Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked (29348 Views)

Colleague Accuses Shade Ladipo Of Lying About Being Sacked By Silverbird TV / Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status / Adenuga's Globacom Sacks 90 Married Female Staff - LasgidiOnline.com.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by mtngloetiartel: 5:28pm On Mar 11, 2018
chriskosherbal:
Yes I will totally agree that the telecommunication industry is a competitive market and for every competitive market firms operating in such industry can go to any length to downplay one another ...is the rule of the game ...

But am a man who don't easily discard rumours easily ..just as every smoke has a source so also is rumour ...as it is popularly Said behind every rumour there is an element of truth ..

I think this should be properly investigated....I have been in this world for some time now and I swear anything can happen especially in this sub-Sahara country Nigeria.

I rest my case.
u talk as if u are alien in this world. Mtchw
Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by blazer2018: 5:29pm On Mar 11, 2018
grin grin grin

Abeg make una leave GLO alone...the network that is already suffering from internet users because of their shitty network...You guys shouldn't damage their image further biko.
Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by hyno003: 5:31pm On Mar 11, 2018
Hmnnnn, find out all truth before you judge
Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by joudini(m): 5:31pm On Mar 11, 2018
What I noticed when I flipped the monickers who made claims that there was no discrimination in the exercise was that the monickers were created to make that particular positive comment.

While this does not mean the accusation was false, it gives possibility to bias, since anyone can create an account and make claims.

Suing employers in this part of the world is a grey area which is rarely successful.

3 Likes

Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by miracool946: 5:31pm On Mar 11, 2018
Fynestboi:
Interesting so it has been rumors. shocked shocked
plz aw did u make ur signature font colour blue
Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by Ellabae(f): 5:31pm On Mar 11, 2018
Who is saying the truth then?
Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by rhames(m): 5:32pm On Mar 11, 2018
Ghydyon:
Contrary to the post in this link
https://www.nairaland.com/4391072/mike-adenugas-globacom-sacks-over
Here are testimonies to debunk the widespread rumour in the link above.

women or men,were those sacked given their entitlements? This is where I would want them to answer?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 11, 2018
She resigned
Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 11, 2018
Glo social media managers earning their dough

3 Likes

Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by BabaO2: 5:40pm On Mar 11, 2018
Glo is not smart at all, content of the letters almost similar with faultless English. These are letters framed by their HR/ Corporate office

2 Likes

Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by MASTERMIND04(m): 5:45pm On Mar 11, 2018
Catheriny:
If this is true, it might be due to the complaint glo gets from the staffs.

Most women become stubborn, less ambitious, very rude, careless and arrogant once they get married.

They come to work late and sometimes close work at will just because they are married and if u dare correct them, they call their husband.

Some use almost 6 months for various leave and off and give their employer just 6 months, which capitalist will condone that except government work

If I had my way, no married woman will work in higher institution admins and in fact in any civil service position that involves serving masses cos they are the worst set of staff to deal with.

Go to Nigerian higher institutions and civil service orgs and govt parastatals and watch how most married women ignore people and gossip.

They can abandon you while playing with their kids or gossipping with their colleagues or dealing their personal businesses....some even sell snacks, etc, abandoning their jobs because they know at the end of the month, they get salary alert, so who is customer to complain

They make themselves demigods in their workplaces
One bottle of cold Gulder for u cool
Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by profmallor: 5:46pm On Mar 11, 2018
when I read the first report claiming some people were sacked based solely on the reason of being married women, I smiled, cause I knew it was a big lie. I work in a multinational and most of my customers are cooperate organizations as well. While my best and matured customers have being from both sexes in most cases, my worse working relations have being with "Yes" old married women. When I discussed this trend with colleagues they are quick to point out most of these old married women have had their husbands snatched by young vibrant ladies, and since they are out of the market they have grown moody and bitter and it reflects in their work performance and attitude.

I don't know if truly in my case, the women I have come across as being too touchy might have lost their spouses to other women, but personally I believe a lot of old married women in cooperate environments suffer from inferiority complex perhaps out of the lack of self confidence to manage present work demands. if you are confident of yourself and your abilities, you would wear a smile on your face most times, and regardless of peoples opinions you would do your job in the most professional and matured way.

