Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,357 members, 7,853,591 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:42 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (803290 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 6:22am On Apr 11, 2018
harde116:
ATTENTION! ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!!!

Hello everyone.

It's been really helpful on this platform but i appear to be really confused. I just started my application today after i got the letter of acceptance from my school and i paid the first deposit already.

However, i don't seem to see all the things you guys talk about here on my documents checklist. Not even SOP, the many other forms people mention here or any other document. I still have a valid canadian visa and i just returned last month. Could this be the reason for the exemptions?

MY DOCUMENTS CHECKLIST

*Application for study permit made outside of Canada (IMM1294)
*Letter of Acceptance
*Passport
*Proof of means of financial support
*Digital photo
*Family information (IMM5645)
*APplication for a temporary resident visa from outside canada (IMM5257)
*Client information

And of course, the fees.

COULD THESE BE EVERYTHING?

I applied for my visiting visa myself and i uploaded only the documents they required on my checklist.

Please guide me, i hope i'm not on the wrong page, or is this what everyone is seeing?

What forms are they talking about that you didn’t see? There is a little question mark Icon on each of the things stated on profile of things to upload. If you click that question mark Icon, it tells you the list of documents to upload there. SOP is not specified on the profile and should be uploaded with additional documents in the client information area. There are no exemptions based on having a valid Canadian visiting visa. You will have to qualify for a student visa based on a different scale of merit and requirements. I have seen someone with valid Canadian visiting visa denied a student visa, so approach it with the uttermost care.

Ps: I will log on to the profile later when I have time and answer all these questions about forms. Seems to be that all these things should be self explanatory.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chibertha(f): 6:38am On Apr 11, 2018
What if it's a company that has training as one of its core values for its staff and had mentioned it in the appointment letter given at time of recruitment.
Do they still need letter of sole signatory from any board member.

Frankrobbn1:

Quote me anywhere! I stand yes!!! and I'm 100% certain that Canadian embassy don't regard Company bank statement as primary proof of funds to applicant for a study visa. Reasons because in each company there are board of directors that foresee the affairs of the company and the visa officer knows that sponsoring applicant from company's account will require you consulting the shareholders of the company, of which they know that the shareholders also have some share from the business finance, with their dependants to cater for.

" I have seen applicants that submitted their application with 150M company bank statements and got refused for insufficient funds. But in their second attempt they changed it to their sponsor personal bank statement and got approved. As I said earlier, you can use company bank statement but make sure you add it up with sponsor personal statement to evident proof of his/her financial establishment.

Note: Applicant that chooses to use only company bank statements for the visa application must provide proof that their sponsor is the sole signatory to the account before such application will scale through and the shareholders of the company won't be a hindrance to this . If not its an automatic refusal for insufficient funds.

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 11, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Long story short, the first option is by far the best! I won’t get into the minutia again, he should choose that!! Everyone that commented obviously sees that differences between both are like night and day!! Schools that don’t require supervisors have a liberal policy. One might stand to gain admission and other benefits there as a result of such liberalism than ones with stipulations that one obtain a supervisor first and then they have no funding. Shhh!!

You've been noticed. Now go and play with kids like you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 7:17am On Apr 11, 2018
chibertha:
What if it's a company that has training as one of its core values for its staff and had mentioned it in the appointment letter given at time of recruitment.
Do they still need letter of sole signatory from any board member.

Good question. As I have all along maintained, the presentation of company bank statement is not a categorical denial of one’s visa application. And depending on an individual’s circumstances, presentation of a company’s bank account as the primary proof of support is actually be the right thing to do. Not all cases are the same. If you sponsored or been trained by your company, showing company bank account is the right thing to do and who is signatory to the account redundant and not necessary. CIC would only need to determine the reputation of the company and why they are expending so much money on you, in reaching their decision concerning your eligibility.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 7:36am On Apr 11, 2018
harde116:

Hello everyone.

It's been really helpful on this platform but i appear to be really confused. I just started my application today after i got the letter of acceptance from my school and i paid the first deposit already.

However, i don't seem to see all the things you guys talk about here on my documents checklist. Not even SOP, the many other forms people mention here or any other document. I still have a valid canadian visa and i just returned last month. Could this be the reason for the exemptions?

MY DOCUMENTS CHECKLIST

*Letter of Acceptance
*Passport
*Digital photo
*Client information

And of course, the fees.

I applied for my visiting visa myself and i uploaded only the documents they required on my checklist.

Please guide me, i hope i'm not on the wrong page, or is this what everyone is seeing?

