Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (59980 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 5:59pm On Apr 30, 2010
Debosky,
but Wenger has won more domestic titles than Carlo, no? cheesy

£40m for Aguero is a blatant waste of money. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:08pm On Apr 30, 2010
Domestic titles? Is that what you rate?

Carlo has won 2 European titles

He is one the verge of winning the league despite that him and wenger Started at 0 points on the verge of winning the FA cup all at first attempt vs a coach of 16years at the same job.

Did Carlo buy anyone? I dont think so.
Did WenGAY buy anyone? Vermalean I remember

One is 10 years younger
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chic2pimp(m): 6:19pm On Apr 30, 2010
Is Dudu Arsene Wengay In Disguise? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 6:25pm On Apr 30, 2010
Ope o new thread!!!

Eldee wetin concern us concern wetin Chelsea wan use their money do nah. Dudu stop letting these guys bait you. At the very least you will be able to stick out ya tongue and tell em. . .Misofunyin entertainment (RIP Omo Ogun) grin But for now free the matter.

Its the ARSENAL!!! Enemies dont like, but they fork with it cos the game's too tight!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 6:35pm On Apr 30, 2010
Dayokanu, you are under no obligation to type rubbish. . .

Carlo is not "on the verge of" anything. . . He has to go to Anfield. If anything, Man Utd are the favourites for the league.

Zhirkov cost almost twice as much as Vermaelen. . . Sturridge could cost as much as £7.5m. . . Then there's also the small matter of £480m in transfer fees alone invested in the squad prior to his arrival. Their ridiculous wage bill is a different animal altogether.

Debosky has lost all perspective and rational thought for a while now. . . Trying to justify £40m for Aguero just to bash Wenger. . . SHAME! grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 6:39pm On Apr 30, 2010
chic2pimp:

Is Dudu Arsene Wengay In Disguise? undecided

Why yu dey think Agbero thot like this? yu don hear Arsene dey yarn pidgin b4?

debosky:

You don't say. grin I thought everyone was destined to buy 2 for 1m players like Arsenal has had to do. . . .I guess spending 40m is the fulfillment of a certain prediction. grin

Better yet, according to dudu he doesn't add anything better to Chelski - doesn't that remind you of Wenger's favorite excuse? 'I couldn't find anyone to improve the side'.
I'd rather take the experience and judgment of a coach who has won numerous titles both European and domestic, and is on the cusp of another one, than a coach who is apparently an irredeemable navel gazer who will never see anything wrong with his failed policy.

All complaints and no solution offered, any recommendations? will you pass an offering basket to raise 40m? no I think not, all you can do is cast envious glances at those buying and wish you were in their shoes. You should have realised by now that the club you support doesn't play in that sphere. Usmanov is not taking over and neither is Kroenke, this is the path the club has chosen to toe, if you can't suggest any better stop this constant grumbling and find other things about your club to be happy about.

Stick to criticizing Arsene on tactics and choice of players, even if you get rid of Arsene, is it not this same board we all know he is in cahoots with who will select the next manager? what exactly do you think will be the brief of this manager? do you really think spending patterns will change? Leave things you can do nothing about alone and don't turn yourself into a bitter old grandpapa, you are a young and virile man.  grin grin  grin

You need not look farther than Liverpool to see how well Arsene has managed this club, doing things in a way you consider right doesn't always yield instant results but when they do it is usually very sustainable, that is why I'm a proud and happy supporter of Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:50pm On Apr 30, 2010
Dayokanu, you are under no obligation to type rubbish. . .

Carlo is not "on the verge of" anything. . . He has to go to Anfield. If anything, Man Utd are the favourites for the league.

Zhirkov cost almost twice as much as Vermaelen. . . Sturridge could cost as much as £7.5m. . . Then there's also the small matter of £480m in transfer fees alone invested in the squad prior to his arrival. Their ridiculous wage bill is a different animal altogether.

