Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,727 members, 7,955,755 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:24 PM

Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. (15791 Views)

Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? / Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe / Response To Tithe Issue By A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by doctokwus: 9:18am On Mar 11, 2018
You tithe and u have been increased.
So what of the 90% that tithe as you do but have had their conditions worsened?
Go to the churches that preach tithe,have a personal encounter in their lives and see the misery of it.
Nigeria itself is evidence of the fakeness of tithing.With so much tithing,how come lives of millions,except that of Pastors,has continued to get worse?
People are tithing and losing their jobs.
People are tithing and closing down their businesses.
People are tithing and their employers owe them several months of salaries.
People are tithing and can't pay rent,their kids can't afford to go to school and sometimes wonder where the next meal would come from.
Tithing as practiced in Nigeria today is the same way we were practicing paganism till the whites liberated us.
Finally,how come Nigeria where people preach and practice tithing is still one of the poorest countries in the world compared to the Western world,Americas a nd even atheist countries like the Chinese or Indians that practice Hinduism?
Tithing is a scam.
Giving to society to people you are well-off than,and as the spirit moves you,is the universally practiced and accepted doctrine,not giving monthly to a scamming pastor to buy fleets of cars,build houses all over,buy an aeroplane or use that same tithe money to sleep around with girls or married women,or even practice gay sexual relationship as we now know some of them do.

10 Likes

Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by Paradigm777: 9:18am On Mar 11, 2018
No devil's manipulation will stop me from tithing. I discovered this secret as a little conductor boy back then in 2000. Today I'm a graduate living in my own house thru the mystery of tithing. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by styles2009: 9:23am On Mar 11, 2018
@Op
On a Sunday morning please get your facts right, the Vatican didn't get those wealth from people's freewill giving, they sold the false gospel of giving all your earthly possession in return to people making heaven, when they die grin
Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 11, 2018
MrWondah:
It sometimes baffles me the way some people take this tithing seriously even if they don't give.
I am not a serious church goer, but I've witnessed the benefits of giving. The reason I'm where I am today is not because I'm perfect but I received more than I give.

I once heard a story of a man who gave 90% for some months and he was blessed beyond measure. So one day I got a contract, 50k to design a site. It was a big money for me. I decided to give. Mind you those who know my story here may have a clue of the kind of person and the kind of life I live. I have only been in church once this year.

I went to the bank when I got paid, withdrew the 50k packaged it in an envelope with a note and dropped it in a church that Sunday.

I can tell you, though I've experienced difficult times most times, but I've made more than most of my mates/fellow students.

Though my tithe might not be regular but I always reap the benefit whenever I give.

I hope you eventually designed the site o?
Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by lakesider(m): 9:43am On Mar 11, 2018
It is good to give .
But bill gate give to only poor and not churches and pastors.

1 Like

Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:20am On Mar 11, 2018
awoyam1:
Personally I feel tithing is a very complex issue.

I feel the main ideology behind the blessing of tithing is all about sacrificial giving to a good cause.

Since the beginning of time, one law of God that touches all mankind is the law of giving.

God gave us life, gave his only begotten son for our salvation. God could have decided to save mankind without giving, he is God he can do anything but yet God gave all he had. Why? It is intertwined in spirituality that giving brings blessings.

Until a seed dies first it cannot bring forth fruit and life. The giving must be a form of sacrifice. God could have saved humanity with no stress, why did Jesus have to die such a terrible death, I feel because that gift for salvation must come at a price.

Going back to tithing. If I give my neighbour a part of my money if he/she is needy and that giving comes with a price, then I would benefit from the gift of that sacrifice, I may not need to tithe. Bill gates, Muslims, Dangote, Atheist etc all do that. There is psychological term for it called Altruism- giving to make you feel good. But actually I believe the feeling of good is a return of blessing but psychologists minimized the tangible return effect of the giving by focusing only on the emotional return giving causes.

I know a Muslim he was building a mosque in his town. He was very slow to complete it because he feels once he stops, the blessing may stop.

But as a Christian do I have to start looking for my needy neighbour every time. What if no one comes to me for help. What then do I do.