Your document checklist is the same as mine and everyone else's. There is no problem here. Upload SOP, Police Clearance and other additional documents in the "Client Information" field.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jaybaby2017: 8:01am On Apr 11, 2018
Thanks for your advice

jnyuwa02:

Without further to do, please email CIC in Accra:

accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by seglius(m): 8:37am On Apr 11, 2018
justwise:
This is part 14

Part 13 here for reference purposes https://www.nairaland.com/3948393/canadian-student-visa-thread-part

Visit Canadian embassy website here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.asp for more information and updates

Good luck to all TRV hopefuls and to many of you here helping out with answers and words of encouragement a massive thank you to everyone of you, your efforts here contribute to the success of this thread.

Sir,
I am writing with the sad mind and anticipation for your guidance on my application to Canada. this is my second time of denial which states as follow:
my first denial was based on the course I choose to study, that it wasn't in light with my previous course, my precious course was chemical engineering while the chosen course was international development. I contacted the school and they changed the course for me to biotechnology, then I reapplied.
my second denial was based as attached the document sir. pls, help me out. because I am planning to reapply for the third time. pls help me.
I will like to talk to you verbally for better comprehension.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 8:41am On Apr 11, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Josh1996: 8:56am On Apr 11, 2018
THANK you

Slik07:

Write about your research area and mention professors that have similar or the same research interest like you.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Paragon90: 8:57am On Apr 11, 2018
Please fellow nairalanderers can a seal be used for sponsorship letter in lieu of high curt signature
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 9:19am On Apr 11, 2018
Martswoll:
Hello guys , I’ve been following every post concerning study permit , I applied on the 28th of February Online Route, as I read through the recent thread this year , I see people getting medical calls or TRV approvals , within or a little above CIC new 6 weeks processing time for Nigerian applicants . I haven’t got a medical mail since then and school will be resuming soon , I finished my first degree in North Cyprus last year October 20th (after graduating) and I have four years resident permit there , then a three days transit visa to Turkey , I just visited though and went back to Cyprus , Also a 10 days tourist visa to the Republic of Georgia, does this aid my travel history ?

However my school (TRU) starts on May 7th , PGD BUSINESS ADMIN and they’ve already sent me a mail concerning deferment on or before this Saturday (15 April).

Please house advice me as I am getting nervous, this is the screenshot of my application status with CIC.

P.S . Read in CIC website that if you haven’t stayed up to 6 months in countries that need medicals , you might not be asked to do medical, Residents of Cyprus are not required to do medical, does this in anyway have anything to do with me .

Please I may sound inorderly, it my first time posting here .

Thanks anticipating a reply from you gurus .
Shalom !!

To be approved, everyone needs to do a medical examination. If they want to approve you, they must call you for one if you haven’t taken one already. Nobody is exempted from medicals. Looking at your application screen shot, your background check has not completed. Once completed, it will go to eligibility determination and then you may be called for medicals if determined that you qualify. Given the recent processing time, give it another 2-3 weeks. You might still make the May 7deadline, if not ask School to defer it for you till the fall. Explain to them you are waiting for your visa and need the deferment date of April 15 extended for you due to extenuating circumstances you are facing. Tell them you might still be able to make it May 7 if visa decision comes out before then, but if not, you may need deferment and their deferment deadline extended in your situation. Best wishes!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ToseroRock(f): 9:26am On Apr 11, 2018
good morning

please someone urgently and kindly advise the way forward

i applied to U and R and paid online using my card which was successful, i even got notification to do the next thing which is forward my documents to them

i forwarded those documents and i noticed that different people from that intl dept keep asking for same docs over and over and each time am replying i always let them know i had forwarded this and then attach it again.

this morning another person replied they need same document again and they all copy the long mail with my student id when sending it.

still same thing on same trail of mail, i don't get

please what could this mean please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 10:02am On Apr 11, 2018
jnyuwa02:

It seems to me that you have too many questions and should visit VFS, instead of depending on every word you can get here as holy and sanctimonious. I don’t have the fees, they charge differently for adults and minors and have changed fees from when I applied. Yes data page for everyone you apply with. Different fees for adults and minors. People below 13 years of age don’t have to do biometrics, which is a significant savings for you. People 80 years and above too do not have to do biometrics. Payment is done at counter in cash I believe. Please go to this website and chat with a live VFS person right from the comforts of your home:
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/nigeria/how_to_apply.html

Thank you. I will contact VFS via chat ASAP!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chibertha(f): 10:11am On Apr 11, 2018
Ok I thought as much too.

jnyuwa02:

