Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,924 members, 7,835,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (794871 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 10:37pm On Apr 23, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

I can't underestimate the fact that Tax clearance certificate isn't good. Yes! It shows business legitimacy, but in a case scenario like this, considering the applicant sponsor is not around to acquire this tax certificate, do you suggest the applicant waits until the arrival of the sponsor?, meanwhile, you and I know very well that on this forum, many applicants never included this certificate on their application but still got approved. What have you to say about this?
Edited: To the bolded words... AGREED!

Cases are different so don’t judge the applicability and effectiveness of tax clearance simply because someone got it without it. For a third party sponsor, the need to show tax clearance and other certificates establishing the legitimacy of the business of the sponsor is even more pressing. In a world of TRV application with applicants coveting the nod of a VO, anything to establish legitimacy and showing good faith, I will advice to submit if possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by adel3951: 10:38pm On Apr 23, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

To be on a safer side, Get an updated statement of account. As what is required by CIC is 3-4weeks bank statement. It shouldn't be above this.

Okay thank you so much frank for the reply. God bless you. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:44pm On Apr 23, 2018
adel3951:

Okay thank you so much frank for the reply. God bless you. Thank you

Bless you more adel3951
All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:55pm On Apr 23, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Cases are different so don’t judge the applicability and effectiveness of tax clearance simply because someone got it without it. For a third party sponsor, the need to show tax clearance and other certificates establishing the legitimacy of the business of the sponsor is even more pressing. In a world of TRV application with applicant coveting the nod of a VO, anything to establish legitimacy and showing good faith, I will advice to submit if possible.

Okay! Let the sleeping dog lie. I just found out that tax clearance certificate isn't expensive (6K-10K) to get as I thought it was and someone aside the sponsor can acquire this certificate on behalf of the company. In that case, let the applicant submit a tax clearance certificate for this year and that of last year that will be fine.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:03pm On Apr 23, 2018
Brendaugo20:
Hello everyone,
I got rejected for the second time, the first was based of insufficient fund. The second one is
1: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection216(1) based on your purpose of stay.
2: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as stipulated in subsection 216(1) based on your personal assets and financial status.
Can someone explain

I can see this is now the new reasons for CIC in refusing applicant's application.
Put yourself together okay and quickly order for your CAIPS file using the link below, then we can now pick it up from there.
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:39pm On Apr 23, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Siblings are not strong ties. I guess that is why the new form IMM5707E introduced did away with them. Siblings by law are not considered one’s immediate family relatives.
Wife and children are immediate relatives and usually what convinces the VO. Parents too too are considered immediate relatives and to an extent, especially if they have properties that you intend to inherit, would help you as ties. If you don’t have any of these, concentrate on showing any social or professional or economic ties that would bring you back to Nigeria. For example, professional ties would be your Work. Economic ties would be landed property or business interest. Social ties would be anything you are doing or been a very promising person and the evidence shows that you would come back to Nigeria and make a difference in the lives of others. Its often not so easy to pinpoint, so I advice you concentrate on your strengths and explain what you think can induce your return to Nigeria and pray the VOs buy it!!

The bolded words are practically true. I had to consult a Canadian legal personnel on this issue and they confirmed it to be true that CIC doesn't regard siblings as a tie to applicant application that's why the new updated form excludes adding details of siblings. Applicant should focus on showing professional, social and economic ties that can compel their return back home after studies.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by lilreese: 11:39pm On Apr 23, 2018
Prudento:

Got $16K in graduate assistantship, I don't have any supplemental funding. Should I apply?

Hello, How do i apply for the graduate assistantship ?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by myelims: 1:25am On Apr 24, 2018
lilreese:

Hello, How do i apply for the graduate assistantship ?

Thanks

For most schools there is no special application. They make the decision to give you alongside the admission decision. If you have not been offered I think you can only apply after you resume school.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by activelyA(f): 1:38am On Apr 24, 2018
Darasimiolu:

yes you can
Have you gotten any reply from UOT?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by activelyA(f): 1:39am On Apr 24, 2018
kylexy61:

Just out of curiosity, what will be the status of the background check in the application portal once the background checks have been completed by CIC?
Have you heard anything from University of Toronto?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uzee24: 3:19am On Apr 24, 2018
Gudmorning House..
For those who have been to VAC in Lagos, I would like to know if there is any bank or atm outlets close to the Centre or within that Ikate area.
Thanks a bunch!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:19am On Apr 24, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Okay! Let the sleeping dog lie. I just found out that tax clearance certificate isn't expensive (6K-10K) to get as I thought it was and someone aside the sponsor can acquire this certificate on behalf of the company. In that case, let the applicant submit a tax clearance certificate for this year and that of last year that will be fine.

