Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,377 members, 7,812,094 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at (26606 Views)

Lagos Adjusts Closing, Resumption Dates For Public Primary Schools / WAEC Amends Exam Timetable To Accommodate Jummat Service / Download Full BECE “Junior WAEC 2022” Timetable .PDF | Past Questions | Syllabus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by BruncleZuma: 11:29am On Mar 17, 2018
Bnladan:
I did attend classes on Sundays. Many schools run d sun-thur structure. My own here is dat y re u ppl angry bout dis decision?
Mallan Ladan I am not angry and will never be. The decision to allow or disallow will not change the amount I give as sadaqa nor will it change nor wipe my knowledge. All is well that ends well.
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by pharmezee(m): 11:29am On Mar 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is arrant nonsense.
Absolute fvckery and ridiculous fanaticism.
MURIC should as well force airlines to postpone or cancel Friday flights so that passengers can attend Ju'maat.

Its a shame that WAEC succumbed to the subtle Islamization ploy.

How many WAEC candidates observe Ju'maat?
Why should a student in school even want to leave school to attend Ju'maat?
Let alone a student who has exams.

In saner climes, WAEC would be sued to court for altering timetables for a reason as flimsy as this.

With the way the country is tilting, very soon Fridays will be declared a work-free day and it will be considered an offence if the rule is flouted.

MURIC should get one fact clear;
Nigeria is a secular state and will always remain one!!!
Friday is a weekday and exams can hold on any day of the week (except Sunday which is globally considered the Sabbath day.)
i tot u had brain on ur head, i neva knew its beneath ur feet!! mouth like parrot
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Mujtahida: 11:30am On Mar 17, 2018
RisMas:

Lol, and those words u used in the colored sentence are islamic abi undecided
And tell me where those words are used in government circles

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Bnladan(m): 11:35am On Mar 17, 2018
Egalitarian1:
Good! Though a Christian but my Muslim brothers must be accommodated appriopriately in situations like this. Please fellow Nairalanders,let us call a spade a spade at all times
how I wish every person is lyk u. This country would hv moved forward. We need to tolerate other's religion and ways of life.
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:35am On Mar 17, 2018
Mujtahida:

Stop spreading misinformation. Section 10 of the 1999 Constitution declares Nigeria to be a secular state. If it's not secular I guess it's Islamic abi
Nigeria is a multi religious state and not a secular state.
A secular state doesn't support any religion
Nigeria give public holiday for the celebration of Christmas and salah.
If the constitution did that then its a mighty mistake.
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by RisMas(m): 11:36am On Mar 17, 2018
Mujtahida:

And tell me where those words are used in government circles
Why shouldnt we as a country use Secretary as obtainable in USA where we copied our democracy from? undecided

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Temptee101(m): 11:36am On Mar 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is arrant nonsense.
MURIC should as well force airlines to postpone or cancel Friday flights so that passengers can attend Ju'maat.

In saner climes, WAEC would be sued to court for altering timetables for a reason as flimsy as this.

With the way the country is tilting, very soon Fridays will be declared a work-free day and it will be considered an offence if the rule is flouted.

Friday is a weekday and exams can hold on any day of the week (except Sunday which is globally considered the Sabbath day.)
Congratulation. You just made sense for the first time this year.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Spongia1(m): 11:40am On Mar 17, 2018
samsard:
The adjustment is necessary, imagine if WAEC fixed an exam for Sunday morning.

Use your sense. Sunday is a weekend. It's not a weekday. Friday is a weekday. If you have interview on a Friday afternoon, don't go now. Go to Mosque. Useless fanatics

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Bnladan(m): 11:41am On Mar 17, 2018
chigoziem10:

Do you go to work on Sundays? Is this country an Islamic country?
oh yes! I go to work on Sundays. Do u know y? To let my Christian brothers and sisters go to church and observe dia services. Is did country an Islamic country? No it isn't, neither it is a Christian country. Its secular as we all know. My question here is, how does dis decision affects u as a non-muslim? For God's sake let's be tolerant.
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by dgrand: 11:43am On Mar 17, 2018
I am sure he will be fired if the exams is on sunday morning
Just because school is not religion to us doesn't mean we should be punished with such.
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Mujtahida: 11:44am On Mar 17, 2018
oyb:

one can make the same complaints about Christians
what happens outside the churches on lagos ibadan expressway every end of month?
what about the inconsiderate parking on sundays where roads are blocked to one lane only?
I'm not for either of the two religions. I detests all religions especially the Abrahamic trio of Islam, Christianity and Judaism but Christians are more tolerant and accommodating where they are the majority than Muslims. On this road blocking issue Muslims do it more than Christians and with Muslims especially in the North it's a potential crisis point.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by nobilie: 11:44am On Mar 17, 2018
Its not a big deal. Those that will pass will pass and the ones that will fail will fail.
It makes good sense to accommodate Muslims on Friday. What won't make sense is to wear full face cover to the exam.
If this will prevent them from causing trouble, blocking a state/federal road in the name of prayer.

People need to have a feeling of being part of the country.
What if friday and Saturday is weekend? Wont Christians still go to Church?
The Arabic abi na Aramaic writing on Nigerian Army flag has not been removed ooo.

The only problem I have is, this people will always ask for one thing or the other as they succeed in one. If Muslims will concentrate on reality, they'll be at forefront of discoveries and developments as in the old.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Blessed200016: 11:53am On Mar 17, 2018
gypsey:
but i am jews and i want the exams to be changed too to suit my religion, my uncle is a buddhist and oh! my cousin is a pagan, i think they would like the same thing too.

there are no connection with education and religion!
u can kindly gv out a verse fr any religion scriptures that emphasize their is no connection btw educatn & religion.

We're talking abt education (in all ramifications) here.

If u ain't educated how will u even knw hw to serve God sef
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by shegra58: 11:53am On Mar 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is arrant nonsense.

You don't have a good point there's frustration all over your write up,the only issue you have with the thread is all because this is in favour of Muslim....And about the issues of flight you mentioned traveling on Friday is optional even if you're Muslim if you think that by doing so your Jumat will be affected then you can easily avoid it unlike the WAEC issue which is not....Tiri gbosa for WAEC jare on this
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Mujtahida: 11:53am On Mar 17, 2018
RisMas:

Why shouldnt we as a country use Secretary as obtainable in USA where we copied our democracy from? undecided
Ministry has two Meanings. One relates to government, the other to church. Words should be understood in context. You do not understand that when I say I am going to the Ministry of Justice that means I am going to the church of Justice. Or is that how it reads in your mind?

Or would you reject the word commissioner'' in government just because the the word 'Commission' is used by most churches?

Take the word 'cult' for example. Today it means a secret group often engaged in nefarious activities. Yet it has another meaning especially within the Catholic Church where devotees of a particular Saint are regarded as his/her cult. For example the cult of Saint Theresa.
I'm just saying this to make you understand that words are delicate, slippery things which must be understood in context.

Now tell me why we have Arabic inscribed on the naira, the army insignia and the ABU logo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Bimpe29: 11:54am On Mar 17, 2018
That's simply fairness and justice.
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 17, 2018
Mujtahida:

I'm not for either of the two religions. I detests all religions especially the Abrahamic trio of Islam, Christianity and Judaism but Christians are more tolerant and accommodating where they are the majority. On this road blocking issue Muslims do it more than Christians and with Muslims especially in the North it's a potential crisis point.

yeah - i can see the tolerance and accommodation all over these pages tongue tongue
i can also see it in the disrespect , demise, demonisation and harassment of traditional religion and its adherents.
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 11:56am On Mar 17, 2018
Good leadership with listening hears, though pressured into accepting. But its all good.
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by zabuur: 12:01pm On Mar 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is arrant nonsense.

For using air flights as example here, u are dumb. Waec is a compulsory exam, flights have timings. Check it well, u can Schedule your flight time not to miss Jumah. And there's something called Qasr.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 17, 2018
Blessed200016:
u can kindly gv out a verse fr any religion scriptures that emphasize their is no connection btw educatn & religion.