Good question. As I have all along maintained, the presentation of company bank statement is not a categorical denial of one’s visa application. And depending on an individual’s circumstances, presentation of a company’s bank account as the primary proof of support is actually be the right thing to do. Not all cases are the same. If you sponsored or been trained by your company, showing company bank account is the right thing to do and who is signatory to the account redundant and not necessary. CIC would only need to determine the reputation of the company and why they are expending so much money on you, in reaching their decision concerning your eligibility.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 10:27am On Apr 11, 2018
jnyuwa02:

To be approved, everyone needs to do a medical examination. If they want to approve you, they must call you for one if you haven’t taken one already. Nobody is exempted from medicals. Looking at your application screen shot, your background check has not completed. Once completed, it will go to eligibility determination and then you may be called for medicals if determined that you qualify. Given the recent processing time, give it another 2-3 weeks. You might still make the May 7deadline, if not ask School to defer it for you till the fall. Explain to them you are waiting for your visa and need the deferment date of April 15 extended for you due to extenuating circumstances you are facing. Tell them you might still be able to make it May 7 if visa decision comes out before then, but if not, you may need deferment and their deferment deadline extended in your situation. Best wishes!

Thank you very much brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 10:58am On Apr 11, 2018
ToseroRock:
good morning

please someone urgently and kindly advise the way forward

i applied to U and R and paid online using my card which was successful, i even got notification to do the next thing which is forward my documents to them

i forwarded those documents and i noticed that different people from that intl dept keep asking for same docs over and over and each time am replying i always let them know i had forwarded this and then attach it again.

this morning another person replied they need same document again and they all copy the long mail with my student id when sending it.

still same thing on same trail of mail, i don't get

please what could this mean please?

Too many cooks spoils the meal. I believe the right person to work with is the Coordinator in the Academic Unit you are applying for. If everything gets amorphous and bizarre and weird and you can’t lay your hands on the tangent, make a phone call to the academic department.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 11:16am On Apr 11, 2018
PLEASE HELP OUT OOOOOOOO!!!

harde116:

Hello everyone.

MY DOCUMENTS CHECKLIST

*Letter of Acceptance
*Passport
*Digital photo
*Client information

And of course, the fees.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 11:24am On Apr 11, 2018
Thank you very much. I thought all them SOP, police report etc were necessary documents that had their own tabs. Apparently, they "may" not be as necessary if i'm not making a mistake. However, they "may" only support your application.

I'll use that tab wisely. Thank you for your help.

jnyuwa02:

What forms are they talking about that you didn’t see? There is a little question mark Icon on each of the things stated on profile of things to upload. If you click that question mark Icon, it tells you the list of documents to upload there. SOP is not specified on the profile and should be uploaded with additional documents in the client information area. There are no exemptions based on having a valid Canadian visiting visa. You will have to qualify for a student visa based on a different scale of merit and requirements. I have seen someone with valid Canadian visiting visa denied a student visa, so approach it with the uttermost care.

Ps: I will log on to the profile later when I have time and answer all these questions about forms. Seems to be that all these things should be self explanatory.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 11:28am On Apr 11, 2018
Thank you very much. It seems this Police clearance is necessary i guess.

Please if you don't mind, can you help out with the list of these "additional documents".

Or they are not specific like the SOP and Police report?

kylexy61:

Your document checklist is the same as mine and everyone else's. There is no problem here. Upload SOP, Police Clearance and other additional documents in the "Client Information" field.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by valenti12(m): 11:38am On Apr 11, 2018
Hello Everyone

My friend got his Visa with humber college offer letter but he's now planning to enrol with Uottawa, hope there will be no implication. If asked about the school he will be attending, what does he answer, at entry point.
Anyone please advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:52am On Apr 11, 2018
harde116:
Thank you very much. I thought all them SOP, police report etc were necessary documents that had their own tabs. Apparently, they "may" not be as necessary if i'm not making a mistake. However, they "may" only support your application.

I'll use that tab wisely. Thank you for your help.

You are right on the money!! Very correct I mean!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sheriff88: 11:53am On Apr 11, 2018
Thanks chibertha
chibertha:
What i would do;
I will make them renew their vows at the registry.
Then apply with pictures from the first marriage and the new certificate and it's iv stating renewal of vows don't forget the pictures too.

My idea is funny I believe.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:06pm On Apr 11, 2018
valenti12:
Hello Everyone

My friend got his Visa with humber college offer letter but he's now planning to enrol with Uottawa, hope there will be no implication. If asked about the school he will be attending, what does he answer, at entry point.
Anyone please advise.

