Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,798 members, 7,831,584 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (791700 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Posam1: 11:07am On Apr 10, 2018
Posam1:
Hello Good morning fam, ...Please I need urgent help I want to use my moms sister in my application because I’ve been. Refused twice .!!!!.....How can I show she’s a true sponsor and show she’s ready to sponsor my education in Canada !
Please someone should help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Twallace: 11:11am On Apr 10, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Encapsulate them into strategic positions in your word document SOP and use them to tell your story!! Just scanning and printing pictures and submitting along with your application, will be rejected.

Thanks boss. Yes, I planned to refer to them in my SOP. In fact, I just need them to buttress the points on my SOP as well as make things clearer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 10, 2018
Osemigho:

God will reward us all. Amen.

Amen! smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 12:04pm On Apr 10, 2018
Hello guys, please someone who has done paper application before, the passport data page, is it only the page with ur picture or should it carry the first two pages?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kaedot: 12:23pm On Apr 10, 2018
Kaedot:
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I really appreciate everyones effort in helping others with valuable information in this forum.

Im planning to study in Canada next sept 2019. Im 26 yrs old, single and currently hold a diploma in accounting which i just obtained this year after 6 years gap. Im self sponsored but will also be using my mothers bank n land certificate to support my application.What are my chances of securing a visa to study advanced diploma in Canada.

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 1:15pm On Apr 10, 2018
[quote author=Kaedot post=66587146][/quote]

Your chances are as good as you make them. Cover the 6 years gap with meaningful activities. Obtain an admission into a program that reflects progression in your last degree or employment. Write a powerful SOP and adduce the factors that would induce you to return to Nigeria after your studies. Indicate why you have chosen to study in Canada and why not in Nigeria. Have enough money in the bank to show availability of funds to study in Canada. Your chances are good as you make them out to be and show evidence.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by omisyk(m): 2:04pm On Apr 10, 2018
I applied to attend conference at Montreal, in the application form i filled MSc as my highest degree but i already have admission for PDG at Brandon. My question now is, will the qualification filled in my application form for visiting visa affect my application for study permit. I intend to apply for study permit with my BSc.

Also i want to find out how to get to Canadian embassy from ojota
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 2:50pm On Apr 10, 2018
The page with your picture and personal details only
Prudento:
Hello guys, please someone who has done paper application before, the passport data page, is it only the page with ur picture or should it carry the first two pages?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jaybaby2017: 3:20pm On Apr 10, 2018
Good Afternoon House, Please I applied for Visitors visa to canada online on the 21st of march. I only received confirmation of submitted application and receipt of payment. The next day I was sent a mail in my yahoo that I have a mail on the site. I checked, there was no mail for me but my kids application had a second mail stating that they do not need biometrics. I have being waiting for my biometrics mail to no avail.
Please Guru's, how do I tackle this issue? Should I write them? and if yes...which address? Thanks for your prompt response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 3:54pm On Apr 10, 2018
omisyk:
I applied to attend conference at Montreal, in the application form i filled MSc as my highest degree but i already have admission for PDG at Brandon. My question now is, will the qualification filled in my application form for visiting visa affect my application for study permit. I intend to apply for study permit with my BSc.

If you are granted admissions at any CAnadian college or university and you accept it, it goes into a government database (IRCC) and CIC can vividly see all your admissions if you apply for visa. I am looking at a GCMS now where CIC listed all colleges/universities an applicant was accepted into. And he didn’t even divulge this information to them. So be careful what you fill out in application so it doesn’t undermine what you stated elsewhere as your qualifications.

That said, no your stating MSC as your highest qualification in your visiting visa would not undermine your student visa application. There is no rules that one with MSC cannot go for PGD. In fact it happens often. PGD is geared towards vocational training and often used by employers as a way of training their workers whatever their previous academic qualifications are.

The only problem I can see with your application is justifying why as a masters degree student, why you are going for PGD. It is a Herculean task with the VOs in Nigeria. I would rather you apply for a PHD if you have good grades in your masters studies. I know a person who with a Masters applied for PGD. He was rejected based on purpose of visit. He turned around and applied for a PHD then reapplied for the visa all things equal. He was granted. That’s a clue for you. A word they say is enough for the wise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 3:59pm On Apr 10, 2018
Hello Nairalanders, ( My 4th time of posting this), no response since i have been posting. Please, can someone help!!!

