Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,740 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Ask Seun - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Ask Seun (14288 Views)

Always Specify On The Type Of Vehicle History Report You Want To Run.Always Ask / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... / Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Seun by b2212(m): 12:46pm On Mar 20, 2018
how much is a new rack?
oluwaseunla:

I prefer a new rack for your vehicle sir.
Re: Ask Seun by mrbigseun(m): 12:50pm On Mar 20, 2018
Hi all well i need advice from the experts in the house am on the verge of getting a car . and am thinking of getting a nigerian used car due to the budget. i have always been a fan of the brand toyota and i think i will always be for now . but am stuck in between two models and these are the corrola 2010-2012 and toyota rav 4 2008-2010. i travel alot as i work in ilorin and my family is based in lagos and i need the brand that is rugged and easy to maintainand economical out of these two plzz i need candid advice as the offers are getting for these two cars is very close (i.e Nigerian used )
Re: Ask Seun by koolcat: 12:58pm On Mar 20, 2018
mrbigseun:
Hi all well i need advice from the experts in the house am on the verge of getting a car . and am thinking of getting a nigerian used car due to the budget. i have always been a fan of the brand toyota and i think i will always be for now . but am stuck in between two models and these are the corrola 2010-2012 and toyota rav 4 2008-2010. i travel alot as i work in ilorin and my family is based in lagos and i need the brand that is rugged and easy to maintainand economical out of these two plzz i need candid advice as the offers are getting for these two cars is very close (i.e Nigerian used )
since u travel alot, I'll suggest u go for Toyota Camry popularly called "orobo" in Nigeria, its fuel consumption is low and very easy to maintain. Thank me later boss.!

1 Like

Re: Ask Seun by thebigkendo(m): 3:13pm On Mar 20, 2018
thebigkendo:
Oluwaseunla
My car(06 accord) went off on me.. With a clicking sound from within the ECM area and instrument cluster light blinking along with the clicking sound.. Scanned & got P0685 ECM/PCM power relay control circuit/ open...Car went into limp mode.. Managed it home like that, the scenerio happen four times before I got home,

How do I access the ECM/PCM relay?
Cc GAZZUZZ luvinhubby timifakay

NB- I Disconnected the main fuse and place back.. Car has been driving fine, I still want to check/test the ECM/PCM relay

Issue is back
Re: Ask Seun by mrbigseun(m): 3:14pm On Mar 20, 2018
thanks boss but i want a car not to old cos i am buying a nigerian used to reduce the risk of many previous users , corolla 010- 012 and rav 4 08-010 thanks for your advice God bless
koolcat:
since u travel alot, I'll suggest u go for Toyota Camry popularly called "orobo" in Nigeria, its fuel consumption is low and very easy to maintain. Thank me later boss.!

1 Like

Re: Ask Seun by neyoskye(m): 3:22pm On Mar 20, 2018
Hi Seun, i have a EOD 2003 V6. lately i have noticed that the rate of fuel consumption has increased. i have serviced the injector and neither is the exhaust licking bt still no improvement. what do u advice?
Re: Ask Seun by koolcat: 3:42pm On Mar 20, 2018
mrbigseun:
thanks boss but i want a car not to old cos i am buying a nigerian used to reduce the risk of many previous users , corolla 010- 012 and rav 4 08-010 thanks for your advice God bless
unless that. Buh to be frank with u, that car is really economical
Re: Ask Seun by mrbigseun(m): 3:45pm On Mar 20, 2018
orobo is still big daddy right ? camry 2003- 2006 rite ?
Re: Ask Seun by oluwaseunla(m): 4:43pm On Mar 20, 2018
b2212:
how much is a new rack?

Budget around 103k for a good after market, and around 185k for an OEM. Both brand new.
Re: Ask Seun by oluwaseunla(m): 4:44pm On Mar 20, 2018
neyoskye:
Hi Seun, i have a EOD 2003 V6. lately i have noticed that the rate of fuel consumption has increased. i have serviced the injector and neither is the exhaust licking bt still no improvement. what do u advice?

Run a scan if check engine light is on.
Re: Ask Seun by oluwaseunla(m): 4:46pm On Mar 20, 2018
mrbigseun:

Lagos to Ilorin route will involve the Oyo-Ogbomosho road. The Rav4 may serve you better on that route due to better ground clearance.
Re: Ask Seun by oluwaseunla(m): 4:50pm On Mar 20, 2018
thebigkendo:

Issue is back

The code is back too?
Re: Ask Seun by thebigkendo(m): 5:25pm On Mar 20, 2018
oluwaseunla:

The code is back too?

Yap.. Same code
Re: Ask Seun by oluwaseunla(m): 5:52am On Mar 21, 2018
thebigkendo:

Yap.. Same code

Have you checked all fuses?

While at it, inspect ground to battery and the ECM itself.

