Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,145 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Why You Shouldn't Customize Your Facebook Name - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Shouldn't Customize Your Facebook Name (20070 Views)

What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die / "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder / Official Video!! How To Make Your Facebook Name Become Invisible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Shouldn't Customize Your Facebook Name by obatoro: 6:15pm On Mar 10, 2018
So why not use your real name here on Nairaland?

Re: Why You Shouldn't Customize Your Facebook Name by Coldfeets: 7:18pm On Mar 10, 2018
sketcherJ:
cos i am not.. wink

Sorry, but why are you not? cheesy
Re: Why You Shouldn't Customize Your Facebook Name by LaudableXX: 8:00pm On Mar 10, 2018
zarakikenpa:
Pls don't mislead job seekers o. There was an instance where two guys sailed through all stages of interview including medicals and the company needed to employ just one. Right in front of the MD they were asked to identify their social media accounts to peruse what type of content they posted. So aside the name and picture, what you post on social media can be used against you.

Oga, I am not misleading job seekers. sad I know quite a few people who were employed by big multinationals, yet they lacked a social media account. I am one of them. Only lazy HR people or clueless bosses depend on a person's Facebook account, for hiring purposes. So, does having a social media account prove you can do the job excellently? Before social media gained ground, how was the hiring process conducted? If they are insistent on a social media account, I will direct them to Linkedin, or Quora. If that is not enough for them, tough luck. It shows that organisation is rather unserious....and such organisations enthrone mediocrity, instead of value.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Customize Your Facebook Name by oxon(m): 10:40pm On Mar 10, 2018
SleekyP:
Adron Homes and Properties Limited still Selling....
Deposit as low as 100k and spread the remaining balance for the period of 14months...you also get a bag of rice and 2chicken for this Easter grin grin
Call me for more info 08148450760
location?
Re: Why You Shouldn't Customize Your Facebook Name by okusman(m): 11:00pm On Mar 10, 2018
SleekyP:
Adron Homes and Properties Limited still Selling....
Deposit as low as 100k and spread the remaining balance for the period of 14months...you also get a bag of rice and 2chicken for this Easter grin grin
Call me for more info 08148450760

I know that my family's case against this man in court will end in praise... Mofo, buying people's land without proper confirmation...

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Customize Your Facebook Name by SleekyP(m): 11:22pm On Mar 10, 2018
oxon:
location?
Lagos (Lekki), Abuja, Ibadan, Ogun state
Re: Why You Shouldn't Customize Your Facebook Name by SleekyP(m): 11:24pm On Mar 10, 2018
okusman:

I know that my family's case against this man in court will end in praise... Mofo, buying people's land without proper confirmation...

Please explain more further to your claim and what's the case number? undecided
Re: Why You Shouldn't Customize Your Facebook Name by nduprincekc1: 2:34am On Mar 11, 2018
MA Fb name is since d same since day1 ....

girls and their mumu nature....

buy cheap mtn data bundle.....
2gb...1100. 5gb...2700

08120026492....call or Whatsapp me.

ma proves
Fb...
ma Facebook page is kc Emma.
YouTube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIFQzgbDO2A

remain blessed
Re: Why You Shouldn't Customize Your Facebook Name by Ayiibobo(m): 5:52am On Mar 11, 2018
thesicilian:
One solid reason why I customize mine: I don't want to be found by every Tom, Dick and Harry looking for me. If I need you I'll find you.
yeye dey smell,.....u be cuppy?
Re: Why You Shouldn't Customize Your Facebook Name by zarakikenpa(m): 3:00pm On Mar 11, 2018
LaudableXX:

Oga, I am not misleading job seekers. sad I know quite a few people who were employed by big multinationals, yet they lacked a social media account. I am one of them. Only lazy HR people or clueless bosses depend on a person's Facebook account, for hiring purposes. So, does having a social media account prove you can do the job excellently? Before social media gained ground, how was the hiring process conducted? If they are insistent on a social media account, I will direct them to Linkedin, or Quora. If that is not enough for them, tough luck. It shows that organisation is rather unserious....and such organisations enthrone mediocrity, instead of value.

I'm not saying all organizations make these checks but its a fact that some of them do. Times have changed and everybody cannot behave in like manner. For the job seekers, better safe than sorry.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Here Comes The Infinix Hot Note Pro / Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos / Gionee M3 Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.