Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,932 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (59966 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 6:46pm On May 01, 2010
eldee:

It's really hilarious when Dudu creates 'facts' in his head and then gathers 'evidence' to support it.
And then when he's caught out, he hangs on to irrelevant stuff like . . .'21 year old Aguero isn't needed in a team with two ageing strikers' cheesy cheesy
Can you please name this facts I created in my head? that Manure is indebted? that Abramovic wrote off Chelsea's debts?
My point all along was never that Chelsea and manure are now indebted and cannot buy players, my point was always that I don't see Chelsea spending as much as they spent to build up this present team (which is now getting too old as acknowledged by Ancelloti himself) going forwards and that this would further level the playing field since Abramovic would not be looking forward to writing off another 500 to 600m in the next 5 years. They also have the small matter of the 25+8 rule to contend with.

As per Manure, what I said was that their recent spending pattern indicated a shift in their strategy since they've not gone after well known established names or expensive youngsters in recent times despite the windfall from CR7's sale. Those 2 clubs will definitely continue to buy but the difference in spending between them and arsenal will continue to narrow both as a result of the financial squeeze as well as our improving financial situation enabling us to bridge the gap in quality with the continuing development of players coming through our youth system (who already form a large part of our squad) and the emergence of newer players.

As to Aguerro's transfer, I would rather let that become a topic of discussion when the transfer is confirmed, but I still hold the view that it doesn't add much to chelsea that they don't already have.

eldee:

Just like when someone mentioned that Wenger's trophyless state is un-Arsenal.
Dudu's first statement was . . .'but we where a mid-table club'.

And then he actually holds on to the 'league position' part and ignoring the trophy aspect of club status.

That portion in bold is a lie, I never said any such thing. That only came about as part of a discussion on whether Arsene had improved the club or not since his arrival and any well meaning  and truthful Arsenal fan would admit that much including Debo who did admit it during the discussion. At the end of the day, the only reason my statement about us being a near mid-table side was disputed was simply because we all didn't have the same definition in mind of what a mid-table side meant. The statistics I posted of Arsenal's trophy history pre and post Arsene were never disputed by anyone.

eldee:

I should spend time knocking down all the B.S but I'm on to bigger things, I want a one-on-one with Wenger on ITV. cheesy cheesy
But you have time to input things I never said to me
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 6:57pm On May 01, 2010
hedoyad:

So we've entered a new thread again eh? I once watched a movie where a guy kept waking up in his nightmare, every morning he would wake up thinking it was over only to realise he was still in the nightmare.

I hope Emirates will be only half full in Arsenal home games next season, that would send the right message.

Abeg leave that one for the Newton and Heath people with the Glazers, with the way the board is that will only make us slip out of the top 4 as they cut spending even further or at the most make them sell up, some rumor at a time was that the board had actually budgeted for UCL performance only once every 4 seasons (pls don't quote me on that o, it is a rumor) or something of the sort.
Our time will come and I have good vibes for next season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 7:03pm On May 01, 2010
chic2pimp:

Wey the Agbero thought dey for wetin I yarn?
Or do you want to deny that you always wear rose tinted glasses when Arsene Wengay is the issue being discussed? undecided

If stating the obvious and facing up to the reality of arsenal's situation is the definition of wearing rose tinted glasses then I'm guilty as charged, infact I would admit to wearing 3D rose tinted contact lenses and planning to go for a rose tinted laser optic procedure very soon. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 7:07pm On May 01, 2010
Now answer mine or shut the hell up
When last did a German team appear in this stage of the CL?

2010. Is it not insulting for Arsenal fans to even have opinions about CL when we know where they stand there
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 7:31pm On May 01, 2010
Ol boy eh, . . .DK smell final we no go hear word again untop our thread.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 7:35pm On May 01, 2010
Show me yours

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chic2pimp(m): 7:44pm On May 01, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 8:01pm On May 01, 2010
@DK
I can see you are so ashamed.
You can't even answer a simple question
Yet you talk about Arsenal being ashamed.
Bundesliga is 3rd rate.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 8:04pm On May 01, 2010
DK stop embarrassing yourself, everybody here knows how you opened a thread just to exhibit this same moronity and you were disgraced there. Ogbeni respect your advanced years jare.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by presido1: 9:39pm On May 01, 2010
Dayo sorry you won't see it in your life time. Another 99 yrs to go before CL trophy comes to emirati.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:37am On May 02, 2010
Presido,
Is the club cursed or the fans are just morons

A club from the 3rd rate league are on course to win the 5th cl title while assanal has only played a final once
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 6:11pm On May 02, 2010
Guess who's back ? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 8:01pm On May 02, 2010
Ed dem don unban you grin. You sef go easy when you are reminding them that Maradoma is a thieving, useless son of bish leader, oops sorry this is the sports section. grin

Not much happening within the red and white ranks nowadays. Maybe when the Chamahkattack arrives we go get sumfin to say.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by 4peace(m): 12:02am On May 03, 2010
IT IS JUST FOR A PERIOD [size=36pt]ARSENAL[/size]WILL SURELY WIN
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 12:26am On May 03, 2010
slimshay:

Ed dem don unban you grin. You sef go easy when you are reminding them that Maradoma is a thieving, useless son of bish leader, oops sorry this is the sports section. grin

Not much happening within the red and white ranks nowadays. Maybe when the Chamahkattack arrives we go get sumfin to say.

well the next premiership season is just around the corner so i guess it's time to regroup and restrategize, COYG !
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dipo2much(m): 8:00am On May 03, 2010
could dis ever happen? the guy's record are ASTONISHING. 35 goals in 33 games this season.

