Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (787498 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nolongthang: 12:51am On Mar 15, 2018
Hi guys, last year I applied for a Study permit and I was denied based on the attached reasons last year, But I am curious about something tho, I couldn't find a fitted statement of account last year so I used mine basically that had just 1M. Meanwhile I have paid for the school fees to at the same time, now they didn't deny me based on account balance, but travel history and purpose of visit which is obviously school. Now That makes no sense to me so I gave up. Now my school deferred my admission and I need to apply again. Is it really compulsory that I order for a GMCS notes?? Help me guys

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:54am On Mar 15, 2018
faroouqq:
Hi guys, I trust everyone is doing great..i have some questions for the house...

1. My sponsor(3rd party sponsor) forgot to state in his letter the number of dependants. Also he forgot to state that he has transferred my tuition fees and living expenses for one year into my dom account. Can I state this in my Sop.

2. Is it compulsory to submit transcript? If yes can I print a transcript I have with me and submit,or It has to be directly from my university?

3. My sponsor cannot find his birth certificate can he use affidavit?

4. The letter of acceptance and admission letter I got from the school is black and white..they said the original one will get to me in 6weeks time . Can I use the printed Black and white LOA for application

Finally, i want to know if the sop I submitted to the school can also be submitted for visa Application.. And what an sop to the VO should address...

Thanks for all your helpful and kind answers.

faroouqq,
1-) Have you submitted your application? If No?

Let you and your sponsor state that he deposited the said amount of money into a dormicarly account in your name. Also it's important your sponsor be the one to address the number of dependants he has not you.

2-) it's not compulsory to submit transcript with your application, but it is very necessary as it is among the requirements from Lagos visa office. You can submit the soft copy in your possession, as you are not required to submit your original transcripts/documents. But make sure it's signed or stamped by the university.

3-) Go to NPC office and get a new birth certificates for your sponsor it goes for N1,000

4-) Why can't your school email you the coloured (original) copy at once. As what is required by the Canadian embassy is Originals of letter of acceptance. Most schools in Canada have deviated from sending LOA by courier to electronic method(By email). So ask them to send this through email, as is one of the requirements from your local embassy.

5-) You can pick some points from the SOP you used during your admission process.

Your letter of intent for visa application should reflect the following and should be addressed in each paragraphs to avoid repetition.
1-) Describe your academic background briefly.
2-) The program of choice.
3-) The school.
4-) Why Canada not Nigeria.
5-)How you intend to finance your studies in Canada without working.
6-) Your Home ties
7-) What you intend to achieve at the end of the program and how it might benefit you in the future.

I hope you find this information helpful. If you need further clarification, don't hesitate to ask questions.

All the best!

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:59am On Mar 15, 2018
Nolongthang:
Hi guys, last year I applied for a Study permit and I was denied based on the attached reasons last year, But I am curious about something tho, I couldn't find a fitted statement of account last year so I used mine basically that had just 1M. Meanwhile I have paid for the school fees to at the same time, now they didn't deny me based on account balance, but travel history and purpose of visit which is obviously school. Now That makes no sense to me so I gave up. Now my school deferred my admission and I need to apply again. Is it really compulsory that I order for a GMCS notes?? Help me guys
Nolongthang,

Sorry for the outcome of your application. To the bolded, it's very necessary you order for your GCMS note as this will help give further clarification on what really went wrong on your application. Is not all about paying tuition fees. What pushed you to use a bank statement of 1M? What is the duration of your studies? Is your program reasonable with your previous education/job role.? It seems like you didn't show concerns to the visa officer on your previous refused application.

ORDER FOR YOUR GCMS NOTES!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nolongthang: 1:18am On Mar 15, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Nolongthang,

Sorry for the outcome of your application. To the bolded, it's very necessary you order for your GCMS note as this will help give further clarification on what really went wrong on your application. Is not all about paying tuition fees. What pushed you to use a bank statement of 1M? What is the duration of your studies? Is your program reasonable with your previous education/job role.? It seems like you didn't show concerns to the visa officer on your previous refused application.

Thanks for the response! I show a great deal of concern bro, back then no one wanna tender their account for me and I was closing on to a month to my program resumption so I had no choice. My course is 2 years, and yes its an advancement to the work I have been doing for 4 years now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nolongthang: 1:28am On Mar 15, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Nolongthang,

I know you will ask me to go and read the other passage of this thread but I kindly ask atleast show me a link to where I can get this Notes...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 1:39am On Mar 15, 2018
Asapant:
I don't understand these WES of a thing.. Can they upgrade gpa of 2.6/4.0 to Canada GPA standard.. My school A starts from 90. A minus is 85-89..

Explain to me guys. Please

You can use the free WES evaluation tool to calculate it---https://applications.wes.org/igpa-calculator/

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bosaniger: 2:32am On Mar 15, 2018
Hello house. Please does Canada give study permit for Co op undergraduate programs? My daughter gained admission for a co op program (it involves both work terms and academic terms).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:17am On Mar 15, 2018
Asapant:
He has 2nd class lower. How possible to get admitted to university ??

