Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,908 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at (26598 Views)

Lagos Adjusts Closing, Resumption Dates For Public Primary Schools / WAEC Amends Exam Timetable To Accommodate Jummat Service / Download Full BECE “Junior WAEC 2022” Timetable .PDF | Past Questions | Syllabus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by RisMas(m): 11:04am On Mar 17, 2018
Mrchippychappy:

If they put a Christian symbol on the Naira or on the Nigerian army logo, wouldn't you guys scream your heads off? you would even go about killing people. Why can't we just let peace reign, live and let live, mutual respect. It is a secular country, No need to put Islamic inscription on anything.
And whats your take on using Church titles such as Chancellor, Rector, Provost, Dean in our educational sector, how many people have we killed because of that? Even in United States and United Kingdom that brought christianity to Nigeria, they dont use it, You have President of University, and Chairman of Departments.

What is your take on Using Church Parlance for Govt agencies in a secular state like Nigeria. Why shouldnt we have Department of Works and Secretary of Works as used by our colonial masters and USA instead of Ministry of Works and Minister of Work. And how many people have we killed to reject this in our constitution.

Like i said earlier, we should learn to understand one another in order to live in peace. Salam Alaekum cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Ikwokrikwo: 11:06am On Mar 17, 2018
RisMas:

Oga, if we go seperate ways, it wont solve the problem, as we have northern christians, so we have southern muslims. Be informed that islam is fast growing in the south east. Go to Imo and enugu and see numbers of mosques being built daily.

We need to understand one another, if we do, it will go a long way in promoting peaceful co-existence
Islam is growing in your imaginations not the South east, let everyone go his separate way

3 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by AnodaIT(m): 11:07am On Mar 17, 2018
I'm a Christian but the way you squeeze in two contradictory statements in one paragraph is legendary
Hyper hypocrisy
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is arrant nonsense.
Absolute fvckery and ridiculous fanaticism.
MURIC should as well force airlines to postpone or cancel Friday flights so that passengers can attend Ju'maat.

Its a shame that WAEC succumbed to the subtle Islamization ploy.

How many WAEC candidates observe Ju'maat?
Why should a student in school even want to leave school to attend Ju'maat?
Let alone a student who has exams.

In saner climes, WAEC would be sued to court for altering timetables for a reason as flimsy as this.

With the way the country is tilting, very soon Fridays will be considered work-free days and it will be considered an offence if the rule is flouted.

MURIC should get one fact clear;
Nigeria is a secular state and will always remain one!!!
Friday is a weekday and exams can hold on any day of the week (except Sunday which is globally considered the Sabbath day.)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by BruncleZuma: 11:07am On Mar 17, 2018
Throwback:

So you see, you did not even get the full tale.

The problem is the hours not the day, and WAEC has now adjusted the conflicting papers to hold after prayer time and not during prayer time on Friday that originally elicited the Muslim protest.

Then the equivalency of Sunday or fixing exams on Sundays is flawed and mischievous.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:08am On Mar 17, 2018
RisMas:

And whats your take on using Church titles such as Chancellor, Rector, Provost, Dean in our educational sector, how many people have we killed because of that? Even in United States and United Kingdom that brought christianity to Nigeria, they dont use it, You have President of University, and Chairman of Departments.

What is your take on Using Church Parlance for Govt agencies in a secular state like Nigeria. Why shouldnt we have Department of Works and Secretary of Works as used by our colonial masters and USA instead of Ministry of Works and Minister of Work. And how many people have we killed to reject this in our constitution.

Like i said earlier, we should learn to understand one another in order to live in peace. Salam Alaekum cool

Wa Alailum salam, i dey gbadun you

5 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Mujtahida: 11:08am On Mar 17, 2018
RisMas:
Some hypocrate will come here to call muslims trouble maker angry where as, if waec fix any exam for sunday, it will look odd to them. Nigerian should learn how to tolerate one another, the country belongs to all of us
Just like you guys should learn to respect others too cos the way Muslims in Nigeria especially the North including Abuja take over the roads on Fridays is really annoying and insensitive in a country that includes a large number of non Muslims. I've seen a Facebook posts of Muslims praying in Saudi Arabia but in a very orderly way such that the road is free.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Saheed69(m): 11:09am On Mar 17, 2018
Just because of shifting the exam on Friday by 1 hour to accommodate Muslim students to Pray Jumat Salah.