Debosky has lost all perspective and rational thought for a while now. . . Trying to justify £40m for Aguero just to bash Wenger. . . SHAME!

As we speak Ancelotti is currently top of the EPL table, As we speak Ancelotti is in a FA final something wenGAY has not achieved in 4 seasons

SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 7:32pm On Apr 30, 2010
ritchboy:

Debosky has lost all perspective and rational thought for a while now. . . Trying to justify £40m for Aguero just to bash Wenger. . . SHAME! grin grin

Let's not deviate from the point he's trying to prove.
Duduspace came here on Nairaland and made a million statements to imply that Chelsea is broke/Abrahimovich has refused to invest.
He used it as his justification for us not buying big.
Now if they spend £40mil on a player, it tears Duduspace' integrity into shreds.

I don't care if they spent the £40mil on Nwaneri or Messi, they spent the money and they're not broke like Dudu wants us to believe.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chic2pimp(m): 7:36pm On Apr 30, 2010
duduspace:

yu don hear Arsene dey yarn pidgin b4?
Well, You never can tell with this things.

duduspace:

Why yu dey think Agbero thot like this?
Wey the Agbero thought dey for wetin I yarn?
Or do you want to deny that you always wear rose tinted glasses when Arsene Wengay is the issue being discussed? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 7:52pm On Apr 30, 2010
[size=14pt]Wenger - We’ll sign a player before June 11[/size]

By Richard Clarke

Arsène Wenger has confirmed that Arsenal will sign a new player by the time the World Cup starts.

With just two games to go in the Premier League season, transfer rumours are already filling the back pages. As you would expect the Frenchman refused to name any targets but he did reveal he would “certainly” bring in a new face before the tournament begins in South Africa on June 11.

“We have a basic squad and I believe in the squad I have,” he said. “But if I can make an addition – two or three maximum – then we will do it.

“I will try to do what I want to do as quickly as possible but I am not the only decider. It doesn’t only depend on me.

“Ideally, you would want to do the job before the World Cup. It is difficult to give yourself the right timing.

“Certainly, we will announce one player before the World Cup. After that we will see.”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-ll-sign-a-player-before-june-11

i think its Chamakh. . . i need a Midfielder + a good tall DF
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 9:29pm On Apr 30, 2010
eldee:

Let's not deviate from the point he's trying to prove.
Duduspace came here on Nairaland and made a million statements to imply that Chelsea is broke/Abrahimovich has refused to invest.
He used it as his justification for us not buying big.
Now if they spend £40mil on a player, it tears Duduspace' integrity into shreds.

I don't care if they spent the £40mil on Nwaneri or Messi, they spent the money and they're not broke like Dudu wants us to believe.

Duduspace is a fantasist.
He kept saying Chelsea and Man Utd have nothing to spend because they are crippled with debts and other flaming excuses.
Okay, Chelsea have thrown down the gauntlet now spending £40 million on Aguero. . . . .Now, Duduspace is saying the player won't add anything?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 10:10pm On Apr 30, 2010
Only clubs crippled with debt and are bankrupt can buy players for 40m
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 10:14pm On Apr 30, 2010
WE haven't bought Aguero or have we, as far as I'm concerned, it's all speculations until he puts pen on paper
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dipo2much(m): 10:16pm On Apr 30, 2010
Whether or not aguero is worth 40M is worth an argument. Manure want the guy and everyone knows he has the ability to do a rooney. Fantastic player.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:18pm On Apr 30, 2010
Dudu no recommendations?

I guess all the 'sustainability' has blinded you to the solutions I have been screaming about for two seasons.

A DM wouldn't cost 10m, neither would a good keeper, yet wenger refuses to buy. Don't worry - I'll get the recommendations posted to you after the 8th trophyless season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 2:29am On May 01, 2010
It's really hilarious when Dudu creates 'facts' in his head and then gathers 'evidence' to support it.
And then when he's caught out, he hangs on to irrelevant stuff like . . .'21 year old Aguero isn't needed in a team with two ageing strikers' cheesy cheesy

Just like when someone mentioned that Wenger's trophyless state is un-Arsenal.
Dudu's first statement was . . .'but we where a mid-table club'.

