Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,417 members, 7,826,606 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (60326 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:24pm On May 18, 2010
Thats what happens when

a club is totally use[b]LESS[/b], the fans completely hope[b]LESS[/b], The manager absolutely sense[b]LESS[/b],  the players generally brain[b]LESS[/b] no wonder they remain eternally trophy[b]LESS[/b]

@DrKit and DayoKanu

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/may/17/801.html

I am tired of Punch. Please check out the 6th paragraph

Akola, I can bet the writer is a GAYYner, they display rare stupidity never found before in home sapiens. On NL one even said "LOSTING",  Now its Peter Ogba winning Canda 87, next it would be Fatai Atere winning France 98
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 7:20pm On May 18, 2010
slimshay:

@eldee, who cares about how many 7-0 wins chelsea gets, is that such a strange phenomenon to you, an Arsenal fan? Ive always looked at my team. How does there wins rubbish the kind of football we play?  undecided

Arsenal, this self defeatist thing we seem to get wont get us anywhere. We all love to hold up Sol Campbell for other players as example of spirit. Maybe we ought to look at him ourselves.

Abeg this cheerleader thing don tire me sef  undecided. . . .Chamahk has come, Arsene dont sell Cesc. We'll take it fromt here. . .  

Abeg forget that side . . . we knew what we had claim to as Arsenal fans, especially post-Wenger.
We could lose playing champagne football . . . isn't that what Wenger sold to us along with the youth system thing??

You're blaming me for Arsenal's fate?? If Wenger had my defeatist stance, he'd have done sumn about it.
It's almost like he's the only one that doesn't know what's going on. . . even his players know.

Campbell left us when we needed him the most . . . I'm definitely not going to respect any player that leaves the stadium at half time to vanish for two paid weeks.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 7:35pm On May 18, 2010
With Barca getting ready to make an official approach for Cesc Fabregas for the first time, I think the writing is on the wall. . . . Adios Cesc, the best central midfielder in England.

Thoughts should now turn to his replacement. . . . VDV (£7m), Yoann Gourcuff (£23m) or Stephen Ireland (£10m) should be the available replacements on the market right now.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 7:40pm On May 18, 2010
^^ What of John Obi Mikel 12m,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 7:56pm On May 18, 2010
I posit Cesc's transfer fee should be SHARED amongst us fans to ease the pain of the last 5 years! grin grin

Seriously, does Cesc really need a direct replacement? I say get Yaya off the deal(or any quality, similar player) to partner Song and stick Arshavin in the 'hole' behind RVP. . . Classic 4-2-3-1. Who needs Cesc? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 8:02pm On May 18, 2010
Arshavin ko Kalashnikov ni . . .

Arteta or G OURCUFF would be aight 4 us.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 8:04pm On May 18, 2010
arshavin replace cesc, i laugh in kuala lumpur.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chic2pimp(m): 8:08pm On May 18, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

jalether:

arshavin replace cesc, i laugh in kuala lumpur.
Hehehehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 8:16pm On May 18, 2010
chic2pimp:

Hehehehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

are you see what i'm saw grin grin (chief zebrudayah) what's next, Silvestre to replace vermaleen
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 8:36pm On May 18, 2010
Arshavin has been inconsistent on the wings this season, but people have forgotten he isnt a winger by default. . . In the only game he played in his natural position this season, he copped 3 assists.
And no, he's not "replacing" Cesc. Do they play the same position?
Jalether, is your brain on gardening leave? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 8:53pm On May 18, 2010
ritchboy:

Arshavin has been inconsistent on the wings this season, but people have forgotten he isnt a winger by default. . . In the only game he played in his natural position this season, he copped 3 assists.
And no, he's not "replacing" Cesc. Do they play the same position?
Jalether, is your brain on gardening leave? cheesy

He played mostly on the wings at zenit, he scored and created most of his assist from the flanks.

who should replace alex song? adegboye onigbinde cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 9:10pm On May 18, 2010
I dunno about y'all but i am not worried about Cesc leaving at all. Infact i think it would change our over passing mentality which may work in Spain but definitely not England. What i hope is we return to our previous formula of using dangerous wingers! If we do get Yaya we have someone that can help in the defence
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by loyika(m): 9:28pm On May 18, 2010
Cesc is not the reason we over pass the ball, case in point being the fact that he scored enough goals unlike players like Nasri and Diaby who hold on to the ball too long.

