Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,066 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (787356 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by myelims: 11:52pm On Mar 12, 2018
Bravo02:
HA BRO !!! WHAT IS THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CHEMISTRY AND BUSINESS ADMI LET ALONE ADDING YOUR 3 YEARS WORK EXPERIENCE JOIN ? THAT IS AUTOMATIC DENIAL ON ITS OWN...

Hey

Is okay for him to go for business Admin Masters ooo...

As long as is related to EITHER his work experience OR previous degree.

Many people have gotten their TRV with a degree that is ONLY related to their work experience.

It has nothing to do with ur rejection @chigrad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:15am On Mar 13, 2018
chibreezy:
Thank you so much Mr frank...please just a quick question sir, the mail I got stated [b];Your study permit application has been approved. If you applied via the VAC, a visa will be issued and your passport returned to you. If you applied online or had your passport withdrawn, you will be sent a passport request letter shortly..I did paper route so is my passport ready to b picked up or would I get a mail to dat effect..just to avoid me going dere twice..thanks ur response will b appreciated.
chibreezy,
You will get a notification mail stating your passport is ready for pickup at the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in the next 5-7 working days after your approval.

Congrats once again!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:32am On Mar 13, 2018
Bravo02:
HA BRO !!! WHAT IS THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CHEMISTRY AND BUSINESS ADMI LET ALONE ADDING YOUR 3 YEARS WORK EXPERIENCE JOIN ? THAT IS AUTOMATIC DENIAL ON ITS OWN...
Bravo02,

An applicant has been following a 3 years career progression that is reasonable inlight with their intending program and now wishes to study a masters degree in Canada to enhance career prospects in Nigeria. Please what made it an Automatic Refusal Sir?

Asapant:

Chemistry to business.. Pls. If I'm the V.O. I'll tear ur documents and throw them into damn trash Looooooooooooool grin grin grin grin That that's apparently a red flag.... While not choose a course that is in line with ur Bsc

Asapant,
Please don't laugh at someone's predicament, we are here to give answers, suggestions and proffer solutions to prospective applicants not to make mockery of their situation. Moreover the applicant has been following a career progression in his intending program. So I don't understand why you should say it's a red flag, or were you the one that planted the red flag on his application? Please lets try to make things easy for people here.
If you don't have answers to individual query, jump to the ones you have reasonable input on

Thank you!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 12:49am On Mar 13, 2018
Hello Gurus in the house!
I want to thank everybody who has been helpful these past days,may God continue to bless us all and grant us all our heartdesires!

I am confused as I have heard different opinions on sponsors sending money into the applicants account's few days or weeks to the application.
Is it advisable to send the money for the upkeep and tuition after the applicant has gained admission?or it will have adverse effect on the application for Study permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:58am On Mar 13, 2018
Barryston:
Hello Gurus in the house!
I want to thank everybody who has been helpful these past days,may God continue to bless us all and grant us all our heartdesires!

I am confused as I have heard different opinions on sponsors sending money into the applicants account's few days or weeks to the application.
Is it advisable to send the money for the upkeep and tuition after the applicant has gained admission?or it will have adverse effect on the application for Study permit?
Barryston,
Amen! to your prayers!

Transferring tuition and living expenses from sponsor account to that of the applicant can take place at any time, whether when an applicant has newly secured admission or towards the visa application. The most important aspects of all, is that you both must explain the source of funds and provide proof to it, i.e by submitting both Bank statements to evident that such amount of money really came out from your sponsors account and not from an unknown source. Possibly add the transfer receipts to your application and quote the date.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AyoPrudence(m): 12:59am On Mar 13, 2018
chibreezy:
Thank you so much Mr frank...please just a quick question sir, the mail I got stated [b];Your study permit application has been approved. If you applied via the VAC, a visa will be issued and your passport returned to you. If you applied online or had your passport withdrawn, you will be sent a passport request letter shortly..I did paper route so is my passport ready to b picked up or would I get a mail to dat effect..just to avoid me going dere twice..thanks ur response will b appreciated.
Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 1:05am On Mar 13, 2018
Ok thank you very much,you have been helpful
Frankrobbn1:

Barryston,
Amen! to your prayers!

