Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,940 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University (26126 Views)

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree / United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days / CBN Offers Automatic Employment To Ebonyi First-Class Graduates Of Economics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by lastmessenger: 9:54pm On Mar 10, 2018
IamDarkKnight:

True, write GRE apply for PhD, get funded. I wish someone gave me this advise earlier
better late than never.
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:55pm On Mar 10, 2018
radiokilla:
Who is Jega? Bros why Na. Who do you this thing?
google his name den come back.... Ist class shd be normal cos of Hw we do tins here we think ist class equate genius... it's ought to be normal..no special tin dee..

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by Raddie(m): 10:02pm On Mar 10, 2018
radiokilla:
First class working in a bank? People don't get it that every first class material is meant to be in the classroom not in the field.
What do I know sef.

Out of the box school of thought.
Lovely.
#following.
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by Gerrard59(m): 10:09pm On Mar 10, 2018
shankara7:
Why do you guys like comparing this shithole to US. The system in the US is totally different from what is obtainable here..

It still doesn't mean every first class grad must be in the classroom. That's a fallacious statement.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by AZeD1(m): 10:19pm On Mar 10, 2018
radiokilla:
yes sir. You and I know with the situation of Nigeria that none of the aforementioned graduates will reject that offer. Good night sir.
There are Nigerians who will not take a job that doesn't align with their goals.

If anyone one of those graduates wants to lecture, they will get jobs as graduate assistant in universities.
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by aspirebig: 10:20pm On Mar 10, 2018
shankara7:
Third world people and their way of thinking. PhD is pursued out of passion and not for money making or any other terminology you used up there.

Be deceiving yourself.

Having ist and 2nd degree are pursued out of passion too.?Shior

Most footballers play football out of passion....but they never reject their endorsements, weekly payments, winning bonuses etc...

Most comedians perform out passion but they have never rejected their fees....

Passion my foot......will passion pay your bills?

After suffering for years. . .do you really know the meaning of "passion"?

Higher degree come with high remuneration in an ideal situation ...though in some cases, some people have these higher degrees without getting the expected earnings..

The reason why we struggle in life generally is to have a better life and future...i wont advice my family member who made ist class to take up a bank work.at this stage....because the first class is still ist degree, when he can go straight for his phd and along the line get a better deal...dont confine yourself to this Nigeria only....there are better opportunities in other places, especially now that they are freshers ....maybe as temporary stuff pending when the real deal is sorted....

Mr first world person welcome...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by okenwaa(m): 10:20pm On Mar 10, 2018
Fun less set of individuals!!
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 10, 2018
AZeD1:

There are Nigerians who will not take a job that doesn't align with their goals.

If anyone one of those graduates wants to lecture, they will get jobs as graduate assistant in universities.
You make it sound easy mate. Are you in the UK or Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by aspirebig: 10:35pm On Mar 10, 2018
IamDarkKnight:

True, write GRE apply for PhD, get funded. I wish someone gave me this advise earlier

That is the way to go.....many fully funded Phd programmes in the western world..

Once you are through, you can still work in the bank but not as a ist degree holder only..even if they did not employ you with your Phd...but it will be in your CV and linkdn details...you can easily switch jobs and your profile will rise and so is your worth....you can be a consultant, you can be lecturing, you can start writing, there are more options for you in the corporate world and labour market for you as a Phd holder than a ist degree holder.... just plug yourself to right set of people and move.

Someone is here talking about "passion"....hmmm
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by shankara7: 10:46pm On Mar 10, 2018
aspirebig:

Be deceiving yourself.

Having ist and 2nd degree are pursued out of passion too.?Shior

Most footballers play football out of passion....but they never reject their endorsements, weekly payments, winning bonuses etc...

Most comedians perform out passion but they have never rejected their fees....

Passion my foot......will passion pay your bills?

After suffering for years. . .do you really know the meaning of "passion"?

Higher degree come with high remuneration in an ideal situation ...though in some cases, some people have these higher degrees without getting the expected earnings..

The reason why we struggle in life generally is to have a better life and future...i wont advice my family member who made ist class to take up a bank work.at this stage....because the first class is still ist degree, when he can go straight for his phd and along the line get a better deal...dont confine yourself to this Nigeria only....there are better opportunities in other places, especially now that they are freshers ....maybe as temporary stuff pending when the real deal is sorted....