Morning Champion, thanks for the info that another person can obtain the certificate on behalf of the company. I should add to your info. Tax clearance should be inexpensive only if the company has been paying its taxes. A tax clearance certificate would only be issued upon the entire payment of any given year’s taxes. For example, my taxes obligation for 2017 ran in the tune of 240k, talkless of a company making way much money. Except the company is ecclesiastical or nonprofit, then that company has tax exempt and will need to pay only the tax clearance certificate issuance fee (16-20k). To get tax clearance for a company or an individual, all outstanding tax obligation has to be paid in full, including tax clearance certificate issuance fee. It’s not cheap if you have not been paying your taxes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AyoPrudence(m): 6:17am On Apr 24, 2018
Uzee24:
Gudmorning House..
For those who have been to VAC in Lagos, I would like to know if there is any bank or atm outlets close to the Centre or within that Ikate area.
Thanks a bunch!
Yes, there is an ATM outlet in front of the VFS office, Lagos.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Twallace: 6:41am On Apr 24, 2018
Please what's bank reference letter all about and who should it be addressed to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by activelyA(f): 6:56am On Apr 24, 2018
mcobex:
Check www.cic.gc.ca to know the processing time for visa/trv

They said 7weeks and from what I have read on this thread, it is up-to 14-17 weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by xzile: 7:01am On Apr 24, 2018
Thanks everyone who contributed to my questions. I truly appreciate.
Since the tax clearance is impossible to get now, i think i will make do with SOA, CAC documents, affidavit and the letter of sponsorship and keep my fingers crossed.
I have come to understand that trv is possible even with living expenses in sponsor account. I think his letter is convincing enough.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 7:37am On Apr 24, 2018
activelyA:

Have you heard anything from University of Toronto?

Yep. Was rejected.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 7:39am On Apr 24, 2018
xzile:
Thanks everyone who contributed to my questions. I truly appreciate.
Since the tax clearance is impossible to get now, i think i will make do with SOA, CAC documents, affidavit and the letter of sponsorship and keep my fingers crossed.
I have come to understand that trv is possible even with living expenses in sponsor account. I think his letter is convincing enough.
xzile,

Once sponsorship letter is convincing, It is very much possible. Go and submit your application, I see you getting your TRV. Remember to show proof of relationship with sponsor okay.

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 7:51am On Apr 24, 2018
Twallace:
Please what's bank reference letter all about and who should it be addressed to?
Twallace,

Walk straight to your bank and request for this letter and it will be issued to you within a couple of minutes, let them know it's for visa application.

A Bank reference letter is a letter addressed to the consular officer of Canada, introducing you as their customer, the date and day you opened the account with the bank, your home/office address, for how long you have been running this account with them, attesting that you're indeed a good customer to the bank blah blah etc...

A signature from the Authorized managers of the bank will suffice at the end left and right side of the reference letter.
The letter should be addressed to this address :

Deputy High Commission of Canada,
4 Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island,
P.O. Box 54506,
Lagos, Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:12am On Apr 24, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Twallace,

Walk to into your bank and request for this letter and it will be issued to you within a couple of minutes, let them it's for visa application.

A Bank reference letter is a letter addressed to the consular officer of Canada, introducing you as their customer, the date and day you opened the account with the bank, your home/office address, for how long you have been running this account with them, attesting that you're indeed a good customer to the bank blah blah etc...

A signature from the Authorized managers of the bank will suffice at the end left and right side of the reference letter.

4 Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island,
P.O. Box 54506,
Lagos, Nigeria.

Reference letter Champion can take a few days sometimes, not minutes, it’s important to be forthright so his expectations are not dissapointed. Sometimes you have to chase bank managers endlessly for the person with the correct signatures to go on that letter. If you want to submit this letter do so, but it is not compulsory at all. Your bank statement usually says all there is to know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKUPSME: 8:49am On Apr 24, 2018
What documents will CIC return back to me upon refusal, if its just my passport, can I retrieve it from vfs office the same day I will be reapplying?
Since I don't reside in Lagos.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKUPSME: 8:52am On Apr 24, 2018
Austinpee4:

The major reason this is seemingly a risky path to thread is largely because most applicants especially from Nigeria are not able to prove to officers with strong evidence that they would indeed leave Canada at the end of their study even with a PR application. For a study visa, you must satisfy the officer that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay because it is a requirement by their law that you leave as a temporary resident.
If you can really prove to the officer that there is a high chance that you would leave after your study, having simultaneous applicant would not be a problem as it is backed up by the Act establishing the provisions for issuing of both visas as dual intent.

If you can prove this, fine. Each application is reviewed seperately and independently. However, the general advise is to go with one you have a better chance and can satisfy all requirements.

Regards.

