Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,039 members, 7,828,646 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! (11068 Views)

FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms / Boko Haram: Fg Considers New Law On Explosives / Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by shotgun10: 5:58pm On May 03, 2010
that is very good.he should be sacked b4 he turns our economy into ,
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by Enice(m): 8:32pm On May 03, 2010
Cause/Effect
bank MDs mismanage shareholders funds and customers deposits,
Effect
economy nose dive, 23000 bank workers are sacked.
Cause
SLS sack bank MDs, inject funds into banks.
Effect
confidence is restored in the system. The average man can sleep with his eyes closed.
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by kafanchan: 9:42pm On May 03, 2010
E nice:

Cause/Effect
Effect
Cause
Effect
confidence is restored in the system. The average man can sleep with his eyes closed.

See ya mouth, which confidence is restored in the system? Mind u , before Sanusi s "intervention", ALL the commercial banks had foreign credit lines; after the intervention NO commercial bank has foreign credit line(they have to be backed by the CBN). Immediatelly after the "intervention", u know how people carry their money run comot from this country. The stock market that is managing to come up early this year was deccelerated by the idiot when he said share certificate should not be taken as collateral again. I wonder how that boko haram thinks. And u say wetin, ? hisssssss, if I catch u there!!!!! confidence ko, denceconfi ni.
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by funkybaby(f): 9:45pm On May 03, 2010
^^^^^ roflmao!!

Men dey vex! Lol
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by rasputinn(m): 9:53pm On May 03, 2010
Ah ah,are we still at the consideration stage,has he not been sacked already
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by SuperT(m): 10:04pm On May 03, 2010
FG should act now before is too late.
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by naijaking1: 10:05pm On May 03, 2010
E nice:

Cause/Effect
Effect
Cause
Effect

You're 100% wrong shocked
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by Enice(m): 10:07pm On May 03, 2010
When bank say e make profit whereas e make serious loss, how u expect any investor to invest? In the financial industry, the 1st thing is trust, 2nd trust, 3rd trust, 4th,
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by Mesef1: 10:08pm On May 03, 2010
E nice:

Cause/Effect
Effect
Cause
Effect

E nice - You got a few things wrong. The so called "mismanagent of the banks" did not result in the economy nose diving or sack of wokers. Rather it was a fall-out of the global economic meltdown which forced foreign trades and operations of manufacturers to a halt as their banks could not secure credit lines from offshore banks to finance their letters of credit. However, the effect of the meltdown was thinning out as indicative of the recovery in the capital market as share prices began to pick in the first quarter of 2009 until Sanusi came to do the banking jihad.

Even though it is true some banks needed help to survive, Sanusi worsened their situations by sacking their management, harassing their customers, destroying public confidence in those banks and ultimately forcing them to stop doing business. I am telling you authoritatively, that those banks are worse than Sanusi met them. He aggravated their problem. The painful thing is that Sanusi does not care about their recovery unlike his counterparts in other countries in Europe and America who can point to a few banks that they have helped survived. Sanusi does not have a plan for their survival other than sale of what does not belong to him. So I ask you, what is deserving of applause in what Sanusi has done? The asset management company he has proposed is yet to take off. That was even medicine after death if you ask me. Why couldn't he start from there in the first place before sacking bank's management

The banks are not better off but worse, the economy is experiencing its worst crisis after the civil war. When banks are not lending, the economy is bound to be in crisis! Everywhere in the world, economic growth are financed by debt. Sanusi should have known better if he were not just a vindictive and bigoted Jihadist who has nothing bust ruins to offer.

Please get yourself updated about economic issues.
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by naijaking1: 10:19pm On May 03, 2010
^^^^
it's as if there is a huge drought in the land, many crops were dying, some were barely growing, but people were somehow managing to survive. Then came the farming messiah, instead of constructing some sort of irrigation, or just waiting for the rains to come, he burnt down all the crops in the farm. When people who were scrapping bye before complained, he and his agents responded that the crops were not doing well in the first place, and that the former farming supervisor criminally neglected watering these plants.
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by Mesef1: 11:34pm On May 03, 2010
@ naijaking1

lol! What an interesting analogy!
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by blakduches: 12:56am On May 04, 2010
grin i am personally grateful to sanusi 4 sacking those bank MDs for all d harm they inturn hav infilcted in d bankig system over d years, many young men & women have been turned to prostitutes n cultists , some hav lost their lives, marriages n dignity as a result of their unprofessional n unethical ways of doing bussiness. Sanusi made it clear from d onset dat he is out to sanitize d banking industry n provide a platform for which ethical banking practices will be applied in Nigeria. What is wrong wit that? A feat he has achieved fearlessly amidst d angry glare of bilionaire debtors, bottles necks, award seeking MDs just to mention a few, he has tried even if they sack him now, he will be remembered 4 something good.
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by mbulela: 1:49am On May 04, 2010
TEE ZERO:

Need I say more?

