Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,842 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at (26594 Views)

Lagos Adjusts Closing, Resumption Dates For Public Primary Schools / WAEC Amends Exam Timetable To Accommodate Jummat Service / Download Full BECE “Junior WAEC 2022” Timetable .PDF | Past Questions | Syllabus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Wesely01(m): 12:35pm On Mar 17, 2018
[quote author=Lukgaf post=65900954]The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has bowed to pressure, and is ready to amend the part of its 2018 SSCE Examination that clashed with the Friday Jumah prayer.

The affected subject is Chemistry 1 and 2, which was originally slated for 2pm to 5pm on Friday, April 20, 2018.

Following reactions from Muslim organisations, the Director of Public Affairs, WAEC Nigeria, Mr Demianus Ojijeogu has confirmed the slight amendment to Premium Times.

Mr Ojijeogu said: “For the sake of the people who will go to the mosque, the exam will be delayed till they come back”.

According to him, “the paper will be delayed till 2:30 pm or 3 pm, when the Muslims will return from the mosque.”

Prof Ishaq Akintola, Prof Abdulrazaq Kilani, Dr Saheed Ashafa and Hajia (Barrister) Mutiat Toyosi Orolu spoke with Premium Times, which exclusively investigated and reported the story.

http://www.iwitness.com.ng/waec-bows-to-pressure-adjusts-timetable-to-enable-muslims-observe-jumaat/

Cc:

Sissie & Mukina2
[/quo

Nigeria is Doomed, when religion is placed with everything we do causing more harm than making things better. What a pity,you cry out for irrelevant things but not things to help better this country. Too bad.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by drshamo(m): 12:40pm On Mar 17, 2018
Patokeikem:
This Is What We Are Talking About. Mediocre Ruling Us. When The Cut Off Points Wil Be Less In The North And Higher In The South. Very Soon, Fridays Wil Be Declare Work Free Day. And We Will Accept Whatever That Is Placed On The Table.

Let me enlighten u abit... the first day of the week is Sunday and is not suppose to be work free day, I repeat, first day of the week is Sunday OK but our colonial master who happens to be xtain decided to use their power on us and choose Sunday as work free day in other to worship... so next time u want to open ur mouth and talk, think with ur brain b4 talking and put ur hatred aside for once in ur life...

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by JoeShiGma(m): 12:44pm On Mar 17, 2018
fortunes0215:

But sunday, which is a day christians attend church is a work free day. Don't you think muslims deserves friday as work free day too?
And of course churches should be built at every government establishment as you have mosque undecided My point here is let us clamour for things based on their merits and not make everything seem like some fiery competition.
P.S. I have nothing against the demand for the adjustment.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by kollydey(m): 12:44pm On Mar 17, 2018
Stop fighting yourself about religion, let there be peace in Nigeria, There are so many talented and God gifted talent and creativity in Nigeria today that they just they there, their talent is just wasted because they see nobody to support them whether financially or academically and some corrupt people are there looting all our our money, wasting our resource, sending their children to abroad to school and infiltrate children on our children by increasing school fees every year. you people did not have any topic on that instead of fighting for our future and yet on-born generation to come we are there fighting our-self because of religion. God is watching us oooooo

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by realabraham: 12:45pm On Mar 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is arrant nonsense.
Absolute fvckery and ridiculous fanaticism.
MURIC should as well force airlines to postpone or cancel Friday flights so that passengers can attend Ju'maat.

Its a shame that WAEC succumbed to the subtle Islamization ploy.

How many WAEC candidates observe Ju'maat?
Why should a student in school even want to leave school to attend Ju'maat?
Let alone a student who has exams.

In saner climes, WAEC would be sued to court for altering timetables for a reason as flimsy as this.

With the way the country is tilting, very soon Fridays will be declared a work-free day and it will be considered an offence if the rule is flouted.

MURIC should get one fact clear;
Nigeria is a secular state and will always remain one!!!
Friday is a weekday and exams can hold on any day of the week (except Sunday which is globally considered the Sabbath day.)

For once, you have spoken wisely. Well done!