Cesc was always looking for the killer pass to a team mate, if he made Ade into a Football god, just imagine what he would have done for the Moroccan laddie coming to Engurland

As much as i hate to admit it, it will be bad having to see Cesc leave, not because the club cannot do with out him, but because;

He never won anything apart from the FA Cup with Arsenal
Apart from his links to Barca, i believe Cesc loved this club and was thrully honoured to have played in the Arsenal shirt alongside footballers like Henry, Bergy, Paddy and co. Now he plays alongside Denilson and Eboue and Fabianski embarassed
Cesc departure should put the nails in the Coffin for Arsene, and i trully believe that if we don't win anything this upcoming season, Arsene will hang his boots at Arsenal. Players he loved and nurtured have all left him (due to his stubbornness and silly indulgences)

Having said all that, FC&K IT!! WE ARE THE ARSENAL!!

Arsene should use the money to get in Yaya on the swap and also buy Arteta, but will the silly French Goat (Gaffer) do this He will probably say nasri can play in that role

To Cesc cool Thanks for the memories Capitan cool YOU WILL ALWAYS BE AN ARSENAL LEGEND!!

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 9:45pm On May 18, 2010
IF Cesc leaves, it would be a serious blow but that can be eased by the amount Barca pay for him, Anything above 45m is good enof for me, it they want to throw in someone like Hleb into the deal that would also be fine. 40m + Hleb would be a good deal
Simple solution Arsene should just shell out half of the money (20 - 25m) for Arda Turan who is a left winger, bring Arshavin central to rotate and compete with Hleb and problem is solved (both of them like to play in the hole anyway).

We've always complained of having too many similar players playing central. Cesc is special and will surely be missed but no one player makes the Arsenal, we've shown that time and time again even though I wld expect the press to paint a gloomy picture for next season as usual but we've always surprised them and we definitely will again next season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 9:57pm On May 18, 2010
loyika:

Cesc is not the reason we over pass the ball, case in point being the fact that he scored enough goals unlike players like Nasri and Diaby who hold on to the ball too long.

Nasri can do what Cesc did last season if he has 2 DMs sitting behind him to protect the back four.
Arsenal won't miss Cesc if they can get other players in their starting XI fit.

Cesc was always looking for the killer pass to a team mate, if he made Ade into a Football god, just imagine what he would have done for the Moroccan laddie coming to Engurland

Cesc made Ade into a football god? I don't think so.
Hleb was the sorcerer!!! The Belarusian was responsible for all that was GOOD in 2007/8 at the Emirates.

As much as i hate to admit it, it will be bad having to see Cesc leave, not because the club cannot do with out him, but because;
He never won anything apart from the FA Cup with Arsenal

I cannot blame Cesc for leaving.
After your absymal performance in 2008/9, he said he would reconsider his future if Arsenal don't win anything in 2009/10.
Letz face it, the boy was patient enough. . . . .He is too good a player not to have won the league title.

Apart from his links to Barca, i believe Cesc loved this club and was thrully honoured to have played in the Arsenal shirt alongside footballers like Henry, Bergy, Paddy and co. Now he plays alongside Denilson and Eboue and Fabianski embarassed
Cesc departure should put the nails in the Coffin for Arsene, and i trully believe that if we don't win anything this upcoming season, Arsene will hang his boots at Arsenal. Players he loved and nurtured have all left him (due to his stubbornness and silly indulgences)

Thanx for admitting Wenger is an obnoxious pig.
His stubbornness is peerless in the game. He's the only manager i know that keeps trying the same thing that yields the same failure.
If he sells Cesc for 200 million pounds, he will spend 15 million and return the rest to the board.

Having said all that, FC&K IT!! WE ARE THE ARSENAL!!

