Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,820 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at (26592 Views)

Lagos Adjusts Closing, Resumption Dates For Public Primary Schools / WAEC Amends Exam Timetable To Accommodate Jummat Service / Download Full BECE “Junior WAEC 2022” Timetable .PDF | Past Questions | Syllabus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by chigoziem10(f): 10:40am On Mar 17, 2018
Throwback:

Because a secular state called Nigeria employs the Christian calendar and Christian work week inherited from the Christian Europeans.

No Muslim country works on Fridays, and certainly work on Sundays.

So if you already enjoy a Christian advantage in a secular country, must you them proceed to rob Muslims of just a 1hr window when you already have a full day that nobody dares to reduce by 1hr?

Now fix a WAEC exam even on a Sunday evening and watch how CAN and rabid dogs like FFK, would forget that it is just a weekend, and tell you categorically that it is a deliberate attack on Christians due to the holyday that it is.

By the way, I'm a Christian, not just the fanatical and fundamentalist type. I also believe religion itself is a menace to this world.
You just ended up making a fool of yourself, it was a simple question. Why is it that you do not go to work on Sundays & you decided to write a script. Aluta

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:40am On Mar 17, 2018
onyeali:

Waec can't not fix exam on Sunday because Sunday is not a school day assuming Sunday is a school day then waec can fix exam on Sunday. But in this post,the exam was fixed on a school day.

I think we have to fight for that separately!

Saturdays and Sundays are holidays given to us by our colonial masters who were majorly Non-Muslims!
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Viicfuntop(f): 10:41am On Mar 17, 2018
Throwback:

He asked you a simple straightforward question if Nigeria is a Christian country?

Nigeria is a secular country

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by introvertedsoul: 10:41am On Mar 17, 2018
RisMas:

Oga, if we go seperate ways, it wont solve the problem, as we have northern christians, so we have southern muslims. Be informed that islam is fast growing in the south east. Go to Imo and enugu and see numbers of mosques being built daily.

We need to understand one another, if we do, it will go a long way in promoting peaceful co-existence

Shut your gworo gutter mouth.
Those mosques are being built for the abokis in that area.
You will hardly see a true Igbo muslim. Quit deceiving yourself.

4 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by BruncleZuma: 10:41am On Mar 17, 2018
Throwback:

I belong to the same special interest you belong to, that will never give up 1hr of the full day holyday of Sunday, but expects a fellow recognised religion to sacrifice the very 1hour that is already acknowledged by the government as their prayer hour on Friday.

So WAEC that avoided exams on Sunday, should have also avoided exams on this holy hour in Friday.

Do you attend work on Sunday ...have you ever gone to school on a Sunday if yes please give your reasons.

Have you ever gone for an interview on a Sunday if yes give reasons.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 10:43am On Mar 17, 2018
Yoruba Muslims are low key more dangerous than the almajiris of the north.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Hawlahscho(m): 10:44am On Mar 17, 2018
Purewatermeji:
Islam will conquer Nigeria one day. We are dominating gradually and we dictate how to run Nigerians. We can't wait to have sharia nationwide smiley
And you're glad, right?

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by BalogunIdowu(m): 10:44am On Mar 17, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
Power of Afonja Muslim shocked. If a single group fit hold WAEC to ransom then this country is doomed! grin grin

Am sorry but the last time i checked this are people who have rights like every other person to practice their religion....It should not be an issue all the time, it should just be part of the schedule

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 17, 2018
Still waiting 4 d day dey will ask govt to allow dem do official work on Saturdays n Sundays, till then i wont take dem serious

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Throwback: 10:45am On Mar 17, 2018
BruncleZuma:

Do you attend work on Sunday ...have you ever gone to school on a Sunday if yes please give your reasons.

Have you ever gone for an interview on a Sunday if yes give reasons.

A reason I have given from my previous comment on Christians Europeans and the calendar they bequeathed us.

And yes, I have attended classes on Sundays in the MiddleEast, while having Friday as my weekend.

And yes I work on Sundays as my type of work has no regard for time, weekend, public holiday, or religious holiday.

Petrodollars rightly has no regard for religion when economics is all that matters.

So maybe it is time that we Christians in a secular Nigeria also reduce our full Sunday holiday to just 2hrs on Sunday and return to work immediately, or accept that Friday should also be a full workfree holyday. Seeing that we are not grateful for the undue advantage we already enjoy, rather we even want to disregard the Friday prayer hour already recognised by the federal government.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is arrant nonsense.
Absolute fvckery and ridiculous fanaticism.
MURIC should as well force airlines to postpone or cancel Friday flights so that passengers can attend Ju'maat.

Its a shame that WAEC succumbed to the subtle Islamization ploy.

How many WAEC candidates observe Ju'maat?
Why should a student in school even want to leave school to attend Ju'maat?
Let alone a student who has exams.

In saner climes, WAEC would be sued to court for altering timetables for a reason as flimsy as this.

With the way the country is tilting, very soon Fridays will be considered work-free days and it will be considered an offence if the rule is flouted.