No you don't.
rest your case, my friend.
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by mbulela: 1:56am On May 04, 2010
Me sef:

E nice - You got a few things wrong. The so called "mismanagent of the banks" did not result in the economy nose diving or sack of wokers. Rather it was a fall-out of the global economic meltdown which forced foreign trades and operations of manufacturers to a halt as their banks could not secure credit lines from offshore banks to finance their letters of credit. However, the effect of the meltdown was thinning out as indicative of the recovery in the capital market as share prices began to pick in the first quarter of 2009 until Sanusi came to do the banking jihad.

Even though it is true some banks needed help to survive, Sanusi worsened their situations by sacking their management, harassing their customers, destroying public confidence in those banks and ultimately forcing them to stop doing business. I am telling you authoritatively, that those banks are worse than Sanusi met them. He aggravated their problemThe painful thing is that Sanusi does not care about their recovery unlike his counterparts in other countries in Europe and America who can point to a few banks that they have helped survived. Sanusi does not have a plan for their survival other than sale of what does not belong to him. So I ask you, what is deserving of applause in what Sanusi has done? The asset management company he has proposed is yet to take off. That was even medicine after death if you ask me. Why couldn't he start from there in the first place before sacking bank's management

The banks are not better off but worse, the economy is experiencing its worst crisis after the civil war. When banks are not lending, the economy is bound to be in crisis! Everywhere in the world, economic growth are financed by debt. Sanusi should have known better if he were not just a vindictive and bigoted Jihadist who has nothing bust ruins to offer.

Was the highlighted part a typo?
He should give taxpayers money to the same reckless bunch that mismanaged the bank in the first place?
How does that make sense?
SLS has his faults and most of them have been noted on this site severally but one thing he achieved is that he has driven the fear of God into the hearts of these cowboy bankers.Now they look well before leaping.
The days of publishing c.r.a.p. in the name of annual report is gone, the days of opening branches in every street corner and even two on the same street are long gone.boards of directors will sit up and question their CEOs not just collecting sitting allowance and giving complimentary cards to girls and relativ es to secure jobs in banks.
the painful p[art is that Sanusi is just dealing with symptoms.The root cause can not be dealt with due to the Nigerian factor.
Even he in his agrresive manner is not big enough to deal with it,unfortunately.
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by mbulela: 2:04am On May 04, 2010
Me sef:

Even though it is true some banks needed help to survive, Sanusi worsened their situations by sacking their management, harassing their customers, destroying public confidence in those banks and ultimately forcing them to stop doing business. I am telling you authoritatively, that those banks are worse than Sanusi met them. He aggravated their problem. The painful thing is that Sanusi does not care about their recovery unlike his counterparts in other countries in Europe and America who can point to a few banks that they have helped survived. Sanusi does not have a plan for their survival other than sale of what does not belong to him. So I ask you, what is deserving of applause in what Sanusi has done? The asset management company he has proposed is yet to take off. That was even medicine after death if you ask me. Why couldn't he start from there in the first place before sacking bank's management

With all due respect, there is no truth in the highlighted part.
The root of the problem was mismanagement (more of recklessness) pure and simple.
It has been there all along.just that Soludo was in bed with these cowboys and girls,hence his hands were tied because he was compromised.
To a lesser degree, it is still there because Sanusi does not have the backing (political will) to carry out a wholistic clean up and secondly he lacks the tact and temparement for it.
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by SuperT(m): 4:35am On May 04, 2010
Sanusi approach the situation wrongly which now worsen the situation those banks. We need more experience governor.
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by UpBendel(m): 10:19am On May 04, 2010
Let me get this straight.  First we ignore the impact of the global recession and downturn and the fact that just two bank managers - Ibru and Akingbola - singlehandedly stole over 1 trillion naira from the banking sector, and blame the current bank chaos on Sanusi?!
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by naijaking1: 10:30am On May 04, 2010
UpBendel:

Let me get this straight.  First we ignore the impact of the global recession and downturn and the fact that just two bank managers - Ibru and Akingbola - singlehandedly stole over 1 trillion naira from the banking sector, and blame the current bank chaos on Sanusi?! 

'Alleged to have stolen' is a more accurate terminology
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by mbulela: 10:47am On May 04, 2010
naijaking1:

you will make a good comedian.
kai, you funny die.
Alleged my foot.
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by UpBendel(m): 10:50am On May 04, 2010
naijaking1:

"Alleged to have stolen"?  This is the same mentality that allowed Babangida to deal away oil rights to God knows who from his time in power to 2004.  The same mentality that encouraged Abacha and his cronies to 'allegedly steal' over $2 billion.  The same mentality that allowed Umaru Dikko, to clean us out in the 80s.  This is the same mentality that continues to grow in a society that cannot account for over $400 billion since independence.  A society that had a telecommunications company that only provided less than 3000 lines throughout its entire existence.

