Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,691 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University (26130 Views)

United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days / CBN Offers Automatic Employment To Ebonyi First-Class Graduates Of Economics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by Newboss(m): 8:27pm On Mar 10, 2018
radiokilla:
First class working in a bank? People don't get it that every first class material is meant to be in the classroom not in the field.
What do I know sef.
You are one of the problems with Nigeria. angry

Not everyone can teach or even deliver lectures. angry Some are nerds. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by AONO: 8:30pm On Mar 10, 2018
BRAVO
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 10, 2018
iHart:
Business strategy...
POSSIBLY to sack them next 4months and recruit them again.....useless people

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by IamDarkKnight: 8:30pm On Mar 10, 2018
aspirebig:
That employment will tie them down....
They better seek PhD studies in foreign universities and in 3 to 4 years, they are out and live a better life....

First class is on the increase in the country. ..

There are many fully funded PhD programmes in the western world.

Lecturing will be a better option, or even a consultant .

Though it is one thing to make first class and another to be successful in your chosen profession.
True, write GRE apply for PhD, get funded. I wish someone gave me this advise earlier

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by Felixdam1: 8:41pm On Mar 10, 2018
greatjoshy:
Good
Wonderful move, it's very good... It will help motivate them and other students.
But I think first class graduates are supposed to be automatically retained as teachers in very high ranking public schools or retained as lecturers so that they can maximally impact knowledge to others and help improve our national academic standard

It is not all first class than can teach or impact very well. I'd rather they are being sent to various research center to be maximally optimized and they would derive satisfaction from it
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by Innov8ve1: 8:45pm On Mar 10, 2018
So a firstlclass mechanical, computer, chemical, engineering graduate will dump his dreams to work in a bank after keeping late nights to read? Ridiculous
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 10, 2018
Gerrard59:

Fallacious claim. Only you meant that not everyone.

So they should stay in classrooms, so you'll come and accuse them of just being lecturers after graduation even with their first class?

We would not take it! grin
Square pegs in round holes, I guess. You're a typical Nigerian. Where will the accountants and finance graduate work if Engineers are cashiers?
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 10, 2018
AZeD1:

Who told you the bold part?

Common sense suggest so.
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 10, 2018
Newboss:
You are one of the problems with Nigeria. angry

Not everyone can teach or even deliver lectures. angry Some are nerds. angry
But all the first class graduates in Gombe state can work in a bank, eh.

I command sense to fall on you.
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by sinola(m): 8:55pm On Mar 10, 2018
1nigeriamyfoot:
hw old r u boy? u no do economics as a subject 4 skul? I be science student too so economics dey among d subject u go do. factors of production be Land, Labour, Capital & Entreprenurer. Reward for Land is Appreciation, Reward for Labour na HUGE PAY wey dem dey call WAGES/SALARY. if you go for job interview & you tell employer sey u r nt after d money, my brother dem no go employ u

it is really unambitious statement and unmarketable.
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 10, 2018
radiokilla:
First class working in a bank? People don't get it that every first class material is meant to be in the classroom not in the field.
What do I know sef.
Honestly, you're right.
I believe first class graduates should only be in academia
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by begwong: 9:14pm On Mar 10, 2018
ConAir:
Good move from them, but why specifically from Gombe state university?

What happened to other prestigious conventional universities like Oau, ui, unn and others

Why not random selection from different universities, I believe that it is politically motivated.

It is tit for tat nah! Can you move your state government account to access bank?
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by AZeD1(m): 9:15pm On Mar 10, 2018
radiokilla:
Common sense suggest so.
So people who have no passion for teaching should be in the classroom just because they graduated with a first class?

Real smart !!!

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by AZeD1(m): 9:16pm On Mar 10, 2018
radiokilla:
Square pegs in round holes, I guess. You're a typical Nigerian. Where will the accountants and finance graduate work if Engineers are cashiers?
Accounting and Finance is different from banking. Stop exposing your ignorance.
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:20pm On Mar 10, 2018
radiokilla:
What do I know sef.
and who told u all ist class shd be lecturers wat if it's not dier passion...wat if de fit into other areas...nawa sha

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:22pm On Mar 10, 2018
ConAir:
Good move from them, but why specifically from Gombe state university?

What happened to other prestigious conventional universities like Oau, ui, unn and others

Why not random selection from different universities, I believe that it is politically motivated.

wat is prestigious in all those schools... Oga...Na this kin mindset De affect Africa thinking one area is the best
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by giftiy(m): 9:23pm On Mar 10, 2018
radiokilla:
What do I know sef.
you gatva point
Is an insult for a first class graduate to find him/her self in a banking sector
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 10, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
and who told u all ist class shd be lecturers wat if it's not dier passion...wat if de fit into other areas...nawa sha
Do you know what it means to attain first class in whatever field of study. Dude if you were one, anything less than a Professor is a failure. Of course you know you must be an egg head to become a Professor.
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by greatefa1011(m): 9:25pm On Mar 10, 2018
Gerrard59:

Fallacious claim. Only you meant that not everyone.