Some of this Christians are Hypocrites

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by maasoap(m): 11:09am On Mar 17, 2018
Lomprico2:
They have given these terrorists an inch, expect them to take a mile.

Friday work free day nationwide loading....
Declaring nigeria an islamic state loading......
Muslims are more than you in Nigeria. If we demand for Friday as holiday in Nigeria, it is justifiable but we don't need it. You don't have to panic just because we might have to enjoy what you are enjoying as a Christian in this country.
All what we ask for is one or two hours so that we too can worship our God, after all, you are given a whole day to do that. Or, do you simply think that as a Nigeria Christian, you have more rights than me as a Nigeria Muslim?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by RisMas(m): 11:10am On Mar 17, 2018
introvertedsoul:

Didn't know I was conversing with a demented crossed eyed moronic latrine sniffing aboki, intent on Islamizing Igbo land.
So just because ONE delusional idiot built ONE mosque you take it that Igbos are converting to the yansh sniffing, prick washing religion in troves? Too much nyash sniffing from yesterdays prayer is worrying you. BTW, oh nyash sniffer, WHERE is the "IGBO" man that built the mosque? All i see are irrelevant pictures of a structure worthy of being a pit latrine style toilet.
Olori buruku omo ina olori pelebe grin grin grin Its a good thing to build churches and spread fake gospel that Jesus wasnt even aware of before he died in hausa land but abomination to build mosque in igbo land. It says more about who you are. My brother, be informed that i just got a piece of land in Okigwe in Imo state, Insha Allah, Im going to erect a magnificent mosque that will serve igbo muslims in the area. You have not seen anything yet, we are coming to orlu and mbaise, when we are done, we will move to anambra. We have igbo brothers that are muslims now, they are tired of being scammed by your jet flying god of men in the name of tithe. Get that in to your pap filled skull grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by dominique(f): 11:12am On Mar 17, 2018
chigoziem10:

You just ended up making a fool of yourself, it was a simple question. Why is it that you do not go to work on Sundays & you decided to write a script. Aluta

He answered your question perfectly, you should go back and read it carefully.

The country adopted the work free Sunday which suits Christians more despite it not being a Christian country. We were based in Qatar or Saudi Arabia, Friday would have been a work free day. That said, nothing wrong in taking out an hour to allow the Muslim faithful observe their prayers. They're not disturbing anybody.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by RisMas(m): 11:13am On Mar 17, 2018
Mujtahida:

Just like you guys should learn to respect others too cos the way Muslims in Nigeria especially the North including Abuja take over the roads on Fridays is really annoying and insensitive in a country that includes a large number of non Muslims. I've seen a Facebook posts of Muslims praying in Saudi Arabia but in a very orderly way such that the road is free.
Yes oOo, Just like the way merchant of Gospels on Lagos Ibadan express way used to clear the road during their holy ghost services. wink wink

3 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by maasoap(m): 11:14am On Mar 17, 2018
BruncleZuma:

Then the equivalency of Sunday or fixing exams on Sundays is flawed and mischievous.
Of course, to you, it is. But giving Muslim students just one hour to observe their weekly Jumah should call for wailing on your part and that of your co-travellers? Hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 17, 2018
Mujtahida:

one can make the same complaints about Christians
what happens outside the churches on lagos ibadan expressway every end of month?
what about the inconsiderate parking on sundays where roads are blocked to one lane only?