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by realabraham: 12:50pm On Mar 17, 2018
RisMas:
Some hypocrate will come here to call muslims trouble maker angry where as, if waec fix any exam for sunday, it will look odd to them. Nigerian should learn how to tolerate one another, the country belongs to all of us

So now, you know the country belongs to all of us?
Friday is a work day. It has been that way long before you even smelt Earth. You people are gradually brewing a revolution. But you will not succeed. However, Waec is right to hold on the exam till after your prayers. That's where Christians are better. They are very tolerant.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by drshamo(m): 12:50pm On Mar 17, 2018
Mujtahida:

Just like you guys should learn to respect others too cos the way Muslims in Nigeria especially the North including Abuja take over the roads on Fridays is really annoying and insensitive in a country that includes a large number of non Muslims. I've seen a Facebook posts of Muslims praying in Saudi Arabia but in a very orderly way such that the road is free.

What advice do u have for churches esp RCCG on Lagos road that causes serious holdup every Sunday... ppl that travel on that road can testify to my claim.... Learn how to accommodate, I don't know why u guys hate Muslims and Islam so much....

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Fawie(m): 12:51pm On Mar 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is arrant nonsense.
MURIC should as well force airlines to postpone or cancel Friday flights so that passengers can attend Ju'maat.

In saner climes, WAEC would be sued to court for altering timetables for a reason as flimsy as this.

With the way the country is tilting, very soon Fridays will be declared a work-free day and it will be considered an offence if the rule is flouted.

Friday is a weekday and exams can hold on any day of the week (except Sunday which is globally considered the Sabbath day.)

can you here yourself? Sabath day? does this sound secular to you?

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by realabraham: 12:52pm On Mar 17, 2018
Purewatermeji:
Islam will conquer Nigeria one day. We are dominating gradually and we dictate how to run Nigerians. We can't wait to have sharia nationwide smiley

Don't let the small noise you've been making lately fool you. It can NEVER happen!

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Emtol01: 1:05pm On Mar 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is arrant nonsense.

It baffles me the way you portray this as Islamization. You people just hate Islam for been a dominant religion. U can deal with it or leave the country.
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by maclatunji: 1:05pm On Mar 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is arrant nonsense.

Common sense left your post.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by maclatunji: 1:07pm On Mar 17, 2018
realabraham:

So now, you know the country belongs to all of us?
Friday is a work day. It has been that way long before you even smelt Earth. You people are gradually brewing a revolution. But you will not succeed. However, Waec is right to hold on the exam till after your prayers. That's where Christians are better. They are very tolerant.

No need to display ignorance because you think you have backing.
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by guardsman: 1:19pm On Mar 17, 2018
Lukgaf:
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has bowed to pressure, and is ready to amend the part of its 2018 SSCE Examination that clashed with the Friday Jumah prayer.

The affected subject is Chemistry 1 and 2, which was originally slated for 2pm to 5pm on Friday, April 20, 2018.

Following reactions from Muslim organisations, the Director of Public Affairs, WAEC Nigeria, Mr Demianus Ojijeogu has confirmed the slight amendment to Premium Times.

Mr Ojijeogu said: “For the sake of the people who will go to the mosque, the exam will be delayed till they come back”.

According to him, “the paper will be delayed till 2:30 pm or 3 pm, when the Muslims will return from the mosque.”

Prof Ishaq Akintola, Prof Abdulrazaq Kilani, Dr Saheed Ashafa and Hajia (Barrister) Mutiat Toyosi Orolu spoke with Premium Times, which exclusively investigated and reported the story.

http://www.iwitness.com.ng/waec-bows-to-pressure-adjusts-timetable-to-enable-muslims-observe-jumaat/

Cc:

Sissie & Mukina2

This Ishaq Akintola is a fanatic, always stoking d embers of religious discord & forever playing victim. I remember his role in the d infamous clamor for sharia, albeit political sharia under OBJ. Infact he is d southern version of Shekau.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Thaheer(m): 1:22pm On Mar 17, 2018
Anybody with full sense should know that even on fridays,work and school ends by 1pm for every organization and institutions..So where is the confusion coming from??..

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by realabraham: 1:22pm On Mar 17, 2018
maclatunji:

No need to display ignorance because you think you have backing.

No! You just did!

