Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? (2086 Views)

My Girlfriend Is Too Dependent Advice Needed / Please Help! I Have Over Dependent Girlfriend Relationship Is Demoralizing Me / 10 Types Of Ladies That Are In Relationships But Still Sleep Around (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 3:30am On Mar 14, 2018
I have had discussions with several of my fellow female folks and work colleagues over the issue of the "Responsibilities" of a boyfriend in a relationship and to my dismay, almost all had the same beliefs. Most of them believed that their boyfriends wer the ones saddled with the responsibilities of;

-paying for their new hair-do

-buying new phones for them

-sending them airtime regularly

-giving them monetry allowances 

-buying them clothes and shoes....etc

The list is endless.

Most even argued that if he (their bf) wants them to look good, he must be ready to spend.

In my mind i was like "WTF!" isnt that their father's responsibilty? 

The only exceptions i came across were some of the ladies who were raised abroad and a few who were born in upper class families.

Those ones have a very different mentality. They believed that it was after getting a gud education and subsequently a gud job wud they be able to take care of themselves and buy watever they need. 

The scenario got me thinking...

Is Poverty to blame for the general attitude of our naija babes or are they just Greedy?

4 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by UDUJ(m): 3:37am On Mar 14, 2018
The answer is pretty simple - because they can get away with it. Seriously, if every time you walked out of the door, a bunch of women ogled at you, offered to take you out, treated you nicely even when you misbehaved , started acting nervous every time you were around etc. and did for a majority of your life - wouldn't you be a bit more demanding than what you are right now?

Too many of us men for too long a time have behaved like chumps. So women naturally expect chump behavior as the default. If around the world, a majority of the guys stopped behaving like this, women naturally would start behaving better

7 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 4:27am On Mar 14, 2018
GPAW. GREED and POVERTY AT WORK

yet they want same rights as men. It takes a stupid man to tolerate such nonsense. Left to persons like me bimbos like Roman will be dead broke.

2 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 4:54am On Mar 14, 2018
I don't think poverty is the sure cause why our Nigeria ladies are financial pest in a relationship..

Because in most developed and developing countries,, you still see ladies from poor families, struggling and doing little jobs just to take care of themselves without depending on men..

however i think the mentality of our naija ladies are set that way,, probably it's because of what they observe from their parents and grand parents..

like it's a generational thing.

though not all Nigeria ladies think that way but those that do,, see nothing wrong in depending on men because their mom and sisters depend on men too..

If Your mom or sisters are their own bosses,, you will follow in their footsteps..

2 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by TheUpsetGirl(m): 5:05am On Mar 14, 2018
lalasticalla this one is FP material
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 5:05am On Mar 14, 2018
DrinkLimca:
I don't think poverty is the sure cause why our Nigeria ladies are financial pest in a relationship..

Because in most developed and developing countries,, you still see ladies from poor families, struggling and doing little jobs just to take care of themselves without depending on men..

however i think the mentality of our naija ladies are set that way,, probably it's because of what they observe from their parents and grand parents..

like it's a generational thing.

though not all Nigeria ladies think that way but those that do,, see nothing wrong in depending on men because their mom and sisters depend on men too..

If Your mom or sisters are their own bosses,, you will follow in their footsteps..
I suspect that lack of dignity on the part of the ladies and lack of self respect are issues for most Nigerian ladies who are financial pests in relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by eezeribe(m): 5:23am On Mar 14, 2018
Prechbills:

I have had discussions with several of my fellow female folks and work colleagues over the issue of the "Responsibilities" of a boyfriend in a relationship and to my dismay, almost all had the same beliefs. Most of them believed that their boyfriends wer the ones saddled with the responsibilities of;

The list is endless.

Most even argued that if he (their bf) wants them to look good, he must be ready to spend.

The only exceptions i came across were some of the ladies who were raised abroad and a few who were born in upper class families.

Those ones have a very different mentality. They believed that it was after getting a gud education and subsequently a gud job wud they be able to take care of themselves and buy watever they need. 