This I where I feel giving every month to a church comes in. I don’t then have to worry about looking for a needy neighbour. I would rather give to a bible believing church fully knowing I’m giving for a good purpose. The percentage of what you give is just the value or price of what it costs you. 10% of anyone earnings is a big sacrifice. I actually believe if you give more that 10% you get more blessings.

A lot of North Americans give for good cause by giving to their church. People just feel it’s safer to give where their heart is and whom they trust. People choose the church only because of trust. In my church here in North America, the account is published, they receive more than the church budgets for every year. It was a surprise to me.

The idea of looking for a needy neighbour is very tricky. They are lots of scammers out there. How do I really know who is needy. I would rather give to my church first and then give to someone else afterwards who I feel is needy.

God owns the church. If I trust my church and give to it, I’m directing giving to God. Complex issue though. But if I give to my neighbour, I may feel I’m helping the needy but I may be wrong about how needy that person is. It’s a gamble.

Finally, one thing I know about humans is that if an habit isn’t beneficial people wouldn't do it. Simple. Let’s ask why do people keep giving to the church. Humans beings are not naturally stupid. Humans have changed their behaviour and evolved over the years if they see no need for such a behaviour. But giving to the church as remained for many centuries. Why exactly. The Catholic Church is the richest institution in the entire world. They have their own city. (Vatican City). Why? Years of people giving to it. Why do they keep giving to the church, because they see a return in blessings. Charity giving to non profit organization worldwide keeps dropping Year after year. This whole idea Pastors force people to tithe does not fully justify why humans give to their church. If it’s wasn’t beneficial to them, how would a Pastor force them. Pastors don’t have access to peoples accounts. I’m talking worldwide here.

Very importantly Africans really are not a giving race. We are very self centred, reason our continent is the way it is. We rarely sacrifice for ourselves. If the pastors never preached about tithing, many would not give and may not have benefited from the blessings of giving.

Also the way the media and people outside the church paints this issue of tithing is like they assume most church goers tithe. When I was in Europe the Pastor told me it was very few people that was maintaining the account of the church. He said most people are in church are there to receive not to give financially. He even mentioned they would come asking in boldness because they assume all the others where giving. They would count the church population and multiply by 10% and assume the finances most be great. They would then ask for their share. It’s less 10% of the church population that tithe faithfully.

I never used to tithe consistently until 2012. I am a very practical ‘somebody’. I told Wife I’m going to experiment if I indeed I receive blessings like it is in the bible. To the glory of God my income has increased every year incrementally since then. I am even afraid to stop now. No Pastor forced or preached to me. My pastor in Europe never preached it. It was a total miracle to me. I repeat every year my income has increased. Even that same year 2012 I took time off to work part time and I earned more than 2011. I earned almost double of the income of 2011 in 2012 . My employer told me they made a mistake in my salary grade and returned a big cheque to me that year.

That doesn’t stop me from giving for other causes still. Last week gave a girl that I work with $50, she had a baby. I was very tight on cash that day but just gave her. Within same period a client left exactly $50 for me. I’m not saying it works like a charm or juju method. But I knew it was because I sacrificed that money. My body was dead to itself when I dropped that $50. I needed that money for something that day but forfeited it. I actually returned the $50 back to the client that left it. My work place policy states you can’t receive money from customers. But it was a lesson for me.

It’s not every time I give that I expect a return.I have done sacrificial giving with no expectations at all but when I see my children in good health and doing well, I get a good feeling and I know I don’t need a tangible return of blessing. I feel that altruistic feeling psychologists described. God himself felt very good afterwards after he gave Jesus for my salvation.

Finally I repeat, tithing is a complex issue. Everyman to himself. God is the one that sees our hearts.

I stopped reading this crap when you started comparing 'tithe' and 'philanthropy' then you went ahead to say you can give more than 10% to get more blessings. Its obvious you are either one of those fake pastors trying to decieve people into giving with a sugarcoated lie or you just don't understand that tithe is a "law' under the old testament and as christians under the 'new law' if we continue to subject ourself to the old law then Jesus Christ would have died in vain.

