Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,736 members, 7,955,801 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:24 PM

Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black (35881 Views)

FG Postpones Inauguration Of Governing Councils / Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions / FG Appoints Jega, Olanipekun, Others As Chairmen, Members Of Governing Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by Jimbadly: 10:47pm On Mar 12, 2018
sarrki:
Op you have to be patriotic in your reporting timeline
Your written English is one of the worst I've seen on this forum. For someone who is part of the BMC, it is truly appalling.

I know English no be your papa language sha, but at least use your dictionary and check the meaning of patriotic if you don't know the meaning.

Someone reported a laudable achievement by a Nigerian, and you say he's not being patriotic?
Borrow sense abeg.

1 Like

Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:48pm On Mar 12, 2018
Preshy561:

no,you keep quiet and get out from here. .this news isn't about cows
kikikiki. You ve finally buried the fool.
Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 12, 2018
ameri9ja:

But why?
Buhari, why?!
grin grin
Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by Ukaegbumbeh(m): 10:57pm On Mar 12, 2018
Come me Onye lgbo. because lgbo Amaka

2 Likes

Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by BalogunIdowu(m): 11:09pm On Mar 12, 2018
ameri9ja:
This Buhari sef.
U go up, Buhari.
U come down, Buhari.
Everything, Buhari.
Buhari, why?!
FOR WHAT??!!
I dedicate this FTC to Buhari.

Some comment eh
Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by LZAA: 11:24pm On Mar 12, 2018
sarrki:
You will never bring. Thread of others
Only one sided always

Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by LZAA: 11:30pm On Mar 12, 2018
CastedDude:
Meet Dr. Obinna Ebirim, the young Nigerian man who is making the country proud both home and abroad especially in the United Kingdom. According to confirmed information obtained by National Helm, Dr. Obinna who holds a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) from the University of Port Harcourt - is a postgraduate governor and a member of board of governors at the Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen Scotland.

According to reports, Obinna, is the first Nigerian and only black man to currently hold such post (member of governing body) at the prestigious university in the UK.

Due to his striking humility and nature to positively affect those around him, the former personal Assistant to Commissioner of Health in Imo state, Dr. Obinna had to take a part-time job as a kitchen assistant in the United Kingdom just to make some extra bucks despite his qualification as a medical doctor in the UK.

Dr. Obinna Ebirim is also a fellow of the United States Mandela Washington Fellowship for young African leaders and is currently a senior program officer for International Vaccine Access Center projects in Nigeria.

He also volunteers as a medical doctor in his church’s free sickbay for poor parishioners. Obinna is founder of the Impact Driven Young Leaders Initiative, a member of All Progress Youth Forum, and content developer for YALI Network Abuja.

Obinna is a recipient of many awards including Glitz Award Student Activist of the Year 2010, Timiwest Oyins Integrity Award for Innovative Leadership 2011, Association of Resident Doctors UPTH Medical House Officer of the Year 2012/2013. He is a member of Nigerian Medical Association and also the ruling political party in Nigeria - All Progressive Congress.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/03/obinna-ebirim-the-first-nigerian-among-the-governing-body-of-uk-university.html

Goblins like Alariiwo and sarrki are already spewing hydraulic soup trash on the thread
anything igbo gets their pulses racing
sarrki are u a patriot? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by Omodua(m): 12:13am On Mar 13, 2018
TheSorrowfulMan:

For your mind now, becoming a certified Zombie is being patriotic
sarrki is becoming a bore with his ethnocentric comments. I think there are rules governing comments in this forum. He needs sense!
Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by tyup(m): 12:14am On Mar 13, 2018
Preshy561:
why always Igbos..smiley
what is doing this one undecided
Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by mekuslogan: 12:20am On Mar 13, 2018
SleekyP:

Abuja, Lagos, Ogun state and Ibadan.

No, no. Thanks
Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by LisaAnne(f): 12:38am On Mar 13, 2018
CastedDude:
Meet Dr. Obinna Ebirim, the young Nigerian man who is making the country proud both home and abroad especially in the United Kingdom. According to confirmed information obtained by National Helm, Dr. Obinna who holds a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) from the University of Port Harcourt - is a postgraduate governor and a member of board of governors at the Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen Scotland.

According to reports, Obinna, is the first Nigerian and only black man to currently hold such post (member of governing body) at the prestigious university in the UK.

Due to his striking humility and nature to positively affect those around him, the former personal Assistant to Commissioner of Health in Imo state, Dr. Obinna had to take a part-time job as a kitchen assistant in the United Kingdom just to make some extra bucks despite his qualification as a medical doctor in the UK.

Dr. Obinna Ebirim is also a fellow of the United States Mandela Washington Fellowship for young African leaders and is currently a senior program officer for International Vaccine Access Center projects in Nigeria.

He also volunteers as a medical doctor in his church’s free sickbay for poor parishioners. Obinna is founder of the Impact Driven Young Leaders Initiative, a member of All Progress Youth Forum, and content developer for YALI Network Abuja.

