Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos (52034 Views)

Why I Dumped Farida Sobowale After ‘n100m Wedding’ – Estranged Husband, Odulaja / "His Manhood Is Too Big" — Woman Begs Zamfara Court To Dissolve Her Marriage / Lady Calls Out The New Young Wife Of Her Estranged Husband (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by omooba969(m): 11:33pm On Mar 11, 2018
kimbraa:
What's wrong with most of you on this forum? Have you seen a lady who isn't properly divorced from an estranged husband getting married? If that bride price isn't returned, she's still traditionally married to him.

Nonsense!
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by omooba969(m): 11:35pm On Mar 11, 2018
kimbraa:
I don't get you. How is bride price synonymous to slave trade? I hope you refuse your family from taking one on your head since it isn't different from slave trade.

@bolded,

What is the significance of this, just curious?
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Olii(f): 11:35pm On Mar 11, 2018
Rozaytee:
i think its honesty.. issues dats killing relationships dis days...most people arent sincere wit demselves in relationship and marriage dis days
i think so too, everyone is just telling lies up and down

1 Like

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Rozaytee: 11:35pm On Mar 11, 2018
omooba969:

Getting a loyal gee wouldn't be a problem for you, I suppose. smiley
i pray oo my dear..but if u like be finer dan a mermaid...a man who wanna cheat will cheat
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Olii(f): 11:37pm On Mar 11, 2018
omooba969:

Just curious, seems you have your worries as per this palaver called marriage.
I'm just being careful, are you married cus u have so much confidence in it smiley
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:37pm On Mar 11, 2018
even from the face of the guy, you know no say you married beast and monster in human form...I wonder what made a pretty lady like you fall in love to him at first....why beg him to come for his bride price he paid you...she its divorce thing now, 50- 50 abi?...keep the money notheinb they happen. after all, charge him for the number kf times he had free sex with you...cheers

1 Like

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:38pm On Mar 11, 2018
even from the face of the guy, you know no say you married beast and monster in human form...I wonder what made a pretty lady like you fall in love to him at first....why beg him to come for his bride price he paid you...she its divorce thing now, 50- 50 abi?...keep the money nothing will happen. after all, charge him for the number kf times he had free sex with you...cheers
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:38pm On Mar 11, 2018
even from the face of the guy, you know no say you married beast and monster in human form...I wonder what made a pretty lady like you fall in love to him at first....why beg him to come for his bride price he paid you...shey its divorce thing now, 50- 50 abi?...keep the money nothing will happen. after all, charge him for the number of times he had free sex with you...cheers

1 Like

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by omooba969(m): 11:42pm On Mar 11, 2018
Rozaytee:
i pray oo my dear..but if u like be finer dan a mermaid...a man who wanna cheat will cheat

Most women are overwhelmed by the prospect of the man cheating on them & so get paranoid overtime. Why not focus on his strengths & help channel his energy accordingly rather than living with a suspicious mind.

Most of us have no idea what marriage entails.
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by IME1: 11:42pm On Mar 11, 2018
What a life

1 Like

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by omooba969(m): 11:43pm On Mar 11, 2018
Olii:
I'm just being careful, are you married cus u have so much confidence in it smiley

I am single & not keen on marriage coz am not particularly impressed.

There are more important stuff out there u know.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by tosyne2much(m): 11:44pm On Mar 11, 2018
omooba969:
Bride price is born out of greed & gluttony. cool
That's not true bro
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by omooba969(m): 11:45pm On Mar 11, 2018
tosyne2much:
That's not true bro

Counter my submission then. grin
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 11, 2018
Look at this woman o..
Me i don't have time for all these nonsense na. Receipt ko....get someone to use your phone to codedly record him when he wants to do longer throat to collect it without issuing receipt
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by tosyne2much(m): 11:46pm On Mar 11, 2018
Couples disgracing themselves on social media.. Nawa
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 11, 2018
omooba969:

@bolded,

What is the significance of this, just curious?
What's the significance of culture?
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 11, 2018
dafeyankee:
See like he resemble lalasticlacla

Only with the teeth.

The set of teeth resemble that of a snake eater.
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Rozaytee: 11:48pm On Mar 11, 2018
omooba969:

Most women are overwhelmed by the prospect of the man cheating on them & so get paranoid overtime. Why not focus on his strengths & help channel his energy accordingly rather than living with a suspicious mind.

Most of us have no idea what marriage entails.
am not gonna live wit a suspicious mind am..just stating a fact..
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by erico2k2(m): 11:49pm On Mar 11, 2018
BoneBlogger:
A woman who was allegedly abused and maltreated by her husband has been begging him to come and take back his bride price for two years now. According to reports, the mocked her and taunted her with his current girlfriend whom he allegedly said is prettier than her.