Ajax forward Luis Suárez has a pathological phobia of elderly men in red coats which means he couldn’t help Santa when he got stuck up the chimney and refuses to sign for Chelsea for fear of coming into contact with their fearful army of pensioners.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/02/19/arsenal-close-in-on-record-breaking-30m-goal-machine-signing/
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dipo2much(m): 8:03am On May 03, 2010
considering the fact that ajax and arsenal have a good record in player trade,maybe ,just maybe we could sign this goal beast.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by meka2010: 1:34pm On May 03, 2010
When will u guys ever come to terms that Wenger wont be signing more than a player when the transfer window opens? That guy is the sole architect of our trophyless seasons. That man is too predictable.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chamotex(m): 1:57pm On May 03, 2010
Duduspace and his eulogies. grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by scantee(m): 2:22pm On May 03, 2010
Andrey Arshavin: I Will Leave Arsenal For Barcelona In The Summer

Arsenal forward Andrey Arshavin has claimed that he is set to sensationally depart the Emirates in the summer and join Barcelona.

The Russian recently claimed that it would be the pinnacle of any player's career to feature for the Catalan giants, prompting his manager Arsene Wenger to express disappointment that the player seemed to want to move.

And Arshavin also claims that Gael Clichy will be joining him in swapping London for Catalonia.

"I am going to Barcelona in the summer," said the Russian, according to The People.

"I have always dreamed about going to Spain and playing for the best team in the world.

''They were unsure about me when I was playing in Russia but I have shown them that I'm the real deal and I know they are ready to talk to me.

"I want to play for the top team and be trying to win every competition, I don't think you can rate one better than the other, it is all about winning. I want to play for them and that is never going to change.

"I know Gael Clichy would love to play out there as well, and he would work well in their team."

Arshavin is also unfazed by the competition for places he would face at Camp Nou.

"It would be tough trying to compete with Xavi and Iniesta but that is the competition I want, I don't want to walk into a team," he added.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 2:33pm On May 03, 2010
Ed, why you go enter trouble for political section when your Arsenal peeps dey miss you for here?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 4:05pm On May 03, 2010
Trophyless people, HOW MARKET?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 5:35pm On May 03, 2010
duduspace:

Ed, why you go enter trouble for political section when your Arsenal peeps dey miss you for here?

United kids just won the National play-offs defeating Aston Villa(Champions of the South). . . .
Yet again, Arsenal kids won nowt and the media can't stop hyping useless embryos.
The best kids in this country are in Carrington. . . . .League Champions/Play-Off Champions.

Any more proof?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 5:59pm On May 03, 2010
United kids just won the National play-offs defeating Aston Villa(Champions of the South). . . .
Yet again, Arsenal kids won nowt and the media can't stop hyping useless embryos.
The best kids in this country are in Carrington. . . . .League Champions/Play-Off Champions.

Any more proof?

LIAR. Arsenals kids have better shape of head. Look at Clichy as he resembles a stillbirth for evidence, Or Sagna who looks like Atilogwu masquerades
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Borat1: 6:56pm On May 03, 2010
Arsenal women just lost the FA CUP final, and now they're threatning to throw away third place losing to lowly blackburn
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eyoniggar(m): 7:01pm On May 03, 2010
Debosky, how market?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 7:46pm On May 03, 2010
Thomas Muller- Age 20.

Debut season 19 goals 14 assists in his debut season.

What kind of youths do Assanal claim to have when we have a prolific 20yr old MULLER
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 8:57pm On May 03, 2010
Shirt deals in Europe

Bayern Munich
Deutsche Telekom
£25.5m a year, three-year deal
(from 2010-11)
Manchester United
Aon
£20m a year, four-year deal
(from 2010-11)
Liverpool
Standard Chartered Bank
£20m a year, four-year deal
(from 2010-11)
Real Madrid
Bwin.com
£18.3m a year, four-year deal
Schalke 04
Gazprom
£17.5m a year, five-year deal
(from 2012-13)
Juventus
Betclick
£15m a year, two-year deal
(from 2010-11)
AC Milan
Emirates
£14m a year, four-year deal
(from 2010-11)
Chelsea
Samsung
£14m a year, five-year deal
Borussia Dortmund
Evonik
£12m a year, four-year deal
Inter
Pirelli
£9m a year, ten-year deal
Tottenham
Mansion.com
£8.5m a year, four-year deal
Manchester City
Etihad Airways
£8m a year, three-year deal
Arsenal
Emirates
£6m a year, eight-year deal

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/05/03/1906349/arsenal-special-report-commercial-deals-losing-gunners-20m-a

See consequence of trophylessness. 6m a yr for 8yrs. Make in 8 years what Bayern make in less than 2.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 9:11pm On May 03, 2010
Oo n pe. Can this team be disbanded and Wenger JF.Killed already. Shey na till we turn Liverpool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 9:14pm On May 03, 2010
Ichiro,

Cant you organise you MEND brothers to arrange the guy? or H.I. T
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 9:41pm On May 03, 2010
Hahaha those road dogz are too busy protecting Ibori from EFCC arrest at the mo. Unfortunately i can't match Ibori's payments
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dipo2much(m): 9:51pm On May 03, 2010
dayokanu:

Shirt deals in Europe

See consequence of trophylessness. 6m a yr for 8yrs. Make in 8 years what Bayern make in less than 2.

This is not a consequence of not having won any trophies. Its just bad business on the part of arsenal's negotiations

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Manchester City (0 - 2) On 6th November 2021 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 / Real Madrid vs Chelsea UCL (1 - 1) On 27th April 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.