Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? (1277 Views)

TB Joshua's Burial: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Top Nigerian Pastors Refuse To Attend / Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? / Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 10, 2022
I Am Not Guilty!

Why I am not guilty of “robbing God” when I don’t tithe…

1. God said His holy tithes were to be agricultural, not monetary (Lev. 27:30-33) I do not grow crops, nor do I breed livestock.

2. God said His holy tithes were to be given to widows, orphans, Levites and foreigners living in the land of Israel/Canaan (Deut. 14:22-29) I am not in the land of Israel, so it is impossible to give my tithes to those who are the only ones God said His tithes were to go to.

3. Tithing is to be observed only once one crosses the Jordan and enters Canaan. (Deut. 6:1-3; 12:10-11) I have never crossed the Jordan River, nor have I entered Canaan.

4. The ordinances God gave to Israel, He gave to no other nation. (Psalm 147:19-20)

5. Judaizer’s in AD 51 demanded that Gentile Believers be made to observe Israel’s ordinances of the Mosaic Law. (Acts 15:5) The Apostle Peter told them they were tempting God by demanding such. (Acts 15:10) The Apostle James said they were subverting the souls of Gentile Believers with their demands. (Acts 15:24) The Apostles and the Holy Ghost determined and decreed that the Gentile Believers were not to be required to keep the ordinances of the Mosaic Law. (Acts 15:28-29)

6. The Apostles sent a letter to the Gentile Believers telling them they were not bound by the ordinances of the Mosaic Law, but that they had to observe four “necessary things”. Tithing was not one of those “necessary things”. (Acts 15:28-29)

7. In AD 59, the Apostle James reminded the Apostle Paul that the Gentile Believers were free from the Mosaic Law. (Acts 21:23-25)

8. In the last place in the Bible that tithes are commanded, the commanded tithes are still “according to the Law”; i.e., agricultural, and for the children of Israel. (Hebrews 7:5-cool

9. The tithe still belongs to the Levites, not to pastors living on Gentile soil. (Hebrews 7:5-cool

10. Remarkably absent from the pages of the word of God is any command or instruction for members of the New Testament Church to tithe their money to their local Church.

11. God never commanded a tithe of money in His Holy word. It is a doctrine of man-made construct.

Jesus said of the Pharisees, “In vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men”

12. In the Bible,

a. tithes were never commanded for the New Testament Church,
b. tithes were never carried to the New Testament Church,
c. tithes were never collected in the New Testament Church,
d. tithes were never controlled by the New Testament Church.

In light of the Scriptural facts, I can say without doubt that I am not “robbing God” if I fail to tithe my money to a building doing business as a 'Church'. In light of the fact that God never authorized pastors to teach their congregations that He requires tithes of money, I can say without reserve that pastors are robbing their congregations of money through their monetary tithe requirement lie and through their handling of the word of God deceitfully.

Credit: Ronald W. Robey

NB: I find this piece interesting and will like to hear your views as well. Kindly back your positions with Bible passages.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by chatinent: 11:04am On Apr 10, 2022
No.
Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by GardenOfGod(m): 11:06am On Apr 10, 2022
Are you a Christian or a Jew?

Jews were commanded to pay tithe not Christians!

Don't be a merchandise to business men com GO!

Before anyone quote me...
You might want to tell us where Jesus or the Apostles commanded the payment or collection of tithes.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 11:07am On Apr 10, 2022
Go and read mathew 23vs23
Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by omoiyamayor(m): 11:09am On Apr 10, 2022
No man can rub God, money is one of earth inventions to value trade, now let me ask this, why don’t God confiscate the wealth of a man that refuses to tithe when he’s dead? Your religion leaders are just blackmailing you for gift of life which is a fundamental right irrespective of your faith.
Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:12am On Apr 10, 2022
litigator:

Why I am not guilty of “robbing God” when I don’t tithe...

That is one of the things thieves say when they are trying to defend their stealing, UNTIL THEY REACH COURT!