Your friend is good to go. He needs to carry only the introductory letter and proof of financial support at port of entry. He can change his school even before arrival or after arrival. Doesn't make a difference, whichever is good. The process is quite easy and only involves opening an account and enacting the change of school and program. Ask you fiend to follow these instructions:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools/account.html

if asked any question at port of entry for the reason of his change, he can say he changed his mind because he likes program better at Ottawa or Ottawa admission letter arrived late and that is why he initially applied for visa with Humber College admissions. Whichever is applicable to him.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by KlausMike(m): 12:24pm On Apr 11, 2018
Kinfinity007:
u did not submit a GRE OR GMAT Test score dats why!!

The programme I applied for does not require gmat or gre. It is an accelerated bachelor's in computer science for those with bsc in other fields but want a career change.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:25pm On Apr 11, 2018
harde116:
Thank you very much. It seems this Police clearance is necessary i guess.

Please if you don't mind, can you help out with the list of these "additional documents".

Or they are not specific like the SOP and Police report?

The additional documents are the SOP, police report and anything else you not listed that you want the visa office to know. The things listed are the primary things the visa office want to see, everything else is based on case by case basis. Many have gotten visa by submitting only the things listed. submit whatever you feel is needed to paint a clear picture of your situation, but stay from submitting stuff that is frivolous, car purchase receipt and insutance, family portrait, children's report cards, etc. smiley I think this can annoy a VO.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sheriff88: 12:37pm On Apr 11, 2018
DrND:

You can get an affidavit of declaration of marriage. I used that in lieu of my parents marriage certificate
Thanks DrND
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sheriff88: 12:39pm On Apr 11, 2018
jnyuwa02:

The documentation of your parent’s marriage is not an important factor in the visa application process. So an o ordinary declaration of marriage at any court should suffice.

Thanks always jnyuwa. All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HerMoney: 12:48pm On Apr 11, 2018
HerMoney:
Hey guys. Good evening to you all.

Someone asked a question about that form 5832E (Visa office Instructions & Study Permit Questionnaire) and was hoping someone could answer.

That form is 18 pages and I noticed it requires info (e.g employment history) also found on the IMM 1294 (application form).

Now, do we fill the entire 5832 or just the last pages (17 & 18) which is the study questionnaire section? I read on one of the old threads that it's just the last 2 pages that need to be filled. Is this reasonable?

Second, it also says on the form to provide birth certificates of siblings. Is this compulsory? I was happy that the new form 5707E (family information) excludes siblings questions but it seems we can't escape it with the 5832E.

Gurus please help us out!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 12:59pm On Apr 11, 2018
Please after I got a medical request from CIC last week, I completed the medicals at the hospital this monday, 9th April. But my portal still says "We have requested for a medical exam". I'm a bit concerned. Isn't it supposed to change to "We are reviewing your medicals" or something similar? Or does it simply change straight away to "You passed your medicals" after some few days?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 1:09pm On Apr 11, 2018
HerMoney:
Hey guys. Good evening to you all.

Someone asked a question about that form 5832E (Visa office Instructions & Study Permit Questionnaire) and was hoping someone could answer.

That form is 18 pages and I noticed it requires info (e.g employment history) also found on the IMM 1294 (application form).

Now, do we fill the entire 5832 or just the last pages (17 & 18) which is the study questionnaire section? I read on one of the old threads that it's just the last 2 pages that need to be filled. Is this reasonable?

Second, it also says on the form to provide birth certificates of siblings. Is this compulsory? I was happy that the new form 5707E (family information) excludes siblings questions but it seems we can't escape it with the 5832E.

Gurus please help us out!

You don’t give up, do you? You have regurgitated this question three times.

You have to fill out the form from page 17-18. This was the 2 paged form I was giving to fill in its entirety when I did paper route at VFS. I also understand that the newly introduced 5705E is exclusively to filings made paperoute at VFS now.

Birth certificate of siblings is not compulsory-only recommended. A lot of the information on that VFS LAgos pamphlet is simply outdated. I noticed it also said to submit only original documentssmiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 11, 2018
kylexy61:
Please after I got a medical request from CIC last week, I completed the medicals at the hospital this monday, 9th April. But my portal still says "We have requested for a medical exam". I'm a bit concerned. Isn't it supposed to change to "We are reviewing your medicals" or something similar? Or does it simply change straight away to "You passed your medicals" after some few days?

Hello Kylexy61,

Did you use Children's practice?
If yes, response to CIC is usually within 2-3 days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sogima(f): 1:37pm On Apr 11, 2018
kylexy61:

When did you submit your application

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.