If you want to give every Sunday in church you can give an " offering " an offering is used for the further expansion of the ministry and used to help the needy (including the pastor) that's if you don't want to go to orphanages yourself, with the "offering" you can give up to any amount you can and not subjected to give a certain percentage... you can even give everything you have if that's what suit you.

A 'tithe' (that monthly 10% enslavement fee) on the other hand goes straight into the "Pastors" bank account and he can chose to give to the poor or decides to buy another shinny "private jet' the " Free money" belongs to him and not to God.

Bottom line, If you want to really give to God and you are sceptical about how the Church will spend your money (judging from the overwhelming list of fake churches around) it is better you give to the poor directly, help the helpless directly, give scholarships directly, help your neighbors directly, feed those in hunger directly, or setup an NGO if you have the funds.... The bible which is the word of God never made it mandatory to give "through" the church if you must help someone.

I support giving of "offering" and highly unapologetical against "tithing"

Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD. - Psalm 14:4

Selah.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 11, 2018
awoyam1:

Going back to tithing. If I give my neighbour a part of my money if he/she is needy and that giving comes with a price, then I would benefit from the gift of that sacrifice, I may not need to tithe. Bill gates, Muslims, Dangote, Atheist etc all do that. There is psychological term for it called Altruism- giving to make you feel good. But actually I believe the feeling of good is a return of blessing but psychologists minimized the tangible return effect of the giving by focusing only on the emotional return giving causes.

Point of correction, Altruism does not mean "giving to make you feel good"

Altruism is selfless giving with no expectation of reward and in some cases even to ones own hurt.

As for the tithe matter, you need to be de-brainwashed cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by Olii(f): 10:23am On Mar 11, 2018
Freeze's brethren are coming for you, Happy Sunday by the way

1 Like

Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by MrWondah(m): 10:25am On Mar 11, 2018
prince3009:

I hope you eventually designed the site o?
I've done couple of other sites and still getting more recommendations
Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by gabe: 10:34am On Mar 11, 2018
Please anybody that wants to tithe should do so. Just stop confusing people with lies. OP says his income has increased incrementally over the years because he tithes. A worker who earns regular salary attributes his increase in salary to tithing. Which salary earner doesn't get some increase in earnings as he grows on the job? Another person who does regular jobs says he earns more than his mates because he tithes. No sir. You earn more than your mates because you WORK in a profession that pays you well for your skill set.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by gidjah(m): 10:36am On Mar 11, 2018
Op, you tried she. If you do not have neibors to share with pls send your help to Africa, over half d population is in serious wants, her leaders have impoverished her followers. Get 2or more fatherless and motherless kids, try training them for school look for poor widow, help their kids, get some blind persons help train them.... The benefits you get here can never be gotten by the so called scam tithing we practice in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by Modupeolatemi01(f): 10:37am On Mar 11, 2018
For ur mind now u sabi bible? Mr. Accuser of the brethren. Pele

styles2009:

Doing anything apart from what Jesus died for simply means "Anti" therefore i call you an Anti Christ.
It states clearly, who malachi was referring to, not you but the priest.
Not giving to the needy,poor, widows and foreigners as you call it "Tricky" simply makes you an Anti Christ again.
Lastly, Sheeple, read you bible well, it's 1% not 10% and God doesn't need your tithes, worship him in praises as you are covered by his "Grace".
Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by Modupeolatemi01(f): 10:38am On Mar 11, 2018
They are here already.

Olii:
Freeze's brethren are coming for you, Happy Sunday by the way
Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by gidjah(m): 10:40am On Mar 11, 2018
Let churches In Africa be open wit her account publish her monthly income and you will see how reckless they are financially. They spend over 90
% of their income on administration and beauties rather than the main purpose god asked the thites for!!!
Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by lovethchioma(f): 11:04am On Mar 11, 2018
I stopped reading the post when I got to the place where he said that what if he doesn't find any poor to give to. like seriously? Poor people are everywhere... they are at your right, left, centre. How come you are not finding them?

Another thing, may I let you know that paying your tithe is different from giving to the poor. If you want to pay your tithe, by all means do so. But that doesn't replace helping the poor people around you.. which to me is the best.
Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by segmatic: 11:10am On Mar 11, 2018
YesNo:
Awwwwww....

