Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,791 members, 7,831,555 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone (26316 Views)

How To Track A Stolen TECNO Or Infinix Phone / My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic / How Can I Track My Stolen Tecno Camon CM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by olahero(m): 7:43am On Mar 13, 2018
It is Network providers that are helping Police Officer to track lost phones with the phone IMEI, they don't have any machine to track lost phone and they will charge you 10-15k per phone, even after found the phone for you, they might still demand for extral charges also the thief or innocent buyer of stolling phone will also pay lots.

NPF are the worst.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by sainttwist1(m): 7:44am On Mar 13, 2018
NigeriaBam:
Report to Police headquarter in your area, go with your Receipt, Lost Phone Cartoon (IMEI at the back ) and they will collect #15,000 to help you track.. They have tracking device at the Police Headquarter to track it.
follow that advice if the phone is important....
Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by seanswitch(m): 7:47am On Mar 13, 2018
NigeriaBam:
Report to Police headquarter in your area, go with your Receipt, Lost Phone Cartoon (IMEI at the back ) and they will collect #15,000 to help you track.. They have tracking device at the Police Headquarter to track it.

Though some people won't believe but what's up �here is true. Thieves entered my house and stole my phone. Three months after my friend in Sokoto Police Department came on holiday and I told him how I lost my phone. I didn't even have the IMEI number. All I gave him was my phone number. Surprisingly, two days after he got to Sokoto, he called to give me the new number using my phone now.
I took up the investigation and tracked the guys with the two phones, arrested them myself and took them to the nearest divisional station.

Though over 8 months on, the police have not been able to close the case and I've opted out of the annoying court process.

I have one of my phone back and I'm glad the police now have the capacity to track phones effectively.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by churchee: 7:48am On Mar 13, 2018
Why won't you leave the thief enjoy his hard earned property?

You think it's easy to steal and yet suppress your conscience?
Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by Butoneday2(m): 7:51am On Mar 13, 2018
Just forget it?
Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by Hotzone(m): 7:53am On Mar 13, 2018
blazesam:
I wish to know how to get to my phone. Please any assistance from any where or body?
Depending on your location, value of the phone and your commitment to arrest who ever that is involved, u chat me up ASAP!!!!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by Hotzone(m): 7:55am On Mar 13, 2018
olahero:
It is Network providers that are helping Police Officer to track lost phones with the phone IMEI, they don't have any machine to track lost phone and they will charge you 10-15k per phone, even after found the phone for you, they might still demand for extral charges also the thief or innocent buyer of stolling phone will also pay lots.

NPF are the worst.
Ignorance is not an excuse and stop bragging about lack of knowledge or displaying your ignorance to discerning public!!!!!
Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by Kulheaded: 7:58am On Mar 13, 2018
If you have a gmail account, just google find my android phone to view the link. You will be asked to login to your gmail account. If the phone's location is on, you may be able to see where it is. You can either trace it and ring the phone when you get there or erase your documents from it and move on.
Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by MistadeRegal(m): 7:58am On Mar 13, 2018
martineverest:
stop misinforming ppl

Ok.
I've heard you.
I give up.
Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by MistadeRegal(m): 8:00am On Mar 13, 2018
seanswitch:

Though some people won't believe but what's up �here is true. Thieves entered my house and stole my phone. Three months after my friend in Sokoto Police Department came on holiday and I told him how I lost my phone. I didn't even have the IMEI number. All I gave him was my phone number. Surprisingly, two days after he got to Sokoto, he called to give me the new number using my phone now.
I took up the investigation and tracked the guys with the two phones, arrested them myself and took them to the nearest divisional station.

Though over 8 months on, the police have not been able to close the case and I've opted out of the annoying court process.

I have one of my phone back and I'm glad the police now have the capacity to track phones effectively.

If this is true, then I'm impressed.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by maasoap(m): 8:10am On Mar 13, 2018
MistadeRegal:
Police in Nigeria can't do any it about your lost phone.
Do you know how many phones with vital information I've lost and till today they remain missing?
Take heart bro.
Go get another and try be more careful.
What steps did you take to get any of them back? Like you were told, stopping misinforming the public. Many phones have been found and many thieves and murderers have been caught simply by phones tracking. It is just that we usually choose to let go whenever we lose our phones.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by GrammarCheck: 8:11am On Mar 13, 2018
blazesam:
I wish to know how to get to my phone. Please any assistance from any where or body?

Ask google.

For real.
If you had gmail on your phone just use another device, log into your gmail then ask google, "where is my phone?" It will give you the location of all the phones connected to your email

1 Like

Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by SirLakes: 8:14am On Mar 13, 2018
Keep searching, you will see it one day grin
Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by bidemz(m): 8:16am On Mar 13, 2018
GrammarCheck:

Ask google.

