Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,806 members, 7,831,629 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Reps Okay 10 New States - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Okay 10 New States (15601 Views)

The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / House Of Reps Okay Gov. Jang’s ‘operation Rainbow'. / House Of Reps Okay's 10 New States + Ban Nigerian's In Diaspora From Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by AS7(m): 2:20pm On Apr 30, 2010
Nice one, i will be able to become the governor of nairaland state. And my co nairalanders will be in government with me.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by dumodust(m): 2:31pm On Apr 30, 2010
once the division starts, it will never end, even the people in my village are dividing,along intermingled kindred lines. it's just aploy for the money to get to more politicians to share the dividends of democracy, naija! angry
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by sjeezy8: 2:34pm On Apr 30, 2010
shocked shocked

how does this help southerners who already have less states? lol

I suspect they will divide the south south with two or three more states ( 1 probably rivers state) Ijaws have been clamoring for that state to be broken up for a homogenous ijaw state like bayelsa.
possibly that anioma state for SE region or one more SS region.

They will divide Jos- of course.
They might divide kogi and kwara - for yoruba speakers Oya state or what ever.
possibly Ogun state for an ijebu state.

Nigeria is going to be sooo divided how can they possibly manage to break up amicably. grin
The decision is dumb one indeed but the more and more Nigeria is divided the less possible it is to break up lol - so im with it. hahaha
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by tundebabzy: 2:46pm On Apr 30, 2010
those guys are just crazy.
Nigerian has billions as excess crude money. Instead of using that money to develop the country, states are sharing the money. Now they want to create 10 more liabilities, just a plot to have more to steal

God help us
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by IbrahimB: 2:50pm On Apr 30, 2010
If we can have a Plateau North and a Plateau South that will be good. smiley
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Abuse: 2:51pm On Apr 30, 2010
I-R-R-E-S-P-O-N-S-I-B-L-E  IDEAS are meant to die  natural death!!!
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by kosovo(m): 2:54pm On Apr 30, 2010
DUMB moves by DUMB people! sad angry
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ezeagu(m): 3:12pm On Apr 30, 2010
EzeUche:

^^^^
Gbam!!!

And divide the fictional SS between the SE AND SW!!! grin

You cannot divide the Ijaw people.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Emmacarnegie(m): 3:16pm On Apr 30, 2010
the state creation will change nothing de norths will still be on the lead in de number of states.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Ournaija: 3:20pm On Apr 30, 2010
It`s only in Nigeria people elects people to steal and make make useless laws.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by hedoyad(m): 3:22pm On Apr 30, 2010
All y'all paying this is a bad idea are speaking from profound ignorance. This will go a long way to reduce a lot of the mindless violence we experience in Nigeria. If more states will not be created then the state system should be scrapped all together.

@topic i hope this means southern Kaduna will finally get a state. BYE BYE FOREVER to hausa people- not that i have anything against them in fact i might tolerate them after a southern kaduna state is carved out.
All y'all paying this is a bad idea are speaking from profound ignorance. This will go a long way to reduce a lot of the mindless violence we experience in Nigeria. If more states will not be created then the state system should be scrapped all together.

@topic i hope this means southern Kaduna will finally get a state. BYE BYE FOREVER to hausa people- not that i have anything against them in fact i might tolerate them after a southern kaduna state is carved out.

Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Ournaija: 3:25pm On Apr 30, 2010
Emma carnegie:

the state creation will change nothing de norths will still be on the lead in de number of states.

We all know that states creation is a Northern thing. They will make sure it fly. I wonder why Southerners allow all the empty lands up there to be called States. It`s time we call for a reverse.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by DOW(m): 3:33pm On Apr 30, 2010
Failed state
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Jcob(m): 3:39pm On Apr 30, 2010
I guess Becomerich was right with his maps and creation of more states. We need him to give us more snapshots.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by sley4life(m): 3:39pm On Apr 30, 2010
Y? is the state not enuff. They are looking for a way to loot the country's fund
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by tkb417(m): 3:41pm On Apr 30, 2010
pls, is this a bandwagon effect cos i dont understand the hullabaloo in this

that state creation will engender speedy development and urbanization is hard to fathom?

what is it sef?
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by tunde1200(m): 3:48pm On Apr 30, 2010
the problem is that we know the truth but we dont pratice it. despite the great soverness in this nation , yet planning another state to join the sovering state on naija (allahu alam)
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by hdwada: 3:51pm On Apr 30, 2010
Nah wah, when we go ever do something positive. Football self we no fit any more, nah states we dey make.
Reduce the violence we have now can be done by creating jobs and helping the common man, not give more godfathers a chance to become governors.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by hedoyad(m): 3:57pm On Apr 30, 2010
tkb417:

pls, is this a bandwagon effect cos i dont understand the hullabaloo in this

that state creation will engender speedy development and urbanization is hard to fathom?

what is it sef?

