Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief (19613 Views)

I Challenge Pastordavidawuj To Answer My Questions On His Claims / What's The Yoruba Traditional Belief Of Afterlife? / Anton Levay Tells The New Age To Give Satan His Religion Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by hopefulLandlord: 6:35pm On Sep 06, 2018
@vaxx, what's the Yoruba TR's view on fate?
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by vaxx: 3:31pm On Sep 08, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
@vaxx, what's the Yoruba TR's view on fate?
well, all I know is that IFA teaches one thing about faith. Which i called self awareness. Like i am the pilot of my own plane every decision i made or fail to make triggered a course of action that forced the materialization of the reality (Experiences). In essence, ifa teaches that we are all creators of our reality(ori), and we do this without being aware that we are doing it. All it takes is perfect alignment of orisha + self + Emotion.

i am aware when we attempt to consciously create our desired in reality most people fail. but the failure those not reflect a lack of capacity to create your reality. Whatever you desire of this life it is yours to have.

You can do a Google search on odu ifa ogbe irete iwapele, ogbe orosun for further reading...
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by Olu317(m): 6:52am On Feb 11, 2020
macof:

Going by my limited knowledge I would say Ebora is a generic term for all "unseen beings"
I have heard Esu refered to as an Ebora. Yemoja as an Ebora...and when these two can be Ebora then all Orisha in certain context are Ebora

Sidenote: in the Igala language, Ebo is the word for Diety...as the word "orisha" is absent in the language

Imole/Umale as a word appears to be a less ancient word than Ebora/Ebo..and refers particularly to spirits associated with natural elements e.g.. Imole Okun. Spirit of the ocean.

Iwin have a more anthropomorphic representation, they sometimes interact with humans in the forest. They may be spirits of the dead that still linger around
Oh my lord ,I can't believe these grin . So, you don't even know the true meaning of these three names and you claim to be an expert in Yoruba language's history? But, you suddenly addressed the etymologies with amateur approach. ‘ Ebora is Generic term indeed' grin .
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by macof(m): 4:12pm On Feb 11, 2020
Olu317:
Oh my lord ,I can't believe these grin . So, you don't even knew the true meaning of these three names and you claim to be expert in Yoruba language history? But, you suddenly addressed the etymologies with amateur approach. ‘ Ebora is Generic term indeed' grin .

You are a damned lunatic so I don't expect you to display any sense.
There's nothing wrong with that comment you just want to throw jab.. Going through my posts looking for ways to attack because you are a sore loser still angry that I challenge your madness of calling yorubas Hebrews

1 Like

Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by Olu317(m): 7:04pm On Feb 12, 2020
macof:

You are a damned lunatic so I don't expect you to display any sense.
There's nothing wrong with that comment you just want to throw jab.. Going through my posts looking for ways to attack because you are a sore loser still angry that I challenge your madness of calling yorubas Hebrews
Am I a sore loser ? Lol grin. So,it pained you to complain bitterly over messy posts that are numerous, but I am sure you fail to realise that, there are many things you dont know which make you human and imperfect. Therefore, address issue and stop ranting like one who lacks moral upbringing.

Interestingly, there is none you have met here that you've not used vulgar words on , NL. And I am not angry at all because untrained is untrained but to show that you claimed to love Yoruba culture and people but not conversant with certain reality that's beyond your comprehension.

Note: I will address the meaning of the following on the right platform.

1.Ebora,

2. Imole/Umole

3. Iwin
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by macof(m): 10:09pm On Feb 12, 2020
Olu317:
I am a sore loser ? Lol! I am sure you fail to realize that, there are many things you dont know which make you human and imperfect. So I am not angry at all but to show that you do love Yoruba culture but not conversant with certain reality that's beyond your comprehension. I will address the meaning in the right platform.
Mr man move along
There's no reasoning with a lunatic, so I won't even try. Keep going through my posts since 2013
If you were normal you would have gone to the university to gain the right knowledge and experience on how to conduct historical research.
Not embarrassing yourself saying Ebora is Hebrew and all that nonsense. Your other lunatic friend said Ebora is Abraham
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by lawani: 4:05pm On Feb 14, 2020
macof:

Irunmole - 400 Imole

400 Imole are present on earth, 400 in the heavens..there is also an extra one to make 801 but I'm unclear about that extra one... I have come across people claiming it is the Ooni, some claim it's Olodumare

Orunmila, Sango, Osun were humans, gifted individuals who were experts in their field. And every aspect of the natural world is run by the power of an Imole.

For example take Osanyin, He was the greatest healer of his time and of any known before him.. when he died people built a fellowship around his methods and he became an Orisha... now Osanyin or not, in yoruba culture there is a spirit behind healing, but this spirit lacks personality or any form of personification, the life and times of Osanyin becomes the personification of that Spirit
Olodumare rules in ogotun with 200 I males on the right and 200 on the left. Olodumare himself is an I male, he is one of them.

1 Like

Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by macof(m): 4:28pm On Feb 14, 2020
lawani:
Olodumare rules in ogotun with 200 I males on the right and 200 on the left. Olodumare himself is an I male, he is one of them.
I am familiar with this school of thought and I gravitate towards it too. I cannot however make argument based on it

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Stop Boko Haram: Tawiah To TB Joshua / Are Sub-saharan Africans Intellectually Inferior To Other Races? / Who Are These Jehovah's Witnesses? Misconceptions, Likes & Dislikes About Them!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.