Only in Nigeria would you find the Ibori's, Alams, Igbenedions, Yerimas, Tinubus, thriving and making a mockery of the rest of us and holding everyone captive.  

My good man, they stole the money. You know it and everyone else knows it.
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by UpBendel(m): 10:51am On May 04, 2010
mbulela:

you will make a good comedian.
kai, you funny die.
Alleged my foot.

I beg tell him o! Can you imagine the gall and effrontery?
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by tkb417(m): 10:53am On May 04, 2010
@Funkybaby

The deposit/lending rate are functions of other metrics in the economy

An economy that gives 5% on deposits in banks is not a dead economy. Just like someone has told you, if we all send our cash to the banks aiming for juicy returns on our savings, then how do u want people to be employed? how would the real sector grow?

The deposit rates cannot be in isolation with the realities in the economy
so easy ehn

and pls would you help give me some FACTS on how SLS has affected the price of kote in ur locality and pls dont give me the deposit rate thingy
come up with somethn better and hey dont do the bandwagon thingy.   .    .    . be accountable to your beliefs and thoughts and not some illtimed, misconceived, preposterous conjectures of some peeps here
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by tkb417(m): 10:58am On May 04, 2010
I beg tell him o! Can you imagine the gall and effrontery?
The reason why we are still where we are is because people will rather praise sing the looters and condemn SLS

imagine someone claiming it was alleged shocked shocked shocked

How come The Intercontinental MD fled abroad when he was supposed to have gone to court to challenge the "allegations"

Jesus truly wept!!!!!!
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by UpBendel(m): 11:28am On May 04, 2010
tkb417:

The reason why we are still where we are is because people will rather praise sing the looters and condemn SLS

imagine someone claiming it was alleged shocked shocked shocked

How come The Intercontinental MD fled abroad when he was supposed to have gone to court to challenge the "allegations"

Jesus truly wept!!!!!!

I tire o, !
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by Sammy79(m): 5:11pm On May 04, 2010
As they say, when two elephants (regulators and investors/banks) fight, the ground (poor masses) suffers. Whilst I applaud the need for the banking sector reform, I fault the process taken though some may say it was in response to the needed urgent intervention.

Also, the CBN could have invested more in public awareness, and make its policy more transparent in terms of communicating its agenda and making public its critical findings that may gain the public sympathy for fight against the coirporate greed and absurd governance in the banking system.Unfortunately our country seem to have 'too' much slef-serving leaders who are bent on ensuring that their private pockets are preserved against at the detriment of of the poor masses.

Before we go ahead, please read the excerpts of the the CBN governor's recent presentation ( I wondered why he chose to reveal so much at this forum instead of a more conventional press release, or platform more open to the average Nigerian/depositor).

On a more critical note, ht ebanking sector 'prosperity' has been hinged on insider trading, round-tripping and little lending to the real sector except for a few investors with substantial leverage, but most probably friends to the bank MDs!

[b], 'We have already published details of the extent of insider abuse in several of
the banks. CEOs set up Special Purpose Vehicles to lend money to
themselves for stock price manipulation or the purchase of estates all over the
world. One bank borrowed money and purchased private jets which we later
discovered were registered in the name of the CEO’s son. In another bank the
management set up 100 fake companies for the purpose of perpetrating fraud.
A lot of the capital supposedly raised by these so called “mega banks” was
fake capital financed from depositors’ funds. 30% of the share capital of
Intercontinental bank was purchased with customer deposits. Afribank used
depositors’ funds to purchase 80% of its IPO. It paid N25 per share when the
shares were trading at N11 on the NSE and these shares later collapsed to
under N3. The CEO of Oceanic bank controlled over 35% of the bank through
SPVs borrowing customer deposits. The collapse of the capital market wiped
out these customer deposits amounting to hundreds of billions of naira. The
Central Bank had a process of capital verification at the beginning of
consolidation to avoid bubble capital. For some unexplained reason, this
process was stopped. As a result, we have now discovered that in many, '[/b]

