Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Advice Needed From Child Experts - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed From Child Experts (673 Views)

Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth / How Can Parents Protect Their Kids From Child -Molesters? / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed From Child Experts by pimper24: 6:37am On Mar 15, 2018
A friend was having serious quarrels with his wife over their son's education. 3 years and in nursery one, my friend said the basic things children of that age would ordinarily know like "what is your name?, how old are you?" were taught him from home and wanted to change his school which the wife said no that children learn at their one individual pace.
The boy talks, I am hungry, I want this or that, where is this or that, loud it... (when the volume of his cartoon is low), greet daddy and he says good morning sir... etc but ask him what happened in school? he repeats what happened in school and stuff like that. I had thought his teachers are not really trying and tasked my friend to hire a private tutors which he did but said the tutor complains the boy plays a lot.
The questions are:
Is the development of the child normal?
If no, who's fault is it, teachers or parent?
Re: Advice Needed From Child Experts by thorpido(m): 6:57am On Mar 15, 2018
I don't see anything wrong with this child's development from your narrative.He's just 3 years and most children at that age just know basic things.A few are sharper at that age but just a few.A child will take his parents' genes so what did the parents know at that age?
He should let the boy continue his development and not put him under pressure. What are kids in nursery 1 expected to know...........solve maths equations?

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed From Child Experts by calaway: 6:58am On Mar 15, 2018
pimper24:
A friend was having serious quarrels with his wife over their son's education. 3 years and in nursery one, my friend said the basic things children of that age would ordinarily know like "what is your name?, how old are you?" were taught him from home and wanted to change his school which the wife said no that children learn at their one individual pace.
The boy talks, I am hungry, I want this or that, where is this or that, loud it... (when the volume of his cartoon is low), greet daddy and he says good morning sir... etc but ask him what happened in school? he repeats what happened in school and stuff like that. I had thought his teachers are not really trying and tasked my friend to hire a private tutors which he did but said the tutor complains the boy plays a lot.
The questions are:
Is the development of the child normal?
If no, who's fault is it, teachers or parent?

every child is special as an individual. This child is displaying traits of echolalia, a sign of autism. but since he attempts communicating he will overcome the restraint with encouragement and time but parent must push him always never a dull moment and be his teachers there is little a teacher in a class room of 20 kids can do for one special needs child. the greatest men had autistic disorders. Albert Einstein comes to mind.
Re: Advice Needed From Child Experts by eyinjuege: 7:57am On Mar 15, 2018
That child is doing great for his age. He shouldn't even be in school yet, and should still be at home running around and playing.
Imagine gettting a tutor for a 3 year old child. Because you push your child through school earlier doesnt mean he will be more successful in life. Let him be and stop putting so much pressure on a child.
It will have a negative impact on the child if you push too hard.
When he's 5, you can get a tutor for him ( not even necessary sef)
Re: Advice Needed From Child Experts by diportivo: 8:08am On Mar 15, 2018
someone is even saying autism shocked

that child is doing great

he even greets

I'm wondering what you expect him to answer about what happened in school

we did assembly....teacher taught us

3 years old

very soon, parents will expect three year olds to be driving them to work from ketu to vi undecided

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed From Child Experts by pimper24: 9:06am On Mar 15, 2018
Yea, I got more confused reading about the so called autism. Confusion everywhere, which means at one point or the other all of us exhibited the core signs of the autism. Abeg I will advise him not to worry himself. At most if he's so concerned, he should take his concerns to God in prayers, yes call us Africans.
So grateful for the positive advise. I forwarded each one to my friends email. He's so grateful.
Re: Advice Needed From Child Experts by timifakay(m): 10:03pm On Mar 15, 2018
People can just like to throw big words around!
Echolala àbí wetin?
Does the child even know where he goes to is school and the purpose it serves?
The person that accepted to tutor him sef! That's wickedness, I can't even ask an eight year old what was done in school.

Just let the child be. He has no problems, he's just an happy young boy!

That person diagnosing autism ehn... The guy he's very bright in my opinion, and that's why he repeats the question he doesn't know the answer to in an attempt to let the person asking know he acknowledges what's said to him...
Re: Advice Needed From Child Experts by Smhart1(f): 10:09pm On Mar 15, 2018
The baby is suppose to be in baby class at that age. Biko people need to stop rushing their kids

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed From Child Experts by LeJeun3: 11:35pm On Mar 15, 2018

calaway:

every child is special as an individual. This child is displaying traits of echolalia, a sign of autism. but since he attempts communicating he will overcome the restraint with encouragement and time but parent must push him always never a dull moment and be his teachers there is little a teacher in a class room of 20 kids can do for one special needs child. the greatest men had autistic disorders. Albert Einstein comes to mind.

You are not Okay honestly......

The person who agreed to Tutor a 3 year old is headed to Hell

This describes my Terry Walker (he is smarter), but that's a regular 3year old.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

What's The Best Way To Handle A Wild Neighbour Always Ready To Fight You / Pro-Abortion Women Go On "Sex Strike" To Save Abortion Law (Roe v. Wade) / Woman With Heart-shaped Womb Gives Birth To Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.