Very, very difficult except he has some years of working experience in his intended field of study!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sogima(f): 4:33am On Mar 15, 2018
Hello house,

I submitted my application on Tuesday. Online application, I hope to get positive results.
Thank you for your direction because I was totally lost at first.
But meanwhile when I went for biometrics I left all I had in the car only went in with my documents because I thot it might be like other embassy that don’t allow phones and other documents expect the required documents and passport.

While on the process of my biometric I was asked to pay for 460 naira and I stated I had nothing on me that all was in the car, the lady in charge then mention that it was not mandatory that I could track my application using my tracker.

Now my question is , how effective is the tracker. Because I have been checking it since Tuesday and the results I see is NO RESULT FOUND.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 4:35am On Mar 15, 2018
Thank you very much Mr frank
. Your info was very helpful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by diggle: 4:47am On Mar 15, 2018
diggle:
Hello everyone

I am currently applying for my study permit using the online route. Still on the page for the questionnaire however, I have not been able to upload Form IMM5257 application for TRV. I get the error message that the version uploaded is no longer acceptable. It seems to be the most recent version I downloaded on the page.
Without this form, I cannot proceed further. How do I go past this level? Please assist.

Also, I have a Bsc. In Accounting and have a letter of acceptance from a college to study Business Administration for 2 years. LOE is that I need the diploma as a refresher course before I take on higher studies because I have left academic environment for a long time. What are my chances?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by diggle: 4:49am On Mar 15, 2018
Can anyone assist please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Moley22(m): 5:20am On Mar 15, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

drdamy,
A bank statement is valid for 3-4weeks towards the time of visa application. So, printing a bank statement that ended in December ( 3 months ago) and submitting your application in March makes no sense Sir!
True,
Quite ironic because the guys over the counter will cross check each documents during the pre-submission and submission stage and reject the application if it doesn’t meet requirements so how’s December statement possible anyway?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by GIFTY11(f): 5:51am On Mar 15, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Order Gcms notes to get into the VO's head to know how to offer effective rebuttal in next application. We don't know what went wrong in the application and what the VO was thinking despite all submitted evidence which appears to be quite okay for ties. What kind of evidence did your friend submit to show her property of 50 million? Did she submit the C of O in her name or explain its an inheritance, plus any will or Deed of TRansfer to her name? Did she submit the valuation document by quantity Surveyor including any plan in the works? CIC is now been very nit-picky about these things. Console your friend and ask her to come here and do the asking for herself .

Thanks for your input.
All the lands and houses where evaluated by a surveyor but they were in her fathers name; no deed of transfer but a notary letter was submitted declaring that she is his daughter.
Pls how can she order for the GCMS notes.?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 6:07am On Mar 15, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Yes do the hardwork and change both schools and course. Reapply for a masters in the biochemical field or last employment. It would pay off. Many denied at first take the advice and do the needful hardwork and get into a masters and are glad for it. Most colleges offer diploma courses and have no masters programs. Look into universities.

Thank you for your response but to get a masters admission is hard due to second class lower from the Bsc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Canadahelper: 6:36am On Mar 15, 2018
bosaniger:
Hello house. Please does Canada give study permit for Co op undergraduate programs? My daughter gained admission for a co op program (it involves both work terms and academic terms).

A Coop work permit is a spearate document from the Study Permit. You can apply for both simultaneously , the only extra documentation needed is a letter from the Schools coop office that the student is in a coop program and as such a coop work permit is required . Last I checked , it’s free to apply . Alternatively , your kid could apply for the coop work permit after receiving a study permit. Validity of coop work permit is same as Study permit

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by swisster: 7:17am On Mar 15, 2018
reginabenson:
Guyyyyssss. TRV got approved today. I'll share my profile soon.

congrats

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by GIFTY11(f): 7:59am On Mar 15, 2018
Canadahelper:

A Coop work permit is a spearate document from the Study Permit. You can apply for both simultaneously , the only extra documentation needed is a letter from the Schools coop office that the student is in a coop program and as such a coop work permit is required . Last I checked , it’s free to apply . Alternatively , your kid could apply for the coop work permit after receiving a study permit. Validity of coop work permit is same as Study permit

Pls if your sponsor resides in the Uk and the account for sponsorship is a UK account, does it have any negative effect. (A reason for them to say you did not prove that you will come back because of your family ties)The sponsor travelled and didn't come back but is now a legal permanent resident?
How can someone request for a GCMS note?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:27am On Mar 15, 2018
GIFTY11:

Thanks for your input.
All the lands and houses where evaluated by a surveyor but they were in her fathers name; no deed of transfer but a notary letter was submitted declaring that she is his daughter.
Pls how can she order for the GCMS notes.?