While it can also be said that a lot of women do have mood swings due to hormonal imbalance, the expectation is that the older anyone gets, especially in a work environment, the more mature they should become - the more tolerant and understanding they should become. At the end of the day the bitter truth is that someday, one-day the job we all hold on too so tightly would be taken from us for younger more vibrant boys or girls to take over, that's the lesson

4 Likes

Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 11, 2018
Have we verify those monikers who justified the sack?They could be glo pr department.Every big organisation like glo should have record of all staff productivities.I am not buying those monikers comments in support of the sacked glo staff.Their own sack letter is on the way.

3 Likes

Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by wristbangle: 6:07pm On Mar 11, 2018
Ladies and gentlemen, I want you guys to verify the day the mentioned monikers who opposed glo sacking female staffs registered their account. I suspect those monikers (account) could be a member of the organisation HR dept. Something is not adding up.

4 Likes

Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by 4kings: 6:14pm On Mar 11, 2018
wristbangle:
Ladies and gentlemen, I want you guys to verify the day the mentioned monikers who opposed glo sacking female staffs registered their account. I suspect those monikers (account) could be a member of the organisation HR dept. Something is not adding up.
That's what i just observed.
The OP/commenters are probably working for GLO.
Or this might be a rare coincidence

Na wa ooo.
What kind of issue is this?

angry angry angry angry angry angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by enemmo(f): 6:15pm On Mar 11, 2018
There is no smoke without fire. This is where proper investigative journalism should come in. For all we know, it may be true. For all of you justifying the sack, pray it never happens to your enemy. Even of they want to lay them off they should be 1) notified ahead of time 2) properly compensated.

3 Likes

Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by daruche(m): 6:16pm On Mar 11, 2018
A young woman name Ofodile Steph Chinenye took to her #Facebook page to lament that after diligently serving in Globacom for 11 years, she and about 112 other ladies were given the axe yesterday, just like that, all because they were Mrs somebodies.
Chinenye alleged that they were laid off simply because the CEO and founder of the Telecoms giant, Dr Mike Adenuga does not want married women in the company.

http://toyeenbalogun..com.ng/2018/03/photos-female-globacom-staff-cries-out.html

check this out!!!! let them see a face attached to the claimed RUMOR!!!!
Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by hyno003: 6:27pm On Mar 11, 2018
Long post alert but please take time to read:

RESTUCTURING BY STATUS AND NOT BY MERIT

I am neither on Globacom's side nor the disengaged staff because I am still an insider.
First and foremost, check the accounts used to refute the claims, they were created within a spate of few minutes for propaganda. These are hired hands recruited for this purpose. they are not staffs as claimed.
Secondly, as an insider I can say that it is untrue that they were laid off without benefits. the organization has promised to pay them their entitlements.
I am also creating this account to refute hired propagandas!

One person even wrote here that he read the letter and it was not stated there that they were laid off because they were married. No sane organisation will write that dummy!

More than 90% of the married ladies working IN THE SHOPS were laid off and not married women in the organisation as a whole.
A few has been left ( but not as managers) to 'confuse general conclusion' to negate the conclusion that has become the argument.

One so called Ijeoma (an impersonator) claim she was promoted as a married woman but before anyone draws conclusion, consider this.
I can categorically tell you that with the new restructuring all married women that were either cluster managers or shop managers were removed, not a single one left!. Why replacing them with single ladies if married women were not the target? It is possible that some people were no longer productive and needed to be laid off but why use same yardstick (marital status) for all instead of KPI (KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATOR)
Could it be possible that ALL were not performing and yet they have high KPI with the management?
If restructuring was done by merit, people with high KPI will not be affected. For instance, if what theseHIRED HANDS ON NAIRALAND are saying is true, how come there is no married woman occupying the position of a shop manager anymore, all replaced with single ladies. Are they wishing these single ladies never to marry?

By the virtue of my department, I have access to KPI and I can authoritatively say that RESTRUCTURING WAS NOT DONE BY MERIT BUT BY STATUS. Otherwise why do we have people with lower KPIs retained and their married counterpart with higher KPI disengaged?

In all, I have learnt that hard work does not determine success but God's grace. I am still in Globacom does not mean I will make it in life. I can only rechannel my commitment and dedication because same can happen to me. I can not begin to give names of people who have been so committed and dedicated and yet affected. some of these people even run the shop operations with their personal funds (we know that most of the shops lack float) these people use their personal money while awaiting refund. Most of those repositioned today KNOW that they do not merit it but got it because they are single.

