Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,110 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) (64301 Views)

Flag Off Ceremony Of The Reconstruction Of Apapa-Oworonshoki Road (Pictures) / Lagos Government To Transform Oworonshoki Waterfront (Photo) / FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by tribalistseun: 8:29pm On Mar 14, 2018
People will know how far when their rent increases by next year, landlords can't carry the loads alone. Borehole bill, Land use act. Etc

If you're paying N600,000 now, expect 1,000,000 next year. There's no argument to it

1 Like

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by deebrain(m): 8:29pm On Mar 14, 2018
Lagos is working, lagosians are weeping.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by BerryAnny(m): 8:31pm On Mar 14, 2018
Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by Buffalowings3(m): 8:33pm On Mar 14, 2018
shervydman:

About 1/4 of Amsterdam is reclaimed. 11 cities in China are reclaimed from sea, majority of Singapore is reclaimed from sea, Mumbai in India is majorly reclaimed from sea.... the palm island in Dubai is reclaimed also.

Land reclamation has been going on in d Netherlands since 1300 up till today, yet no record of casualties.

Lagos is about 3,000sq/m... being d smallest state in Nigeria with high population density and d need to cater for its demand is high as well. I'm sure people like u can't stay in eko Atlantic cos it's a reclaimed city but will like to live in "mukahari" in Japan not knowing its a reclaimed community as well.

Niggas fear what they don't understand n hates what they can't conquer, guess it's just the theory of man.

Guy.
You are only telling half the story of how the Netherlands keeps itself afloat.
Dikes and machines that work round the clock
Keeping your feet dry is not just about dumping sand and dredging.
Read about this to be more enlightened
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Works

duni04:
I've read some insanely stupid comments here about land reclamation in other countries that today are experiencing terrible flooding disasters. Many parts of Lagos island are below the sea level and some "Einstein" still finds it wise to continue to reclaim land from the sea, and even going as far as comparing with Amsterdam, the flood capital of Europe. Lagosians are insanely stupid people!

Don't call people stupid
We just have to let them know.

8 Likes

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by Sagay212: 8:33pm On Mar 14, 2018
BIG FRAUD!!! WTF DOES THE OP MEAN BY AMBODE IS NOT JOKING? WHATEVER THE PHUCK HE IS DOING IS ANOTHER MEANS TO STEAL AND EMBEZZLE FROM THE GULLIBLE AND DOCILE LAGOSIANS/NIGERIANS. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING SPECIAL IN THIS FRAUD.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by ollah2: 8:35pm On Mar 14, 2018
shervydman:

About 1/4 of Amsterdam is reclaimed. 11 cities in China are reclaimed from sea, majority of Singapore is reclaimed from sea, Mumbai in India is majorly reclaimed from sea.... the palm island in Dubai is reclaimed also.

Land reclamation has been going on in d Netherlands since 1300 up till today, yet no record of casualties.

Lagos is about 3,000sq/m... being d smallest state in Nigeria with high population density and d need to cater for its demand is high as well. I'm sure people like u can't stay in eko Atlantic cos it's a reclaimed city but will like to live in "mukahari" in Japan not knowing its a reclaimed community as well.

Niggas fear what they don't understand n hates what they can't conquer, guess it's just the theory of man.

Well said. You must have listened to too much of Nas songs

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by DEBJOCH1(m): 8:36pm On Mar 14, 2018
OK, we hear, all Neitherland, China, USA, England etc are all reclaimed land, please relay back our message to him, that we Lagosians are vehemently resisting and saying No to 400% increment on Land use. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by Originalsly: 8:39pm On Mar 14, 2018
shervydman:

So because these cities reclaim land Lagos can also do the same? What infrastructure do they have in place to avoid flooding?...does it work for the most part?..how long does it take to flush out flood waters and clean up after a flood? What is Lagos track record on flood by simple rainfall? They manage their floods when their drainage system is overwhelmed. .... we have floods because our drainage system is inadequate. .. is blocked...choked with garbage and not maintained.....then we wait for gravity and brilliant sunshine to drain the land. Consider these factors when making comparisons...they have done it and so can we. The guy is a realist.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by gaby(m): 8:40pm On Mar 14, 2018
duni04:
I've read some insanely stupid comments here about land reclamation in other countries that today are experiencing terrible flooding disasters. Many parts of Lagos island are below the sea level and some "Einstein" still finds it wise to continue to reclaim land from the sea, and even going as far as comparing with [b]Amsterdam, the flood capital of Europe. [/b]Lagosians are insanely stupid people!

Say what?? What part of A'dam is europe flood capital please? No go dey do pass yourself abeg.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by holytribe(m): 8:42pm On Mar 14, 2018
enemmo:
Null and void in my opinion.

