Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos (52031 Views)

Why I Dumped Farida Sobowale After ‘n100m Wedding’ – Estranged Husband, Odulaja / "His Manhood Is Too Big" — Woman Begs Zamfara Court To Dissolve Her Marriage / Lady Calls Out The New Young Wife Of Her Estranged Husband (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by prettyangel10(f): 12:01am On Mar 12, 2018
Treasuredlove:
and you know the true story, how? Just asking

Yes, I know d true story because we live in the same neighborhood. We attended the wedding in Delta State or Edo, can't remember again, all of a sudden, d wife disappeared, was wondering and d husband told us she went back to school, (she was a student when they got married) it was recently the full story came out that she moved out of d guys house because he is not as rich as she taught.

And d guy does not even have a girlfriend sha. This one she is saying d girlfriend is more beautiful than her is just all a lie.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by omooba969(m): 12:02am On Mar 12, 2018
Follygunners:

Very synonymous to a certain tribe in 9ja. Igbo pple!

They're coming for you...grin

2 Likes

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by 2buffagain(m): 12:04am On Mar 12, 2018
dominique:
This is why I hate this bride price of a thing. I still don't see how it's any different from slave trade.

Good. We are also tired of paying it.
Be sure to tell your people next time it comes to that.

The Bride price and list thing na wash. You are being sold like fish and a lot of you will be there happy that you are being traded like tilapia.

1 Like

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by tosyne2much(m): 12:06am On Mar 12, 2018
omooba969:

@bolded,

You have contradicted yourself coz you struggled to divorce those two lines I bolded.

Why do u agree that bride price is overrated?

Why do they come at such exorbitant price?

What is the essence of the extravagant exercise?

Has the original purpose not lost already?

Shall we begin to examine the motive behind the hike in price? undecided

My guess is as yours, it's a no brainer.
A news like this is the reason why I think bride price is overrated

Mind you, bride price don't usually come with exorbitant price unless in a few eastern part of the county

The original purpose is not lost. The motive behind paying bride price is relative. To each his own understanding about it

1 Like

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by tosyne2much(m): 12:09am On Mar 12, 2018
janellemonae:

But have u heard anyone of those women talk abt bride price if they want to divorce? They just leave and get a lawyer. Bride price is not a consideration at all.

But it seems like a big deal for this woman, and it's probably because it was expensive.
Nice one bros.. You have spoken wisely
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by omooba969(m): 12:14am On Mar 12, 2018
tosyne2much:
A news like this is the reason why I think bride price is overrated

Mind you, bride price don't usually come with exorbitant price unless in a few eastern part of the county

The original purpose is not lost. The motive behind paying bride price is relative. To each his own understanding about it

Am not opposed to bride price so don't get me wrong. It's a cultural exercise, an instrument of identity of a particular people. Who am I to sweep aside a people's cultural identity?

I still hold the notion that the idea of bride price has for sometime now been misconstrued, therefore greed & gluttony informs our requests to meet some needs.

1 Like

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by ameri9ja: 12:22am On Mar 12, 2018
dafeyankee:
See like he resemble lalasticlacla

The resemblance is eerie
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by tosyne2much(m): 12:39am On Mar 12, 2018
omooba969:

Am not opposed to bride price so don't get me wrong. It's a cultural exercise, an instrument of identity of a particular people. Who am I to sweep aside a people's cultural identity?

I still hold the notion that the idea of bride price has for sometime now been misconstrued, therefore greed & gluttony informs our requests to meet some needs.
You a very good point
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 12, 2018
Boyooosa:
Not assessing the story from a kid point of view, the young lady should just forget about the refund and move on...my kobo.

The girls family should return the bride price to the guys family. Simple.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by OgahBohz: 1:01am On Mar 12, 2018
hmmn
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Nobody: 2:17am On Mar 12, 2018
Bride prices are so overrated
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Xisnin(m): 4:07am On Mar 12, 2018
Dumb lady enslaved by tradition. Even some pre-literate Africans are smarter than
the "enlightened" ladies we have nowadays.

1 Like

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by baby124: 4:25am On Mar 12, 2018
Lol. As long as it’s not court wedding, if you no wan collect bride price, let the bride collect it from her parents on his behalf and use it to upgrade herself.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Nobody: 4:30am On Mar 12, 2018
Justbeingreal:
undecided

Love don't exist......Eod

With all this stories here and there about relationships and marriages and personal experience...obobs iF not for having kids in wedlock ehn... Marriage nor get use.

so true

1 Like

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Classictee89(m): 4:44am On Mar 12, 2018
Pls hw do I post a topic on nairaland? Urgent pls. . . .
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by EASY32: 4:44am On Mar 12, 2018
While I don't support divorce, People don't seem to understand bride price. In cases like this, It is meant to be refunded, yes. It was paid by the guys people. You don't pay it yourself. So refund to the guys family telling them why. That is how it is commonly done.