And then he actually holds on to the 'league position' part and ignoring the trophy aspect of club status.

I should spend time knocking down all the B.S but I'm on to bigger things, I want a one-on-one with Wenger on ITV. cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by hedoyad(m): 7:56am On May 01, 2010
So we've entered a new thread again eh? I once watched a movie where a guy kept waking up in his nightmare, every morning he would wake up thinking it was over only to realise he was still in the nightmare.

I hope Emirates will be only half full in Arsenal home games next season, that would send the right message.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 10:52am On May 01, 2010
Hed grin, na who ban you?!! ha ha ha Ol boy gbagbe gbogbo iyen jare. We will be here supporting no matter what.

Whats with all this Aguero bullshit, Eldee, as one of the 'best' debaters on NL if you were on the other side of this arguement you woulda told the person to stop making a point based on speculation. So please until the signing is announced lets leave the gossip for the females BBC!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 11:01am On May 01, 2010
slimshay:

Hed grin, na who ban you?!! ha ha ha Ol boy gbagbe gbogbo iyen jare. We will be here supporting no matter what.

Whats with all this Aguero bullshit, Eldee, as one of the 'best' debaters on NL if you were on the other side of this arguement you woulda told the person to stop making a point based on speculation. So please until the signing is announced lets leave the gossip for the females BBC!!!

Now I would accept that argument . . . it is more honourable than 'well even though I was wrong, they're still not gaining anything'.
But I just don't want any stories come August jare . . . Dudu's stories are just like Wenger's overplayed and uninteresting.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by hedoyad(m): 12:59pm On May 01, 2010
Hed , na who ban you?!! ha ha
ha Ol boy gbagbe gbogbo iyen
jare. We will be here supporting
no matter what.
Whats with all this Aguero
bullshit, Eldee, as one of the 'best'
debaters on NL if you were on
the other side of this arguement
you woulda told the person to
stop making a point based on
speculation. So please until the
signing is announced lets leave
the gossip for the females BBC!!!

grin Don't mind those Maradonna(not the Argentine one) apologists in the political section jare.
You mean Chelsea might be spending the equivalent of our transfer budget in one swoop ? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by scantee(m): 2:43pm On May 01, 2010
Arsenal Forward Andrey Arshavin Admits He Dreams Of A Move To Barcelona

dude ur welcome to the planet of footie
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by hedoyad(m): 4:11pm On May 01, 2010
Rumour season again

justarsenal.com/arsenal-rumours-may-1st-kjaer-noble-remy-and-van-persie/3845

The internet is full of more
Arsenal transfer rumours today,
and the list is getting longer and
longer as the transfer window
approaches. Just for a change
there are no goalkeepers linked
today, perhaps the papers have
realised that Wenger is going to
stick with Fabianski no matter
what they say?
But we do have a very possible
centre-back in the frame to
reinforce the Arsenal back line, in
the form of Simon Kjaer. The big
Danish international would be an
excellent partner for Thomas
Vermaelen, and after a fantastic
season for Palermo in Serie A is
certainly experienced enough to
manage the rigours of the
Premier League.
He is only 21 and could be a
long-term replacement for
William Gallas if the Frenchman
continues to procrastinate on his
new contract at Arsenal. He is
definitely a good possibility for
me.
Onto the midfield, and today we
are being linked with the West
Ham and England U21
international Mark Noble. With
nearly the whole West Ham team
up for sale, it is thought that he
could be snapped up at a
bargain price by Wenger.
Noble is obviously talented and at
just 22 is young enough for
Wenger to get some
improvement out of him, but
where he could fit in to the
Arsenal midfield I have no idea.
That is the one area that I can’t
imagine Wenger thinking of
improving, so I doubt that he will
be making a bid for Noble.
Loic Remy is being mentioned
again as a perfect addition to
Arsenal ’s strike force, and he has
already declared his wish to join
Arsene Wenger at the Emirates,
but, in my opinion, with
Chamakh ’s imminent arrival, I
think Wenger will resist the
temptation. Perhaps if Eduardo
decides to leave Remy could join
Nicklas Bendtner on the bench
next season?
Today’s ridiculous rumour from
Spain is that Barcelona still have
Robin Van Persie on their list of
targets if they fail to nab David
Villa from Valencia, and Goal
seems to think that Pep
Guardiola would prefer either
Van Persie or David Silva to
complement their already star-
studded attack force.
I suppose that now that
Barcelona know they can’t get
Fabregas no matter how much
they try, they will try and unsettle
Arsenal in other ways. But I am
absolutely certain that the Dutch
striker will be coming back to
Arsenal after the World Cup.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 4:31pm On May 01, 2010
Bayern has won a league title. You suckers going on 5 seasons without a trophy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 4:52pm On May 01, 2010
dayokanu:

