Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,689 members, 7,831,129 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (791310 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Twallace: 4:17pm On Apr 24, 2018
ayeopare:
Pls chief, just want to know, I applied with a bank statement of account in Canada running to 30k CAD with my Tuition paid. The statement of account I got from my bank was not original statement as it was sent through my mail like around 2nd of February,
also the bank letter of introduction was sent through email, not original and I applied for my Visa on 09th April. What do you guys suggest

Nothing you can do at this point. You have already submitted. I don't think you have anything to fear if your documents are genuine. Let it ride and pray

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asihanmi: 4:38pm On Apr 24, 2018
@ goingforward, thanks for your contribution.
I applied via paper route for my study permit.
I travelled from. US to Canada in January 2017 spent two days then back to UW before coming to Nigeria.
I travelled with my child and nephew ,my spouse didn't travel was back home busy with studies.

Thereafter I applied for study permit in May 2017 got refusal letter in July reapplied February 2018 got refusal letter in March 2018. All application have been via paper route.

Well you have a point, I recall in February 2017 as a sort of test run I registered my express entry profile online but didn't meet anywhere near cut off point never felt it would matter. More so that my study permit was via paper route.

I still appreciate input from experts in the house.
Anyone with similar experience that later got study permit after first attempt.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:51pm On Apr 24, 2018
Lemia:

Loool.

I had a perfect GPA of 4/4 and UofT is still messing with me. I've not gotten a response yet but it's most likely going to be a reject.

You need to have a little bit more faith. You are predicting doomsday on yourself already. Na wa ooh!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lemia(m): 5:05pm On Apr 24, 2018
jnyuwa02:

You need to have a little bit more faith. You are predicting doomsday on yourself already. Na wa ooh!!!

It's not like I don't have faith but I'm being practical here. I had a supervisor who agreed to accept me but later on he stopped replying my emails and he later said he already made offers to other applicants. Also the graduate coordinator stated that if I don't get a supervisor, it doesn't matter what my profile is, I'll be rejected.

I'm not feeling bad about it though as I've already gotten a fully funded offer from University of Waterloo and I've applied for my study permit.

Thanks for your input though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:19pm On Apr 24, 2018
Lemia:

It's not like I don't have faith but I'm being practical here. I had a supervisor who agreed to accept me but later on he stopped replying my emails and he later said he already made offers to other applicants. Also the graduate coordinator stated that if I don't get a supervisor, it doesn't matter what my profile is, I'll be rejected.

I'm not feeling bad about it though as I've already gotten a fully funded offer from University of Waterloo and I've applied for my study permit.

Okay best wishes bro!! Waterloo is a good school too!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:24pm On Apr 24, 2018
Asihanmi:
2nd study permit refusal though I have requested for GCMS note.
Just trying to analyse the 2 reasons on the rejection letter: family ties in Canada and home country and purpose of visit!
Never stated I had family member(s) in Canada in any of my documents ,know I've got distant cousins and we are not close .

I do not think I will apply a third time(in my own thoughts it's not worth it may mean desperation to them).

I have been struggling with express entry process stucked with IELTS. Don't want to go through the asylum route that is being recommended to me despite having canada visitor's visa because of WORK PRESSURE (Naija banking craziness...). I believe asylum may not be the best route for a family person.
Honestly, don't know what to do at this juncture.

Suggestions are welcome from the family.

How's Australia and Netherlands PR process like?

I have seen someone make a slam dunk on third try after two repeated tries to do so, but to no avail. Third time they say is the charm might hold true for you too. Why not try one more time?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 5:29pm On Apr 24, 2018
mightyola:
What are the key points a sponsorship letter should contain.