Lagos has been overtaken by trash.

Cleaner Lagos initiative is a scam.

Ambode doesn't have my vote.

It's a choice you have made... But he will surely get my vote including that of my family members.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by tete7000(m): 8:43pm On Mar 14, 2018
shervydman:

We are often quick to point to what is done elsewhere but we are never quick to notice we don't pay the same attention they pay to planning and detailing. In Amsterdam canals draining flooded areas won't be blocked the way they are blocked in Lagos. Besides in places like Amsterdam, there are mechanised system - pumps, etc that are installed and use for flood control. We don't have what they have or do what they do. So we should stop using them as yardsticks to justify our actions.
Those places as the guy observed will get flooded, our culture of impunity will ensure there is flooding.

5 Likes

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by Burgerlomo: 8:43pm On Mar 14, 2018
0monnak0da:

This is emotion. Are you an Engineer.

Too dangerous? Is dredging the only way of developing the area
Flloding occurs because there is no drainage not just in that area but across Lagos. With the right engineering solution storm water can be managed

Amsterdam Venice and the UK are good examples of canalization solutions.

We do not have to be superstitious about nature

He can easily take care of the flooding by demolishing the common peeps properties that has been built before he was born to pave way for the drainage cool

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by Espada10: 8:46pm On Mar 14, 2018
shervydman:

dude ..you took me down memeory Lane with Nas in it
Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by jidesp(m): 8:48pm On Mar 14, 2018
AutoReportNG:
I go through this route daily and any sane person will tell you that this is a disaster awaiting to happen, last year was hell for those living around this area as the flood were everywhere. In as much as I commend Ambode but I won't support the degrading of the Lagoon, its too dangerous

Come back around June/July when we will be in the rainy season, I will remind you then

Cheers

u made a valid point however the land acquired by the government were adversely possessed. I sympathize with people who experienced flood last year but the value of the project will be a major solution to traffic, and it is a major breakthrough for transportation since Nigerians has never really rely on such channel for transportation.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 14, 2018
tete7000:

We are often quick to point to what is done elsewhere but we are never quick to notice we don't pay the same attention they pay to planning and detailing. In Amsterdam canals draining flooded areas won't be blocked the way they are blocked in Lagos. Besides in places like Amsterdam, there are mechanised system - pumps, etc that are installed and use for flood control. We don't have what they have or do what they do. So we should stop using them as yardsticks to justify our actions.
Those places as the guy observed will get flooded, our culture of impunity will ensure there is flooding.
Bros, most of d reclamation in Amsterdam were done before 18th century....that was when those sophisticated mechanised n flooding system weren't in place....

5 Likes

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by Dsov2016: 8:57pm On Mar 14, 2018
0monnak0da:

This is emotion. Are you an Engineer.

Too dangerous? Is dredging the only way of developing the area
Flloding occurs because there is no drainage not just in that area but across Lagos. With the right engineering solution storm water can be managed

Amsterdam Venice and the UK are good examples of canalization solutions.

We do not have to be superstitious about nature

and Venice is sinking

1 Like

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by udi4eva(m): 9:02pm On Mar 14, 2018
shervydman:

Its easy for you to point out what other countries are doing well when you are only here in lagos.
You said Amstadam. Do you know the kind of scheduled maintenance they run on their dykes?
You said palm island/world islands in Dubia. Do you know that up to date, they still have to replenish their beaches with sand due to the massive removal rate of beach sand caused by blocking of the natural flow of water by these artificial islands.
The problem with nigeria is that we haven't walked, yet we wana run.
I am not against the project buy the person you are trying to prove a point to understands better than you.
Even if they have plans for dredging and creating water ways to prevent flood, what is the probability that someone like you, or your friends will not dump refuse to block it.
Take a look at your street and see the gutters, see the dirts littered everywhere, and ask your self. Can human beings living in these places and a government that cannot provide basic amenities run a maintenance schedule that will stand its ground against a force of nature in a never ending battle?
Has is occurred to you that lagos is the only "mega city" in the world that has only one means of transportation? The roads ate not even close to good enough.
Its a good project, but im sorry we not yet matured in mind for all these. We should be making good roads to link outside the state so that people can live outside lagos and work in lagos. This will help in depopulating the state.