Summary of all this long epistle is just
Another Trade by Barter theory.

Treat your God like a God. Not a money doubler.
Give, expecting NOTHING in return. Just Give.

Most people like this only give cos they believe a blessing will come because they gave someone food or paid tithe. If there was no blessing attached... then their money will remain in their pocket.

Just Give and walk away. That's why when things get hard for them... they start telling God to remember all the money they have been giving and bless them. Trade by Barter.
How do I give more likes to this comment. You are a thinker. I have always had the same believe. If I give with the "believe" that I will receive in multiple folds, so what differentiates the church (with regards to giving) from investment companies hedge funds etc

Some will say "I give to God". Please!!!!! God that created the earth, solar system, galaxies with billions of stars, treasures beyond what we have ever given, created or even imagined will need our tithes.

God does not need our money or gifts, doesn't he own everything?? Humanity needs our money, love and kindness.
I also don't believe you will "reap" according to what you given.

What did Bill Gates sow to be amongst the top 3 richest people in the world for over 2 decades? He sowed innovation, hard work
and dedication. He will NEVER get what he has given in terms of aid and charity. He does it because it believes it's the right thing and that if everyone helps the other person in need, MOST of the worlds problems will be solved.

Most people go to church seeking for something (prosperity, good health, protection etc), Selfish!!! How many people give just because they want to help the other person? They "PH" because they want to "GH". That's primitive to me.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by chimanairaland: 11:18am On Mar 11, 2018
The Top 10 Reasons PTZ Cameras Will Benefit Your Worship Video Program
Houses of worship are live streaming their services more and more. They’re mostly relying on volunteers to produce their video. Pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) camera systems make it easy to produce video especially for volunteers with remote camera controls and easy presets. PTZOptics makes some of the most cost-effective camera systems on the market today. Why? Take a look at the Top 10 list below to see how your ministry will benefit from PTZOptics camera systems.

#1: Easy Camera Control Options
Continue reading http://vsmediatech.com/the-top-10-reasons-ptz-cameras-will-benefit-your-worship-video-program

Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by zibe(m): 11:30am On Mar 11, 2018
Sigh. We should be thinking of how to advance the nation via science and technology and other means and not all these debates about personal gratification from paying tithe.

Next thing now someone would come and say tithe helped him secure visa to a country that doesn't believe in paying tithe. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by toro92: 11:30am On Mar 11, 2018
lonikit:

imagine the bolded above. this shows u are hypocrite. poor pple are always around u.
must the poor come to ask u bfr u giv them.??
when ur sis, mother, or wife is menstruating, does she go to church?? why does she disobey the law and obey the one that has to do with money??hypocrites everywhere. its obvious u dont even understand the concept of tithe.

When was the last time you looked for a needy person to give to?
If you can answer this then you criticism is justified.
Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by yemi15(m): 11:38am On Mar 11, 2018
Mayydayy:
When you said North America.I decided to forgive you.
How many of your pastors over there have private jets for everyday of the week.

They get o, you no know the smiling money-grubbing idiot called Joel Osteen and Creflo Dollar ni?

1 Like

Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by bezimo(m): 11:38am On Mar 11, 2018
awoyam1:

I feel the main ideology behind the blessing of tithing is all about sacrificial giving to a good cause.

Since the beginning of time, one law of God that touches all mankind is the law of giving.

God gave us life, gave his only begotten son for our salvation. God could have decided to save mankind without giving, he is God he can do anything but yet God gave all he had. Why? It is intertwined in spirituality that giving brings blessings.

Until a seed dies first it cannot bring forth fruit and life. The giving must be a form of sacrifice. God could have saved humanity with no stress, why did Jesus have to die such a terrible death, I feel because that gift for salvation must come at a price.

I know a Muslim he was building a mosque in his town. He was very slow to complete it because he feels once he stops, the blessing may stop.

But as a Christian do I have to start looking for my needy neighbour every time. What if no one comes to me for help. What then do I do.