MURIC should get one fact clear;
Nigeria is a secular state and will always remain one!!!
Friday is a weekday and exams can hold on any day of the week (except Sunday which is globally considered the Sabbath day.)

obvious ignoramus is obvious

in the middle east, including Israel the weekend is friday . yep that's right . those jews you guys love to assdive do not rest on sundays

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 17, 2018
Throwback:

Because a secular state called Nigeria employs the Christian calendar and Christian work week inherited from the Christian Europeans.

No Muslim country works on Fridays, and certainly work on Sundays.

So if you already enjoy a Christian advantage in a secular country, must you them proceed to rob Muslims of just a 1hr window when you already have a full day that nobody dares to reduce by 1hr?

Now fix a WAEC exam even on a Sunday evening and watch how CAN and rabid dogs like FFK, would forget that it is just a weekend, and tell you categorically that it is a deliberate attack on Christians due to the holyday that it is.

By the way, I'm a Christian, not just the fanatical and fundamentalist type. I also believe religion itself is a menace to this world.

forget Islam - in isreal they work on sundays and rest on fridays and saturdays

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by farouk0403(m): 10:52am On Mar 17, 2018
happney65:
Below is what i wrote yesterday when it came to Frontpage..Withing minutes i had over 100likes and still counting...All for it to be hidden..I can now see nairaland is first becoming China and russia..All become of a shitrole religion..A religion of Piss..What a Shame..

Muslims are real weere people..They will be doing as if they own the world..Members of the seventh day adventist should also go on a protest and tell the Federal govt not to fix elections on Saturday or else they will go and tear ballot papers..or when there are environmental days on Saturday they should protest and destroy everywhere..

These people no get any sense at all..They will keep on disturbing the peace of the whole world

Go and hug transformer

WAEC have already changed it.

No single like for you henceforth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by RisMas(m): 10:54am On Mar 17, 2018
introvertedsoul:

Shut your gworo gutter mouth.
Those mosques are being built for the abokis in that area.
You will hardly see a true Igbo muslim. Quit deceiving yourself.
I never knew im conversing with an immatured dolt. Well, i have no time to trade insult with hate-filled teenager feom the land of the rising clown. Below is a post i made last year about the construction of new central mosque in IMO. Get yourself informed by checking them out with photo proof below wink

N.B
The mosque was built by igbo muslims, not even Northerner cool

https://www.nairaland.com/3256732/pictures-new-jummat-mosque-built

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by BruncleZuma: 10:55am On Mar 17, 2018
Throwback:

A reason I have given from my previous comment on Christians Europeans and the calendar they bequeathed us.

And yes, I have attended classes on Sundays in the MiddleEast, while having Friday as my weekend.

And yes I work on Sundays as my type of work has no regard for time, weekend, public holiday, or religious holiday.

Petrodollars rightly has no regard for religion when economics is all that matters.

So maybe it is time that we Christians in a secular Nigeria also reduce our full Sunday holiday to just 2hrs on Sunday and return to work immediately, or accept that Friday should also be a full workfree holyday. Seeing that we are not grateful for the undue advantage we already enjoy, rather we even want to disregard the Friday prayer hour already recognised by the federal government.

Remember the issue is not the timing but the day, if folks can attend classes, go to work and do every other legal activity up until Friday what stops them from writing their exams and taking a Juma'at break on the required time on Friday or is there an Eid on that day?

Syria, Egypt and some other ME countries have Christian populations should they cancel Exams on Sundays to suit them?

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Throwback: 10:55am On Mar 17, 2018
oyb:

forget Islam - in isreal they work on sundays and rest on fridays and saturdays

Exactly!

And some deliberate idiots want to pretend that our Sunday and Saturday weekend calendar is not because we were colonised by the Christian Europeans.

And they who wouldn't give up even 1hr of their holy Sunday, criticise those who insist that their holy 1 to 2 hrs must be respected by the same WAEC who respected Sunday.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:55am On Mar 17, 2018
RisMas:

Is Nigeria a christian country? Why do we need to have holidays on sunday, why are we using the invention of a catholic pope called Calendar to conduct our own affairs? Why do we use christian parlance to name Heads of Govt Agencies Minister and departments as ministries? Why do we use church titles in our education sector? Rector, Vice Chancellor, Dean, Provost are all borrowed from christianity.

Just because of common Anjamin arabic on Naira, they screamed islamization, Just because Nigerian Army used Arabic in their logo, they screamed islamization. Are Nigerian Muslims not as equal as Nigerian Christians? Are we second class citizens?

We should learn to understand one another in order to live in peace. Enough of all these victimization of Muslims on Nairaland angry angry angry
(

If they put a Christian symbol on the Naira or on the Nigerian army logo, wouldn't you guys scream your heads off? you would even go about killing people. Why can't we just let peace reign, live and let live, mutual respect. It is a secular country, No need to put Islamic inscription on anything.

4 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Patokeikem: 10:56am On Mar 17, 2018
This Is What We Are Talking About. Mediocre Ruling Us. When The Cut Off Points Wil Be Less In The North And Higher In The South. Very Soon, Fridays Wil Be Declare Work Free Day. And We Will Accept Whatever That Is Placed On The Table.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 17, 2018
Throwback:

Exactly!