Bayern has won a league title. You suckers going on 5 seasons without a trophy
If we were playing hamburg,Wolfsburg,Koln and co, we will be winning the league season after season grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 4:54pm On May 01, 2010
When your masters Manure were disgraced out of the CL by the same Bayern.

If Bayern has to play Manure and Arsenal every season, then we would definitely win the league 10years in a row.

Shameless club. I guess because you are not playing Hamburg makes you not have won CL in 50years
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Borat1: 5:37pm On May 01, 2010
Arsenal dont even have a matchday thread no more. . . grin cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 5:41pm On May 01, 2010
Whats there to celebrate in Failure?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by abes(m): 6:17pm On May 01, 2010
oh Lord, when will i celebrate my second trophy on nairaland?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 6:29pm On May 01, 2010
dayokanu:

When your masters Manure were disgraced out of the CL by the same Bayern.

If Bayern has to play Manure and Arsenal every season, then we would definitely win the league 10years in a row.

Shameless club. I guess because you are not playing Hamburg makes you not have won CL in 50years
You spew balderdash in litres
How can a 4-4 draw with Manure be termed as 'Disgracing Manure out of the CL'?
The Bundesliga is still rubbish,say whatever!
When was the last time a German club played in the CL finals or semis sef?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:32pm On May 01, 2010
Even though GAYYners are known to have a signifcantly lower IQ than others. You would still stand out in their midst.

When was the last time Arsenal won a trophy never mind a CL?

A Bundesliga club is in the final of the current CL while EPL clubs were disgraced out.

Its a fact that if Bayern has to play Arsenal and Man Utd 10 times each they would cop at least 8 wins each.

If these are the best teams in the EPL then Bayern is guaranteed truckload of league titles.

Tell me the record of these teams vs Bayern whenever they meet
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by hedoyad(m): 6:38pm On May 01, 2010
Whats there to celebrate in
Failure?

dayo if you know what malam spicy's "one thousand five naira, bling bling wey some people dey wear", you'll know that's what we equate german medals with
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 6:39pm On May 01, 2010
dayokanu:

Even though GAYYners are known to have a signifcantly lower IQ than others. You would still stand out in their midst.

When was the last time Arsenal won a trophy never mind a CL?

A Bundesliga club is in the final of the current CL while EPL clubs were disgraced out.

Its a fact that if Bayern has to play Arsenal and Man Utd 10 times each they would cop at least 8 wins each.

If these are the best teams in the EPL then Bayern is guaranteed truckload of league titles.

Tell me the record of these teams vs Bayern whenever they meet
Reh reh reh
Bla bla bla
Lemme help you.
I will answer your questions
Arsenal last won a trophy in May 2005(The Germans were yet to host the Mundial then grin) and have never won the CL before.
Now answer mine or shut the hell up
When last did a German team appear in this stage of the CL?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Manchester City (0 - 2) On 6th November 2021 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 / Real Madrid vs Chelsea UCL (1 - 1) On 27th April 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.