Mr first world person welcome...
Stop exposing your backwardness and ignorance. PhD do not give you any advantage in the labour market except you want to be a researcher or an academic.
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by aspirebig: 10:50pm On Mar 10, 2018
shankara7:
Stop exposing your backwardness and ignorance. PhD do not give you any advantage in the labour market except you want to be a researcher or an academic.

Why do you put " except "?

So researcher do not get employed in the labour market?

It is your whole family that is backward and ignorant.

You are here insulting people because they failed in their duty to train you well.

Bastard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by AZeD1(m): 10:54pm On Mar 10, 2018
radiokilla:
You make it sound easy mate. Are you in the UK or Nigeria?
Nothing in this life is easy. Not everyone in Nigeria would take a bank job if you offered it to them.
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by shankara7: 11:01pm On Mar 10, 2018
aspirebig:

Why do you put " except "?

So researcher do not get employed in the labour market?

It is your whole family that is backward and ignorant.

You are here insulting people because they failed in their duty to train you well.

Bastard
Travel out of this shit hole and see how things work in a civilized society..
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by lilytender: 11:15pm On Mar 10, 2018
eTECTIVe:
So whether dey got first class in Arabic , Chemistry , Biology or Fud and Nutrition dey will work with Bank? Anyways atleast kudos to dem for offering employment. Afta all if someone with a NEPA certificate is employable as President and a lawyer is in charge of Power den even a zoologist can b a bank manager

Yes you are right. One mumu that bought a PhD degree in Zoology was Nigeria President and he ran the country just like a Zoo.
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by sgcrown(m): 11:26pm On Mar 10, 2018
VGN CONSULT's Urgent Vacancy in Anambra & Delta States!

Position: Business Development Associate

Responsibilities:
Train new Entrepreneurs in business skills, entrepreneurship skills, technical knowledge, leadership skills and agency skills using the methodology
Coach new & existing Entrepreneurs by providing guidance, support and challenge to help them build and grow their businesses
Work alongside Entrepreneurs to identify opportunities
Work alongside Entrepreneurs to identify solutions to their business challenges
Work alongside Entrepreneurs develop long-term, well-defined goals and realistic action plans to increase their sales to new and existing customers
Aid in the identification of new products or services for existing markets or, new markets for existing products and services, among others

Qualification & required qualities:
B.Sc/HND in business management or a related field
Excellent written & verbal communication skills
Fluency in English and at least one local language
Strong IT & social media skills, among others

Compensation: competitive salary + health insurance

To apply: please send your resume to vgnconsult@yahoo.com and copy apexlad12@gmail.com. Kindly use “Business Development Associate/State you are applying from” as subject.

Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by aspirebig: 11:27pm On Mar 10, 2018
shankara7:
Travel out of this shit hole and see how things work in a civilized society..

Where are you Mr traveller?

You just come online and be running your dirty mouth .

You travel and you are still like this?
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by LaudableXX: 11:42pm On Mar 10, 2018
londonrivals:
51 First Class graduates of Gombe State University (GSU) have been offered automatic employment by Access Bank of Nigeria Plc as a way to motivate them to contribute to the economy of the country

http://www.metronaija.ng/access-bank-employs-all-51-first-class-graduates-of-gombe-state-university/
Chimo!! shocked Nnamdi Kanu must hear this! 51 - wetin? No be half of those students wey no fit speak proper English?
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by shankara7: 11:43pm On Mar 10, 2018
aspirebig:

Where are you Mr traveller?

You just come online and be running your dirty mouth .

You travel and you are still like this?

How am I Mr.? I rep CUNY CS department.. Who are you?

Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 11:44pm On Mar 10, 2018
This is interesting but a worthwhile decision in the long run.
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by LaudableXX: 11:46pm On Mar 10, 2018
shankara7:
Oga, speak for yourself. undecided I know several Ph.d holders who are gainfully employed in the corporate sector - from banks to telecom companies, and even manufacturing firms! One of them told me point blank that he left the academia, to come and work in a bank, in order to get practical hands on experience of the job, so that he would not look clueless before his students who were already bankers, and had real life experience of the job! The guy has a Ph.d in Finance! shocked
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by LaudableXX: 11:48pm On Mar 10, 2018
AZeD1:

Those Nigerians who will not take the job, are very few....and are certainly not fresh graduates, without work experience!
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by shankara7: 11:56pm On Mar 10, 2018
LaudableXX:

Oga, speak for yourself. undecided I know several Ph.d holders who are gainfully employed in the corporate sector - from banks to telecom companies, and even manufacturing firms! One of them told me point blank that he left the academia, to come and work in a bank, in order to get practical hands on experience of the job, so that he would not look clueless before his students who were already bankers, and had real life experience of the job! The guy has a Ph.d in Finance! shocked
I didn't say a PhD holder can't work outside the academia but I said it doesn't give you any advantage in the labour market..
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by LaudableXX: 12:02am On Mar 11, 2018
shankara7:
I didn't say a PhD holder can't work outside the academia but I said it doesn't give you any advantage in the labour market..

Ok, if you are a HR director of a multinational firm, or an MD of a large global manufacturing organisation with offices in Nigeria, and you had 3 candidates in front of you, which one would you choose, if you value merit, talent, skill and knowledge?

Candidate A: Has only a bachelor's degree in the required field;

Candidate B: Has just a masters' degree in the required field;

Candidate C: Has a Ph.d degree in the required field

Kindy note that all of them have the same years of work experience. undecided Now what would your final answer be? A, or B or C? You can ask the audience, phone a friend or take away two incorrect answers, leaving one right answer.....
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by darqly(m): 12:33am On Mar 11, 2018
radiokilla:
First class working in a bank? People don't get it that every first class material is meant to be in the classroom not in the field.
What do I know sef.

Not every first class graduate is supposed to be in the classroom or to lecture please. Some of these candidates will turn down the offer, others will go on to succeed in other fields, still others will become top bankers.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by AZeD1(m): 12:56am On Mar 11, 2018
LaudableXX:

Those Nigerians who will not take the job, are very few....and are certainly not fresh graduates, without work experience!

That's what you think, remember people usually have a choice.
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by AZeD1(m): 12:58am On Mar 11, 2018
LaudableXX:

Ok, if you are a HR director of a multinational firm, or an MD of a large global manufacturing organisation with offices in Nigeria, and you had 3 candidates in front of you, which one would you choose, if you value merit, talent, skill and knowledge?

Kindy note that all of them have the same years of work experience. undecided Now what would your final answer be? A, or B or C? You can ask the audience, phone a friend or take away two incorrect answers, leaving one right answer.....
The one who passes the interview.

Last year Earnest and Young dropped class of degree from its recruitments of graduates. I have not submitted my certificate in any of the places I have worked before.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/ey-firm-says-it-will-not-longer-consider-degrees-or-a-level-results-when-assessing-employees-10436355.html%3famp
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by ZUBY77(m): 6:28am On Mar 11, 2018
radiokilla:
What do I know sef.

Yea. That's where we got it wrong.
First class in banks,
2nd class and below in classrooms, what da hell are they teaching? Something they themselves could not get good grades.

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by eterisan(m): 6:56am On Mar 11, 2018
IamDarkKnight:

hulo good morning... Can I contact you.. Would like to have a chat with you..
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by SAMBARRY: 6:56am On Mar 11, 2018
radiokilla:
What do I know sef.
how about 2.2 or 3rd class?
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by shankara7: 9:36am On Mar 11, 2018
LaudableXX:

This is a very simple scenario...
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by Fxwarrior: 10:50am On Mar 11, 2018
ConAir:
Good move from them, but why specifically from Gombe state university?

What happened to other prestigious conventional universities like Oau, ui, unn and others

Why not random selection from different universities, I believe that it is politically motivated.

The more reason you should vent anger on your governor for being incompetent enough to attract such deals.
Re: Access Bank Employs All 51 First Class Graduates Of Gombe State University by LaudableXX: 12:26pm On Mar 11, 2018
shankara7:
This is a very simple scenario...
So what is your final answer?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reckitt Benckiser Nigeria Management Trainee Program 2014 / 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves / What's The Fastest Job A 35 Year Old Graduate With No Experience Get?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.