And some deliberate idiots want to pretend that our Sunday and Saturday weekend calendar is not because we were colonised by the Christian Europeans.

And they who wouldn't give up even 1hr of their holy Sunday, criticise those who insist that their holy 1 to 2 hrs must be respected by the same WAEC who respected Sunday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workweek_and_weekend

those are the workweeks across the world

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by ajealadick(m): 10:57am On Mar 17, 2018
Stop being stupid and ignorant. He many times has exams been fixed on Sunday by WAEC?
Am a Christian but I'll say this most of the religious issues we have as a nation is causied by various intolerant religious bigots. Islam I a major religion in Nigeria and should be accommodated when plans are made. It take very little to do the right things than saving problems.
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is arrant nonsense.
MURIC should as well force airlines to postpone or cancel Friday flights so that passengers can attend Ju'maat.

In saner climes, WAEC would be sued to court for altering timetables for a reason as flimsy as this.

With the way the country is tilting, very soon Fridays will be considered work-free days and it will be considered an offence if the rule is flouted.

Friday is a weekday and exams can hold on any day of the week (except Sunday which is globally considered the Sabbath day.)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by debolayinka(m): 10:57am On Mar 17, 2018
Thank God our people are now sure to write their exams safely, without any fear of terrorists causing violence.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Patokeikem: 10:58am On Mar 17, 2018
nenergy:
Religious tolerance is necessary for progress.
not When It Is One Sided.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by xtivin(m): 10:58am On Mar 17, 2018
The school bell is how much?
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by RisMas(m): 10:58am On Mar 17, 2018
BruncleZuma:
Your have just answered your own question...do you attend your school and work on Sundays?
Yes, that is the reason why i said Muslim should be respected too. Afterall, we arent asking for public holiday on friday and not even forcing Hijrah almanac on Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Throwback: 10:58am On Mar 17, 2018
BruncleZuma:

Remember the issue is not the timing but the day, if folks can attend classes, go to work and do every other legal activity up until Friday what stops them from writing their exams and taking a Juma'at break on the required time on Friday or is there an Eid on that day?

Syria, Egypt and some other ME countries have Christian populations should they cancel Exams on Sundays to suit them?

So you see, you did not even get the full tale.

The problem is the hours not the day, and WAEC has now adjusted the conflicting papers to hold after prayer time and not during prayer time on Friday that originally elicited the Muslim protest.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by introvertedsoul: 11:00am On Mar 17, 2018
RisMas:

I never knew im conversing with an immatured dolt. Well, i have no time to trade insult with hate-filled teenager feom the land of the rising clown. Below is a post i made last year about the construction of new central mosque in IMO. Get yourself informed by checking them out with photo proof below wink

N.B
The mosque was built by igbo muslims, not even Northerner cool

https://www.nairaland.com/3256732/pictures-new-jummat-mosque-built

Didn't know I was conversing with a demented crossed eyed moronic latrine sniffing aboki, intent on Islamizing Igbo land.
So just because ONE delusional idiot built ONE mosque you take it that Igbos are converting to the yansh sniffing, prick washing religion in troves? Too much nyash sniffing from yesterdays prayer is worrying you. BTW, oh nyash sniffer, WHERE is the "IGBO" man that built the mosque? All i see are irrelevant pictures of a structure worthy of being a pit latrine style toilet.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by maasoap(m): 11:02am On Mar 17, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
Power of Afonja Muslim shocked. If a single group fit hold WAEC to ransom then this country is doomed! grin grin
I pity people like you. People who don't care about feelings, rights, wants and convenience of others. This is holding to ransom to you but it is not. How about fixing timetables to include Sunday mornings and let's see what CAN has to say about it.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Lomprico2: 11:02am On Mar 17, 2018
They have given these terrorists an inch, expect them to take a mile.

Friday work free day nationwide loading....
Declaring nigeria an islamic state loading......

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Enemyofpeace: 11:02am On Mar 17, 2018
Absolute nonsense. Religion of peace my foot.

All I know is that they must go to work on Fridays while I go to church and also rest on Sundays tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by toye440: 11:03am On Mar 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is arrant nonsense.

Watch my words d next thing they would demand is make Friday a work free day.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:04am On Mar 17, 2018
Viicfuntop:

How is it lovely? How many student truly observe the prayer by 2? I can’t remember any of my Muslim friends saying they want to leave to go attend the prayer when we are having a class or something.

Prayer is not exactly at 2pm! it can be before 1pm or at 1pm or past 1pm based on the sun's movement at the prevailing season! So your friends may have prayed before 2pm. Or it could be they wanted to pray at the last moments of that particular prayer. They may be off-prayer i.e. Menstruating and can leave prayers. They may also be females who are permitted to miss Friday Prayers.

And it can also be that they are of those who don't take prayers seriously!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

11-Year-Old Naomi Oloyede Addressing UNODC International Conference In Vienna / Teacher Ripped Off Student's Trouser For Disobeying Schools Rules And Regulation / What Issues Are You Facing With 2017 Jamb Registration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.