To my disengaged colleagues, please move on. Congratulations will be your next message. This is not the end of life. No need for anyone to fight any battle (with Glo) for you. Wishing you loftier heights.

To those of us left who knows the truth, Hmnn....It can be your turn next. Adenuga owns his business and can do whatever he likes with it.

Note also:An interview conducted by top management staff was held prior to this restructuring and people were selected on merit. As the culture, Adenuga himself needed to sign off but instead of approving the merit list, he threw out this and told them to conduct another based on marital status. It this is not so, why is it that most of those the management considered for higher post were also laid off. I do not blame the management for the selection because it is 'OBEY THE LAST ORDER' to retain your job.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by wristbangle: 6:34pm On Mar 11, 2018
4kings:

That's what i just observed.
The OP/commenters are probably working for GLO.
Or this might be a rare coincidence

Na wa ooo.
What kind of issue is this?

angry angry angry angry angry angry

God bless you for the observation. I suspect the activity of the organisation HR or a hired person at work here. People quickly react instead of making research.

Lalasticlala and mynd44 please take note on those account registration.

3 Likes

Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 6:36pm On Mar 11, 2018
Globacom has paid this one to fabricate a cover up sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 6:36pm On Mar 11, 2018
Fynestboi:
Interesting so it has been rumors. shocked shocked

Am sure Globacom has paid this one to fabricate a cover up sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 6:37pm On Mar 11, 2018
Slimberry1:
crynaija, our matter will always tire me, Chai, see as dem paint am. Well, it is always made to look like home industries can't do anything good, so they're always looking for downfall. They made it looked like Glo sacked all the married women, u carry yang throw way for my country pipu

I dont know but i feel Globacom has paid this one to fabricate a cover up sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by wowo2: 6:44pm On Mar 11, 2018
SmartyPants:
Why do all the names have numbers after them?

Lol...see investigative journalism..you may have solved this one, but cool down with watching crime channels

1 Like

Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by DanielsParker(m): 6:50pm On Mar 11, 2018
SmartyPants:
Why do all the names have numbers after them?

I viewed their profiles in the other thread, they were all new accounts registered just yesterday. Glo workers my as.s .

2 Likes

Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by SmartyPants(m): 7:27pm On Mar 11, 2018
DanielsParker:

I viewed their profiles in the other thread, they were all new accounts registered just yesterday. Glo workers my as.s .

Quite suspicious. I would be very disappointing if Glo could stoop that low.

2 Likes

Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by Hollysaint: 9:01pm On Mar 11, 2018
All female married staffs were sacked.it is not the work of bloggers .those refuting this story are paid glo agents.

4 Likes

Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:47pm On Mar 11, 2018
identity politics
instead of saying they were sacked for not attending to customer they say is because they are married
they think is civil service where you cannot be sacked
Ghydyon:
Althought they sacked some people but not all the married women o, Nigerians can exaggerate
Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by luvme0702: 11:35pm On Mar 11, 2018
Let them come out with evidence that they are married and their names changed to their husband's name. I just found out that some of them were paid by glo to refute the claims. Women are their own enemies. Mtshew.

2 Likes

Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by Vcin: 12:01am On Mar 12, 2018
Which non performance? If it were non performance, it would have been boldly stated in the letters, as it has always been. Ij, just know that we are disappointed in you. You know if it were to be based on performance, u would have been laid off as well, cos your mkpi is actually low. You are saying the truth? What nonsense truth? So u mean the.likes of Vicky(the best CCTL in the whole south region), Peace, Gift were not performing? What about the ppl that joined about a year ago- Gina, Oge, Maureen? What appraisal were they judged upon?
These ppl know what they are.doing. Yes, they didn't lay off all married women, so those that were not affected would actually debunk the news when it goes off. Those laid off are those who did name change and are bearing their husbands' names. And yes, they were replaced with ppl who don't know they jobs well and at all.
Guys, try walk into glo offices close to you and stylishly raise the top or your observation and hear for yourselves and experience the poor service your would get(because the best hands have been laid off). Then, no body wud tell you it all actually happened.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Jobs That Make Nigerian Employees Wear Tattered Outfits / What Can One Do With N42k Salary? / COVID-19: MTN Staff To Start Working From Home Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.