So they should stay in classrooms, so you'll come and accuse them of just being lecturers after graduation even with their first class?

We would not take it! grin
Are they not confused? I smell something shaaar...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 10, 2018
You guys quoting and misquoting me don't even know what it means to get at least 4.5/5.0 CGPA. Like dude your head was hot that year. Purely academics. Most of them are nerds and bookworms.

In the field of engineering, we encourage them to remain in the classroom. Let 2.1's and third class like us go to the field.
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by rickyrex(m): 9:30pm On Mar 10, 2018
So after university noise and wahala person pikin go say nah to go face another insult and stress for bank. OK oh
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by shankara7: 9:32pm On Mar 10, 2018
aspirebig:
That employment will tie them down....
They better seek PhD studies in foreign universities and in 3 to 4 years, they are out and live a better life....

First class is on the increase in the country. ..

There are many fully funded PhD programmes in the western world.

Lecturing will be a better option, or even a consultant .

Though it is one thing to make first class and another to be successful in your chosen profession.
Third world people and their way of thinking. PhD is pursued out of passion and not for money making or any other terminology you used up there.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by goldenceo1: 9:34pm On Mar 10, 2018
eTECTIVe:
So whether dey got first class in Arabic , Chemistry , Biology or Fud and Nutrition dey will work with Bank? Angway atleast kudos to dem for offering employment. Afta all if someone with a NEPA certificate is employable as President and a lawyer is in charge of Power den dey are gud

And you think fud n nutrition or chemistry first class certificate are easy to obtain
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:34pm On Mar 10, 2018
radiokilla:
Do you know what it means to attain first class in whatever field of study. Dude if you were one, anything less than a Professor is a failure. Of course you know you must be an egg head to become a Professor.
Oga go and sleep dee is no big deal in ist class...de are sm profs who got 3rd class are good today... So cos kachikwu is not in academic is he a waste...jega got second class upper yet he is celebrated dan sm profs who had ist class... ur view no follow
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 10, 2018
AZeD1:

So people who have no passion for teaching should be in the classroom just because they graduated with a first class?

Real smart !!!
Bros, in this context. What do you say about them working in bank?
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by Gerrard59(m): 9:36pm On Mar 10, 2018
radiokilla:
You guys quoting and misquoting me don't even know what it means to get at least 4.5/5.0 CGPA. Like dude your head was hot that year. Purely academics. Most of them are nerds and bookworms.

In the field of engineering, we encourage them to remain in the classroom. Let 2.1's and third class like us go to the field.

Oga, not everyone can be an academic. So those first class Computer Science grads from MIT, Caltech etc working in Google, Amazon, Apple etc should have been in classrooms? Not everyone would be in the classroom, ditto being in the industry.

People should be given the opportunity to pursue their dreams as long as they don't commit a crime.

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by eTECTIVe(m): 9:39pm On Mar 10, 2018
goldenceo1:

And you think fud n nutrition or chemistry first class certificate are easy to obtain

U dont have to quote me if U dont understand my post. Read it all over again den maybe U jus might
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by AZeD1(m): 9:39pm On Mar 10, 2018
radiokilla:
Bros, in this context. What do you say about them working in bank?
You do realise the bank gave them the offer but they can refuse the offer if they don't want?
Those that want to lecture will find a way into the system.
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by shankara7: 9:42pm On Mar 10, 2018
Gerrard59:

Oga, not everyone can be an academic. So those first class Computer Science grads from MIT, Caltech etc working in Google, Amazon, Apple etc should have been in classrooms? Not everyone would be in the classroom, ditto being in the industry.

People should be given the opportunity to pursue their dreams as long as they don't commit a crime.
Why do you guys like comparing this shithole to US. The system in the US is totally different from what is obtainable here..
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 10, 2018
AZeD1:

You do realise the bank gave them the offer but they can refuse the offer if they don't want?
Those that want to lecture will find a way into the system.
yes sir. You and I know with the situation of Nigeria that none of the aforementioned graduates will reject that offer. Good night sir.
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 10, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
Oga go and sleep dee is no big deal in ist class...de are sm profs who got 3rd class are good today... So cos kachikwu is not in academic is he a waste...jega got second class upper yet he is celebrated dan sm profs who had ist class... ur view no follow
Who is Jega? Bros why Na. Who do you this thing?
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by chiefojiji(m): 9:49pm On Mar 10, 2018
Employed as? Cleaners or teller boy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves / What's The Fastest Job A 35 Year Old Graduate With No Experience Get? / I Just Secured My First Tech Job. I'm So Happy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.