Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,436 members, 7,853,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:00 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (803896 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HerMoney: 6:38pm On Apr 10, 2018
Hey guys. Good evening to you all.

Someone asked a question about that form 5832E (Visa office Instructions & Study Permit Questionnaire) and was hoping someone could answer.

That form is 18 pages and I noticed it requires info (e.g employment history) also found on the IMM 1294 (application form).

Now, do we fill the entire 5832 or just the last pages (17 & 18) which is the study questionnaire section? I read on one of the old threads that it's just the last 2 pages that need to be filled. Is this reasonable?

Second, it also says on the form to provide birth certificates of siblings. Is this compulsory? I was happy that the new form 5707E (family information) excludes siblings questions but it seems we can't escape it with the 5832E.

Gurus please help us out!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 6:46pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ij
AyoPrudence:

BREAK DOWN BETWEEN ONLINE ROUTE AND PAPER ROUTE

1-)The online route no one will correct your mistakes like it is done on paper route where VFS workers will make sure your papers are complete and are arranged accordingly before submission.

2-) If you have scanners and a desktop/system close by, online route is okay. But mind u, u need to compress your documents before you upload them and you will need to complete payment with your credit card, but the paper route you are to pay at the counter.

3-)The online route, after submission you will get notification a day or 2 days depending at times 1week to proceed for your biometrics. While the paper route, you will complete everything that very day at the VFS office, then wait for the outcome of your application.

4-) Finally, Online route is more expensive (68K-70K) compared to paper route (55-57K)

So it's left for you to decide which best suit you. But be guided that none of them has added advantage to your TRV application.

Cc: Frankrobbn1.

In addition, prepare to spend the whole day at the VFS for paper route. Get there before 8am and by the time, U may be number 90s but you will do it. Although u may leave VFS office by 6 or 7pm. Get your form filled correctly if you don't want the Vfs staff to reject your application and u will have to come back the next day after spending the whole day there already.
Just tell the driver you are going to Ikate. Don't look for the third round about as they have have remove that third round about. Don't be misled by this round about

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by KlausMike(m): 6:54pm On Apr 10, 2018
Good evening house!

Anyone still awaiting response from UBC? I applied since September last year but yet to get any response. The deadline for application was March.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Josh1996: 7:13pm On Apr 10, 2018
GOOD EVENING BOSSES, SORRY AM ASKING TOO MANY QUESTIONS. FOR A SCHOOL THAT DOESN'T REQUIRE A SUPERVISOR PRIOR TO APPLICATION, HOW DO I WRITE THEIR STATEMENT OF INTEREST, DO I STILL RESEARCH A PROFESSOR OF MY CHOICE AND TALK ABOUT MY INTEREST IN THE PROF'S RESEARCH IN THE STATEMENT OF INTEREST

THANKS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 7:38pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ratawu:
Ij

In addition, prepare to spend the whole day at the VFS for paper route. Get there before 8am and by the time, U may be number 90s but you will do it. Although u may leave VFS office by 6 or 7pm. Get your form filled correctly if you don't want the Vfs staff to reject your application and u will have to come back the next day after spending the whole day there already.
Just tell the driver you are going to Ikate. Don't look for the third round about as they have have remove that third round about. Don't be misled by this round about

Please do you have to tick the Documents checklist, or it will be ticked as they check your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kaedot: 7:51pm On Apr 10, 2018
[quote author=Kaedot post=66587146][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jimmychuks2018: 8:00pm On Apr 10, 2018
From obalende or CMS the person will get bus going to lekki Ajah stop at Ikate that's 3rd roundabout then cross the road and walk straight vfs is by the left.
chibertha:
I dont know lagos state very well from the little i know just Find your way to CMS or obalnde then take bus going to VI or Ajah stop at Law school it is very close to there or take a cab from there.
I am used to the Island

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by royalzee: 8:05pm On Apr 10, 2018
Pls I want to find out who has made use of Flywire platform of recent to make payment. I just tried using it for Pre-admission Deposit payment in Canada dollars and chose Payment option "Debit/Credit Card NGN", but transaction was not successful.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Aghatise: 8:41pm On Apr 10, 2018
MUN guys ... any update on admission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sogima(f): 9:07pm On Apr 10, 2018
Asapant:
Testimony !!!!

Good evening all. On behalf of my sister's friend. I share this testimony.

UG Univeristy Bacbcock uni
GPA 4.1/5 Acconting
She applied to uni of Windsor June 2017.
Got acceptance letter Sept 2017
Course MSC management and int'l Accounting

Sponsor her Mum
TRV Processing started 8th February.
Medical call April 2.
TRV approved this evening 10th April.

Shes has been a silent reader..

By God's grace TRV fall on us all.