I am a newbie and I have been a silent reader for some time. smiley
Thank you to all the people in this group who take out time to respond to inquiries and posts.

I am applying through the paper route for a study permit in Canada, I choose the paper route because I am also applying with my company and i have a lot of documentation that i will be submitting that would not all go as an online application. I also run my business along with my husband. He will be running the business while I am away with the kids. But we choose to apply for visiting visa so that he can come and visit me and the kids anytime. And so, I am also applying alongside with my husband and two kids for a visitors visa.

My question is this, do I need to do medicals and Police report for himself and my kids? I want to do upfront medicals.

I look forward to your swift response.

Thank you.

GoingForward! smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:08pm On Apr 10, 2018
goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders, ( My 4th time of posting this), no response since i have been posting. Please, can someone help!!!

Thank you to all the people in this group who take out time to respond to inquiries and posts.

I am applying through the paper route for a study permit in Canada, I choose the paper route because I am also applying with my company and i have a lot of documentation that i will be submitting that would not all go as an online application. I also run my business along with my husband. He will be running the business while I am away with the kids. But we choose to apply for visiting visa so that he can come and visit me and the kids anytime. And so, I am also applying alongside with my husband and two kids for a visitors visa.

My question is this, do I need to do medicals and Police report for himself and my kids? I want to do upfront medicals.

Thank you.

GoingForward! smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:15pm On Apr 10, 2018
goingforward:

Thank you.

GoingForward! smiley

You are better off applying by yourself first. Use your husband and children and business left behind as a tie. When you are in Canada, petition for him and the kids for a SOWP. Applying for visiting visa is hard to get upfront for spouse and kids except you have a lot of travel history. So SOWP is your best bet. Your husband can return to Nigeria with the SOWP and apply for a visiting visa to revisit you. Returning to Nigeria after been granted SOWP will make it earsier to obtain visiting visa. That my take except you really want them all to go with you right now. That’s the reasonable strategy to undertake. Yes you can submit police report and upfront medicals if you want. Police report however, is not necessary for minors. Concerning medicals, I always advice people to wait till CIC requests it, so that you don’t throw away good money if its going to be a denial.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by omisyk(m): 4:21pm On Apr 10, 2018
jnyuwa02:

If you are granted admissions at any CAnadian college or university and you accept it, it goes into a government database (IRCC) and CIC can vividly see all your admissions if you apply for visa. I am looking at a GCMS now where CIC listed all colleges/universities an applicant was accepted into. And he didn’t even divulge this information to them. So be careful what you fill out in application so it doesn’t undermine what you stated elsewhere as your qualifications.

That said, no your stating MSC as your highest qualification in your visiting visa would not undermine your student visa application. There is no rules that one with MSC cannot go for PGD. In fact it happens often. PGD is geared towards vocational training and often used by employers as a way of training their workers whatever their previous academic qualifications are.

The only problem I can see with your application is justifying why as a masters degree student, why you are going for PGD. It is a Herculean task with the VOs in Nigeria. I would rather you apply for a PHD if you have good grades in your masters studies. I know a person who with a Masters applied for PGD. He was rejected based on purpose of visit. He turned around and applied for a PHD then reapplied for the visa all things equal. He was granted. That’s a clue for you. A word they say is enough for the wise.

Thank you for the heads up. I have not done my biometric, so am thinking i should change my qualification to BSc instead of MSc, so as not to jeopardize my future applications. So do you think that's wise.
I applied to the school using my Bsc certificate
Thanks for always been dia
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:24pm On Apr 10, 2018
omisyk:

Thank you for the heads up. I have not done my biometric, so am thinking i should change my qualification to BSc instead of MSc, so as not to undermine my future applications. So do you think that's wise.
Thanks for always been dia

Not wise! Especially given you have already indicated a masters degree in a previous application for visiting visa. Say the truth and the truth shall set you free. Do the hard work and Apply for a PHD. You stand very little chance with a PGD.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:31pm On Apr 10, 2018
jaybaby2017:
Good Afternoon House, Please I applied for Visitors visa to canada online on the 21st of march. I only received confirmation of submitted application and receipt of payment. The next day I was sent a mail in my yahoo that I have a mail on the site. I checked, there was no mail for me but my kids application had a second mail stating that they do not need biometrics. I have being waiting for my biometrics mail to no avail.
Please Guru's, how do I tackle this issue? Should I write them? and if yes...which address? Thanks for your prompt response.