This I where I feel giving every month to a church comes in. I don’t then have to worry about looking for a needy neighbour. I would rather give to a bible believing church fully knowing I’m giving for a good purpose. The percentage of what you give is just the value or price of what it costs you. 10% of anyone earnings is a big sacrifice. I actually believe if you give more that 10% you get more blessings.

A lot of North Americans give for good cause by giving to their church. People just feel it’s safer to give where their heart is and whom they trust. People choose the church only because of trust. In my church here in North America, the account is published, they receive more than the church budgets for every year. It was a surprise to me.

The idea of looking for a needy neighbour is very tricky. They are lots of scammers out there. How do I really know who is needy. I would rather give to my church first and then give to someone else afterwards who I feel is needy.

God owns the church. If I trust my church and give to it, I’m directing giving to God. Complex issue though. But if I give to my neighbour, I may feel I’m helping the needy but I may be wrong about how needy that person is. It’s a gamble.

Finally, one thing I know about humans is that if an habit isn’t beneficial people wouldn't do it. Simple. Let’s ask why do people keep giving to the church. Humans beings are not naturally stupid. Humans have changed their behaviour and evolved over the years if they see no need for such a behaviour. But giving to the church as remained for many centuries. Why exactly. The Catholic Church is the richest institution in the entire world. They have their own city. (Vatican City). Why? Years of people giving to it. Why do they keep giving to the church, because they see a return in blessings. Charity giving to non profit organization worldwide keeps dropping Year after year. This whole idea Pastors force people to tithe does not fully justify why humans give to their church. If it’s wasn’t beneficial to them, how would a Pastor force them. Pastors don’t have access to peoples accounts. I’m talking worldwide here.

Very importantly Africans really are not a giving race. We are very self centred, reason our continent is the way it is. We rarely sacrifice for ourselves. If the pastors never preached about tithing, many would not give and may not have benefited from the blessings of giving.

Also the way the media and people outside the church paints this issue of tithing is like they assume most church goers tithe. When I was in Europe the Pastor told me it was very few people that was maintaining the account of the church. He said most people are in church are there to receive not to give financially. He even mentioned they would come asking in boldness because they assume all the others where giving. They would count the church population and multiply by 10% and assume the finances most be great. They would then ask for their share. It’s less 10% of the church population that tithe faithfully.

I never used to tithe consistently until 2012. I am a very practical ‘somebody’. I told Wife I’m going to experiment if I indeed I receive blessings like it is in the bible. To the glory of God my income has increased every year incrementally since then. I am even afraid to stop now. No Pastor forced or preached to me. My pastor in Europe never preached it. It was a total miracle to me. I repeat every year my income has increased. Even that same year 2012 I took time off to work part time and I earned more than 2011. I earned almost double of the income of 2011 in 2012 . My employer told me they made a mistake in my salary grade and returned a big cheque to me that year.

That doesn’t stop me from giving for other causes still. Last week gave a girl that I work with $50, she had a baby. I was very tight on cash that day but just gave her. Within same period a client left exactly $50 for me. I’m not saying it works like a charm or juju method. But I knew it was because I sacrificed that money. My body was dead to itself when I dropped that $50. I needed that money for something that day but forfeited it. I actually returned the $50 back to the client that left it. My work place policy states you can’t receive money from customers. But it was a lesson for me.

It’s not every time I give that I expect a return.I have done sacrificial giving with no expectations at all but when I see my children in good health and doing well, I get a good feeling and I know I don’t need a tangible return of blessing. I feel that altruistic feeling psychologists described. God himself felt very good afterwards after he gave Jesus for my salvation.

Finally I repeat, tithing is a complex issue. Everyman to himself. God is the one that sees our hearts.

Well said. I cant agree any less.
God bless you.
I believe in tithing and will say I have good reasons based on experience to continue to tithe.
But watch it, the goats doomed for damnation will coming attacking.
Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by Afonjanightmare(m): 11:41am On Mar 11, 2018
No one cares whether you tithe or not, it's your money, waste it as you like

Boring.
Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by lonikit: 11:53am On Mar 11, 2018
toro92:
When was the last time you looked for a needy person to give to? If you can answer this then you criticism is justified.
I owe u no explanation. react to the thread.
Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by lonikit: 11:57am On Mar 11, 2018
bezimo:

Well said. I cant agree any less.
God bless you.
I believe in tithing and will say I have good reasons based on experience to continue to tithe.
But watch it, the goats doomed for damnation will coming attacking.