Congratulations. Was her application online or paper based. What semester is she resuming
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 9:20pm On Apr 10, 2018
Prudento:

Please do you have to tick the Documents checklist, or it will be ticked as they check your application?

Just tick it yourself

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 9:38pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ratawu:

Just tick it yourself

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 9:39pm On Apr 10, 2018
Thanks baba.. Online route, she's resuming Fall
sogima:

Congratulations. Was her application online or paper based. What semester is she resuming
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 9:39pm On Apr 10, 2018
HerMoney:
Hey guys. Good evening to you all.

Someone asked a question about that form 5832E (Visa office Instructions & Study Permit Questionnaire) and was hoping someone could answer.

That form is 18 pages and I noticed it requires info (e.g employment history) also found on the IMM 1294 (application form).

Now, do we fill the entire 5832 or just the last pages (17 & 18) which is the study questionnaire section? I read on one of the old threads that it's just the last 2 pages that need to be filled. Is this reasonable?

Second, it also says on the form to provide birth certificates of siblings. Is this compulsory? I was happy that the new form 5707E (family information) excludes siblings questions but it seems we can't escape it with the 5832E.

Gurus please help us out!

I asked the same question.
I am still waiting for a reply! Can someone please help us clarify this.

Thank you greatest Nairalanders!

goingforward
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by QUEENBIZ: 9:43pm On Apr 10, 2018
Jewel80:

Hmm..you want to pay full tuition..ha! I advice you pay the deposit or just for a semester if you are willing

Attached is the screenshot of d mail I got from Uof A about the refund. So it’s just the deposit that’s not refundable.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 9:48pm On Apr 10, 2018
Prudento:
I went to submit my paper application today and I learned these the hard way: 1. You need to make three colour copies of your passport data page. 2. That section of form Imm 1294 that needs employment information for ten years, even if you were not employed, provide employment situation for ten years 3. Don't go to vfs with a bag containing valuable items, bags are not allowed in.
I went back with my application and bag containing laptop and tab.

Hi,
Thanks for your information, I find this very helpful because I am also applying via the paper route. Please advise, about the passport data page, do I need to do for only myself or my whole family? in my case, i am applying for myself (study permit) and Visit for my husband and two kids).

Also for the paper application, Is payment done at the counter? Do I go with cash or a card?

How much for each person plus biometric. (2 adults and 2 minor kids)

Do my kids aged 5 & 6 require biometrics too, do I need to pay for biometrics for them as well?

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

smiley

Goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 10:05pm On Apr 10, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Quote me anywhere! I stand yes!!! and I'm 100% certain that Canadian embassy don't regard Company bank statement as primary proof of funds to applicant for a study visa. Reasons because in each company there are board of directors that foresee the affairs of the company and the visa officer knows that sponsoring applicant from company's account will require you consulting the shareholders of the company, of which they know that the shareholders also have some share from the business finance, with their dependants to cater for.

" I have seen applicants that submitted their application with 150M company bank statements and got refused for insufficient funds. But in their second attempt they changed it to their sponsor personal bank statement and got approved. As I said earlier, you can use company bank statement but make sure you add it up with sponsor personal statement to evident proof of his/her financial establishment.

Note: Applicant that chooses to use only company bank statements for the visa application must provide proof that their sponsor is the sole signatory to the account before such application will scale through and the shareholders of the company won't be a hindrance to this . If not its an automatic refusal for insufficient funds.

Thank you!

Hi,
Thanks for your clarification. What is its a situation whereby, the person going for the program is a signatory to the account? Does this carry weight? The business is fully functional and will still run even when the person is away on a study permit.

Please advise.
Thanks
goingforward
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 10, 2018
Aghatise:
MUN guys ... any update on admission?

If you applied to the faculty of engineering and haven't received any feedback, you may as well be expecting an acceptance mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 10:22pm On Apr 10, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

AyoPrudence,

NO! Online applicants are not suppose to fill the IMM 5832E Checklist, as the documents checklist has already been raised for them, this form is meant for paper route applicants.

Hello,
Are paper applicants also to fill the 5483E as well as the 5832E undecided

Its a bit confusing!!!

Please Helppppppppppppp!

goingforward!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 10:35pm On Apr 10, 2018
Good day gurus in the house,

Please if am reapplying will I need to do another biometric again

Expecting your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 10:51pm On Apr 10, 2018
Yes, you need to.
Biakwa:

Expecting your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kinfinity007: 11:02pm On Apr 10, 2018
KlausMike:
Good evening house!

Anyone still awaiting response from UBC? I applied since September last year but yet to get any response. The deadline for application was March.
u did not submit a GRE OR GMAT Test score dats why!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 10, 2018
Josh1996:
GOOD EVENING BOSSES, SORRY AM ASKING TOO MANY QUESTIONS. FOR A SCHOOL THAT DOESN'T REQUIRE A SUPERVISOR PRIOR TO APPLICATION, HOW DO I WRITE THEIR STATEMENT OF INTEREST, DO I STILL RESEARCH A PROFESSOR OF MY CHOICE AND TALK ABOUT MY INTEREST IN THE PROF'S RESEARCH IN THE STATEMENT OF INTEREST

THANKS

Write about your research area and mention professors that have similar or the same research interest like you.

