Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

I Hate My Family Can You Advise Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Hate My Family Can You Advise Me (1574 Views)

Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room / I Hate My Life, I'll Make Sure My Father Suffers At Old Age. / Building A Family: Can Your Home Last Without Finance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hate My Family Can You Advise Me by 2morogobeta(f): 8:39am On Mar 13, 2018
I had a good family, holidays, family time, trips, etc - it was fine.

However, my parents did have marriage problems at times i.e. verbal/physical fights (who doesn't!) and my mother would sometimes blame me! (as a child)

Also, my mother used to always compare me to everyone else which had a negative effect on my self - esteem and often did not support my dreams.

However, when I turned 18, basically in 2012 that is when everything went downhill.

As a result of my failure in my first year of A Levels, I blamed my mother for pushing me into doing sciences as she wanted me to be a doctor, when I felt I could have done better academically in art subjects.

Also, my mother became jealous towards me and would often try to sabotage me, and put me down - believe it or not, I am not making this up - mothers can become jealous of their daughters.

I also caught my dad looking at my bottom when I turned around (twice!) and once I was in the bathroom on the toilet, he opened the door and saw I was there and then opened it again.

And my parents both made life difficult for me, they would antagonise me and beat me but I would also antagonise and beat them. We were fighting every single day.

I had a lot of self hate and asked them to burn all of my baby photographs and certificates etc, and they did - they burnt everything.

I then proceeded to have a mental break down in which I became paranoid, depressed, to the extent I thought my parents were trying to poison me. My anxiety was severe.

This happened from age 18-22, but reduced when my mother got ill with cancer and stopped completely when she died.

My dad makes me sick, he is so affectionate towards my other siblings but is so cold towards me.

I remember when my mother was ill, he refused once to tell me about her health but would freely tell other people about her health condition.

So much has happened in this family.

1 Like

Re: I Hate My Family Can You Advise Me by spartan117(m): 9:09am On Mar 13, 2018
You need jesus that's all

4 Likes

Re: I Hate My Family Can You Advise Me by Hashimyussufamao(m): 10:36am On Mar 13, 2018
Omo eleyi tun deep o
Re: I Hate My Family Can You Advise Me by Mariangeles(f): 12:49pm On Mar 13, 2018
2morogobeta:

I had a good family, holidays, family time, trips, etc - it was fine.

However, my parents did have marriage problems at times i.e. verbal/physical fights (who doesn't!) and my mother would sometimes blame me! (as a child)

Also, my mother used to always compare me to everyone else which had a negative effect on my self - esteem and often did not support my dreams.

However, when I turned 18, basically in 2012 that is when everything went downhill.

As a result of my failure in my first year of A Levels, I blamed my mother for pushing me into doing sciences as she wanted me to be a doctor, when I felt I could have done better academically in art subjects.

Also, my mother became jealous towards me and would often try to sabotage me, and put me down - believe it or not, I am not making this up - mothers can become jealous of their daughters.

I also caught my dad looking at my bottom when I turned around (twice!) and once I was in the bathroom on the toilet, he opened the door and saw I was there and then opened it again.

And my parents both made life difficult for me, they would antagonise me and beat me but I would also antagonise and beat them. We were fighting every single day.

I had a lot of self hate and asked them to burn all of my baby photographs and certificates etc, and they did - they burnt everything.

I then proceeded to have a mental break down in which I became paranoid, depressed, to the extent I thought my parents were trying to poison me. My anxiety was severe.

This happened from age 18-22, but reduced when my mother got ill with cancer and stopped completely when she died.

My dad makes me sick, he is so affectionate towards my other siblings but is so cold towards me.

I remember when my mother was ill, he refused once to tell me about her health but would freely tell other people about her health condition.

So much has happened in this family.
Is everything alright with you?
are you okay?
Re: I Hate My Family Can You Advise Me by donstan18: 1:33pm On Mar 13, 2018
cheesy
Re: I Hate My Family Can You Advise Me by Stallion93(m): 8:02pm On Mar 13, 2018
Y'all joke with everything, Family can be a huge burden too especially in this Nigeria where parents only give birth to prove their fertility status so they won't be put to shame. Parents here care less about their children really and that's why so many psychofvcked mofos are roaming the streets.

4 Likes

Re: I Hate My Family Can You Advise Me by spiralwedge(m): 9:21pm On Mar 13, 2018
Why are you opening weird topics upandan NL? I dont get

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate My Family Can You Advise Me by tntvirginnoni: 9:58pm On Mar 13, 2018
Drink T&TVirginNONI juice as it helps high blood pressure.
Distributors wanted.

No 7 Akintan St, Dideolu estate
Ogba, Lagos

Re: I Hate My Family Can You Advise Me by Rosarie(f): 10:34pm On Mar 13, 2018
my dear.ur parents have failed so family is a far word.u have to let them go.take away toxic people from your life.try to disassociate and let them be
Re: I Hate My Family Can You Advise Me by punisha: 11:22pm On Mar 13, 2018
SHEBI CONDOM 50 NAIRA WOULD HAVE GOTTEN RID OF THIS MADDD KID.
YEN YEN YEN SELFISH INGRATE. YOU STILL THINK EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU. YOU WILL BE A PARENT AND REAP IT ALL.

ITS CALLED KARMA.
Re: I Hate My Family Can You Advise Me by OneCorner: 1:32am On Mar 14, 2018
pay some soldiers to koman pack all of dem and flog dem grin
Re: I Hate My Family Can You Advise Me by YesNo(m): 5:43am On Mar 14, 2018
I can't imagine living in such a home with such a family. Terrible if this is true.
Re: I Hate My Family Can You Advise Me by dayleke: 11:26am On Mar 14, 2018
spiralwedge:

I think she needs help.

There have been a couple of threads that were shut down or closed by the Mods but one way or the other, a new one always surface.
Re: I Hate My Family Can You Advise Me by Probz(m): 2:19pm On Mar 14, 2018
spiralwedge:

She’s ill.

1 Like

Re: I Hate My Family Can You Advise Me by Nobody: 2:56am On Mar 15, 2018
Am not saying you are not your father's daughter but it's possible. It may have been the cause of the strain.

But the good news is that you are over age. You should become independent and start living on your own if home is that uncomfortable.
Re: I Hate My Family Can You Advise Me by nosagold(m): 2:58pm On Mar 15, 2018
I understand your plight my dear, just keep giving honour to Him as he is your father after all. Are you in Jesus Christ?

(1) (Reply)

What's The Easiest Way To Solve Broken Families Issues ? / What Efforts Did You Make To Make Your Marriage Work? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.