Matthew 12:34 KJV
O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
[35] A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. [36] But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. [37] For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 11, 2018
Im tempted to walk away from this thread but let me comment because I may not know who will benefit.

Please pay your title. Or rather reserve a 10% of your money for the needy - orphans, widows, fatherless. I know what I'm saying and I'm a living testimony. I don't even know how to explain it.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by 2sizzlin(m): 1:49pm On Mar 11, 2018
YesNo:
Awwwwww....

Summary of all this long epistle is just
Another Trade by Barter theory.

Treat your God like a God. Not a money doubler.
Give, expecting NOTHING in return. Just Give.

Most people like this only give cos they believe a blessing will come because they gave someone food or paid tithe. If there was no blessing attached... then their money will remain in their pocket.

Just Give and walk away. Thats why when things get hard for them... they start telling God to remember all the money they have been giving and bless them. Trade by Barter.

Multiple rounds of applause! Correct guy.
Who's your teacher?
Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by UJIC(m): 1:55pm On Mar 11, 2018
awoyam1:

True bro. We rarely give and that's a major reason we are reluctant to grow.

Giving is a natural boomerang, when channeled to a divine course, it invokes the supernatural.

Most atheists prosper more than christians because the understand this law perfectly. Little wonder why in many churches today, pastors rarely live large cos they see no reason to sow when the G.O calls for it. They really believe that they should be receiving while the G.O will be making dangerous sacrifices throught alms to the needy.

The ground gave to God for the creation of the dearest creature - man, and it has been receiving everything that comes to earth.
Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by umuna(m): 2:15pm On Mar 11, 2018
awoyam1:

God himself felt very good afterwards after he gave Jesus for my salvation.
Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by UJIC(m): 2:31pm On Mar 11, 2018
Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by UJIC(m): 2:35pm On Mar 11, 2018
awoyam1:

My friend this is so so true, I've experienced it and was so shocked.
When I recieved my first salary, I went to the market straight from work to buy my parents gift just to show love to them. I went for wrist watch, expensive ones (at least to my standard) after buying for my parents, it just came like a whisper to me "why not buy one for your elder sister" trust me, when that kind of voice speaks to you, you are near defenceless against it so I had to heed the voice and bought for her also.
After mom and dad's blessing for the gift, I went to my sis, showed her the wrist watch and asked if she liked it, she admired it so much that she teased if it was for my girl and we laughed. I told her she can have it, she couldn't believe her ears that she needed confirmation.
Right there and then out of great surprise and joy she told me that she just gave out her only wrist watch to her friend who begged for it. She said that it pained her while giving it out but she had to and here she is with a better one in less than two weeks.
I still feel goose bumps to this moment whenever I remember the testimony that God actually finds a (better) replacement for whatever we give out in good course.
I have my own testimonies for giving but of all heard and experienced, this is still the shock of my life because it proves that God needs no prayers to see and reward.
Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by Synthase(m): 2:53pm On Mar 11, 2018
Nice one. Just when a pastor was telling his congregation today that they will not make heaven for paying tithe.
Tithe may have been a standard in ancient time to demonstrate the amount you can give, but remember it is no longer the standard after all, God did not give 10 percent of Jesus, He gave complete Jesus, so you can be like him and give your all or as much as you purpose in your heart with the measure of grace giving to you; you could even retain 10% as a standard but don't be cowed into giving what your heart is giving. Statement such as the above is nothing but heretic.
Re: Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. by Lightening: 3:11pm On Mar 11, 2018
styles2009:
@Op
On a Sunday morning please get your facts right, the Vatican didn't get those wealth from people's freewill giving, they sold the false gospel of giving all your earthly possession in return to people making heaven, when they die grin

What's the source of this information. I am very interested.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paul Enenche Blasts Looters: ‘There Are So Many Useless Rich Men In Nigeria' / The Rosicrucian Order And Its Multiple Lies / Is Allah Not The Arabic Word For Jehovah God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.