 3 days in Lagos to get my visa stamped.

Passport was submitted 20/08/18. I got my correspondence letter on 27/09/18 and counter foil was stamped 26/09/18.

please this is my personal opinion.

(1) until you get your passport stamped and collect it physically, don’t announce it. I repeat do not announce it. Even after you have gotten it, continue in prayers cos POE still Dey there.

God is the greatest. God is the greatest. God is the greatest.

You guys will see more of me here now.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Naijaforeigner: 3:44pm On Sep 28, 2018
Biafranbushboy you will see me in December by Gods Grace. Looking forward to meeting you.

@mightyola I got your mention. You too much brotherly. Your story will turn out successful, forget the delay and retire. I belive in you. I will pm you.

Jnyuwa02 sorry boss I did not respond on time. I think your question has been answered already?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Hadastextiles: 4:31pm On Sep 28, 2018
Naijaforeigner:
Been long you saw me guys. It has been one big experience for me. But I thank God he did not let enemies laugh over me.

I got passport request on 15/08/18 back in London, got back to Nigeria with all my loads on 18/08/18 cos my Uk visa was about to expire and then submitted my passport at Lagos Canada VFS office on 20/08/18 to get it stamped. Then the long wait started.

I had to defer my admission and school said they would not give me a new LOA until they see my stamped passport. I started panicking cos my old LOA expired while waiting.

You guys don’t want to even imagine what was going through my mind? Imagine telling everyone they have requested for your passport ( I already announced on Nairaland and even told about 10 close friends and family out of excitement) and then what should normally take 7-10 days is taking forever.

Questions I started asking myself; Who did I tell and was not happy for me? Are they doing additional checks after asking for my passport? God have i done something bad in Lagos that wants to prevent my approval?

P.S: I waited 5 weeks and 3 days to get my passport request letter back then in London and then I waited another 5 weeks and 3 days in Lagos to get my visa stamped.

Passport was submitted 20/08/18. I got my correspondence letter on 27/09/18 and counter foil was stamped 26/09/18.

(1) until you get your passport stamped and collect it physically, don’t announce it. I repeat do not announce it. Even after you have gotten it, continue in prayers cos POE still Dey there.

Lol, so funny
Congrats bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by realshifu: 5:05pm On Sep 28, 2018
sanyalai:

Are you a Nigerian and what course did you apply to?

Thanks

Sorry I am just seeing this. Did you just ask if I am a Nigerian? grin grin grin. Laugh will not kill me oo. I never thought a day like this will come.

I am a full-blooded Lagosian. I had never stepped out of Nigeria before too. Its an Msc(Thesis) in Dental Sciences. There is a Non-Thesis option for the program too. Are you applying to McGill?

But I am curious my brother, why would you think I may not be a Nigerian? sad sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by 4suko: 5:06pm On Sep 28, 2018
Naijaforeigner:

LMAO��
Maybe they started another background check for you. You should be gaining weight back now. It wasn't easy �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by realshifu: 5:08pm On Sep 28, 2018
SirVal94:
MY APPROVAL TIMELINE

Submitted online application (with upfront medical) - 15th June 2018
Biometrics Letter - came on 22nd June, but I gave my biometrics on 29th June 2018 at the Lagos office
Eligibility review - started on 12th August 2018 (when I noticed)
Passport request - 25th September. Submitted passport same day. No time...lool
DLI - McGill University (MSc Bioresource Engineering)

Documents Submitted (Proof of Finance)
All IMM forms
Research assistantship award letter from advisor
Letter of financial support from dad
Dad's letter of investment from bank
My statement of account (closing balance of 147k)
7 months pay slips (I am a Graduate Assistant in Nigerian university)

Client Additional Information
SOP (a little over one page)
Admission letter
Degree certificate (2-1)
Academic awards
Employment letter from my university
Letter of introduction (to the Canadian High Commission) from my university
CV
Birth certificate
I later sent my study leave approval (from my university) as a CSE

McGill was on my neck. Deferring was not an option, becos I had already deferred from Fall 2017 to Fall 2018, so I could not defer any longer. I was given an ultimate deadline of 25th september by McGill, luckily, passport request came on the deadline. I kept sending mails and webforms to Lagos, Accra, Nairobi, Abu Dhabi. I even sent to Canada and Sydney offices...lool. Abu Dhabi and Sydney offices replied, saying my application is not being processed at their office but in London. From that day, London office started feeling me...an average of three mails and webforms every day grin grin grin morning, afternoon and night. In fact, my approval came in when I typing yet another mail to the London office.

During the waiting period, prayer was very helpful. I prayed my rosary, yes I am Catholic, like I have never done before. I also visited the Blessed Sacrament. Canada pple sabi humble person eeh!!!

