Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 (22767 Views)

Kenneth Okonkwo Unveils His Enugu Governorship Poster (Photos) / Chris Baywood Ibe Endorses Kenneth Okonkwo For Enugu Governorship Race / "Why I Am Running For Second Term" — Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by dignity33: 6:01pm On Mar 10, 2018
Good product but have to wait for 2023 but as for APC is no go area if you are serious of winning election in enugu come 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by Pope22(m): 6:02pm On Mar 10, 2018
purplejuli:

Do you think he stand a chance to emerge Enugu state’s next governor?

Source: http://www.042expressng.com/2018/03/kenneth-okonkwo-why-im-running-for-enugu-governorship.html

cc: Lalasticlala

NO

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by mybestlove(m): 6:12pm On Mar 10, 2018
MicheyJ1:
We are not foolish people in Enugu. We will never make the same mistake imolites made. Apc is a Satanic party that we the easterners need to rejec. Okorocha would be the last Apc governor in the south east

Bro, Okorocha didn't win the Imo election. Everyone could testify to that
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by kenodrill: 6:12pm On Mar 10, 2018
Day dreamer....
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by Harfisco(m): 6:13pm On Mar 10, 2018
ogbeni. please get your self a sit and use it
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by lastchild: 6:13pm On Mar 10, 2018
purplejuli:
Veteran Nollywood actor and lawyer Kenneth Okonkwo has confirmed that he is indeed serious about his plan to venture into politics.

in a recent chat with TS Weekender, the actor said he decided to run because he is unhappy by the approach the incumbent governor of Enjugu state, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi is using to rule Enugu.

His words:

Ugwuanyi’s style is all about mounting billboards and renting crowd, the more you look, the less you see.

“We will take things step by step. We have just taken the first step; there would be a lot to let out of the bag in due course. My people from the entire Enugu North have just presented me to the party as their candidate. That was the first step.”

Ironically, Okonkwo, who declared on the platform of All Progressives Congress (APC), campaigned vigorously for the incumbent governor back in 2015.

Those supporting Okonkwo’s include former Enugu Governor Sullivan Chime, Voice of Nigeria boss, Osita Okechukwu, Ex-APC governorship candidate Oke Ezea and former Enugu House Of Assembly speaker, Eugene Odo.

Do you think he stand a chance to emerge Enugu state’s next governor?

Source: http://www.042expressng.com/2018/03/kenneth-okonkwo-why-im-running-for-enugu-governorship.html

cc: Lalasticlala
he killed his political ambition the day he opened his mouth and criticized biafra

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by fredpeter(m): 6:19pm On Mar 10, 2018
Andy I like you but for that Godforsaken party you joined I don't know what to say plz join apga instead and pack our votes

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 10, 2018
For the money
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by babtoundey(m): 6:25pm On Mar 10, 2018
Imagine people rejecting seaming capable hands at the poll because of party bias coming to bemoan the death of democracy and development in their region.

Nigeria will not grow until will learn to jettison this syndrome of "our-son-politics". Lets the best hands be there regardless of his party flag, tribe or belief.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by LZAA: 6:26pm On Mar 10, 2018
Ugwuanyi’s style is all about mounting billboards and renting crowd, the more you look, the less you see.

This is actually true but....
ken like ugwuanyi is from nsukka
APC is DOA in 042
cc imhotep
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by adecz: 6:26pm On Mar 10, 2018
Best wishes to him...
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by PeaceGord: 6:36pm On Mar 10, 2018
*in Nsukka dialect*

The guy b at'r.

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by Smarkie: 6:40pm On Mar 10, 2018
dead on arrival

2 Likes

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by ariesbull: 6:51pm On Mar 10, 2018
lastchild:
he killed his political ambition the day he opened his mouth and criticized biafra

How you take know ....that was why I said he should go and sit down

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by blastac: 6:57pm On Mar 10, 2018
Is nsukka de only place u know in Enugu .. all those things dat u see in Enugu city and oda parts are done by Sullivan. Gburu gburu is only working in nsukka..
De last tym he came to new market nobody even went to see him. De traders and keke riders were just busy doing dia job while touts and primary school students surrounded him. Trust me enter De city of Enugu and ask around u would see dat few people fancy gburu gburu.. and also talking of light de street light done 4 us by oga Sullivan is now malfunctioning de gburu gburu no wan repair or maintain am.