Most of the people opposing don't have a point to present but still want to post something so they end up typing without their brains doing anywork.
And you wonder why how people like IBB have the gall to run for office.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by tkb417(m): 4:04pm On Apr 30, 2010
hedoyad:

Most of the people opposing don't have a point to present but still want to post something so they end up typing without their brains doing anywork.
And you wonder why how people like IBB have the gall to run for office.
na wa bros

meanwhile, you live in Soddom and Gommorah

is the statue of Lots wife still there? the one that turned to salt
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by dayokanu(m): 4:11pm On Apr 30, 2010
And you wonder why how people like IBB have the gall to run for office

So this gay has been banned. Bloddy GAYYner.

But state creation would help create more opportunities. Some hitherto forgotten places would open up and the goverment would be closer to the grassroot. e,g Oke Ogun area of Oyo State.

It might help solve a lot of wars we have e.g If the Souther Kaduna Xtians are separated from the Moslems in the Nothern part thats less friction.

In Plateau, If the Moslem Fulanis are separated from the Xtian Biroms It would solve a lot of issues too.

Carving out a purely Yoruba state from present Kogi and Kwara would give the New people a sense of Belonging. People Like Jarus would now be seen as a full SouthWesterner for all intent and Purpose.

The Igbo speaking part of Eastern Delta can move to be with their brothers across the Niger So Issues of Marginalisation would be reduced
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by sley4life(m): 4:16pm On Apr 30, 2010
They must investigate this. Our leaders must not be given any chance to siphon the countrys fund through illegal creation of state.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 30, 2010
I see some have developed a fit just from reading the post.pls, lets not miss the point. People have the right to political freedom.what we should clamouring for is RESOURCE CONTROL. If anyone wants to be councillor of his farmyard thats his business, so long he doesn't need my revenue to run it.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Favormi(m): 4:31pm On Apr 30, 2010
Lets wait and see wat happens
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by dayokanu(m): 4:42pm On Apr 30, 2010
They must investigate this. Our leaders must not be given any chance to siphon the countrys fund through illegal creation of state.

State creation or not They still siphon money. If not through state creation it would be through "Walking allowance"

Think about the number of drivers, Caterers, Mechanics, Bricklayers etc that would be employed by the new state, LGovt etc.

This seem to be the only way people can get something from Govt in Nigeria nowadays
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by sinistyle(m): 4:42pm On Apr 30, 2010
It depends on how it is managed cos it can have positive and ruinuos effects.
It can turn out good especially if true federalism is applied.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Bongoman1: 4:52pm On Apr 30, 2010
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by redsun(m): 4:54pm On Apr 30, 2010
It seems to be the most important thing  in the politicians agenda because by creating more states,they create direct avenues for themselves as regards the collection of monthly  federal government allocations with less competitions,rivalries and less ghana must go bags.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 5:07pm On Apr 30, 2010
[quote="EzeUche"]They better not divide Igboland up anymore. Do it up north or in Yorubaland. Soon the Ngwa people will want their own state and the Ikwerre.  angry[/quote]
This (again) shows how much you don't know. We Ngwa have been requesting for our own state, since. The agitation for Aba state by we Ngwa and co. is the oldest state creation demand in Nigeria (made before Nigeria's independence). So relegate your tongue back into your mouth. I'm getting fed up with you and your Ngwa-related posts; nnwa Ohnuhnu.

@ Topic: Where is the list of states to be created? They're just going to say that they're okaying 10 states, and won't say which states those are?
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Henry22(m): 5:24pm On Apr 30, 2010
motherfuckers they better not touch igbo land cos we dont want them nigerian government defyn our land, wat we want is our own country(BIAFRA LAND OF THE RISING SUN) God is our stright.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Calabar Was Never The Capital Of Nigeria / Ebonyi State Government Creates Ministry Of Religion / Diezani's Bribe To INEC Staff : EFCC Secures Final Forfeiture Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.