For TRV hopefuls, hang in there. God go do am very soon.

Welcome to McGill! Don't worry, we are waiting for you. Me in Downtown and your other guys at Mcdonald. See you soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by realshifu: 5:21pm On Sep 28, 2018
4suko:

LMAO��
Maybe they started another background check for you. You should be gaining weight back now. It wasn't easy �

grin grin grin Highly unlikely. Once they have approved an application and requested for passport they have approved it. They won't return it and say oh, we are sorry for approving and requesting your passport, we have changed our mind, you can't study in Canada again for now. So what would be the point of a new background check that must have preceded the approval when neccessary? The legal blowback of such evident ineptitude will be massive, which makes it unlikely. We need to put into considerations also that Canadian government and her agencies are riddled with bottlenecks, slowness and inefficiencies. Someone shared a Quora post that explained it sometimes ago on this thread. My guess is that the 5wks wait for passport stamping and stuff is coz of the unusual route the passport took to get there in the first place. An inter-country passport sending, possibly first between two VFSs in different countries (Will be processed by both), then from VFS in the UK to the London Visa Office (will be proccessed there), possibly back to VFS in UK, then to VFS in Lagos. This may even explain why they charge passport transmission fee when you are sending a passport through a VFS you didn't apply from. initially.

I am probably wrong in the scenario I just described, but it's plausible. When you add these all up, it could explain that 5wks. Except in very rare situations, these folks are not known as the bastion of efficiency.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by BiafranBushBoy: 5:55pm On Sep 28, 2018
Naijaforeigner:
Biafranbushboy you will see me in December by Gods Grace. Looking forward to meeting you.

@mightyola I got your mention. You too much brotherly. Your story will turn out successful, forget the delay and retire. I belive in you. I will pm you.

Jnyuwa02 sorry boss I did not respond on time. I think your question has been answered already?

You want to buy me a beer?

I am always open to such...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by iphi(m): 6:34pm On Sep 28, 2018
Good day all.... Please I was denied study visa to Canada in 2017, I want to apply again but I lost that document of my refusal( document explaining why you cannot be granted visa) ... I have turned my house upside down and still can't find it... Its there a way I can get this my refusal document? Because I was told you would need it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sweetmb4real200: 7:37pm On Sep 28, 2018
Good evening nairalander,

Please I would like someone to assist me in reviewing my SOP, I will be glad to get someone to help me with it as I need to apply asap. Please house do help me tag someone who can assist me, I will be open to receiving anyone's email regarding the review. Thank you NAIRALANDERS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sweetmb4real200: 7:40pm On Sep 28, 2018
Good day Nairalanders,

PLEASE ANYONE to assist with my SOP review
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Hadastextiles: 7:48pm On Sep 28, 2018
sweetmb4real200:
Good day Nairalanders,

PLEASE ANYONE to assist with my SOP review

Winter is almost near, go for paper route due to time

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:11pm On Sep 28, 2018
realshifu:

grin grin grin Highly unlikely. Once they have approved an application and requested for passport they have approved it. They won't return it and say oh, we are sorry for approving and requesting your passport, we have changed our mind, you can't study in Canada again for now. So what would be the point of a new background check that must have preceded the approval when neccessary? The legal blowback of such evident ineptitude will be massive, which makes it unlikely. We need to put into considerations also that Canadian government and her agencies are riddled with bottlenecks, slowness and inefficiencies. Someone shared a Quora post that explained it sometimes ago on this thread. My guess is that the 5wks wait for passport stamping and stuff is coz of the unusual route the passport took to get there in the first place. An inter-country passport sending, possibly first between two VFSs in different countries (Will be processed by both), then from VFS in the UK to the London Visa Office (will be proccessed there), possibly back to VFS in UK, then to VFS in Lagos. This may even explain why they charge passport transmission fee when you are sending a passport through a VFS you didn't apply from. initially.

I am probably wrong in the scenario I just described, but it's plausible. When you add these all up, it could explain that 5wks. Except in very rare situations, these folks are not known as the bastion of efficiency.

You are absolutely right on every count. Intercountry transfer and intra-agency Commingling is to account for the five week delays in stamping. Better than applying and waiting in the UK and getting barred from their country try for overstay. CIC is not a bastion of efficiency, yes! Compare that to USA visa that takes only 3 minutes to know your fate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Naijaforeigner: 8:13pm On Sep 28, 2018
4suko:

LMAO��

Lol bro, I am eating welll now. Thanks boss.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:14pm On Sep 28, 2018
iphi:
Good day all.... Please I was denied study visa to Canada in 2017, I want to apply again but I lost that document of my refusal( document explaining why you cannot be granted visa) ... I have turned my house upside down and still can't find it... Its there a way I can get this my refusal document? Because I was told you would need it

It's called ordering for your GCMS note.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Naijaforeigner: 8:15pm On Sep 28, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

You want to buy me a beer?