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Mujtahida: 1:24pm On Mar 17, 2018
drshamo:

What advice do u have for churches esp RCCG on Lagos road that causes serious holdup every Sunday... ppl that travel on that road can testify to my claim.... Learn how to accommodate, I don't know why u guys hate Muslims and Islam so much....
RCCG too should respect the needs of others to use the roads. I do not hate Muslims even though I detest religions. I grew up with Muslims in a military Base and till date enjoy good relationship with them.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by agarawu23(m): 1:37pm On Mar 17, 2018
What religion will do us in this country eh...

The last I checked, other countries careless about religion and their country is doing fine. We carry all the religion for head and we still remain useless as a nation angry
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by samsard(m): 1:43pm On Mar 17, 2018
BruncleZuma:
Do you attend schooling on a Sunday...you know we don't use the same calendar as KSA and the other Islamic countries right?
My point is that we should accommodate the Muslims. What if Muslims decided that they also want Friday to be work - free?

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by samsard(m): 1:45pm On Mar 17, 2018
Spongia1:

Use your sense. Sunday is a weekend. It's not a weekday. Friday is a weekday. If you have interview on a Friday afternoon, don't go now. Go to Mosque. Useless fanatics
It's a weekend based on judeo-christhian calendar, simply put, coz Christians go to church on that day, every holiday is an artificial creation of man to serve some need

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by centurionpapa(m): 1:54pm On Mar 17, 2018
Mrchippychappy:
And so it begins. Ladies enjoy the fresh air going through your hair, enjoy it while you can because anytime now you would be forced to wrap a rag around your head. We are getting there. #itsjustamatteroftime.

First adjust the educational structure- there is a reason why they are vehemently attacking the educational structure, first it was the female law student and her insistence on wearing a rag over her head, now its the waec examination l calendar

The next phase would be an attack on dress code and lifestyle, it would be disguised as a "moral ethics" rule, girls would be forced to wear a rag over their head and interaction between male and female would be monitored.

Third phase would be targeted towards religion.

They have already succeeded in the Political and Financial stage.
Go away with your senseless yabbing

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by BruncleZuma: 2:05pm On Mar 17, 2018
samsard:
My point is that we should accommodate the Muslims. What if Muslims decided that they also want Friday to be work - free?
It is well...more paid weekends for me. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by sirqeeboi(m): 2:11pm On Mar 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is arrant nonsense.

If they change Sunday or Saturday to weekday what will you do or do u think it can be change , is there a law of nature that say mon to Fri should be weekdays and sat nd sun should be weekends. get the fact that is can change anytime if the person that has the power is there.let every one do what they want and should be given the right..will all have our rights

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by UmarS25: 2:22pm On Mar 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is arrant nonsense.

Dont be a religious bigot. I dont even think u r sincere n true christain, i guess u r a pegan.
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Tellemall: 2:25pm On Mar 17, 2018
Mujtahida:

Ministry has two Meanings. One relates to government, the other to church. Words should be understood in context. You do not understand that when I say I am going to the Ministry of Justice that means I am going to the church of Justice. Or is that how it reads in your mind?

Take the word 'cult' for example. Today it means a secret group often engaged in nefarious activities. Yet it has another meaning especially within the Catholic Church where devotees of a particular Saint are regarded as his/her cult. For example the cult of Saint Theresa.
I'm just saying this to make you understand that words are delicate, slippery things which must be understood in context.

Now tell me why we have Arabic inscribed on the naira, the army insignia and the ABU logo

Why bother explaining to somebody who knows but wants to pretend they don't​?

The Gregorian calendar is suddenly an issue. If Nigeria had the misfortune to be colonized by Mohammedans, then they would adopt their Friday weekend. The question remains if in Islamic countries Christians are given time off work and exams on Sundays the way they are in Nigeria? If every religion wants to declare it's rights and worship days against prevailing national conditions in any country the way Mohammedans do, the place will be in disarray. The Hindus, Sikhs need their "rights" too. Until Sunday is no longer a weekend in the West(secular), Friday cannot be taken as a day off lest it becomes Mohammedan. It would be stupid of them to imagine it.

One wonders if in their Mohammedan countries they don't use the same government words as used in the rest of the world. Minister is a Christian word. Such a thing.