Is Poverty to blame for the general attitude of our naija babes or are they just Greedy?
Entitlement mentality and Laziness... But it is my fellow men that spoilt women.
My fellow men actually rent apartments and buy cars for ladies whose fathers don't own a bicycle just because of sex...
My friend took his new catch in his Venza to an eatery,while he went to queue for sharwama,his catch was sitting in the car,listening to cool music while the air conditioner was chilling...
Dear Men,the monsters you created because of lack of sexual control have come back to haunt you.

4 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by MhizzAJ(f): 6:35am On Mar 14, 2018
cool
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 6:38am On Mar 14, 2018
FP material
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by lenghtinny(m): 7:24am On Mar 14, 2018
eezeribe:

Entitlement mentality and Laziness... But it is my fellow men that spoilt women.
My fellow men actually rent apartments and buy cars for ladies whose fathers don't own a bicycle just because of sex...
My friend took his new catch in his Venza to an eatery,while he went to queue for sharwama,his catch was sitting in the car,listening to cool music while the air conditioner was chilling...
Dear Men,the monsters you created because of lack of sexual control have come back to haunt you.
This is so true
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Preshy561(f): 7:29am On Mar 14, 2018
here we go again
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by tee59(f): 7:34am On Mar 14, 2018
Men should be blamed for this cus of pussy.How will they work to earn a living when surrounded with guys that lavish money on dem anytm. Only d responsible and hard working ones will not depend on any guy for maintenance. Most of dose guys never truly care for their families but go extra mile for pussy.

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by UDUJ(m): 7:34am On Mar 14, 2018
I am happy you used the word "girls" and not women, since their behaviors shows that there some young & reckless hot chicks that dig money and advantages. Real women are not like that.

To answer your question, I would simply ask you this: Do you want a young, hot, attractive girlfriend ?

You see every male does. It's a man's dream, at least once in their life. These girls know it, so well that’s why they are taking advantage of it, by stating a price, subtly, for themselves. Boys & men must compete to have them, and the most common thing you see here, is to pay for the expensive bills.

Aside from that, I think there's another reason. It all started in the past where the women didn't have many chances of getting a well-paid job, most of these jobs were occupied by men. So, when a couple's going out, it's usually men who pay for the bills. Our society has been keeping that beautiful image for such a long time that it carves in every girl’s mind, that men should be the ones who pay.

Well, as long as this concept still works, we men have to accept the fact that we should be the one who pays. I may be willing to do it for several times if I find that girl interesting & attractive, but not all the time. If it keeps go on like that, I would dump that girl immediately no matter how hot she is and go for another.

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by GOFRONT(m): 8:15am On Mar 14, 2018
Some ladies be salary earner but dem still dey Tasi their bf for money

Infact naso my galfrnd dey do

I com dey wonder wetin she dey use her own salary take do
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jashar(f): 8:21am On Mar 14, 2018
Social media
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by sidouone(m): 8:30am On Mar 14, 2018
Interesting ......ori aga onisho ni obinrin naa majokosi.....nonsense
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by marvin906(m): 8:39am On Mar 14, 2018
let me start with this..
we guys are our own worst enemies growing up i was taught by my senior bros
that the way you present yourself to a girl determines how she will flow with you..
if you present yourself to a chick that your financially buoyant get ready for budgets,monthly allowances and so on..
a chick that knows the financial capacity of the person shes dating is average wont bill you anyhow cause she knows the size of your pocket F.Y.I ( this only apply s to a chick that loves you) the one that doesn't will bill you either way so thats where greed comes in what their family cant offer them they want you to do it..
aside from that some are just plain stingy a working class girl will still be billing her bf heaven and earth as if she doesn't earn
a salary..i had a gf that is in this category she works buh she still bills me heaven and earth..
anytime she does that i ask if they aint paying her she will try to use emotional blackmail on me..
and this is a chick that hasn't spent a dime of her salary on me..
last last she go tired of budgeting me when i will only say yes to her request maybe once every two months or so..
so OP they are both greedy and stingy

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by bizzy500: 8:40am On Mar 14, 2018
kiss interesting
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by UDUJ(m): 8:45am On Mar 14, 2018
MhizzAJ:
cool

I will like to know what you think about this? Your comments are always interesting cheesy
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 14, 2018
eezeribe:

after such women now dump them after spending all their savings they will now go to joro blog crying grin
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 14, 2018
UDUJ:

I will like to know what you think about this? Your comments are always interesting cheesy
waiting for her comments too grin grin
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by UDUJ(m): 8:51am On Mar 14, 2018
lefulefu:

waiting for her comments too grin grin

cheesy grin Abi O cheesy
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by shaybebaby(f): 8:52am On Mar 14, 2018
Blame it on patriarchy.