Source: http://www.cenbank.org/OUT/SPEECHES/2010/THE%20NIGERIAN%20BANKING%20INDUSTRY%20WHAT%20WENT%20WRONG%20AND%20THE%20WAY%20FORWARD_FINAL_260210.PDF
, page 7
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by tkb417(m): 5:20pm On May 04, 2010
'We have already published details of the extent of insider abuse in several of
the banks. CEOs set up Special Purpose Vehicles to lend money to
themselves for stock price manipulation or the purchase of estates all over the
world. One bank borrowed money and purchased private jets which we later
discovered were registered in the name of the CEO’s son. In another bank the
management set up 100 fake companies for the purpose of perpetrating fraud.
A lot of the capital supposedly raised by these so called “mega banks” was
fake capital financed from depositors’ funds. 30% of the share capital of
Intercontinental bank was purchased with customer deposits. Afribank used
depositors’ funds to purchase 80% of its IPO. It paid N25 per share when the
shares were trading at N11 on the NSE and these shares later collapsed to
under N3. The CEO of Oceanic bank controlled over 35% of the bank through
SPVs borrowing customer deposits. The collapse of the capital market wiped
out these customer deposits amounting to hundreds of billions of naira. The
Central Bank had a process of capital verification at the beginning of
consolidation to avoid bubble capital. For some unexplained reason, this
process was stopped. As a result, we have now discovered that in many, '

hehehehehehehe

and someone said Cecilia is hell bent on removing him grin grin grin grin

and to all who comes here to spew fckery, u lot shd go to church and ask for forgiveness
rubishhh. continue ur work oooo SLS

pls make sure they go to Kirikiri also
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by jokingmary(m): 5:33pm On May 04, 2010
I think Sanusi should be removed and Honorable ME be made CBN Governor
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by bodsibobo(m): 5:57pm On May 04, 2010
Sanusi should not be sacked; he should be shot - dead!
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by naijaking1: 9:18pm On May 04, 2010
UpBendel:

"Alleged to have stolen"? This is the same mentality that allowed Babangida to deal away oil rights to God knows who from his time in power to 2004. The same mentality that encouraged Abacha and his cronies to 'allegedly steal' over $2 billion. The same mentality that allowed Umaru Dikko, to clean us out in the 80s. This is the same mentality that continues to grow in a society that cannot account for over $400 billion since independence. A society that had a telecommunications company that only provided less than 3000 lines throughout its entire existence.
Only in Nigeria would you find the Ibori's, Alams, Igbenedions, Yerimas, Tinubus, thriving and making a mockery of the rest of us and holding everyone captive.
My good man, they stole the money. You know it and everyone else knows it.

If you're not educated enough to understand that in civilized societies, all accussed persons are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, then I really can't argue with you. We have gone through this concept in many previous threads on this issue, and there's no time to educate you at this time. Just go buy a small book on civics.
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by truly: 10:15pm On May 04, 2010
Onlytruth:

The day they removed Soludo and replaced him with Sanusi, I told whoever cared to listen that we were back to square one.
Frankly, it would be a good thing for the north to stop manning highly technical and intellectual positions in Nigeria. The manpower is simply not there in the north. Even if you find one of such talent, you find about 50 in the south.
Why can't Nigeria function based on merit? What did Soludo do wrong as CBN boss?
Alan Greenspan was the US Federal Reserve Chairman for many years. Bernanke is continuing in that tradition. Both of them are Jews! Why can't Nigeria hand over leadership of highly technical things to whoever is most skilled and qualified in Nigeria?
Ernest Ndukwe revolutionized cell phone industry in Nigeria. He is retiring now. I wonder who they will replace him with.
Highly technical things cannot be run on a turn by turn basis. Let the BEST handle it. cool
[/quote
If we followed your advice,
Okonjo Iweala, Kofi Anan, Aganga would not have been allowed to hold their international positions
No black man would ever work in NASA, World Bank, WHO etc
Why?
The manpower is simply not there in Africa. Even if you find one of such talent, you find about 50 in the western countries
(I have just replaced South with Western countries and North with Africa from your post)
How many blacks have won the nobel prize in Economics and Sciences?

We should be wary of seductive ariguments that can backfire badly
And your post will make the South play God
I actually believe that the average northerner has the same ability as the southerner
But he lacks the opportunity afforded by the culture of the south

By the way, Soludo did plenty wrong
The most significant was allowing regulatory capture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulatory_capture
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by Enice(m): 12:05am On May 05, 2010
"A person is innocent until proven guilty IN A COURT OF LAW". Therefore, SLS is innocent of all actions or inactions he may be accused of in this forum. Until he his proven guilty, all allegations are mere insinuation.
Re: FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! by mbulela: 1:05am On May 05, 2010
i guess this
naijaking1:

If you're not educated enough to understand that in civilized societies, all accussed persons are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, then I really can't argue with you. We have gone through this concept in many previous threads on this issue, and there's no time to educate you at this time. Just go buy a small book on civics.
aplies to this
E nice:

"A person is innocent until proven guilty IN A COURT OF LAW". Therefore, SLS is innocent of all actions or inactions he may be accused of in this forum. Until he his proven guilty, all allegations are mere insinuation.
so can we end the argument?
Since every one is innocent.
Let the looters continue in peace and let the mallam governor continue in peace too.
Or is there another spin to it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan / Amaechi's Port Harcourt In Pictures / We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.