Pope22:
Ugwuanyi has won the hearts of all Enugu north including nsukka where Kenneth okonkwo comes from. The kind of road with street lights ugwuanyi has given Enugu north is 2nd to know. Anytime ugwuanyi visits nsukka, no market in nsukka will open, its not a tented crowd..he is simply loved by Enugu people. Am from anambra but reside in nsukka and I envy nsukka people cus of the kind of work ugwuanyi does there.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by Gkemz: 6:59pm On Mar 10, 2018
I like his personality but i hate the party and so long as he remains under APC's unbrella hardly can he win

2 Likes

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 10, 2018
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by Pope22(m): 7:10pm On Mar 10, 2018
blastac:
Is nsukka de only place u know in Enugu .. all those things dat u see in Enugu city and oda parts are done by Sullivan. Gburu gburu is only working in nsukka..
De last tym he came to new market nobody even went to see him. De traders and keke riders were just busy doing dia job while touts and primary school students surrounded him. Trust me enter De city of Enugu and ask around u would see dat few people fancy gburu gburu.. and also talking of light de street light done 4 us by oga Sullivan is now malfunctioning de gburu gburu no wan repair or maintain am

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by Pope22(m): 7:12pm On Mar 10, 2018
blastac:
De last tym he came to new market nobody even went to see him. De traders and keke riders were just busy doing dia job while touts and primary school students surrounded him. Trust me enter De city of Enugu and ask around u would see dat few people fancy gburu gburu.. and also talking of light de street light done 4 us by oga Sullivan is now malfunctioning de gburu gburu no wan repair or maintain am.

You don't know Enugu state politics, if you do, you won't be saying all these. Let me give you a hint. Enugu state politics is a selfish political system, Enugu state politics is...go and develop your place. When chimaroke and Sullivan were governors, not even a single road in enugu north was rehabilitated not to talk of constructing. They were busy concentrating on UDI and agbani, thats Enugu state politics for you. Gburubguru is from Enugu north and what Sullivan told him when he was handed over to him was gburubguru go and build your place. Believe me, he is not failing or disappointing them.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by nkwuocha: 7:19pm On Mar 10, 2018
We don't want APC in the south East. IMO state will correct their mistakes in the next election.

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by OneKinGuy(m): 7:29pm On Mar 10, 2018
You see where you Easterners failed it badly, you see whu you people will never make a president in the country, you see why other tribes hate you people,
do you think making politics athing of tribalism will lead u people any where? NO

Keep using one party to secure your small 5 states while every other party gets the presidential sit. NONSENSE
MicheyJ1:
We are not foolish people in Enugu. We will never make the same mistake imolites made. Apc is a Satanic party that we the easterners need to reject . Okorocha would be the last Apc governor in the south east
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by mKc9ET(m): 7:35pm On Mar 10, 2018
He will never win that seat in his entire life with APC

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by Sir2rexninefour(m): 7:38pm On Mar 10, 2018
Ohamadike Part 2! lipsrsealed
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by Masterdeking(m): 7:42pm On Mar 10, 2018
His immediate brother, Ohamadike who contested for many years without wining has decamped to PDP. Ohamadike said that the incumbent Governor is the only person that has the interest of Ndi Enugu at heart. He said that gburugburu has achieved the goals he wanted to achieve when he was contesting for governor that is why he joined PDP as the only viable party. He stated this in Nsukka during the inauguration of Gburu Gburu movement

This has shown that his family do not support him. Kenneth is on his own.

2 Likes

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by keneck1: 7:42pm On Mar 10, 2018
oloripelebe2:
Contesting on the platform of APC.. ..flatin oos gat no love for that useless party grin grin
pls tell us the useful party,probably pdp,hahahahaha i sorry for you.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by keneck1: 7:44pm On Mar 10, 2018
YOUNGrapha:

I CAN'T SAY YEA OR NAH

BUT TRUST ME APC IN ENUGU STATE ISN'T SELLABLE.

from eziagu-->augwu-->nkanu-->orji-->ude-->Igbo eze-->Enugu south & Enugu north THE ANSWER IS NO!!!

don't know about his brethren from Nsukka, .......
hahahaha election is very much around the corner you go shock hahahaha.ka odi
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by TheKingdom: 7:46pm On Mar 10, 2018
REJECT THIS SELFISH FOOL!!!

So he rejected his people (IPOB) all because he was gunning on running for governor, just like the actor Edochie because his son was planning on running for Governor as well.

REJECT THESE SELFISH FOOLS

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by chineduemmao: 8:40pm On Mar 10, 2018
U mean dis mpama dat doesnt support biafra?

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by chineduemmao: 8:43pm On Mar 10, 2018
babtoundey:
Imagine people rejecting seaming capable hands at the poll because of party bias coming to bemoan the death of democracy and development in their region.

Nigeria will not grow until will learn to jettison this syndrome of "our-son-politics". Lets the best hands be there regardless of his party flag, tribe or belief.
party flag is actually an ideology, so should be considered
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by FisifunKododada: 8:43pm On Mar 10, 2018
The good people of Enugu must reject this fraud. Enugu seriously needs to move forward. And what is needed is a capable technocrat not some washed up B-grade actor looking to come back into the limelight.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 by mustybaba55(m): 9:11pm On Mar 10, 2018
my favorite actor ever, May GOD give you the opportunity

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres / What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season / Buhari Jailed Me 18 Months For Being Wealthy —anenih

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.