1. Relationship to the Applicant
2. Reason why sponsoring Applicant
3. Number of dependents(sponsor)
4. Highlighting financial commitment to the applicant,by indicating any payment done in respect to tuition and Boarding
5. Sponsors background

Any other cogent points?
mightyola,

You will need the following too:
1-) Amount of sponsorship funds and length of sponsorship
2-) Source of sponsorship funds
3-) Where the funds are currently held
4-) Your sponsor expectations (What he/she stands to gain) as a result of sponsorship.
5-) contact information and how your sponsor can be reached.

Add up the 5 key areas listed above and your letter of sponsorship will appear superb in the sight of the visa officer.

All the best!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:31pm On Apr 24, 2018
ayeopare:
Pls chief, just want to know, I applied with a bank statement of account in Canada running to 30k CAD with my Tuition paid. The statement of account I got from my bank was not original statement as it was sent through my mail like around 2nd of February,
also the bank letter of introduction was sent through email, not original and I applied for my Visa on 09th April. What do you guys suggest

You are good to go, don’t panic. Many submit photocopy bank statement and are good. In fact if you are filing online, the scanned original bank statement you are submitting is not classified as original as it looses it originality by been scanned. You are good!!! If CIC has any questions about your bank statement, they have a way of checking in with bank!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 5:34pm On Apr 24, 2018
I will advise your order for your gcmsnote and work on your SOP.

Try as much as possible to write a very convincing SOP. why go to study this course in Canada when you can go study it in Nigeria? The VO might not know the value of studying OIL AND GAS in Canada. Educate him/her. What is the benefit of studying the course in Canada?
Famzyactivity:

Online route
All cic documents
Sponsors Employement letter and payslip
Tuition payment
Letter of sponsorship
Applied on the 1st of march
Biometric on the 6th of march
SOP
bank statement from sponsor
Bsc civil Engineering
Masc Mun oil and gas Engineering 2018
3 years working experience in the offshore oil and gas sector
No introductory letter from my company ,payslip nor pension statement and My sop isn't convincing I guess
because i didn't know about nairaland till after I applied

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 5:37pm On Apr 24, 2018
Lemia:

Best wishes.

In addition to ur offer letter, did u have to attach bank statements? What did u use as home ties? I have a fully funded offer too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 6:12pm On Apr 24, 2018
ayeopare:
ayeopare,

Did you apply through online or paper route?
If online route no worries here, just that the official bank stamps won't appear on your statement as usual, but thanks to the bank reference letter you included it will go far in addressing this. if paper route, what is required of you is originals of bank statement and not a soft copy statement, I know fully well that the VFS workers wouldn't have allowed you to submit such with your application. So, I guess you applied online.
All in all, you have submitted your application let the will of the visa officers be done, if a visa officer is not satisfied with the type of statement you submitted, they might request for another bank statement from you. Therefore, all hands crossed and lets hope for a positive outcome on your application. Be optimistic okay!!

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 6:16pm On Apr 24, 2018
Thanks so much!!!!

Frankrobbn1:

mightyola,

You will need the following too:
1-) Amount of sponsorship funds and length of sponsorship
2-) Source of sponsorship funds
3-) Where the funds are currently held
4-) Your sponsor expectations (What he/she stands to gain) as a result of sponsorship.
5-) contact information and how your sponsor can be reached.

Add up the 5 key areas listed above and your letter of sponsorship will appear superb in the sight of the visa officer.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uzee24: 6:21pm On Apr 24, 2018
AyoPrudence:
Yes, there is an ATM outlet in front of the VFS office, Lagos.

Regards.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jephehe: 6:43pm On Apr 24, 2018
When you applied for your canada visiting visa was it on invitation by your relative on its was solely on tourism? If invitation did you include the information of your host in the study permit application?
Did the intended course of study correspond with your present job function?
What's the status of your visiting visa?

Pls list documents you submitted.

X-raying mode activated.

Thanks

quote author=Asihanmi post=66992873]@ goingforward, thanks for your contribution.
I travelled from. US to Canada in January 2017 spent two days then back to UW before coming to Nigeria.
I travelled with my child and nephew ,my spouse didn't travel was back home busy with studies.