I am always open to such...

Lol.... I don’t drink and I don’t offer such grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Linzo(m): 8:50pm On Sep 28, 2018
sweetmb4real200:
Good evening nairalander,

Please I would like someone to assist me in reviewing my SOP, I will be glad to get someone to help me with it as I need to apply asap. Please house do help me tag someone who can assist me, I will be open to receiving anyone's email regarding the review. Thank you NAIRALANDERS
If you don't ming I will help review your SOP and advice accordingly to the best of my knowledge

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by BiafranBushBoy: 9:37pm On Sep 28, 2018
Naijaforeigner:

Lol.... I don’t drink and I don’t offer such grin

Lol... All good

Nice Nice...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 9:45pm On Sep 28, 2018
Please I have a question, for anyone who has detailed answers, your input is welcomed.
I have a friend who is planning on applying for a study permit while in Canada on a visiting visa, I advised it was better to return to Nigeria and do the application. But she insisted that she knows someone who did this and was granted. My question is, how possible is this? I know after all there's an imm form for application for a study permit within Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by 4suko: 10:13pm On Sep 28, 2018
realshifu:

Correct Chief... Just catching fun wit CIC daily films. I'm happy for him. My own still counting, two weeks now.... May God WILL be done in everylife here!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by 4suko: 10:27pm On Sep 28, 2018
[quote author=Naijaforeigner post=71615730]

Lol bro, I am eating welll now. Thanks boss.

Nice one bro smiley . Congratulations.
My passport request took 35-day after medical passed no be small thing oo... Had gained my weight back sha. cool since had deferred to winter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by SirVal94: 11:56pm On Sep 28, 2018
henricson:

Congratulations... I thought one isn't supposed to send additional document after application has been done. I wouldn't mind sending my transcripts oh... MBA transcript wasn't ready when I did application.

Nothing stops you from sending additional documents you feel could give more credence to your application. I felt my study leave approval further proves my hometies to Nigeria, so I sent it, in addition to a little letter of explanation. The approval letter says my role in my university is reserved for me, and also when I am supposed to resume work.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sweetmb4real200: 11:58pm On Sep 28, 2018
Hadastextiles:

Winter is almost near, go for paper route due to time

Thank you for this heads up, I really do appreciate. I actually thought online was faster compared to paper route due to the time it will get there for processing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by SirVal94: 12:09am On Sep 29, 2018
sleekysoft:
Congrats fellow brother
We have same/similar profiles so i tap into your testimony and faith .. I submitted June’s 16 and d got biometric same day as yo but did mine 25th .. also I notice my eligibility review started same day you noticed yours Sunday.. upfront medicals passed already .. waiting for PpR and my God will do it.. I tap into your anioting and d faith and d goodness
Congrats bros

Oluwa go pick your call soon. Congratulations in advance. Dont forget to come back to the fellowship of brethren to share your testimony.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by iphi(m): 12:31am On Sep 29, 2018
jnyuwa02:

It's called ordering for your GCMS note.
thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sleekysoft(m): 12:39am On Sep 29, 2018
Sure bro , Faith and prayers all the way up

SirVal94:

Oluwa go pick your call soon. Congratulations in advance. Dont forget to come back to the fellowship of brethren to share your testimony.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by iphi(m): 12:47am On Sep 29, 2018
Please I did not order for a gcms note it was when I collected my doc at the visa office that I saw a note inside... I have lost this note. Is there anyway I can get this note back... I searched how to order gcms but I'm seeing the person has to be a permanent resident or someone in Canada... Please does anyone have an idea how I can get thus gcms?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by iphi(m): 12:50am On Sep 29, 2018
chigrad:
Hello. I applied for study permit twice and was denied in all. I requested for my GCMS note which I'll attach.
I have some concerns based on the reasons given. I read Chemistry for first degree, applied for Masters in Business admin. I have 3years work experience as a Business Development officer.prior to this I worked 1year as a chemist. Pls based on the GCMS note, what does Personal Circumstances and Family composition mean? During the application I applied alone without my spouse.
I will appreciate everyone's response.
Thank you
please help me with the process of applying for gmcs note...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ysakaws1: 2:40am On Sep 29, 2018
Planning to apply to University of Western Ontario for MSc. Computer Science. The programme duration is 1.4years. I am worried if I will be able to get 3years PGWP after. Anyone sure about this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.