11 Likes

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by bionixs: 9:02pm On Mar 14, 2018
AutoReportNG:

Its well, I am out.
long or short grammar. they should know what to do when the great flood comes calling
Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by bbmate: 9:03pm On Mar 14, 2018
[quote author=AutoReportNG post=65838630]I go through this route daily and any sane person will tell you that this is a disaster awaiting to happen, last year was hell for those living around this area as the flood were everywhere. In as much as I commend Ambode but I won't support the degrading of the Lagoon, its too dangerous

Come back around June/July when we will be in the rainy season, I will remind you then

That is not true, have you ever go to Eko bar beach how they sand filled the place and the building erected there. This is ocean not to talk of lagoon. This is the era of possibility bro

1 Like

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by Bluffly: 9:06pm On Mar 14, 2018
shervydman:

The question in this part of the world is that is it properly done, were every form of disaster considered and preventive measures taken. I can tell you that they are only concern about what the government will make.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by yansky(m): 9:10pm On Mar 14, 2018
AutoReportNG:
I go through this route daily and any sane person will tell you that this is a disaster awaiting to happen, last year was hell for those living around this area as the flood were everywhere. In as much as I commend Ambode but I won't support the degrading of the Lagoon, its too dangerous

I live there sir and what you just said is typical Nigeria nonsense. Just talking without proof to sound informed. Stop it.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by Godyke(m): 9:11pm On Mar 14, 2018
There is an existing jetty at Mile 2 with similar design, abandoned and littered with sunken ferries like a war zone. They should first fix this existing asset and use it as model for any other one. The Mile 2 to CMS routes is what am referring to. Everything should not be about mainland and Victoria Island only.

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by Demonicide(f): 9:16pm On Mar 14, 2018
shervydman:

Guy you finished that asshole.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 14, 2018
Are they selling any of the sandfilled part of the place ?

Biafrans, new real estate opportunities don arrive.

Make we go buy all.

hahahahahaahahaaha

1 Like

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by Dearlord(m): 9:31pm On Mar 14, 2018
AutoReportNG:

You base your examples developed countries, this is Africa, Nigeria, Lagos state where we lack proper structure and management, I don't normally like to argue or try to feel I know all, I am open to correction, let me give you an example of a place that was sand filled in Lagos and that's Ojuolobun Housing Estate close to Adeniji Bus Stop immediately after third mainland bridge, please when it rains, kindly take a stroll or drive along this area to buttress my point

Is it a good idea? Very well, but is it feasible? I doubt it until we change our mentality on how things were being run. China, Netherlands etc were able to overcome the challenge cos they have plans and structure in place for it

God bless Ambode, God bless Lagos state

Eko oni baje

My able Cha, just don't mind them . They base their conclusions on another man's theory forgetting to understand endodemic larttal series of thermal ecology.

Reclamation of sealand is done by experts in various field of advanced engineering which happened to be ommited by the board of technical engineers over there.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by thunderbabs: 9:34pm On Mar 14, 2018
AutoReportNG:

Cheers

There are buildings of archictectural masterpiece built on lagoons today all around the world, okay. Flood havent moved them

1 Like

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by deomelllo: 9:38pm On Mar 14, 2018
Godyke:
There is an existing jetty at Mile 2 with similar design, abandoned and littered with sunken ferries like a war zone.

They should first fix this existing asset and use it as model for any other one.

You are a little bit behind.

The Mile 2 jetty was concessioned with the same cinema hall, entertainment, shopping mall, and many other life supporting facilities theme like what they are doing in Oworonshoki.

the concession agreement is build, Operate and Transfer (BOT) bases.

http://businessandmaritimewestafrica.com/maritime-development/lasg-concessions-mile-2-jetty-to-private-operator

The Mile 2 to CMS routes is what am referring to. Everything should not be about mainland and Victoria Island only.

Mile 2 and the surrounding areas are actually benefiting more than a lot of communities in Lagos state, they have the Lagos Metro and a 10 lane freeway with BRT and a world-class jetty to follow.

Stay up to date.

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by mustylaw45(m): 9:43pm On Mar 14, 2018
revolt:
actually Netherlands is has some of the worlds greatest flood disasters in recent past..they practically are battling being submerged. Google it pls.

Your English no go keeeeeeeeee meeeeeee. Hahahaha.
Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by chiefojiji(m): 9:45pm On Mar 14, 2018
Will Lagosians be able to travel from there to New York??

1 Like

Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by Adefemiaderoju1: 9:48pm On Mar 14, 2018
shervydman:
Yeah, that's true...... Lagos has plan, Nigeria doesn't. Lagos is working, Nigeria isn't.

Lagos is better than Nigeria. Don't quote me pls, my fingers are playing pranks on me.
I can't agree less
Re: Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) by TechAddiction: 9:50pm On Mar 14, 2018
shervydman:

Bro all dis places u ve just mentioned has bn well planned to withstand any form future outburst.... Most of d lekki flooding usually happen as a result of the eco Atlantic construction.. d water was not properly channelled

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prof. Alexia Thomas To Buhari: Shut Down Nigerian Embassy In Uk Within 48hrs / EndSARS: Protesters Storm Abeokuta With Charms (Photos) / This Nigerian Soldier Died Giving His Life For His Comrades .photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.