1 Like

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Toks2008(m): 5:38am On Mar 12, 2018
Sometimes I just get fed up with how some ladies carry monogamy for head like kilode.

If you are not ready for the possibility of your man marrying a second lady please just remain single...it's that simple.

Monogamy is a choice likewise polygamy but when you try to pin a man down to only you then he will likely dump you and move on to the next lady which is serial monogamy.

One man one woman is a lie that can never be true and any lady who hates what I'm writing now should change her gender.

MONOGAMY is a choice and not all men cheat but no sane woman should leave her marriage cos a man cheats or decides to take another wife.

9 out of 10 men giving the chance will cheat on their wives so why leave your marriage just to be with another man who will likely do what your ex did if not worse.

In my world,a man who marries 3 wives and stay faithful to them is better than a guy with one wife and several mistresses but what does a "misogynist" like me know?
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Gkemz: 5:46am On Mar 12, 2018
Though i don't want to join issues with the any of the parties. A good attorney hears from both sides and since the husband hasn't spoken from his side, the allegations could not be substantiated from the truth. But I'm very certain something must have triggered such action from the husband. It could be as a result of any of these; sex denial, nagging, insecurity of the wife, attraction to side chics and most importantly lack of communication and good understanding.
My advise to married or yet to be married ladies...
Women, build your homes and don't expect outsiders to build it for you.
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Luckybelt: 5:58am On Mar 12, 2018
Olii:
can you use this two u listed? Some people are just hard nuts to crack, different characters, home, beliefs etc, dem plenty.
Olii pls can u send me a mail at luckybelt@protonmail.com. I ll like to hv some discussion wt u.
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Ojuororun(m): 6:32am On Mar 12, 2018
davodyguy:
cos he's an idiot
SIR.? DO YOU MEAN.... AN "slowpoke"? grin
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:34am On Mar 12, 2018
allanphash7:
The most difficult institution in life is marriage

It is what you believe that would work for you.
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by jimjemo: 6:42am On Mar 12, 2018
Where was the so called love , what went wrong in 2years! Na wa for marriage self ! D thing should be optional and society shouldn't pressurise people into it!

1 Like

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by SAMBARRY: 6:49am On Mar 12, 2018
kimbraa:
What's wrong with most of you on this forum? Have you seen a lady who isn't properly divorced from an estranged husband getting married? If that bride price isn't returned, she's still traditionally married to him.
then she should dump the bride price in his home and carry the children and leave

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by xendra: 6:49am On Mar 12, 2018
what is she returning bride price for the man never touch you? tchwww

1 Like

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Pat081: 6:56am On Mar 12, 2018
Maybe dey force d gal to just marry any man because she is getting old at home n look 4 one man to do dat tin to u if d boy sorry man hear about dat he will run cum take it
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Ellabae(f): 7:00am On Mar 12, 2018
This is funny. Stay there while he enjoys his time nd life. Dear get a court direction nd support nd move on. Anytime he like he go come take him bride price.

1 Like

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Pat081: 7:03am On Mar 12, 2018
prettyangel10:

Yes, I know d true story because we live in the same neighborhood. We attended the wedding in Delta State or Edo, can't remember again, all of a sudden, d wife disappeared, was wondering and d husband told us she went back to school, (she was a student when they got married) it was recently the full story came out that she moved out of d guys house because he is not as rich as she taught.

And d guy does not even have a girlfriend sha. This one she is saying d girlfriend is more beautiful than her is just all a lie.

if dis is d true story is good for her n dis will always happen to dos useless gals dat run after money but nt true love

1 Like

Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by adetes: 7:06am On Mar 12, 2018
Marriage issue this day, am nt impress
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by allanphash7(m): 7:06am On Mar 12, 2018
I want to believe that you are not married yet
PrimadonnaO:

It is what you believe that would work for you.
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:15am On Mar 12, 2018
allanphash7:
I want to believe that you are not married yet

Yes, I'm not. And yes, I know that marriage is not a bed of roses. Still, I don't belive it is difficult. I lnow lots of blissful marriages, and I know mine wouldn't be an exception.
Re: Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos by Nobody: 7:31am On Mar 12, 2018
a lesson to parents who think selling out their daughters is good business and to foolish bride to be who spend all their resources on pre wedding shoots forgetting about the marriage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zainab Magaji: 87-Year-Old Woman Dies Leaving Behind 102 Grand Children / Okada Rider Who Fled After His Wife Gave Birth To Triplets, Comes Home. Photos / I Will Divorce My Husband If He Asks For DNA Test After Giving Birth - Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.