Arsene should use the money to get in Yaya on the swap and also buy Arteta, but will the silly French Goat (Gaffer) do this He will probably say nasri can play in that role

To Cesc cool Thanks for the memories Capitan cool YOU WILL ALWAYS BE AN ARSENAL LEGEND!!

cool GOONER 89

Sorry Loyika. . . . .
This must be very painful to take.
At least Ronaldo won everything for Man Utd(FA Cup, 3 League titles, UCL and Carling Cup). . . .Cesc won NOWT!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 10:18pm On May 18, 2010
Everyone is now realising Arsenal is a failed experiment latest are Debo, Gallas and even Captain Cesc
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 11:40pm On May 18, 2010
^ That blood clot in your capillary seems to have caused more damage to your idle, little little brain. This may be a pre-reaction to the anticipated pain you fear you'll be receiving in 4 days time.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 11:43pm On May 18, 2010
Even the partially insane edoyad has gone into full blown madness. All is left is for you to have rasta hair
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 11:58pm On May 18, 2010
You can clearly see my "gourd's" hair line receding so chances of growing dada are unlikely. But you, on the other hand, are an Aladura priest so you know what comes with that.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 12:14am On May 19, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin,dk and his girlfriend don start again, lofu wan tin tin.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 12:17am On May 19, 2010
jalether:

grin grin grin grin grin,dk and his girlfriend don start again, lofu wan tin tin.

undecided undecided undecided shocked shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by bgees(m): 5:18am On May 19, 2010
Fabregas is joining Barcelona?!!

I can't wait to see A40 lament .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 7:47am On May 19, 2010
Cesc will stay one more season in my opinion bt if not,too bad. Worst is we'll go another seasom without a trophy and lose Arshavin and RVP next season!

Seriously though, I think Arsene and the Arsenal board have learnt that the fans and indeed the players won't be patient forever and that's why I believe Cesc can be BEGGED to stay anpther year.

If the rumours are true and we get lloris, Yaya, a CB and Chamakh, then keep the whole team except Almunia, Fabianski, Silvestre,we should be good enough for at least a trophy next season.

My next season first 11:
Lloris, Sagna, CB, Vermallen, Clichy, Yaya, Song, Cesc, Arshavin, RVP, Chamakh.

Bench:
Bendtner, Nasri, Djorou, Diaby, Gibbs, Manone, Eboue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ajibawealt(m): 10:44am On May 19, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Egbon, you can't stop amazing me with you post, keep it coming, I'm lovin it
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 10:50am On May 19, 2010
bgees:

Fabregas is joining Barcelona?!!

I can't wait to see A40 lament .
I think his position is understandable.

In SEVEN years at Arsenal he has won TWO trophies. Barcelona have won SEVEN trophies in TWO years.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2978155/Why-Cesc-Fabregas-has-quit-Arsenal.html
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 11:04am On May 19, 2010
Hmmmn.
Dude has 4 years left on his contract and wants to leave.
It's our decision to sell.
Set the price at 60m.
Or 40m + Yaya
Let the bidding start.
Like Dr Kit said, get Arteta or Gourcuff or  I am with Sauron on Nasri filling the role,with Yaya and Song protecting the defence.
Remember we went on for like 20 matches without losing when Cesc was injured in 08/09.
We always knew Cesc would return to Barca one day, it was only a matter of When?
Not that I am wishing he goes,but . . . . . . it will be sooner or later.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 11:27am On May 19, 2010
FBS:

I think his position is understandable.

In SEVEN years at Arsenal he has won TWO trophies. Barcelona have won SEVEN trophies in TWO years.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2978155/Why-Cesc-Fabregas-has-quit-Arsenal.html

Is there any guarantee that he would continue winning trophies?
A certain CRon7 went to Madrid and won nought this season.
Fab4 has always said he would return to Barca one day.
It was only when
I am sure it's not all about trophies for him.
Sun is the official manc tabloid,said it so many times grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 11:43am On May 19, 2010
HNIC:

Is there any guarantee that he would continue winning trophies?
A certain CRon7 went to Madrid and won nought this season.
Fab4 has always said he would return to Barca one day.
It was only when
I am sure it's not all about trophies for him.
Sun is the official manc tabloid,said it so many times grin

I'm sure you remember a certain TH14. . .he left you and bang, CL title. How long did it take him? And when he left y'all gave different versions and reasons why he left. But we all know why. Champions League.
CR7 has only spent 1 season with RM (never mind his personal collection of titles) so nothing to talk about there.
Fab4 spent 7 years with you with nothing to show for it. What other reason can it be aside the desire to WIN? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 11:47am On May 19, 2010
I think there is something fishy going on with Cesc's situation, he has 4 years left on his contract and from next season will be able to buy out the rest of his contract (amounting to something between 18m and 20m I'm told which Barca will willingly pay). I think all the brouhaha has come about because Barca wants to reduce the amount they will need to pay for him. It is akin to what we did with Chamakh, only that we didn't brazenly use the press the way Barca are currently doing.