And where shown how stupid they are!
Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by omoiyamayor(m): 11:13am On Apr 10, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
Go and read mathew 23vs23
when you quote bible for topic like this it just give an atheist reason to embrace atheism more. They see religion like a system while books like bible is like a constitution, so if you don’t subscribe to the system you have nothing to be worried about.
Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:15am On Apr 10, 2022
omoiyamayor:
why don’t God confiscate the wealth of a man that refuses to tithe when he’s dead? .

Aha, you people are very funny o. Does a person confiscate his own thing? Did you not hear "the earth is mine and the fullness thereof?"
Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:17am On Apr 10, 2022
GardenOfGod:
[
Before anyone quote me...
You might want to tell us where Jesus or the Apostles commanded the payment or collection of tithes.

Did He not clearly say "What did the Commandments Say ... THIS DO"?
Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

That is one of the things thieves say when they are trying to defend their stealing, UNTIL THEY REACH COURT!

Boss! The author supported his position with Bible verses.

And I am impressed. If you want to join issues with him, kindly support your position with Bible passages.

I am just an Omnist trying to know more about the Bible. Believe me, I have learnt a lot since the day I discovered Isaiah 45 and Ecclesiastics 12.

I simply understood the position that I need not be holy to go to church but I should go to church in other to become a better person. This is simply because “ …faith comes by hearing and by hearing the word of God”.

Now kindly build our faith by supporting your position with Bible positions as did the Original author.

Shalom

3 Likes

Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by GardenOfGod(m): 11:32am On Apr 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

On what subject matter?

1 Like

Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by GardenOfGod(m): 11:34am On Apr 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Quote the scriptures that mention that Christ or the Apostles or the early Christians paid or received tithes.... Simple and we are done discussions....

Don't bring illogical issues please.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:39am On Apr 10, 2022
GardenOfGod:

On what subject matter?

Change of Post. The issue is Did Jesus or His Disciples respect and defer to God's Words aka The Commandments?

And now you see the answer is "YES, THEY HELD IT UP".
Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:58am On Apr 10, 2022
GardenOfGod:

Quote the scriptures that mention that Christ or the Apostles or the early Christians paid or received tithes.... Simple and we are done discussions....

Don't bring illogical issues please.

The scripture shows that the disciples respected and kept The Commandments. Luke 24:56 and neither do we see any of them break The Commandment and we see Peter even staying within The Commandment of the eating of unclean meat in Acts 10:11-16.

That should show you that "God's Words (The Commandments) NEVER CHANGED AND THE DISCIPLES KEPT THEM.

Thus, show if you can if or whether you see the disciples BREAK EVEN ONE OF THE COMMANDMENTS!
Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by omoiyamayor(m): 12:11pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Aha, you people are very funny o. Does a person confiscate his own thing? Did you not hear "the earth is mine and the fullness thereof?"
so if everything belongs to him, all your income should go to the church, shouldn’t be 10% instead. Listen brethren the world is not a Christian land, implying bible verses in the world we live is a bit too slow for this century, Christianity controls 31% of world’s population, convincing the rest 69% especially when they are not 1 will take eternity.
Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by obonujoker(m): 12:13pm On Apr 10, 2022
Yes you are.

What you do physically is recorded spiritually as well.
Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:22pm On Apr 10, 2022
omoiyamayor:
so if everything belongs to him, all your income should go to the church, shouldn’t be 10% instead.

Then that tells you EVERYTHING WE HAVE IS A GIFT!

AND THAT THE THE GIFTOR HAS BEEN GOOD TO US IN NOT CLAIMING AND TAKING EVERYTHING TO HIMSELF.

BUT RATHER THAT IN EXERCISE OF HIS RIGHTS OF OWNERSHIP, HE HAS HEREBY APPORTIONED A SMALL PART OF YOUR OWN GIFT, TO BE GIVEN TO HE WHO HAS NO GIFT!

