Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,466 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Are Christians Really Not Forced To Pay Tithe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Christians Really Not Forced To Pay Tithe? (759 Views)

Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? / Stephanie Otobo Says She Was Not Forced To Confess At Apostle Suleiman's Church / Should Christians Really Engage In Dating?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Christians Really Not Forced To Pay Tithe? by Grupo(m): 5:02pm On Mar 10, 2018
Whenever the issue of tithing is raised and how pastors force members to pay tithe, many people often say that nobody is being forced to pay tithe. However, I stand to disagree, people are being forced to pay tithe and I'll explain below.

If a thief comes to your house and points a gun to your head and asks you to give him your money, and you give the thief your money, did the armed robber force you? Many could argue that the thief forced you but in reality, he didn't force you. He only manipulated your willpower.

The thief indirectly forced you to part with your money because you believe and know that his gun is powerful to destroy you. That's indirect force.

Similarly, if a pastor threatens you with curses to drop your money. Has he forced you?
Like the armed robber, the pastor indirectly forced you to part with your money because you believe and is conscious that the curse of God is mighty to destroy you as a Christian, and you also want to reap the "non existent" blessings. Again, another case of manipulation of one's willpower.

So as an armed manipulates your free will, so does a pastor. To me, that is using indirect force.

These are my submissions, please counter them with facts and not emotions.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Christians Really Not Forced To Pay Tithe? by greatnaija01: 5:23pm On Mar 10, 2018
maybe u attend churches of uneducated uninformed pastor...but I can speak of COZA, DAYSTAR AND GOSPEL PILLAR CHURCH.

No one forces anyone to PAY... if u like do not pay... yet projects get done in BIG WAYS because people who get BLESSED WILL ALWAYS GIVE.

so my question to u is WHO FORCED OR MANIPULATED YOU TO WRITE THIS POST?

Paying or not Paying tithe will not shift your place in heaven.... If anyone gives in the name of God, he gets a BLESSING... whether 10% or 10000%.

YOU ARE IN NO PLACE TO JUDGE ANOTHER MAN'S SERVANT.
This talk n hype on tithe should END. There are souls to be won and the gospel is beyond this crappy old wives fables.

Grupo:
Whenever the issue of tithing is raised and how pastors force members to pay tithe, many people often say that nobody is being forced to pay tithe. However, I stand to disagree, people are being forced to pay tithe and I'll explain below.

If a thief comes to your house and points a gun to your head and asks you to give him your money, and you give the thief your money, did the armed robber force you? Many could argue that the thief forced you but in reality, he didn't force you. He only manipulated your willpower.

The thief indirectly forced you to part with your money because you believe and know that his gun is powerful to destroy you. That's indirect force.

Similarly, if a pastors threatens you with curses to drop your money. Has he forced you?
Like the armed robber, the pastor indirectly forced you to part with your money because you believe and is conscious that the curse of God is mighty to destroy you as a Christian, and you also want to reap the "non existent" blessings. Again, another case of manipulation of one's willpower.

So as an armed manipulates your free will, so does a pastor. To me, that is using indirect force.

2 Likes

Re: Are Christians Really Not Forced To Pay Tithe? by Mariangeles(f): 5:54pm On Mar 10, 2018
Grupo:

Similarly, if a pastors threatens you with curses to drop your money. Has he forced you?

Enough with this obsession!
Give it up already!

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Really Not Forced To Pay Tithe? by eddy1977(m): 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2018
Mariangeles:
Enough with this obsession!
Give it up already!

I hope you realize that the OP has to right to hang on to his "obsession", and post it on Nairaland as many times as He/ She chooses... cool

3 Likes

Re: Are Christians Really Not Forced To Pay Tithe? by tellmemore15: 7:49pm On Mar 10, 2018
ignorant people every where, talking about something you know nothing about.

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Really Not Forced To Pay Tithe? by Grupo(m): 8:34am On Mar 11, 2018
Lalasticlala, OAM4J, seun. Frontpage please.
Re: Are Christians Really Not Forced To Pay Tithe? by Uyi168: 8:39am On Mar 11, 2018
Its more of a psychological coercion..

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Would The Law Of Blasphemy Count If You Are An Atheist? / Megathread About Responses From Lucifer Himself / Why Would Sinners Go To Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.