Thereafter I applied for study permit in May 2017 got refusal letter in July reapplied February 2018 got refusal letter in March 2018. All application have been via paper route.

Well you have a point, I recall in February 2017 as a sort of test run I registered my express entry profile online but didn't meet anywhere near cut off point never felt it would matter. More so that my study permit was via paper route.

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 6:45pm On Apr 24, 2018
Asihanmi:
@ goingforward, thanks for your contribution.

You can share your profile and let the house understand your case better for a proper advice vis a vis your undergraduate course, your present occupation and the course you are going for.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 6:52pm On Apr 24, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Biakwa,

Yes! Visa officers goes through CV's once attached with applicant application, as it provides clarity to the visa officer on her expertise, but stating she has an MBA (certificate not yet collected) won't be a reason for a refusal. It pose to be a problem only if she is going for an MBA program in Canada. If not, I don't see any problem here.
You can as well acquire this MBA certificate and send it directly to CIC via email and it will be quickly attached with her ongoing processing application.

All the best!

Big Boss,

Thanks for the brief, lets keep our fingers cross.

You are doing very well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 6:52pm On Apr 24, 2018
goingforward:
The rate of refusal is scary! undecided cry
The Lord is my strength.

goingforward.
goingforward,

Don't judge with what you see okay. Cases are different. A great number of people are still getting approved. Be hopeful.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 6:57pm On Apr 24, 2018
Famzyactivity:

Online route
All cic documents
Sponsors Employement letter and payslip
Tuition payment
Letter of sponsorship
Applied on the 1st of march
Biometric on the 6th of march
SOP
bank statement from sponsor
Bsc civil Engineering
Masc Mun oil and gas Engineering 2018
3 years working experience in the offshore oil and gas sector
No introductory letter from my company ,payslip nor pension statement and My sop isn't convincing I guess
because i didn't know about nairaland till after I applied

Famzyactivity,

Now you know your weakness by the bolded words, get your GCMS note and start from scratch, be free to ask questions anytime and we will be happy to put you through.
It will end in praises in your next application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayeopare(m): 7:21pm On Apr 24, 2018
Thanks boss, I applied via paper route. The bank letter of introduction was also sent to me by email, but the bank officer phone number is well stated on both documents
Frankrobbn1:

ayeopare,

Did you apply through online or paper route?
If online route no worries here, just that the official bank stamps won't appear on your statement as usual, but thanks to the bank reference letter you included it will go far in addressing this. if paper route, what is required of you is originals of bank statement and not a soft copy statement, I know fully well that the VFS workers wouldn't have allowed you to submit such with your application. So, I guess you applied online.
All in all, you have submitted your application let the will of the visa officers be done, if a visa officer is not satisfied with the type of statement you submitted, they might request for another bank statement from you. Therefore, all hands crossed and lets hope for a positive outcome on your application. Be optimistic okay!!

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 7:22pm On Apr 24, 2018
jnyuwa02:

You are good to go, don’t panic. Many submit photocopy bank statement and are good. In fact if you are filing online, the scanned original bank statement you are submitting is not classified as original as it looses it originality by been scanned. You are good!!! If CIC has any questions about your bank statement, they have a way of checking in with bank!!

Legend are you sure about the bolded words? Many?... Why not say a minority of people .
Also, why do you say that submitting an original scanned copy of bank statement looses it originality? I have to refute this because an original bank statement bears an official stamp, signature and bank seal affixed to it. When scanned, it appears exact as the original copy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 7:35pm On Apr 24, 2018
ayeopare:
Thanks boss, I applied via paper route. The bank letter of introduction was also sent to me by email, but the bank officer phone number is well stated on both documents
ayeopare,

Is this a bank statement from a Canadian bank?. If yes. No worries, visa officers believes more on Canadian bank statement than a Nigerian bank. I know of an applicant that submitted his application last year without a bank statement from Canada, but included a reference letter from the bank stating how much the sponsor (the brother) has in the account and CIC accepted it.
So, no worries okay!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 24, 2018
Good evening house, Well through app I linked online, I already saw a refusal(second refusal) but no correspondence letter yet since afternoon. I want to thank everyone on this forum for the help and the much needed knowledge I have gained on this wonderful thread..switching to USA for good. Thank you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayoslas88: 7:51pm On Apr 24, 2018
Hello gurus,

Please how many weeks do I start to receive messages on my trv application.