3 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by RisMas(m): 11:15am On Mar 17, 2018
Ikwokrikwo:
Islam is growing in your imaginations not the South east, let everyone go his separate way
Bro, search islam Calling in Igbo land group on facebook and see how your brothers and sisters are dumping tithe collecting pastors for islam. I dont have to argue with you. Go to fb and search. May be you will soon become the cheif Imam of ya village soon cool

5 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:16am On Mar 17, 2018
RisMas:

Olori buruku omo ina olori pelebe grin grin grin Its a good thing to build churches and spread fake gospel that Jesus wasnt even aware of before he died in hausa land but abomination to build mosque in igbo land. It says more about who you are. My brother, be informed that i just got a piece of land in Okigwe in Imo state, Insha Allah, Im going to erect a magnificent mosque that will serve igbo muslims in the area. You have not seen anything yet, we are coming to orlu and mbaise, when we are done, we will move to anambra. We have igbo brothers that are muslims now, they are tired of being scammed by your jet flying god of men in the name of tithe. Get that in to your pap filled skull grin grin grin

May Allaah increase you in knowledge, understanding, wealth, health and breath to be able to achieve all these and much more! May Allaah give us too the strength to follow suit. Aamin

3 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by introvertedsoul: 11:16am On Mar 17, 2018
RisMas:

Thanks for the heads up. . . We are waiting.
I like playing on the intelligence of cows and having them spill the beans.
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Bnladan(m): 11:16am On Mar 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is arrant nonsense.
MURIC should as well force airlines to postpone or cancel Friday flights so that passengers can attend Ju'maat.

In saner climes, WAEC would be sued to court for altering timetables for a reason as flimsy as this.

With the way the country is tilting, very soon Fridays will be declared a work-free day and it will be considered an offence if the rule is flouted.

Friday is a weekday and exams can hold on any day of the week (except Sunday which is globally considered the Sabbath day.)
one word dat best describes u; "fool". I dey house, come and beat me

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Viicfuntop(f): 11:18am On Mar 17, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Prayer is not exactly at 2pm! it can be before 1pm or at 1pm or past 1pm based on the sun's movement at the prevailing season! So your friends may have prayed before 2pm. Or it could be they wanted to pray at the last moments of that particular prayer. They may be off-prayer i.e. Menstruating and can leave prayers. They may also be females who are permitted to miss Friday Prayers.

And it can also be that they are of those who don't take prayers seriously!

Actually they are last set you described, even the Arab ones.
The thing here is that Muslims should learn how to approach issues calmly. No offence but communication is violent with them. If they suppress this side, I feel a lot of issues wotud be solved. Thus Muric is beginning to sound like a noise maker. He looks for issues where there shouldn’t.
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by omoranmilowo: 11:18am On Mar 17, 2018
All for peace to reign. It's better.
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:20am On Mar 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:

Very soon airlines will be forced to postpone or cancel Friday flights so that passengers can attend Ju'maat.

Muslims re not interested in having friday as public holiday, if not so it wud ve been a very justified agitation given that sunday, which is a christian day, is public holiday in Nigeria. On account of this, muslims wud ve a justified ground to demand friday as holiday too.
However, if this kind of deliberate negligence which is meant to prevent muslims from observing jummat service persist, just like in it was in my university days, muslims will ve no choice but to intensively advance such an agitation.

To correct u bro, Nigeria isn't a secular state.
Any state that gives consecration, acknowledgement, and concessions to religion cannot be described as a secular state.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by yemi15(m): 11:21am On Mar 17, 2018
Lukgaf:
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has bowed to pressure, and is ready to amend the part of its 2018 SSCE Examination that clashed with the Friday Jumah prayer.

The affected subject is Chemistry 1 and 2, which was originally slated for 2pm to 5pm on Friday, April 20, 2018.

Following reactions from Muslim organisations, the Director of Public Affairs, WAEC Nigeria, Mr Demianus Ojijeogu has confirmed the slight amendment to Premium Times.

Mr Ojijeogu said: “For the sake of the people who will go to the mosque, the exam will be delayed till they come back”.

According to him, “the paper will be delayed till 2:30 pm or 3 pm, when the Muslims will return from the mosque.”

Prof Ishaq Akintola, Prof Abdulrazaq Kilani, Dr Saheed Ashafa and Hajia (Barrister) Mutiat Toyosi Orolu spoke with Premium Times, which exclusively investigated and reported the story.

http://www.iwitness.com.ng/waec-bows-to-pressure-adjusts-timetable-to-enable-muslims-observe-jumaat/

Cc:

Sissie & Mukina2

And we are supposed to be a secular country according to the constitution? Smh

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Mujtahida: 11:22am On Mar 17, 2018
RisMas:

Your posts is chock full of misinformation. Those terms are not Christian or church words. If you had mentioned bishopric, presbytery, ecclesiastical, parish etc I'd agree with you. Those words you reeled out are English words devoid of any religious connotation.