Transferring tuition and living expenses from sponsor account to that of the applicant can take place at any time, whether when an applicant has newly secured admission or towards the visa application. The most important aspects of all, is that you both must explain the source of funds and provide proof to it, i.e by submitting both Bank statements to evident that such amount of money really came out from your sponsors account and not from an unknown source. Possibly add the transfer receipts to your application and quote the date.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chibreezy: 1:18am On Mar 13, 2018
Ok. Thanks Mr frank am grateful.
Frankrobbn1:
chibreezy,
You will get a notification mail stating your passport is ready for pickup at the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in the next 5-7 working days after your approval.

Congrats once again!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 6:16am On Mar 13, 2018
makano:
Hello house, am asking this question the second time. Please what other strong reason apart from having a 2:2 can one use to convince a VO his reason for going for PGD instead of Masters . Please those of u that have gotten ur visas with PGD, ur contribution will be greatly appreciated . Tnks

If your explanation rests that with 2.2 you can't get admission to a masters degree, it's a bad move. The VO would say you didn't even make it in Nigeria, why do you think you will make it in Canada where academics are much much tougher? So I say concentrate on talking about how PGD offers you specialization in your field of interest than a masters; how it would offer you long term earning potential than a masters. This argument is believable only if you are going for skills that require practicals and niche specialization. Specialty programs and occupation in essence. You can tailor your explanation in your SOP towards this. Best wishes!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by gbemiigbal: 9:32am On Mar 13, 2018
makano:
Woow.. Wss it Masters or PGD?

PGD In Human Resources.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayeopare(m): 9:56am On Mar 13, 2018
ayeopare:
Please I need to submit a new paper application. Please how do I enter my UCI Number as an old applicant, the number is 10 digits and I can only enter 8 digits in the form with me.

Pls can anyone please help me out with my issue.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 1:33pm On Mar 13, 2018
Thanks Bro, on point.
jnyuwa02:

If your explanation rests that with 2.2 you can't get admission to a masters degree, it's a bad move. The VO would say you didn't even make it in Nigeria, why do you think you will make it in Canada where academics are much much tougher? So I say concentrate on talking about how PGD offers you specialization in your field of interest than a masters; how it would offer you long term earning potential than a masters. This argument is believable only if you are going for skills that require practicals and niche specialization. Specialty programs and occupation in essence. You can tailor your explanation in your SOP towards this. Best wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 1:34pm On Mar 13, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Bravo02,

An applicant has been following a 3 years career progression that is reasonable inlight with their intending program and now wishes to study a masters degree in Canada to enhance career prospects in Nigeria. Please what made it an Automatic Refusal Sir?

Asapant,
Please don't laugh at someone's predicament, we are here to give answers, suggestions and proffer solutions to prospective applicants not to make mockery of their situation. Moreover the applicant has been following a career progression in his intending program. So I don't understand why you should say it's a red flag, or were you the one that planted the red flag on his application? Please lets try to make things easy for people here.
If you don't have answers to individual query, jump to the ones you have reasonable input on

Thank you!

I'm sorry man for my wrong action..

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 1:38pm On Mar 13, 2018
For those of you against PGD getting Visa,this is another example of PGD applicants getting their visa in a space of 3 weeks. To all PGD applicants, do not be discouraged.
gbemiigbal:

PGD In Human Resources.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 1:53pm On Mar 13, 2018
Once again guys. I'm so so sorry.. I promise not to laugh at anyone on this forum again..

Trv fall on us soonest by God's grace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ivan12: 2:21pm On Mar 13, 2018
Asapant:
Once again guys. I'm so so sorry.. I promise not to laugh at anyone on this forum again..

AMEN!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 2:43pm On Mar 13, 2018
olugere:
Thank you sir, this your explanation is very good it open my eyes I must confess, am grateful sir, pls the issue of transfer of ownership ownership from father Inlaw to son in-laws, because my wife is my in-laws first born, so I think it a little bit reasonable that he want to transfer his property to me and my wife.

Plz sir, can you expantiate about transferring process?