AND YOU ARE GREATLY EVIL IF YOU CAN NOT SEE THAT THIS IS THE DEFINITION OF GOODNESS.
Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

The scripture shows that the disciples respected and kept The Commandments. Luke 24:56 and neither do we see any of them break The Commandment and we see Peter even staying within The Commandment of the eating of unclean meat in Acts 10:11-16.

That should show you that "God's Words (The Commandments) NEVER CHANGED AND THE DISCIPLES KEPT THEM.

Thus, show if you can if or whether you see the disciples BREAK EVEN ONE OF THE COMMANDMENTS!

What about Acts 15 as it concerned the Gentiles? Where the Gentiles brought under the law in Acts 15?

1 Like

Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by omoiyamayor(m): 12:32pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Then that tells you EVERYTHING WE HAVE IS A GIFT!

AND THAT THE THE GIFTOR HAS BEEN GOOD TO US IN NOT CLAIMING AND TAKING EVERYTHING TO HIMSELF.

BUT RATHER THAT IN EXERCISE OF HIS RIGHTS OF OWNERSHIP, HE HAS HEREBY APPORTIONED A SMALL PART OF YOUR OWN GIFT, TO BE GIVEN TO HE WHO HAS NO GIFT!

AND YOU ARE GREATLY EVIL IF YOU CAN NOT SEE THAT THIS IS THE DEFINITION OF GOODNESS.
truly religion has contributed to the backwardness of this planet, the only gift human is breath, the rest you have to earn it, educate, good standard of living,materials, safety, even your daily bread and so on, when you understand that you have to earn your living and nothing goes for nothing this continent will move on, while Africans are waiting for rapture the west are waiting for death, this makes innovations not to stop, rapture said end of world, death said end of lifetime. See the difference.
Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:34pm On Apr 10, 2022
litigator:

What about Acts 15 as it concerned the Gentiles? Where the Gentiles brought under the law in Acts 15?

The Law is not unreasonable, it is always people who are fraudulent and always bending The Law in the direction they wish to manipulate it to for their selfish purposes.

Look at the The Beginning of The Law, you would see the provision for the entry of Strangers (gentiles) AND HOW THEY SHALL BE PROCESSED to become as God's Chosen people.

Thus, the disciples were very much aware of the Almost impossibility of applying The Laws on the gentiles FOR PEOPLE ARE FIRST SET IN THE WAY THAT' THEY ARE NATURALLY ACCUSTOMED TO.

EVEN THE ISRAELITES FIRST FAILED IN KEEPING THE LAW WHEN IT WAS FIRST GIVEN TO THEM. THOUGH, THEY STILL NEVER KEPT IT EVEN WHEN THEY HAD BECOME ACCUSTOMED TO IT.

So, if the Israelites themselves failed in keeping The Law when they first had it, is it now the Stranger (gentiles) who would do so?

It takes practice and time to get accustomed with keeping The Law for it would be very very difficult at the first!

And every reasonable person knows and understands this, which is why we see the sound Judgement in Acts 15!
Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:41pm On Apr 10, 2022
omoiyamayor:
truly religion has contributed to the backwardness of this planet, the only gift human is breath, the rest you have to earn it, educate, good standard of living,materials, safety, even your daily bread and so on, when you understand that you have to earn your living and nothing goes for nothing this continent will move on, while Africans are waiting for rapture the west are waiting for death, this makes innovations not to stop, rapture said end of world, death said end of lifetime. See the difference.

CHANGE OF POST! Meaning, you have nothing valid to say!

NOW YOU HAVE MOVED TO START TALKING ABOUT GOD'S CURSE ON STUPID AND FOOLISH PEOPLE, WHO NEVER LISTEN TO HIM!

ALL YOU HAVE DESCRIBED IS WRAPPED UP IN THE WORD

"Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the LORD. He will be like a bush in the wastelands; he will not see prosperity when it comes. He will dwell in the parched places of the desert, in a salt land where no one lives." Jeremiah 17:5
Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:18pm On Apr 10, 2022
litigator:

Boss! The author supported his position with Bible verses.