With the recent contract renewals, it seems a bit strange none has been announced for Cesc. It is quite possible the club wants to renegotiate his contract to extend it further so that Barcelona will still pay top dough for him when he chooses to leave in the next 2 years which has been the sort of verbal agreement between player and manager(we all knew he was going to leave, the question was always when).  The risk to Arsenal is that if Barca don't get him for the amount they are willing to spend this season, we might lose him for much less in the next 2 seasons.

To be honest, I don't see what Cesc is going to do at Barcelona now, they are not exactly lacking in the CM department and something tells me this is all going to end in tears. I think that was what Cesc meant by his future being decided. Before summer is over, Cesc will either go to Barca or renew his contract at Arsenal, the 3rd option is not good for either of Arsenal or Cesc but plays well into Barca's hand. What I will hate to see is another Adebayor scenario but Cesc has handled the situation with a bit more class, it is just a shame Barca is so successful and Cesc has sentimental attachments to them which they are exploiting. I wish their future goes exactly the way Milan's did after they messed with Ade in summer '08.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 12:31pm On May 19, 2010
Hmmm, Barca capture David Villa shocked. . Ibra walks smiley
In the next few days we'll get to know the true state of things regarding Fab's future. The kid has said he wants to leave, Arsene and d fCuKd up board should respect his wishes and cash-in on whoever's thrown in the deal

If it's 35-40mill + Yaya deal, spend 30mill on Ireland, Hangeland and Lloris
Gourcuff? Good buy IMO
Diahkate. . not too sure about him either

Let's see how it goes.

Our blessings go with you FAB, thanks for the memories. . YOU REMAIN A GUNNER cry cry cry *looks for bucket*
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 1:00pm On May 19, 2010
Thats the thing v3, when exactly did the kid say he wants to leave? In the very same sentence people quote about he's saying if he leaves then it will be to Barca, he also says he's happy at Arsenal and wont be leaving anytime soon. Yet everybody is going into overdrive analysing what, where and who to go to now that Cesc has finally left.

Arsene Wenger cannot afford to sell Cesc Fabregas, it is not a matter of money. Cesc is perhaps the most valuable midfielder in the world right now considering his age, experience and abilities. Why then will we be forced to give out that and start looking for replacements that are no way near his standards. It makes absolutely no sense.

On the matter of our boys behavior, Eldee and A-40 think of it. . . .A grown 22 year old boy misbehaves and we conviniently decide to blame his coach's man management. Now how is that for awesome man mangement. Why wont these boys continue to under deliver, they know where the fire is going, it is not coming to them. Diaby bleeps up in a match. . . .verdict, I blame Wenegr, no be him sign am. This boys should be made to take the responsibilities for their actions. Nasi ran his mouth, he should be told to shut the eff up.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 1:08pm On May 19, 2010
v3:

Hmmm, Barca capture David Villa  shocked. . Ibra walks  smiley
In the next few days we'll get to know the true state of things regarding Fab's future. The kid has said he wants to leave, Arsene and d fCuKd up board should respect his wishes and cash-in on whoever's thrown in the deal

If it's 35-40mill + Yaya deal, spend 30mill on[b] Ireland, Hangeland and Lloris [/b]
Gourcuff? Good buy IMO
Diahkate. . not too sure about him either

Let's see how it goes.

Our blessings go with you FAB, thanks for the memories. . YOU REMAIN A GUNNER  cry cry cry *looks for bucket*

buy Ireland, Hangeland and Lloris for £30 million, you must think they are on the same level as Yusuf Ayila, it's either that, or the transfer market inflation 

has dwindled to 0%

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (100)

Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (3 - 0) On 17th June 2020 / Chelsea Vs Manchester City (2- 1) On 25th June 2020 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.