Without further to do, please email CIC in Accra:

accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 4:32pm On Apr 10, 2018
jnyuwa02:

You are better off applying by yourself first. Use your husband and children and business left behind as a tie. When you are in Canada, petition for him and the kids for a SOWP. Applying for visiting visa is hard to get upfront for spouse and kids except you have a lot of travel history. So SOWP is your best bet. Your husband can return to Nigeria with the SOWP and apply for a visiting visa to revisit you. Returning to Nigeria after been granted SOWP will make it earsier to obtain visiting visa. That my take except you really want them all to go with you right now. That’s the reasonable strategy to undertake. Yes you can submit police report and upfront medicals if you want. Police report however, is not necessary for minors.

Hi, thanks for your response, i appreciate it. Yes, i have a lot of travel history, including visiting Canada itself, I also have a valid visa. My husband also has a lot of travel history but has not visited Canada. Our business makes us travel outside Nigeria alot. SouthAfrica, US, Switzerland, Ghana, Kenya, China, all on business trips.

We have actually given it a lot of thought and think its better to apply as a family so that He can come and visit anytime.

My major question is whether he also needs to do medicals and Police report?

Thanks.

goingforward
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:41pm On Apr 10, 2018
goingforward:

Hi, thanks for your response, i appreciate it. Yes, i have a lot of travel history, including visiting Canada itself, I also have a valid visa. My husband also has a lot of travel history but has not visited Canada. Our business makes us travel outside Nigeria alot. SouthAfrica, US, Switzerland, Ghana, Kenya, China, all on business trips.

We have actually given it a lot of thought and think its better to apply as a family so that He can come and visit anytime.

My major question is whether he also needs to do medicals and Police report?

Thanks.

goingforward

Sounds like you have a lot of travel history and should all be good applying together for a visitor’s visa along with your student visa. Yes your husband and children all have to do medicals. Your husband needs a police report too. The children need a police report only if they are above 18 years of age.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chibertha(f): 4:48pm On Apr 10, 2018
I dont know lagos state very well from the little i know just Find your way to CMS or obalnde then take bus going to VI or Ajah stop at Law school it is very close to there or take a cab from there.
I am used to the Island

omisyk:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 4:57pm On Apr 10, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Sounds like you have a lot of travel history and should all be good applying together for a visitor’s visa along with your student visa. Yes your husband and children all have to do medicals. Your husband needs a police report too. The children need a police report only if they are above 18 years of age.

Thanks for your response. We would get it right away.

One more thing i saw two types of forms, which do i fill. I am a bit confused on the particular one.

Please see attached and help advise on which form to fill.

Goingforward

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chibertha(f): 5:05pm On Apr 10, 2018
Dear all,
My friend who is about to apply for visa too tried severely to get a master's degree or post graduate diploma admission but did not get any due to low bachelor's degree CGPA in all the not for refusal sent that was the reason stated. One of the schools advice to go and do another 1st degree to increase CGPA and improve chances. But he now got an academic advance diploma course which is 1 year and very relivant to present job role. His company has agreed to sponsor since it will add value to it's profile.
He said they will give him the following documents
1) bond letter to ensure he returns which states he must return and work 2 years before he can leave them with some many conditions.
2) Introductory letter stating they will pay all fees air ticket monthly upkeep and accommodation
3) A percentage of salary will be paid through the training
4) with other documents

I can't remember all right now

The question is does he stand a chance of getting a study permit.

He is a family friend started it because he saw my admission for masters and my husband's for PhD.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chibertha(f): 5:07pm On Apr 10, 2018
I saw same but I will play safe and fill all when I get to VFS they will chose if all is not needed.

goingforward:

Thanks for your response. We would get it right away.

One more thing i saw two types of forms, which do i fill. I am a bit confused on the particular one.

Please see attached and help advise on which form to fill.

Goingforward

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 5:07pm On Apr 10, 2018
Testimony !!!!

Good evening all. On behalf of my sister's friend. I share this testimony.

UG Univeristy Bacbcock uni
GPA 4.1/5 Acconting
She applied to uni of Windsor June 2017.
Got acceptance letter Sept 2017
Course MSC management and int'l Accounting

Sponsor her Mum
TRV Processing started 8th February.
Medical call April 2.
TRV approved this evening 10th April.

Shes has been a silent reader..