When do background check start on an application.

My application I just a week old(lol).

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayeopare(m): 7:55pm On Apr 24, 2018
Yes boss, the bank officer phone number was well stated on it, with my account info.
Frankrobbn1:

ayeopare,

Is this a bank statement from a Canadian bank?. If yes. No worries, visa officers believes more on Canadian bank statement than a Nigerian bank. I know of an applicant that submitted his application last year without a bank statement from Canada, but included a reference letter from the bank stating how much the sponsor (the brother) has in the account and CIC accepted it.
So, no worries okay!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:02pm On Apr 24, 2018
OriEyeLe:
Good evening house, Well through app I linked online, I already saw a refusal(second refusal) but no correspondence letter yet since afternoon. I want to thank everyone in this forum for the help and the much needed knowledge I have gained on thisbwonderful thread..switching to USA for good. Thanks you all

What!! What went wrong brother? You have gone a long way in this, you don't have to quit now. Remember winners never quit. You can pm me and as well share your profile to the house.
I'm very sorry about the outcome of your application. Be strong
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sogima(f): 8:02pm On Apr 24, 2018
ayoslas88:
Hello gurus,

Thanks

You still have about 5weeks or more for positive respond. Be patient
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sogima(f): 8:06pm On Apr 24, 2018
Please how does CIC send information about update?
Is it through email?
Or Text?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:07pm On Apr 24, 2018
ayeopare:
Yes boss, the bank officer phone number was well stated on it, with my account info.

Then you're set. No problem Bro. All fingers crossed. I hope to hear a positive outcome on your application.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by brainiac007: 8:10pm On Apr 24, 2018
This is much clearer. Thank you!

Austinpee4:

The major reason this is seemingly a risky path to thread is largely because most applicants especially from Nigeria are not able to prove to officers with strong evidence that they would indeed leave Canada at the end of their study even with a PR application. For a study visa, you must satisfy the officer that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay because it is a requirement by their law that you leave as a temporary resident.
If you can really prove to the officer that there is a high chance that you would leave after your study, having simultaneous applicant would not be a problem as it is backed up by the Act establishing the provisions for issuing of both visas as dual intent.

If you can prove this, fine. Each application is reviewed seperately and independently. However, the general advise is to go with one you have a better chance and can satisfy all requirements.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Clahws: 8:10pm On Apr 24, 2018
Please How do I order for GCMS NOTE.
I was rejected today based on 5 different reasons to believe that I will not leave Canada after completion of program:
1. personal Finance & Assets.
2. Purpose
3. Family Ties
4. Current employment situation
5. My passport will expire before the completion of program

chigrad:
Hello. I applied for study permit twice and was denied in all. I requested for my GCMS note which I'll attach.
I have some concerns based on the reasons given. I read Chemistry for first degree, applied for Masters in Business admin. I have 3years work experience as a Business Development officer.prior to this I worked 1year as a chemist. Pls based on the GCMS note, what does Personal Circumstances and Family composition mean? During the application I applied alone without my spouse.
I will appreciate everyone's response.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 8:13pm On Apr 24, 2018
ayoslas88:
Hello gurus,

Thanks
What does your background check status show?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by adel3951: 8:15pm On Apr 24, 2018
ayeopare:

Hi ayeopare, please did you mean you submitted statement of account printed since February to apply. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.