Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (784403 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2018
brainiac007:
Hi.

Please, I'll like to know if I can apply for Express entry into Canada and also pursue academic route i.e. student visa, simultaneously. Thanks

I will advice you wait after the completion of your student visa process before applying for the EXpress Entry. One person was denied student visa with VO citing EXpress Entry as intention to immigrate to Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Brendaugo20: 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2018
Hello everyone,
I got rejected for the second time, the first was based of insufficient fund. The second one is
1: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection216(1) based on your purpose of stay.
2: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as stipulated in subsection 216(1) based on your personal assets and financial status.
Can someone explain
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2018
Aghatise:
Thanks . kindly help me clarify this; since I am applying with the family do I have to apply for SOWP for my wife and TRV for the kids (minor)?

Apply for student permit for yourself, TRV for your kids and SOWP for your wife. Your wife cant use visiting visa to secure professional employment. I stand to be corrected.

There is another thread here on nairaland for SOWP. You can migrate there and read more about SOWP.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 23, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

My Chief Slik07, you guys are doing a wonderful job here. Keep up with the good works.

Thanks bro. We can only help in every way we can.
Welcome back.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 4:19pm On Apr 23, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Background check completed!!

Then I guess I have a long way to go. Mine says "Not Applicable", even though I have already received (and passed) a medical request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:25pm On Apr 23, 2018
kylexy61:

Then I guess I have a long way to go. Mine says "Not Applicable", even though I have already received (and passed) a medical request.

They are checking on something about you. Background check will change to “processing” again and at that point, you will receive a decision within two to three weeks. Normally the sequence starts with background check pending, then it goes to processing, then not applicable, then processing again, then completed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chibertha(f): 4:59pm On Apr 23, 2018
You might want to check www.universitystudy.ca
For schools, narrow down to your area of interest and start contacting all of them.
Kemsure30:
Good evening House
Pls I need to find out something’s and this is like the 5th time am asking without no help
Please I studied English education n graduated 2012
Since 2012 I opened my own female clothing store and hv been to 10 different countries including Canada to buy things that I sell in the shop
The problem I hv is that I graduated with a 3rd class and getting admission is really hard
Secondly I want to go for a fashion and arts business program or international business management program
Pls does this go with what am doing presently
Pls what schools offers admission with 3rd class certificate .house pls help me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:08pm On Apr 23, 2018
Slik07:

Apply for student permit for yourself, TRV for your kids and SOWP for your wife. Your wife cant use visiting visa to secure professional employment. I stand to be corrected.

There is another thread here on nairaland for SOWP. You can migrate there and read more about SOWP.

Best of luck.

His wife can travel to Canada on a visiting visa. She can convert that to an SOWP when she reaches Canada and interested in working professionally. She can start an application online and the card will arrive in the mail. I always advice spouse to apply for SOWP than a visiting visa as it is easier to qualify for SOWP than visiting visa. Visiting visa the wife has to show strong ties to home country and with husband in Canada, that can be a challenge.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 5:54pm On Apr 23, 2018
Sorry bro!. Kindly share your profile, and let the guru(s) in the house advise you accordingly. Don't give up; there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Brendaugo20:
Hello everyone,
I got rejected for the second time, the first was based of insufficient fund. The second one is
1: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection216(1) based on your purpose of stay.
2: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as stipulated in subsection 216(1) based on your personal assets and financial status.
Can someone explain
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Boss20: 5:55pm On Apr 23, 2018
ayoslas88:
I just submitted my paper application for trv. Hope to here Gud response

Planning to submit this week, please which of the family form did you submit so I can know which to fill.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by philoxy4: 7:15pm On Apr 23, 2018
Good evening all,trust our day went well.pls can anyone confirm if vaccination is required to enter canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayeopare(m): 7:23pm On Apr 23, 2018
Not at all.
philoxy4:
Good evening all,trust our day went well.pls can anyone confirm if vaccination is required to enter canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by philoxy4: 7:31pm On Apr 23, 2018
ayeopare:
Not at all.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HMPD: 7:37pm On Apr 23, 2018
Slik07:

Thank you, Sir.

A sound SOP must be well paragraphed and each must serve a purpose. It must contain the following:

Brief introduction of yourself, your academic background and work experience.

Your intending program, school, start date and duration.

Reasons for choosing the program. Reasons for choosing the school. Reasons for choosing Canada instead of doing the program in Nigeria. How will the program benefit you? Narrow the benefits to economic, academic or career.

Is your undergrad degree related to the intending program or your work experience? This must be addressed.

What are your goals? Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

Have your traveled out of Nigeria before? If no, why?

How do you intend to finance your studies in Canada? Scholarship? Self-sponsor? This must be stated with proof (SOA or sponsorship letter) shown.

Make a checklist of all the documents you're submitting with your application.