And I am impressed. If you want to join issues with him, kindly support your position with Bible passages.

I am just an Omnist trying to know more about the Bible. Believe me, I have learnt a lot since the day I discovered Isaiah 45 and Ecclesiastics 12.

I simply understood the position that I need not be holy to go to church but I should go to church in other to become a better person. This is simply because “ …faith comes by hearing and by hearing the word of God”.

Now kindly build our faith by supporting your position with Bible positions as did the Original author.

Shalom

"Whoso keepeth THE LAW is a wise son: Proverbs 28:7

Psalm 119:1

Psalm 119:4

Psalm 119:9

Psalm 119:105.

Just to mention a few.

1 Like

Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Just to mention a few.

So you support we keep all the laws in Deut and Exodus?

Including stoning adulterous women to dealt hand the eye for eye doctrine?

1 Like

Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by OkCornel(m): 1:58pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Just to mention a few.

Do you tithe as the law specifies it should be done?

Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29.

Mind you, the Law never requested for tithes monetarily.
Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by omoiyamayor(m): 2:04pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

CHANGE OF POST! Meaning, you have nothing valid to say!

NOW YOU HAVE MOVED TO START TALKING ABOUT GOD'S CURSE ON STUPID AND FOOLISH PEOPLE, WHO NEVER LISTEN TO HIM!

ALL YOU HAVE DESCRIBED IS WRAPPED UP IN THE WORD

"Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the LORD. He will be like a bush in the wastelands; he will not see prosperity when it comes. He will dwell in the parched places of the desert, in a salt land where no one lives." Jeremiah 17:5

exactly my point, you are quoting life for me from bible, how sure are you I am a Christian, what if I’m a Buddhist? Bible curse, does and don’t are for Christians,it doesnt affect non Christians,just like British constitution is different from France’ yet they are both keeping there citizens happy immigration rule in china is not the same with Australia’.You are getting ahead of yourself brethren, you have to see life beyond religion. If tithe is a mandatory by God the world leaders will enforce it because we all worship the same God through different means but instead they demanded for tax which they eventually loot. Point is tithe is a gift of life blackmail by your pastors for them to loot after, it has nothing to do with God.

1 Like

Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:16pm On Apr 10, 2022
Tithe is 10 percent of your gain in the business you engage in, time is money so instead of paying humans like you cash/farm produce why not pay Jesus Christ your tithe directly by engaging in the work he commissioned which will surely take your time (money)? Hebrews 7:11-12

Jesus commanded us to go and visit our neighbours, preach and teach them all the things he taught us. By doing so your time (money) will be paid directly to Jesus! smiley
Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by sonmvayina(m): 2:35pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Was it you or someone else that said Satan owns the earth. I think it might be MaxInDHouse....
Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by sonmvayina(m): 2:53pm On Apr 10, 2022
The only way you can become rich by tithing is if you are the one collecting it. Aside that you are being scamed..
Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:57pm On Apr 10, 2022
sonmvayina:

Was it you or someone else that said Satan owns rules the earth. I think it might be MaxInDHouse....

Edited! smiley

1 Like

Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by sonmvayina(m): 3:07pm On Apr 10, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Edited! smiley

Ok,

God owns it, but Satan rules it...

So that means Satan works for God...

Nice arrangements..
Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:26pm On Apr 10, 2022
sonmvayina:

Ok,
God owns it, but Satan rules it...
So that means Satan works for God...
Nice arrangements..

God owns the earth but Satan rules it presently. Further explanation is what we learned later! wink
Re: Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? by jmoore(m): 4:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You have said one of the things scammers say when they are trying to defending their scams, UNTIL THEY REACH COURT!

And are shown how stupid they are!

Every person should eat his/her own tithe.

Deuteronomy 14 verse 23 "Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the LORD your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the LORD your God always."

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Agnosticism Journey* / The Lebanon-israel Conflict / Why Did Jesus Come Into The World? To Judge Or Not To Judge?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.