Best of luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by nelronaldo(m): 11:36pm On Apr 10, 2018
Please has anyone done an interview with a Canadian school before? what kind of questions should one expect? what is the best way to prepare and ace the interview?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 11:53pm On Apr 10, 2018
I have. i used the card option though and my VISA card has always worked fine. It takes about 5-7days before your money reflects in the account though.

royalzee:
Pls I want to find out who has made use of Flywire platform of recent to make payment. I just tried using it for Pre-admission Deposit payment in Canada dollars and chose Payment option "Debit/Credit Card NGN", but transaction was not successful.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 12:12am On Apr 11, 2018
ATTENTION! ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!!!

Hello everyone.

It's been really helpful on this platform but i appear to be really confused. I just started my application today after i got the letter of acceptance from my school and i paid the first deposit already.

However, i don't seem to see all the things you guys talk about here on my documents checklist. Not even SOP, the many other forms people mention here or any other document. I still have a valid canadian visa and i just returned last month. Could this be the reason for the exemptions?

MY DOCUMENTS CHECKLIST

*Application for study permit made outside of Canada (IMM1294)
*Letter of Acceptance
*Passport
*Proof of means of financial support
*Digital photo
*Family information (IMM5645)
*APplication for a temporary resident visa from outside canada (IMM5257)
*Client information

And of course, the fees.

COULD THESE BE EVERYTHING?

I applied for my visiting visa myself and i uploaded only the documents they required on my checklist.

Please guide me, i hope i'm not on the wrong page, or is this what everyone is seeing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 12:18am On Apr 11, 2018
Yes i have. I guess the regular...

Why do you want to do the program?

Are you ready for the total expenses?

How relevant is it to what you do currently?

Why the school?

Depending on the level of study, they may ask where you'd like to major in, be sure and have your reasons.

Be sure to have your own questions too. I don't know your field, i could have shared more info.

All the best.

nelronaldo:
Please has anyone done an interview with a Canadian school before? what kind of questions should one expect? what is the best way to prepare and ace the interview?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Aghatise: 4:33am On Apr 11, 2018
Thanks bro ; fingers crossed - applied for PhD Ocean Engineering and still waiting . Have u heard from them too , which did you apply to?

123abcclown:

If you applied to the faculty of engineering and haven't received any feedback, you may as well be expecting an acceptance mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:03am On Apr 11, 2018
Josh1996:

THANKS

Don’t research any professor, just follow instructions and write your statement of interest and yoy would be assigned a professor based on the interest. This worked for me, I started my statement of intent by telling a story about growing up in Nigeria and how my experiences were the catalyst for what I wanted to do in life—study and work in healthcare to bring reform to vulnerable and poor people in my country. I was assigned to a professor who does research in healthcare reform in African countries. Prior to that happening, I didn’t know this professor and what he did. Let your passion and interest leap out of the pages of your statement, it will drive you to the right professor, don’t go around parroting somebody’s interests and work and trying to pass it as your own interest. Good luck!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:18am On Apr 11, 2018
Biakwa:

Expecting your response

Yes you have to. It’s a way VFS/CIC uses to generate profit smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:25am On Apr 11, 2018
goingforward:

Hi,
Thanks for your information, I find this very helpful because I am also applying via the paper route. Please advise, about the passport data page, do I need to do for only myself or my whole family? in my case, i am applying for myself (study permit) and Visit for my husband and two kids).

Also for the paper application, Is payment done at the counter? Do I go with cash or a card?

How much for each person plus biometric. (2 adults and 2 minor kids)

Do my kids aged 5 & 6 require biometrics too, do I need to pay for biometrics for them as well?

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

smiley

Goingforward.

It seems to me that you have too many questions and should visit VFS, instead of depending on every word you can get here as holy and sanctimonious. I don’t have the fees, they charge differently for adults and minors and have changed fees from when I applied. Yes data page for everyone you apply with. Different fees for adults and minors. People below 13 years of age don’t have to do biometrics, which is a significant savings for you. People 80 years and above too do not have to do biometrics. Payment is done at counter in cash I believe. Please go to this website and chat with a live VFS person right from the comforts of your home:
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/nigeria/how_to_apply.html
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by nogara: 6:21am On Apr 11, 2018
Hello house, you guys are doing explicitly great jobs here. I would like to know if their are any uni of Ottawa hopefuls in thw house. My application has been under evaluation for a month now and yet no response. I am gunning for fall admission.

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.