Obinna is a recipient of many awards including Glitz Award Student Activist of the Year 2010, Timiwest Oyins Integrity Award for Innovative Leadership 2011, Association of Resident Doctors UPTH Medical House Officer of the Year 2012/2013. He is a member of Nigerian Medical Association and also the ruling political party in Nigeria - All Progressive Congress.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/03/obinna-ebirim-the-first-nigerian-among-the-governing-body-of-uk-university.html
Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by LisaAnne(f): 12:38am On Mar 13, 2018
CastedDude:

Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by nobaga: 2:06am On Mar 13, 2018
What I notice with at least two ethnic groups is that anyone that does anything outside Nigeria, especially qualified foreign graduates are big news that must be celebrated. It could be as a result of those disgracing Nigerians outside. So a positive achievement becomes news for celebration.

You then wonder why employers prefer foreign graduates or pay them more.

Please let us celebrate local achievements that move us higher from our sorry state instead of celebrating looters, politicians and money-miss-road without any clear source of income.

I am sure Nigerians from the North and South are graduating from foreign universities every year.
Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by Proffdada: 3:49am On Mar 13, 2018
Gossiplover:
so despite much pleas, you have refused to have common sense. you used to make sense before during Jonathan's regime..I don't know whats happening now. Is the the doctor not a Nigerian.. so because he is Igbo, the OP should ignore him. you people should stop with all this tribalistic nonsense. Dr. Obinna is a NIGERIAN and a very smart one at that...stop looking at the names and start looking at achievements.
there's a thread on new ICC president who is also igbo but he refused to put it on front page . MOD is biased

2 Likes

Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by adahlee(f): 4:53am On Mar 13, 2018
Preshy561:
why always Igbos..smiley
Cos we rule......
Go and wail your eyes out
Nsi nkita
Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by adahlee(f): 4:57am On Mar 13, 2018
farouk0403:
Igbos won't let us hear word again....

Mtsewww
Jealous much
Ewu. Tribal bigot
You don't want us to succeed abi? Your plans will backfire
Inukwa.... Nkita riforo gi nsi there

2 Likes

Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by moonraker(m): 6:12am On Mar 13, 2018
Sorry but this news is bullshit... I am the only foreigner in my company. You dont hear me jumping around about it.
Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by Nobody: 6:24am On Mar 13, 2018
sarrki:
Only one sided always
our yeast side blodas

1 Like

Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 13, 2018
sarrki:

Only one sided always

Pls bring urs Sir.

1 Like

Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by chimauga(m): 6:29am On Mar 13, 2018
If not southern nigeria igbo and yoruba where else
Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by Nobody: 6:36am On Mar 13, 2018
sarrki:

Keep quiet

The op know and understand better

His reporting timeline is one-sided
mr man shut up na,what is your problem?,people around you must be overwhelmed by your stupidity by now,shuoo undecided
Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by AGIDIMA1(m): 6:43am On Mar 13, 2018
Igbos are blessed. My brothers from north need power for no reason, they just want to dominate
Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 13, 2018
Preshy561:
why always Igbos..smiley
That's how we roll.
Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by pheonixdld2(m): 7:52am On Mar 13, 2018
Preshy561:

it's so irritating coming from an old man like that.
Are you sure he is an old man? He might even be a teenager judging from his comments and availability on Nairaland 24/7 (joblessness). I won't be surprised if he looks like smigol in Lord of the rings movie in real life.

1 Like

Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by bamoski(m): 8:54am On Mar 13, 2018
Amarabae:

Should I call this, an inferiority complex or what?
O Di Egwu.
Igbos are not in any competition with you people,
We are naturally blessed by God.

I think you're the ones suffering from inferiority complex here.

So many years after being defeated in the battle ground and yet you people still feel the need to brag over irrelevant things just to have a little sense of worth. smh
Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by bamoski(m): 8:56am On Mar 13, 2018
Stellamariss:
Am really heart broken now... Those people that u think are ur best friend will really walk out on u when u needed them the most... I just log in here to know if I can find happiness

Be my girl and I'll make you the happiest woman in the world.
Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by edupedia: 9:59am On Mar 13, 2018
TheSorrowfulMan:

For your mind now, becoming a certified Zombie is being patriotic

....Sarrki, abeg no mind dis IPOOP noisemakers who put on Nigerian garb when it suits them...yeye ragamuffins....
Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by engrchykae(m): 7:19pm On Mar 13, 2018
Preshy561:
why always Igbos..smiley
before i opened the thread,i knew it must be a southerner,
the north are deceiving themselves with a fool's paradise they called quota system.
THE HUMAN BRAIN CAN NEVER BE REGULATED,IT MUST BE ALLOWED TO BURST INTO THE GREAT EXPANSE
Re: Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black by Stellamariss(f): 8:29pm On Mar 13, 2018
bamoski:

Be my girl and I'll make you the happiest woman in the world.
ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bode Okundayo, UNIBEN Lecturer Accused Of Raping 400 Level Student In His Office / Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) / Ozibo Ekele Graduates From University Of Ibadan With CGPA Of 6.6 Breaks Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.