No wonder the Hindus hate them. The Buddhists hate them. Everybody hates them because of their refusal to integrate. They always have rights to impose on everybody else.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 17, 2018
Why are you typing in English? Rewrite this shit in your language, i garauntee people will read and understand you. Why don't we let sleeping dogs lie? Why can't you make a credible argument with no need to drag religious connotations into it?
How many times have you left class for jumat services. WAEC services goes beyond Nigeria, is it the same in those countries? I am sure you wont describe muhammed in the same light as you described the catholic pope. Change is not always good! If you have a chance to pick your exam dates and times, good but in the case of WAEC, it is a set schedule which needs to stay the way it is.

RisMas:

Is Nigeria a christian country? Why do we need to have holidays on sunday, why are we using the invention of a catholic pope called Calendar to conduct our own affairs? Why do we use christian parlance to name Heads of Govt Agencies Minister and departments as ministries? Why do we use church titles in our education sector? Rector, Vice Chancellor, Dean, Provost are all borrowed from christianity.

Just because of common Anjamin arabic on Naira, they screamed islamization, Just because Nigerian Army used Arabic in their logo, they screamed islamization. Are Nigerian Muslims not as equal as Nigerian Christians? Are we second class citizens?

We should learn to understand one another in order to live in peace. Enough of all these victimization of Muslims on Nairaland angry angry angry
(

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Rashduct4luv(m): 2:30pm On Mar 17, 2018
Viicfuntop:

Actually they are last set you described, even the Arab ones.
The thing here is that Muslims should learn how to approach issues calmly. No offence but communication is violent with them. If they suppress this side, I feel a lot of issues wotud be solved. Thus Muric is beginning to sound like a noise maker. He looks for issues where there shouldn’t.

No one is perfect. But i still think if Christians have been given Saturdays and Sundays free as it involves their days of worship, It's not too much to ask for two hours on Friday for Friday prayers! And how calm do you expect us to be? Do u see us throwing bombs here? i think we need to redefine the meaning of tolerance again.
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 17, 2018
You can make the case to public n private establishments to allow you work on weekends too. Two hours for prayer is too much to ask for except you will be willing to cover the two hours after your prayer... Besides, a schedule is a schedule, deal with it!

Rashduct4luv:

No one is perfect. But i still think if Christians have been given Saturdays and Sundays free as it involves their days of worship, It's not too much to ask for two hours on Friday for Friday prayers! And how calm do you expect us to be? Do u see us throwing bombs here? i think we need to redefine the meaning of tolerance again.
Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 17, 2018
Don't mind them...people cant even think clearly but rely on thoughts based on sentiments.

Tellemall:

The Gregorian calendar is suddenly an issue. If Nigeria had the misfortune to be colonized by Mohammedans, then they would adopt their Friday weekend. The question remains if in Islamic countries Christians are given time off work and exams on Sundays the way they are in Nigeria? If every religion wants to declare it's rights and worship days against prevailing national conditions in any country the way Mohammedans do, the place will be in disarray. The Hindus, Sikhs need their "rights" too. Until Sunday is no longer a weekend in the West(secular), Friday cannot be taken as a day off lest it becomes Mohammedan. It would be stupid of them to imagine it.

One wonders if in their Mohammedan countries they don't use the same government words as used in the rest of the world. Minister is a Christian word. Such a thing.

No wonder the Hindus hate them. The Buddhists hate them. Everybody hates them because of their refusal to integrate. They always have rights to impose on everybody else.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Mujtahida: 2:37pm On Mar 17, 2018
Tellemall:

Do you know that Japan has zero tolerance for Muslims? In the whole of Tokyo there's just one mosque.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by Viicfuntop(f): 2:40pm On Mar 17, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Yes they want it, but they don’t have to threaten to disrupt the exams. That’s not fair

1 Like

Re: WAEC Adjusts Timetable To Enable Muslims Observe Juma’at by RisMas(m): 2:41pm On Mar 17, 2018
introvertedsoul:

Thanks for the heads up. . . We are waiting.
I like playing on the intelligence of cows and having them spill the beans.

Yes Ooo, That is why you will forever remain the grasses we feed cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

11-Year-Old Naomi Oloyede Addressing UNODC International Conference In Vienna / Teacher Ripped Off Student's Trouser For Disobeying Schools Rules And Regulation / What Issues Are You Facing With 2017 Jamb Registration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.