Will getting a letter from my current company; stating I will resume after studies be a good reason to satisfy the V.O.
Cos I wanted to include it in my first application, but from the comments I read it seemed not to be a good idea.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:26am On Apr 24, 2018
AKUPSME:
What documents will CIC return back to me upon refusal, if its just my passport, can I retrieve it from vfs office the same day I will be reapplying?
Since I don't reside in Lagos.
AKUPSME,

Once your application is refused, applicant passport and a refusal letter will be enclosed in a sealed envelope and returned back to VFS for pick up. You can retrieve it same day and reapply for your visa, make sure you take along the yellow slip (receipt) and a copy of your passport bio data page which was issued to you at the time of application submission .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:40am On Apr 24, 2018
AKUPSME:

Will getting a letter from my current company; stating I will resume after studies be a good reason to satisfy the V.O.
Cos I wanted to include it in my first application, but from the comments I read it seemed not to be a good idea.
AKUPSME,

I want to understand you mean a job offer letter from current company stating that you will return back to the company after the completion of your studies in Canada with a promotion in the office.
If company or employer isn't your sponsor, presenting a job offer does not constitute a significant tie to your home country and going for a 2years and above program in Canada makes it unrealistic to the visa officer as no company will leave a space for you for such period of time.
It only makes a lot of sense, if employer, CEO or the company is your sponsor. Then you can justify your claims. If not, concentrate on showing professional, social and economic ties to your home country, other than presenting a job offer that will weaken your application.

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by shaddy1k: 9:55am On Apr 24, 2018
Hello, please what is the process and cost in employing the services of an immigration lawyer to work on your refusal reasons. Reasons appear not to apply to the visa type applied for. I will be glad for your quick response.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKUPSME: 10:06am On Apr 24, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

AKUPSME,

I want to understand you mean a job offer letter from current company stating that you will return back to the company after the completion of your studies in Canada with a promotion in the office.
If company or employer isn't your sponsor, presenting a job offer does not constitute a significant tie to your home country and going for a 2years and above program in Canada makes it unrealistic to the visa officer as no company will leave a space for you for such period of time.
It only makes a lot of sense, if employer, CEO or the company is your sponsor. Then you can justify your claims. If not, concentrate on showing professional, social and economic ties to your home country, other than presenting a job offer that will weaken your application.

All the best!
What documents can I request from my employer if I want to use my company as my second sponsor.
Because that's one of the options I have now going forward
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Twallace: 10:09am On Apr 24, 2018
Thanks boss

Frankrobbn1:

Twallace,

Walk straight to your bank and request for this letter and it will be issued to you within a couple of minutes, let them know it's for visa application.

4 Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island,
P.O. Box 54506,
Lagos, Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jaybaby2017: 10:38am On Apr 24, 2018
Good Morning House. Please I need advice from the experts here. I was just refused a visitors visa on the bases that I have not demonstrated sufficiently strong socio-economic ties to my home country. My husband is presently in canada on a study permit and we sincerely wanted to just visit this summer. He left in December 2017. We (my two kids and I) have a valid US and UK visa and we have been travelling since 2006. I have a very good job with the Oil company in Port Harcourt, not planning on re-locating any soon. How do I address this issue cause the kids wants to visit their dad. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:00am On Apr 24, 2018
AKUPSME:

What documents can I request from my employer if I want to use my company as my second sponsor.
Because that's one of the options I have now going forward
AKUPSME,

Using a company as a co-sponsor to your application, a rational letter of sponsorship will suffice stating clearly why the company is spending so much on you, how this sponsorship will be of paramount benefit to them and attesting that your intl certificate will yield an extraordinary results to the company upon your return. How long you've been working for this company goes a long way to prove to the visa officer the genuinity of this sponsorship. Company MUST show proof of commitment towards financing your studies either paying at least a semester tuition fee or transferring funds into your personal account.

To mention a few, you need documents like:
1-) Letter of sponsorship (written on company letter headed paper)
2-) Affidiavit of company sponsorship (stamp and sign by commissioner of oaths)
3-) 6 months company bank statements
4-) Company article and association of memorandum
5-) Company CAC documents ( proof to show the business is Registered)
6-) Tax clearance certificate
7-) Board resolution letter (stating clearly that they are aware of this sponsorship and won't pose to be a hindrance to this) etc...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asihanmi: 11:15am On Apr 24, 2018
2nd study permit refusal though I have requested for GCMS note.
Just trying to analyse the 2 reasons on the rejection letter: family ties in Canada and home country and purpose of visit!
Never stated I had family member(s) in Canada in any of my documents ,know I've got distant cousins and we are not close .

I do not think I will apply a third time(in my own thoughts it's not worth it may mean desperation to them).

I have been struggling with express entry process stucked with IELTS. Don't want to go through the asylum route that is being recommended to me despite having canada visitor's visa because of WORK PRESSURE (Naija banking craziness...). I believe asylum may not be the best route for a family person.
Honestly, don't know what to do at this juncture.

Suggestions are welcome from the family.

How's Australia and Netherlands PR process like?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by activelyA(f): 11:21am On Apr 24, 2018
kylexy61:

Yep. Was rejected.
Oh myy
Did they give you a reason?
When did you apply?

Wow.. ..i can see you have another offer though.. .congratulations

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.