The lady is seeking for help to return the bride price and obtain a receipt from the man.

Human rights lawyer, Emeka Ugwuonye shared her update online. Read below;

He abused his wife. He maltreated her. He starved her. He told her that his current girlfriend is prettier. He even denied the vow he made at the altar. He said to her: "I never told you I loved you or that you would be my only wife". He neglected and abandoned her. He threatened her with divorce. He even made a "mock demand" for the refund of the bride price.

After enduring and praying for him to change, she found the courage and left the marriage. Now, for two years, she has been begging him and his people to come and take the bride price and the man has been posting her. He believes that if he does not take the bride price, he would continue to hold the lady hostage and prevent her from remarrying.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/03/woman-begs-estranged-husband-come-collect-bride-price-photos.html
Lubish and Im shocked even a lawyer subscribed to this.
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by omooba969(m): 11:49pm On Mar 11, 2018
kimbraa:
What's the significance of culture?

What we fail to keep in mind is that, first of all we are Humans.

My question is - 'Is culture made for humans or humans for culture'?
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by tosyne2much(m): 11:50pm On Mar 11, 2018
omooba969:

Counter my submission then. grin
Though I agree that bride price is overrated but saying it's borne out of greed and gluttony is a wrong notion

Some tribes collect as low as N500 for bribe price, so what's gluttony about N500?

2 Likes

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by amakadihot87(f): 11:52pm On Mar 11, 2018
The family members should return the money to the mans kindred....
the man will have no option than to accept his bride price

1 Like

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by omooba969(m): 11:52pm On Mar 11, 2018
Rozaytee:
am not gonna live wit a suspicious mind am..just stating a fact..

@bolded,

You mean the fact that - no matter how faithful a man could be, the woman who gonna cheat is still gonna spread her legs like rumour.
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by prettyangel10(f): 11:52pm On Mar 11, 2018
This woman is not saying the truth. She moved out of d house herself because the man is not as wealthy as she taught. Their marriage lasted for about some months.

Please people, if you have not listened to other side of a story, don't ever judge pls.

1 Like

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Follygunners: 11:53pm On Mar 11, 2018
omooba969:
Bride price is born out of greed & gluttony. cool

Very synonymous to a certain tribe in 9ja. Igbo pple!

1 Like

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Nobody: 11:54pm On Mar 11, 2018
allanphash7:
The most difficult institution in life is marriage
True. Followed by parenthood.

1 Like

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Nobody: 11:54pm On Mar 11, 2018
prettyangel10:
This woman is not saying the truth. She moved out of d house herself because the man is not as wealthy as she taught. Their marriage lasted for about some months.

Please people, if you have not listened to other side of a story, don't ever judge pls.
and you know the true story, how? Just asking

2 Likes

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by miracool946: 11:54pm On Mar 11, 2018
fg
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 11, 2018
tosyne2much:
Though I agree that bride price is overrated but saying it's borne out of greed and gluttony is a wrong notion

Some tribes collect as low as N500 for bribe price, so what's gluttony about N500?
my brother even paid N1:20kobo as bride price. He sha dropped N5 and his father in law still jokingly teases him about collecting his change. I am sure that N5 is still somewhere in the man's room

1 Like

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 11, 2018
tosyne2much:

But have u heard anyone of those women talk abt bride price if they want to divorce? They just leave and get a lawyer. Bride price is not a consideration at all.

But it seems like a big deal for this woman, and it's probably because it was expensive.
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by omooba969(m): 12:00am On Mar 12, 2018
tosyne2much:

@bolded,

You have contradicted yourself coz you struggled to divorce those two lines I bolded.

Why do u agree that bride price is overrated?

Why do they come at such exorbitant price?

What is the essence of the extravagant exercise?

Has the original purpose not lost already?

Shall we begin to examine the motive behind the hike in price? undecided

My guess is as yours, it's a no brainer.

1 Like

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by tosyne2much(m): 12:01am On Mar 12, 2018
Treasuredlove:
my brother even paid N1:20kobo as bride price. He sha dropped N5 and his father in law still jokingly teases him about collecting his change. I am sure that N5 is still somewhere in the man's room
That's it jawe... I don't have any problem with bride pride cos it's part of our tradition to fulfill marriage rites

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zainab Magaji: 87-Year-Old Woman Dies Leaving Behind 102 Grand Children / Okada Rider Who Fled After His Wife Gave Birth To Triplets, Comes Home. Photos / I Will Divorce My Husband If He Asks For DNA Test After Giving Birth - Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.