By God's grace TRV fall on us all.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 5:10pm On Apr 10, 2018
I went to submit my paper application today and I learned these the hard way: 1. You need to make three colour copies of your passport data page. 2. That section of form Imm 1294 that needs employment information for ten years, even if you were not employed, provide employment situation for ten years 3. Don't go to vfs with a bag containing valuable items, bags are not allowed in.
I went back with my application and bag containing laptop and tab.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by omisyk(m): 5:28pm On Apr 10, 2018
Prudento:
I went to submit my paper application today and I learned these the hard way: 1. You need to make three colour copies of your passport data page. 2. That section of form Imm 1294 that needs employment information for ten years, even if you were not employed, provide employment situation for ten years 3. Don't go to vfs with a bag containing valuable items, bags are not allowed in.
I went back with my application and bag containing laptop and tab.

Please how do i get to visa office from ogba, ikeja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Omoarukheo(f): 5:32pm On Apr 10, 2018
[quote author=Asapant post=66594286]Testimony !!!!

Good evening all. On behalf of my sister's friend. I share this testimony.

UG Univeristy Bacbcock uni
GPA 4.1/5 Acconting
She applied to uni of Windsor June 2017.
Got acceptance letter Sept 2017
Course MSC management and int'l Accounting

Congratulations to her!! I’m going to the same school and for the same program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sweetmb4real200: 5:33pm On Apr 10, 2018
Phocusjosh:
It means there is no update yet after one month of application. I believed you applied online and you're updated monthly of the status of your application.

Good day,

I am a newbie intending to apply, please which is the best, paper route or online route application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AyoPrudence(m): 5:48pm On Apr 10, 2018
sweetmb4real200:

Good day,

I am a newbie intending to apply, please which is the best, paper route or online route application?

BREAK DOWN BETWEEN ONLINE ROUTE AND PAPER ROUTE

1-)The online route no one will correct your mistakes like it is done on paper route where VFS workers will make sure your papers are complete and are arranged accordingly before submission.

2-) If you have scanners and a desktop/system close by, online route is okay. But mind u, u need to compress your documents before you upload them and you will need to complete payment with your credit card, but the paper route you are to pay at the counter.

3-)The online route, after submission you will get notification a day or 2 days depending at times 1week to proceed for your biometrics. While the paper route, you will complete everything that very day at the VFS office, then wait for the outcome of your application.

4-) Finally, Online route is more expensive (68K-70K) compared to paper route (55-57K)

So it's left for you to decide which best suit you. But be guided that none of them has added advantage to your TRV application.

Cc: Frankrobbn1.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 5:53pm On Apr 10, 2018
U too much boss.. TRV fall on you.. Already gotten admission to uWind ? ?? [quote author=Omoarukheo post=66594934][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 5:59pm On Apr 10, 2018
Board a bus going to Lekki-Ajah from Oshodi/Ojota/CMS/Obalende. Alight at Ikate roundabout. It is the 3rd roundabout if you start counting from the Tollgate. After alighting from the bus, cross carefully to the GTB decorated gate and enter the Ikate road. Look for a building called Manor House, it is on the left of the street.
omisyk:

Please how do i get to visa office from ogba, ikeja

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sweetmb4real200: 6:07pm On Apr 10, 2018
AyoPrudence:

BREAK DOWN BETWEEN ONLINE ROUTE AND PAPER ROUTE

1-)The online route no one will correct your mistakes like it is done on paper route where VFS workers will make sure your papers are complete and are arranged accordingly before submission.

2-) If you have scanners and a desktop/system close by, online route is okay. But mind u, u need to compress your documents before you upload them and you will need to complete payment with your credit card, but the paper route you are to pay at the counter.

3-)The online route, after submission you will get notification a day or 2 days depending at times 1week to proceed for your biometrics. While the paper route, you will complete everything that very day at the VFS office, then wait for the outcome of your application.

4-) Finally, Online route is more expensive (68K-70K) compared to paper route (55-57K)

So it's left for you to decide which best suit you. But be guided that none of them has added advantage to your TRV application.

Cc: Frankrobbn1.

Thank you and God bless you for this. Please is it still possible to apply for fall 2018, I will be glad if you can state some schools still accepting applications, i have searched tirelessly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HerMoney: 6:22pm On Apr 10, 2018
chkb:
Is there anyone for to centennial college fall (sept)session

Yes here! PM me let's chat.

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.