Your talk about Ministry is laughable. Ministry has two Meanings. One is related to government, the other to church. Words should be understood in the context in which they are used.
But you forget about the inscription of Arabic on our Naira and the Nigerian Army Insignia or the logo of my Alma mater ABU Zaria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by SirBrightoc(m): 11:24am On Mar 17, 2018
Misleading information

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Wfaluse: 11:24am On Mar 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is arrant nonsense.

With the way the country is tilting, very soon Fridays will be declared a work-free day and it will be considered an offence if the rule is flouted.

You know what you're- hypocrite. A bloody one at that!

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Bnladan(m): 11:24am On Mar 17, 2018
gbegemaster:
Most offices don't open on Saturday and Sunday. Forget about the religious connotation.
I went to a school where Sundays are d 1st days of d week and Thursdays d last. So wat re u saying? I don't know y u ppl are unhappy because a board yielded to a group's appeal and adjusted an examination, to allow ppl exercise dia freedom of worship and observe a prayer dat won't last 30mins. Until we start tolerating others' religion lyk d way waec did, dis country will never progress
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Medics007(m): 11:26am On Mar 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is arrant nonsense.

I thought Christianity taught you tolerance, but where is did u hide yours. Sunday is not only globally observed as a work free days. Middle East have theirs as Thursday and Friday. Even the North observe Thursday and Friday as work free day before colonization.
I was disappointed with the way Muric react to the whole issue, they can simply meet with the authority concerned about the issue, instead of shouting and claiming to disturb the exams.
The country have made 1pm to 2pm work free for Muslims to observe their prayer, so why should WAEC deny them. Thanks

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Mujtahida: 11:26am On Mar 17, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Muslims re not interested in having friday as public holiday, if not so it wud ve been a very justified agitation given that sunday, which is a christian day, is public holiday in Nigeria. On account of this, muslims wud ve a justified ground to demand friday as holiday too.
However, if this kind of deliberate negligence which is meant to prevent muslims from observing jummat service persist, just like in it was in my university days, muslims will ve no choice but to intensively advance such an agitation.

To correct u bro, Nigeria isn't a secular state.
Any state that gives consecration, acknowledgement, and concessions to religion cannot be described as a secular state.

Stop spreading misinformation. Section 10 of the 1999 Constitution declares Nigeria to be a secular state. If it's not secular I guess it's Islamic abi

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by AngelicBeing: 11:27am On Mar 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is arrant nonsense.

Well said, what do you expect from a jungle sad

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Bnladan(m): 11:27am On Mar 17, 2018
BruncleZuma:
Do you attend schooling on a Sunday...you know we don't use the same calendar as KSA and the other Islamic countries right?
I did attend classes on Sundays. Many schools run d sun-thur structure. My own here is dat y re u ppl angry bout dis decision?
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by RisMas(m): 11:28am On Mar 17, 2018
Mujtahida:

Your posts is chock full of misinformation. Those terms are not Christian or church words. If you had mentioned bishopric, presbytery, ecclesiastical, parish etc I'd agree with you. Those words you reeled out are English words devoid of any religious connotation.

Your talk about Ministry is laughable. Ministry means
But you forget about the inscription of Arabic on our Naira and the Nigerian Army Insignia or the logo of my Alma mater ABU Zaria
Lol, and those words u used in the colored sentence are islamic abi undecided
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is arrant nonsense.

Slate the next exams on Sunday. Since d scope of ur education is highly limited, let me educate u a little. Sunday is not globally recognised as Sabbath. Christian dominant countries yes, Islamic countries recognise Friday and Saturday. Countries like India also work on Sundays. So go and collect change from ur school cos obviously u were not taught current affairs properly.
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Aliyeous(m): 11:28am On Mar 17, 2018
honestly its a norm in nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Teacher Ripped Off Student's Trouser For Disobeying Schools Rules And Regulation / 11-Year-Old Naomi Oloyede Addressing UNODC International Conference In Vienna / What Issues Are You Facing With 2017 Jamb Registration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.