A well written SOP addresses all the denial reasons: purpose of visit, travel history, insufficient fund, home tie, asset & current employment situation etc.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by xzile: 7:51pm On Apr 23, 2018
Good evening house
I appreciate the love in this forum.
Please i am ready for submission but just encountered certain problems. First my sponsor is a business man but he have no tax clearance certificate for his company.
2ndly, he had emergency and traveled out today so it wasn't convenient for him to transfer my living expenses to my account.
PLEASE HOUSE I WANT TO KNOW IF THESE TWO REASONS WILL POSE ANY THREAT, HAVE ANYBODY IN THE PAST SECURED TRV IN THESE CONDITIONS. PLS I NEED ANSWERS CUZ I WILL LIKE TO SUBMIT TOMORROW
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by QUEENBIZ: 7:52pm On Apr 23, 2018
ayoslas88:
I just submitted my paper application for trv. Hope to hear Gud response
Hi ayoslas88,
I’m ready to submit my application too...paper route. Am I required to submit any original documents cos last year that I applied for visiting it was photocopy all through and I am seeing Original documents from the study permit instructions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by QUEENBIZ: 7:58pm On Apr 23, 2018
Hi Thebushboy,
I’m ready to submit my application too...paper route. Am I required to submit any original documents cos last year that I applied for visiting it was photocopy all through and I am seeing Original documents from the study permit instructions
Thebushboy:
A P P R O V A L ! ! !
Thebushboy1 applied March 13 Fanshawe College, Paper route, Medical request 28th March, Medicals done on 3rd April. Approval on 17th April, 2018.

See me wey just dey congratulate people some minutes ago.

I appreciate everyone on this thread. God bless you all.

Warm wishes,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ozycy: 8:08pm On Apr 23, 2018
Aghatise:
Yes I do have the marriage cert - thanks for the info and concern bro.

Must marriage certificate be from court or the one given in church is ok?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by brainiac007: 8:21pm On Apr 23, 2018
Wow! Thanks for the info.

jnyuwa02:

I will advice you wait after the completion of your student visa process before applying for the EXpress Entry. One person was denied student visa with VO citing EXpress Entry as intention to immigrate to Canada.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 8:23pm On Apr 23, 2018
xzile:
Good evening house
Please i am ready for submission but just encountered certain problems. First my sponsor is a business man but he have no tax clearance certificate for his company.
2ndly, he had emergency and traveled out today so it wasn't convenient for him to transfer my living expenses to my account.
PLEASE HOUSE I WANT TO KNOW IF THESE TWO REASONS WILL POSE ANY THREAT, HAVE ANYBODY IN THE PAST SECURED TRV IN THESE CONDITIONS. PLS I NEED ANSWERS CUZ I WILL LIKE TO SUBMIT TOMORROW
What is your mind telling you? An imminent problem?

I guess yes and actually, if you do not meet the requirement of having AVAILABLE your living expense in the tune of 10,000CAD in addition to your tuition, it is a direct path to a refusal for insufficient funds for upkeep. Also, it is important you add evidence and proof of your sponsor's business, income and obligation of such business. It is to show officers that it is genuine and in operation.

Do not be in a hurry to submit your application without showing in evidence convincing documents to increase your chances of an approval especially funds, this is important.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:45pm On Apr 23, 2018
QUEENBIZ:

Hi ayoslas88,
I’m ready to submit my application too...paper route. Am I required to submit any original documents cos last year that I applied for visiting it was photocopy all through and I am seeing Original documents from the study permit instructions.

The Lagos VFS study permit is antiquated in so many ways, only original documents needed are your bank statement and passport if submitting paperoute.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 8:48pm On Apr 23, 2018
brainiac007:
Hi.

Please, I'll like to know if I can apply for Express entry into Canada and also pursue academic route i.e. student visa, simultaneously. Thanks
The major reason this is seemingly a risky path to thread is largely because most applicants especially from Nigeria are not able to prove to officers with strong evidence that they would indeed leave Canada at the end of their study even with a PR application. For a study visa, you must satisfy the officer that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay because it is a requirement by their law that you leave as a temporary resident.
If you can really prove to the officer that there is a high chance that you would leave after your study, having simultaneous applicant would not be a problem as it is backed up by the Act establishing the provisions for issuing of both visas as dual intent.

If you can prove this, fine. Each application is reviewed seperately and independently. However, the general advise is to go with one you have a better chance and can satisfy all requirements.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by QUEENBIZ: 9:17pm On Apr 23, 2018
jnyuwa02:

The Lagos VFS study permit is antiquated in so many ways, only original documents needed are your bank statement and passport if submitting paperoute.
Thanks and God bless u for the response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by xzile: 9:31pm On Apr 23, 2018
He left me with a healthy bank SOA, , company registration documents and a convincing sponsorship letter. The thing is that he evades tax payments and the 10k CAD is still in his account.
Austinpee4:

What is your mind telling you? An imminent problem?

I guess yes and actually, if you do not meet the requirement of having AVAILABLE your living expense in the tune of 10,000CAD in addition to your tuition, it is a direct path to a refusal for insufficient funds for upkeep. Also, it is important you add evidence and proof of your sponsor's business, income and obligation of such business. It is to show officers that it is genuine and in operation.