Get a lawyer, he/she will help you draft a Deed of Transfer that commences such a transfer of land from your relative to you. You can then initiate through the state, a change in certificate of occupancy to your name. Survey plans and valuations remains the same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 2:55pm On Mar 13, 2018
Any Algonquin college prospect In the house ?? Let's talk
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by annaliese88: 3:33pm On Mar 13, 2018
Hello everyone. Please what do I do if I can not find the medical slip I used last year in my application? I want to use it in my new application. The medical result is valid for a year right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by WEIRDPC(m): 3:47pm On Mar 13, 2018
annaliese88:
Hello everyone. Please what do I do if I can not find the medical slip I used last year in my application? I want to use it in my new application. The medical result is valid for a year right?

Contact the Hospital and politely ask for the slip to be sent to your mail.

Questions like date of the examination and passport number will be asked.
Depends on who attends to you and how well you can negotiate, they might charge a token to do that or do it totally free of charge
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JoseJonn(f): 4:02pm On Mar 13, 2018
smiley smiley smiley wink smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by OFFICIALAEL: 4:36pm On Mar 13, 2018
Good day all.
In anticipation of TRV application, Can one have his/her medical done on a weekend or do any of the authorized medical centers attend to people on a weekend?
My reason for asking is I will be applying soon. I go to work week days and I don’t want to do upfront medical. I just want to be sure that when the time comes, I can attend to medical call on a weekend.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 13, 2018
What do you want, am one do you want to give me money, I have admissions for September energy management postgraduate diploma

Asapant:
Any Algonquin college prospect In the house ?? Let's talk

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 4:40pm On Mar 13, 2018
Will there be any hindrance in me getting a study permit, if One of my siblings(Elder Brother) and his immediate family has been granted PR through the express entry Path,having included my name as one his siblings during his documentation. Is it something i should mention?. Or just include his name normally in the Family details Section of the Form?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 5:01pm On Mar 13, 2018
olugere:
What do you want, am one do you want to give me money, I have admissions for September energy management postgraduate diploma

Thank God, no be only me dey go Algonquin...

Lool. Money . No bro.. I'll give u money when we get to Ottawa

I need a vital info from u.. Were u given a deadline to make tuition payment, and can did I pay for 1 year or 1st semestes tuition fee ?? As i plan to pay 1 year fee at once.. Thanks for ur response ..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 13, 2018
Have u been given admissions letter, all condition will be in your admission letter, lik

Asapant:

Thank God, no be only me dey go Algonquin...

Lool. Money . No bro.. I'll give u money when we get to Ottawa

I need a vital info from u.. Were u given a deadline to make tuition payment, and can did I pay for 1 year or 1st semestes tuition fee ?? As i plan to pay 1 year fee at once.. Thanks for ur response ..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 13, 2018
Since you are applying for study permit, be silent about this I. Sop but include it in family birth certificates, don't let them know you have somebody in canada, unless you want to do Express entry

mightyola:
Will there be any hindrance in me getting a study permit, if One of my siblings(Elder Brother) and his immediate family has been granted PR through the express entry Path,having included my name as one his siblings during his documentation. Is it something i should mention?. Or just include his name normally in the Family details Section of the Form?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 5:57pm On Mar 13, 2018
Asapant:

Amen! Your sins are forgiven by the gurus in the house. Go and sin no more.

Shalom!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 6:23pm On Mar 13, 2018
mightyola:

No concerns, mention him as one of your siblings, you will be fine. Make sure in your Statement of Explanation to aptly argue why you will come back to Nigeria to help develop your motherland.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 6:27pm On Mar 13, 2018
OFFICIALAEL:
Good day all.
In anticipation of TRV application, Can one have his/her medical done on a weekend or do any of the authorized medical centers attend to people on a weekend?
My reason for asking is I will be applying soon. I go to work week days and I don’t want to do upfront medical. I just want to be sure that when the time comes, I can attend to medical call on a weekend.

You are better off waiting for them to call you for medicals that way you are not dashing all your money out to them if TRV is not guaranteed. You have 30 days to show up for the medicals or face your TRV been denied. The medicals centers are open only on weekdays, so ditch work or take permission and go do your medicals if you are serious about going to school in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chkb: 7:31pm On Mar 13, 2018
Hello house, what can I possibly put as my home tie. Mum not based here and am presently not working.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.