We're talking abt education (in all ramifications) here.

If u ain't educated how will u even knw hw to serve God sef
So in your understanding Anyone who is not serving your imaginary so called God isn"t educated?

you call yourself educated? with this kinda mindset?
Most Highly Educated individuals on earth do not even serve or believe in a God. why would anyone with a sense serve something they can not see?
you are holding on to this God believes yet thinks you are educated? this is the problem!
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by mfm04622: 12:13pm On Mar 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is arrant nonsense.

For airlines, I can chose which one to patronize. For exams, I have no choice. I have to chose one of two things that are equally important.
Why is it hard for you to understand that Muslims have right to practice their religion and nothing must be put in their way of doing so?
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by drshamo(m): 12:15pm On Mar 17, 2018
chigoziem10:

No, but do you go to work on Sundays? If no, why?

Sunday became a work free day because Christian worship their God and that happened because of our colonial masters are xtains.... so Sunday isn't suppose to be a work free day but tge Christian made it to be....
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by kollydey(m): 12:19pm On Mar 17, 2018
whether u like it or not some people will still criticize this postponement
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by FinallyFamous: 12:20pm On Mar 17, 2018
Purewatermeji:
Islam will conquer Nigeria one day. We are dominating gradually and we dictate how to run Nigerians. We can't wait to have sharia nationwide smiley
i cant wait

saudi arabia still cut peoples neck in the day light for minor offences
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Abubakar247(m): 12:20pm On Mar 17, 2018
Nonsense.. What do you know about Islam and Muslim?
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by mfm04622: 12:24pm On Mar 17, 2018
Throwback:

He asked you a simple straightforward question if Nigeria is a Christian country?

Nigeria is a Christian country in all but name! The country is built on foundation laid by England which is (was?) a Christian country. Our laws, our financial services, our weekends, everything! It may interest you to note that before England changed it, Friday was a work free day! I mean Friday used to be work free in Nigeria. So when Muslims ask for things that will only affect them, why are Christian complaining? Muslims have never sought to subject Islamic laws and others on non Muslims, why are Christians insisting Muslims must follow theirs?
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by kollydey(m): 12:25pm On Mar 17, 2018
there should be proper consideration for anything before they embark on it. always bear in mind that any that will bring religion intolerant should be avoid. we are not in Muslim or christian country, where in a country where you are given freedom to practice your own religion
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Mujtahida: 12:27pm On Mar 17, 2018
oyb:

yeah - i can see the tolerance and accommodation all over these pages tongue tongue
i can also see it in the disrespect , demise, demonisation and harassment of traditional religion and its adherents.
Their reaction is justified because Muslims would most likely not grant such concessions if they are dominant. I know what I experienced in the University in the North.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by engrlarex(m): 12:29pm On Mar 17, 2018
The Crux of the matter is Fridays is globally considered as the Blessed day of the week or let me put it in our way, Friday is our Sabbath day too. In Arab countries people close down shops daily and voluntarily when it's time for the 5daily Obligatory prayers. No hate feelings bro..Live and Let Live.
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is arrant nonsense.

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by kollydey(m): 12:31pm On Mar 17, 2018
all is well with nigeria
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 17, 2018
Mujtahida:

Their reaction is justified because Muslims would most likely not grant such concessions if they are dominant. I know what I experienced in the University in the North.

yeah - the eastern Christian and the northern Muslim blocs are both beacons of religious intolerance
though it seems the southern Christians are desperate to play catch up in the intolerance games
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Yakubujr93(m): 12:35pm On Mar 17, 2018
BruncleZuma:
Because your schooling is on a Sunday ;DD grin
but
but do you know that we have university that are active on christmas day in north,shame to muslim

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Teacher Ripped Off Student's Trouser For Disobeying Schools Rules And Regulation / 11-Year-Old Naomi Oloyede Addressing UNODC International Conference In Vienna / What Issues Are You Facing With 2017 Jamb Registration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.