For all intents and purposes, the land is still her dad's and she has not shown any evidence of your mentioning that she stands to inherit or the land has been bequeathed to her. So in the VOs eyes she has no assets. She should have a lawyer craft a Deed of Transfer Or a will. But first order GCMS notes so we are not preempting anything.
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 8:28am On Mar 15, 2018
A third class with 2-3 years working experience,any chances of getting into a masters program?

jnyuwa02:

Very, very difficult except he has some years of working experience in his intended field of study!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:30am On Mar 15, 2018
Nolongthang:

I know you will ask me to go and read the other passage of this thread but I kindly ask atleast show me a link to where I can get this Notes...
Nolongthang,
Use the below link to order for your GCMS Note. It goes for $5, but you will need a Permanent Residence of Canada, a citizenship , a Visitor, or a student who is legally residing in Canada to help order for this note. As it will require inputing their address on the form, filling the form and resending it back to them to order the note on your behalf.

Or better still, ask for the person's address over there in Canada, download the form and complete payment here in Nigeria.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:31am On Mar 15, 2018
GIFTY11:

Pls if your sponsor resides in the Uk and the account for sponsorship is a UK account, does it have any negative effect. (A reason for them to say you did not prove that you will come back because of your family ties)The sponsor travelled and didn't come back but is now a legal permanent resident?
How someone request for a GCMS note?

Better soonsorship and money you are showing VOs is in Nigerian bank account. But if that is what you have, that is what you have. Work hard in showing ties in Nigeria, immediate family members, property, social and professional connection to Nijia.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:33am On Mar 15, 2018
mightyola:
A third class with 2-3 years working experience,any chances of getting into a masters program?

No chance!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:37am On Mar 15, 2018
sthillz:

Thank you for your response but to get a masters admission is hard due to second class lower from the Bsc

True, even getting into a 2 year diploma is hard with second class lower. With the diploma course gotten, try and craft a winning SOP. Concentrate on showing why Diploma in your personal circumstance offers better opportunity than masters. This is doable if you are going for an area that requires niche specialization and vocational training.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:41am On Mar 15, 2018
bosaniger:

bosaniger,
Sir! This shouldn't be your worries for now. They can't deny your daughter visa because she is going for a co op program that requires work terms and academic terms. So many applicants has successfully secured their TRV with such program. So this should be the lest of your problem Sir. Your daughter only needs to proof that she is a bona-fide student that will return after the completion of her studies in Canada, the benefit of undertaking such program in Canada (SOP) and she will get her TRV approved.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:50am On Mar 15, 2018
mightyola:

I thought I answered this already. Sorry hate to say it, it would be like searching for a needle in a haystack. Infinitesimally likely to almost impossible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:56am On Mar 15, 2018
Moley22:

True,
Quite ironic because the guys over the counter will cross check each documents during the pre-submission and submission stage and reject the application if it doesn’t meet requirements so how’s December statement possible anyway?

Moley22,
I wonder why they didn't instruct him to get an updated statement. He should pray that the Visa officer that will be in charge of this application will be excessively drunk that very day, so as not to see this ERROR!!! All the same, we hope for a positive outcome on his application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:04am On Mar 15, 2018
sogima:
Hello house,

I submitted my application on Tuesday. Online application, I hope to get positive results.
Thank you for your direction because I was totally lost at first.
But meanwhile when I went for biometrics I left all I had in the car only went in with my documents because I thot it might be like other embassy that don’t allow phones and other documents expect the required documents and passport.

While on the process of my biometric I was asked to pay for 460 naira and I stated I had nothing on me that all was in the car, the lady in charge then mention that it was not mandatory that I could track my application using my tracker.

Now my question is , how effective is the tracker. Because I have been checking it since Tuesday and the results I see is NO RESULT FOUND.
sogima,
Online applicants can check/track the progress of their applications using their CIC account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:16am On Mar 15, 2018
Nolongthang:

Thanks for the response! I show a great deal of concern bro, back then no one wanna tender their account for me and I was closing on to a month to my program resumption so I had no choice My course is 2 years, and yes its an advancement to the work I have been doing for 4 years now
Nolongthang,

Don't always be in a hurry to submit your application. Make sure you have crossed all T's and dot all i's before submitting your application. So you can see that after rushing to submit your application, you were still denied, so in this case it makes no sense, the time, the stress, the money etc... was a waste!! Well, the deed has been done. For applicants in the same situation like this, please learn from this, don't always be in a haste to submit your application, if you haven't addressed the concerns of the visa officer on your previous denied application

So, on your next application try as much as possible to address the concerns of the visa officer on a different letter and list out things you have added on your new application, that weren't on the previous one.

Finally, Since you're heading for a 2 years program, get a sponsor to support your application, even though they never ticked Insufficient funds this time. You won't know what they might tick on your next application. So, endeavor to get a sponsor. Provide a good letter of intent that explains your intention to study.

All the best!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bosaniger: 9:17am On Mar 15, 2018
Canadahelper:

thanks for your response. Very helpful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by RAY12345(m): 9:18am On Mar 15, 2018
GlitteringStar:
Hello Everyone,

Kindly join the Express Entry thread if you are eligible (and your projected CRS score is high). My Canadian PR application has been approved. I will land as a domestic student. Express Entry is the REAL DEAL. smiley

I wish everyone the best.

Congrats GlitteringStar. Shine on.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKUPSME: 9:32am On Mar 15, 2018
Yeah congratulations

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.