Pray you don't need a new ECM.
Re: Ask Seun by eyeview: 6:00am On Mar 21, 2018
Car wont accelerate when being throttled. After some seconds of being throttled, it will just speed up. Car was parked for a long time though. What could be wrong
Re: Ask Seun by oluwaseunla(m): 6:03am On Mar 21, 2018
eyeview:
Car wont accelerate when being throttled. After some seconds of being throttled, it will just speed up. Car was parked for a long time though. What could be wrong

Which vehicle is this? What year model? Is there a check engine light?
Re: Ask Seun by eyeview: 6:06am On Mar 21, 2018
oluwaseunla:

Which vehicle is this? What year model? Is there a check engine light?
Yes. The check engine light is on. Nissan frontier 2003
Re: Ask Seun by oluwaseunla(m): 6:12am On Mar 21, 2018
eyeview:

Yes. The check engine light is on. Nissan frontier 2003

Run a scan first. It's easier that way. Is your throttle pedal stiff?
Re: Ask Seun by Waju83(m): 11:53am On Mar 21, 2018
Mr seun please I need advice on a car to get ... I am stuck between picking a Toyota matrix or a golf 4. Putting low cost maintenance in play . Please which of this car can someone buy as a first car and it's economical . Thanks for you reply.

I hope I can ask other questions after you answer this .
Re: Ask Seun by oluwaseunla(m): 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2018
Waju83:
Mr seun please I need advice on a car to get ... I am stuck between picking a Toyota matrix or a golf 4. Putting low cost maintenance in play . Please which of this car can someone buy as a first car and it's economical . Thanks for you reply.

I hope I can ask other questions after you answer this .

A Toyota matrix may be better than the golf 4 in our environment.

1 Like

Re: Ask Seun by femmygold: 12:11pm On Mar 21, 2018
pls. my corolla gear doesn't engage reverse anymore but drives well. should I repair or buy another gear?
Re: Ask Seun by Waju83(m): 12:12pm On Mar 21, 2018
oluwaseunla:

A Toyota matrix may be better than the golf 4 in our environment.

"May be" can you please be specific as I am torn between which to get .... which ever one you choose to be better can you also just give a few reasons why?

For both what can be the highest amount spent on the worst that can happen if they were to have a breakdown.

Thanks for your reply
Re: Ask Seun by thebigkendo(m): 1:08pm On Mar 21, 2018
oluwaseunla:

Have you checked all fuses?

While at it, inspect ground to battery and the ECM itself.

Pray you don't need a new ECM.

All fuses checked.. All okay, ground to battery seems okay. ECM has not been checked
Re: Ask Seun by oluwaseunla(m): 2:13pm On Mar 21, 2018
Waju83:

"May be" can you please be specific as I am torn between which to get .... which ever one you choose to be better can you also just give a few reasons why?

For both what can be the highest amount spent on the worst that can happen if they were to have a breakdown.

Thanks for your reply

Most mechanics can fix most things a matrix. The systems are simpler than that of the golf 4. The golf 4 on the other hand will require someone whose skill set is a little above basic. The system is a little more complicated than the matrix.

1 Like

Re: Ask Seun by Waju83(m): 3:14pm On Mar 21, 2018
oluwaseunla:

Most mechanics can fix most things a matrix. The systems are simpler than that of the golf 4. The golf 4 on the other hand will require someone whose skill set is a little above basic. The system is a little more complicated than the matrix.

Thank you very much for the insight .... you might be the one to help with it whenever it's due for any maintenance.

Hope the matrix is more fuel efficient and economical too than the golf . ?
Re: Ask Seun by oluwaseunla(m): 3:42pm On Mar 21, 2018
Waju83:

Thank you very much for the insight .... you might be the one to help with it whenever it's due for any maintenance.

Hope the matrix is more fuel efficient and economical too than the golf . ?

Fuel economy will be dependent on a lot of factors. If you are buying Nigerian used, try not to buy a bad car. Bad maintenance is not a respecter of brand.

1 Like

Re: Ask Seun by Waju83(m): 4:38pm On Mar 21, 2018
oluwaseunla:

Fuel economy will be dependent on a lot of factors. If you are buying Nigerian used, try not to buy a bad car. Bad maintenance is not a respecter of brand.

I try not to buy a bad one , more reason I am grateful for this thread so I can seek advice . Please for the matrix which year would you advice one to get between 2003 to 2007 . Thanks for the help
Re: Ask Seun by oluwaseunla(m): 5:05pm On Mar 21, 2018
Waju83:

I try not to buy a bad one , more reason I am grateful for this thread so I can seek advice . Please for the matrix which year would you advice one to get between 2003 to 2007 . Thanks for the help

I prefer people getting more recent models, so I'll pick the 07.

1 Like

Re: Ask Seun by adaksbullet: 5:26pm On Mar 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
Thread is dedicated to solving car issues Remotely.

oluwaseunla is an experienced automobile technician and will gladly answer your car related issues.

Let the posts begin. wink
bro, u fit advice me bout Nissan murano? cheesy
Re: Ask Seun by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:38pm On Mar 21, 2018
adaksbullet:
bro, u fit advice me bout Nissan murano? cheesy

I resemble oluwaseunla? grin
Re: Ask Seun by adaksbullet: 5:43pm On Mar 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I resemble oluwaseunla? grin
smh undecided
Re: Ask Seun by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:44pm On Mar 21, 2018
adaksbullet:
smh undecided

shake other body parts wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day / Clean Nigerian Used Toyota 4runner Suv(jeep) For Sale / Pls Help Choose: Toyota RAV4 Or Honda CRV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.