For real.
If you had gmail on your phone just use another device, log into your gmail then ask google, "where is my phone?" It will give you the location of all the phones connected to your email
Lol... you dey craze oo
Funny enough no one could help OP recover his phone
Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by Softmojo(m): 8:20am On Mar 13, 2018
guy just buy a new fone and move on.

friends or personal acquaintances in Nigerian Police Force or DSS can easily track your fone using the IMEI but ur fone is tecno and thieves sef don wise up these days. it takes just minutes to change IMEI on a tecno fone. So unless u are extremely lucky, ur fone is just as good as gone now.

next time leave china or MTK and buy a good phone. grin

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by fxjohn2: 8:27am On Mar 13, 2018
It is not a big deal to track your phone and even lock it. But you must have your location app on before it was stolen. And who says police can't do this?
Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by Austin234(m): 8:32am On Mar 13, 2018
How?
Oluwapeldon:
You can also try & use ur gmail to trace it on desktop
Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by Osquarefryo(m): 8:32am On Mar 13, 2018
[quote author=olahero post=65789193]It is Network providers that are helping Police Officer to track lost phones with the phone IMEI, they don't have any machine to track lost phone and they will charge you 10-15k per phone, even after found the phone for you, they might still demand for extral charges also the thief or innocent buyer of stolling phone will also pay lots.

NPF are the worst. [/quot
Ignorance at work
Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 13, 2018
BrainnewsNg:
OP simply do this..

1. Let go of the phone

2. Buy a new one, maybe more advance

3. Stop being careless, deactivate excessive trust on people

4. Wise up, delete some friends, hard drugs, alcohol

5. Grow up

6. Thank me later..
The way people make assumptions about others. . . undecided

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by dam007(m): 8:41am On Mar 13, 2018
NigeriaBam:
cartoon ko, animation ni angry undecided op berra goan buy nu fone jejeley, before police go use your money com tell you story again.
Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by seanswitch(m): 8:48am On Mar 13, 2018
MistadeRegal:

If this is true, then I'm impressed.

Surprisingly true
Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by codedearner(m): 8:50am On Mar 13, 2018
NAWA, na only thief thief dey rock naija now from all angles
Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by amakaamanda(f): 8:51am On Mar 13, 2018
TRACING A MISSING OR STOLEN PHONE.

If you lose your mobile phone, you can trace it without going to the police.

Most of us always fear that our phones may be stolen at any time.

Each phone carries a unique

IMEI no. i.e. International Mobile Equipment Identity No which can be used to track it anywhere in the world.

This is how it works:

1. Dial *#06# from your mobile.

2. Your mobile phone shows a unique 15 digit.

3. Note down this number at a secure place except in your mobile phone itself as this is the number which will help trace your phone in case of theft.

4. Once stolen, just E-mail this 15 digit IMEI No. to cop@vsnl.net with details as stated below:

Your name:____________________

Address:______________________

Phone model:_________________

Make:_________________________

Last used No.:_________________

E-mail for communication:_____

Missed date:___________________

IMEI No :_______________________

5.Your Mobile will be traced within next 24 hours via a complex system of GPRS and internet, You will find where your hand set is being operated and the new user's No. will be sent to your email.

6. After this, you can inform the Police with the details you now have.

I hope this helps. .

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by Bester44(m): 8:54am On Mar 13, 2018
DannyJ19:
Go and meet BaBa ifafunminiwo in ile-ife the phone would be returned within 42hrs..

Don't thank me..

Do you mean this?
Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by WhiteLavender(f): 9:11am On Mar 13, 2018
sekundosekundo:

If you know your IMEI number and have evidence of ownership you're good to go. Just contact TECNO office.
Hi, someone told me the same thing about tracking via tecno office, please how possible is this? Have you tried it before? Dont want to raise my hope for nothing.
Thanks
Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by donkayze(m): 9:24am On Mar 13, 2018
do u have gmail account on the phone? if yes use this link https://myaccount.google.com/intro/find-your-phone?pli=1
Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by emonkey(m): 9:25am On Mar 13, 2018
blazesam:

Bros all you can do is to at least pray for the thief na. You think it is easy to decide to steal Techno phone? cry cry cry
Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by Jamorezzi: 9:34am On Mar 13, 2018
How much is the phone before we waste all our advice finish #eyescovered
Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by ibori1(m): 9:41am On Mar 13, 2018
NigeriaBam:

lol

Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by krezorn: 10:08am On Mar 13, 2018
Drop your bank account number let me send you money to buy another phone
Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:25am On Mar 13, 2018
@OP...
this can only happen when we have a well structure police, biometric synchronized working database and geographical information systems that is updated all over the country.. its the only thing that can bring your phone back..unless your phone is an iPhone. ...

we can wait till 2050...maybe Nigeria will be GIS enabled then..
Re: How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone by aleshmotors: 10:42am On Mar 13, 2018
[quote author=MistadeRegal post=65788979]Police in Nigeria can't do any it about your lost phone.
Do you know how many phones with vital information I've lost and till today they remain missing?
Take heart bro.
Go get another and try be more careful. [/quote

Go to police headquarter in ur area and ask for anti kidnapping office deir. Hold d fine imie no and receipt along,u will thank me later

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Memory Cards (SD) Not Detected On Mobile Phones Solved / Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones / Get 50mb For #100 Naira Only On Mtn !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.