You have fostered an environment where you repeatedly tell women they are nothing without men and now you complaining?

They just acting out the narrative you provided.

Change the narrative, hold everyone to the same standard (feminism) and voila! All your problem solved.

But in as much as you continue to say women are nothing, man is the head blabla, stating gender roles as a matter of fact not individual propensity, you gon be buying weaves.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Stevengerd(m): 8:53am On Mar 14, 2018
GOFRONT:

Lol, what ave you benefitted frm her in the reltnshp?
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by LordKO(m): 9:07am On Mar 14, 2018
Greediness. Genuine love never drains instead it renews. Therefore, any relationship you're into that requires acceding, either directly or indirectly, to the conditions listed herein means that the recipient doesn't have genuine love for you, and should be discarded with alacrity. I don't see love of any kind, where there's no altruism, sincerity and beneficence to mention but a few mandatory attributes that must be present to give credence and validate someone's genuine love towards you.

Healthy relationship isn't negotiable.

4 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by SexyDenzel: 9:30am On Mar 14, 2018
GOFRONT:

Bro ur gf is the type that will have millions in her account and still collect your last 5k to cook soup and task you the next morning for you to go and make or borrow or steal because you're the man in this relationship, hope you know that's how she is. You better not be planning any future like marriage with her ooo if you love your life. Bixxxes with this mentality is strictly for fcking and nothing else then get a real lady that you want to marry. Sometimes girls cry after so many years my bf left me and married another girl, here is one of the reasons.

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by GOFRONT(m): 10:25am On Mar 14, 2018
What else if not the other one.... grin
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by GOFRONT(m): 10:25am On Mar 14, 2018
Noted
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Lucketocity: 11:20am On Mar 14, 2018
Prechbills:

The list is endless.

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:44am On Mar 14, 2018
Both genders are to be blamed. Some guys who cannot do without pussies will go to any length to pls a girl just to stick their dick in there . Most ladies are both greedy and lazy The greedy ones will never stop asking their boyfriends money not minding that she is working,while the lazy ones will just sit their ass down waiting for a guy to come Bleep them and give them money.

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 14, 2018
These days sef some ladies don't even need to have a boyfriend or sleep with men before she gets money frm men. In short nigerian men even spend more on girls they haven't slept with than the ones they have already slept with. Most sharp girls out there know d code and dem sabi press the button of such mumu men.u can imagine a whole grown up man with thinking faculty sending 300k to an instagram girl cos of some illusion called love. Babe wey u never use ur eye see. Weda there is anything called social media decimal 10:10 i don't know oo but then dese men act like they are being manipulated. U dey toast a girl for street u already bragging to her dat u have a fat account and a Venza in ur garage. Some men need strong deliverance.

2 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 14, 2018
lefulefu:
These days sef some ladies don't even need to have a boyfriend or sleep with men before she gets money frm men. In short nigerian men even spend more on girls they haven't slept with than the ones they have already slept with. Most sharp girls out there know d code and dem sabi press the button of such mumu men.u can imagine a whole grown up man with thinking faculty sending 300k to an instagram girl cos of some illusion called love. Babe wey u never use ur eye see. Weda there is anything called social media decimal 10:10 i don't know oo but then dese men act like they are being manipulated. U dey toast a girl for street u already bragging to her dat u have a fat account and a Venza in ur garage. Some men need strong deliverance.

Like you need deliverance from lalas_247

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Guys Chase More When Rejected?! / Ned Nwoko Holds Regina Daniels Ass On This New Photos As The Husband Of The Hous / Video-sexy Lady Has Gone Viral For Dressing Seductively, Barbing A Man's Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.