Do not be in a hurry to submit your application without showing in evidence convincing documents to increase your chances of an approval especially funds, this is important.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:34pm On Apr 23, 2018
xzile:
Good evening house
xzile,

Also take note of the few listed....
Have your uncle paid your tuition? Did you include documents to show proof of relationship with him or proof of on going/previous financial support from him? Lastly, endeavour to add documents to evident his business source of income.

Note: Tax clearance certificate is not compulsory here, if uncle has paid your tuition fees and has the living expenses in his account and can write convincingly that funds will be made available to you and for the subsequent years, I see no problem, you need to show strong proof of relationship with him and your application will be a success.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:45pm On Apr 23, 2018
xzile:
He left me with a healthy bank SOA, , company registration documents and a convincing sponsorship letter. The thing is that he evades tax payments and the 10k CAD is still in his account.
xzile,

I don't see issues with your application. Considering that sponsor is not around, The most important thing here is to have your uncle(a third party) pay your tuition, as visa officers believes this to be a direct commitment towards financing an applicant studies in Canada. Be it a paternal or maternal uncle you MUST show proof of relationship.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 9:54pm On Apr 23, 2018
Austinpee4:

The major reason this is seemingly a risky path to thread is largely because most applicants especially from Nigeria are not able to prove to officers with strong evidence that they would indeed leave Canada at the end of their study even with a PR application. For a study visa, you must satisfy the officer that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay because it is a requirement by their law that you leave as a temporary resident.
If you can really prove to the officer that there is a high chance that you would leave after your study, having simultaneous applicant would not be a problem as it is backed up by the Act establishing the provisions for issuing of both visas as dual intent.

If you can prove this, fine. Each application is reviewed seperately and independently. However, the general advise is to go with one you have a better chance and can satisfy all requirements.

Regards.

Agreed!! But why go with only one route that you are stronger in when you can kill two birds with one stone by going double route thus maximizing your chances. Try the student route first and if you do not succeed, try the EXpress is the most sensible advice. I say so cos if you tried the express route and do not succeed, when you turn around and try the student visa route, your prior express application may still be used against you if you are not able to establish strong ties. They might say you expressed prior intention of immigrating to Canada. But if you try student visa several times and do not succeed, you can comfortably move on to apply for the EXpress Entry with no penalty whatsoever. You never know which one would work. What you perceive as your strongest chance might in reality by your weakest and what is your weakest might be your strongest. Go figure!! That is what I have observed from experience and I will recommend people apply in those orders stated if they want to be strategic.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 10:11pm On Apr 23, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

xzile,

Also take note of the few listed....
Have your uncle paid your tuition? Did you include documents to show proof of relationship with him or proof of on going/previous financial support from him? Lastly, endeavour to add documents to evident his business source of income.

Note: Tax clearance certificate is not compulsory here, if uncle has paid your tuition fees and has the living expenses in his account and can write convincingly that funds will be made available to you and for the subsequent years, I see no problem, you need to show strong proof of relationship with him and your application will be a success.

All the best!

Hey Champion, tax clearance while not compulsory, is very important ooh!!! It’s shows the legitimacy of a business as Austinpee4 said. I will recommend he submit it if he has one or go pay up his taxes and obtain one. Paying up one year fees and shoring 10k into a dormiciliary account in this day and age for Canadian HIgh COmmission means nothing. The legitimacy of the business added will give his application extra gravitas!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:13pm On Apr 23, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Thanks man! What happened to you bro, how comes you are not helping much like before?
My bro jnyuwa02,

Everything is fine bro, I have been busy lately, I only have time to check on the forum mostly late at night to keep up to pace with what's going on. I must commend that you're really really doing a wonderful work here, handling most queries from prospective applicants with few gurus to assist, isn't an easy task. Well done!!!!
I hope to hear your TRV APPROVAL soonest.

All the Best Man!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:23pm On Apr 23, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Hey Champion, tax clearance while not compulsory, is very important ooh!!! It’s shows the legitimacy of a business as Austinpee4 said. I will recommend he submit it if he has one or go pay up his taxes and obtain one. Paying up one year fees and shoring 10k into a dormiciliary account in this day and age for Canadian HIgh COmmission means nothing. The legitimacy of the business added will give his application extra gravitas!!

I can't underestimate the fact that Tax clearance certificate isn't good. Yes! It shows business legitimacy, but in a case scenario like this, considering the applicant sponsor is not around to acquire this tax certificate, do you suggest the applicant waits until the arrival of the sponsor?, meanwhile, you and I know very well that on this forum, many applicants never included this certificate on their application but still got approved. What have you to say about this?

Edited: To the bolded words... AGREED!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by adel3951: 10:32pm On Apr 23, 2018
Good evening pls urgent can i use statement of account printed March 20 for my trv this week. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:33pm On Apr 23, 2018
adel3951:
Good evening pls urgent can i use statement of account printed March 20 for my trv this week. Thank you

To be on a safer side, Get an updated statement of account. As what is required by CIC is 3-4weeks bank statement. It shouldn't be above this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.