Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Ask Seun - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Ask Seun (14285 Views)

Always Specify On The Type Of Vehicle History Report You Want To Run.Always Ask / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... / Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Seun by careybecky(m): 5:52pm On Mar 21, 2018
Pls, I have a 2002 ML55 amg but Car wont accelerate when being throttled. It has been scanned yet the problem hasn't showed up. Pls help
Re: Ask Seun by eyeview: 7:08pm On Mar 21, 2018
oluwaseunla:

Run a scan first. It's easier that way. Is your throttle pedal stiff?
Sometimes
What could it mean
Re: Ask Seun by oluwaseunla(m): 7:49pm On Mar 21, 2018
eyeview:

Sometimes
What could it mean

Throttle body assembly may have a build up of carbon, making the butterfly stiff. Throttle body assembly may need thorough cleaning or replacement if there is damage.
Re: Ask Seun by oluwaseunla(m): 7:52pm On Mar 21, 2018
careybecky:
Pls, I have a 2002 ML55 amg but Car wont accelerate when being throttled. It has been scanned yet the problem hasn't showed up. Pls help

If there is no code on running a scan, you'll have to take to a technician for further diagnosis.
Re: Ask Seun by eyeview: 9:37pm On Mar 21, 2018
oluwaseunla:

Throttle body assembly may have a build up of carbon, making the butterfly stiff. Throttle body assembly may need thorough cleaning or replacement if there is damage.
So getting it cleaned or changed can also put an end to the non response to the firing of the throttle?
Re: Ask Seun by oluwaseunla(m): 9:46pm On Mar 21, 2018
eyeview:

So getting it cleaned or changed can also put an end to the non response to the firing of the throttle?

That is if it is the problem. Scan first if you have a check light.
Re: Ask Seun by obi58: 8:38am On Mar 25, 2018
Hello.

Just thinking is it possible to change the steering on an LX EOD to that on an EX? Apart from the steering and the 6 loader CD is there any other difference with the full options EOD? I'm getting a good offer for a used LX EOD on the cheap hence the question. it worth trying or should I just save my energy and go for the fulloptions jeje which I really want.
Re: Ask Seun by Bizzyliss(m): 10:17am On Mar 25, 2018
Pla which gear oil do i use for my camry 03 xle and what kind of engine oil do i use
Re: Ask Seun by oluwaseunla(m): 10:27am On Mar 25, 2018
Bizzyliss:
Pla which gear oil do i use for my camry 03 xle and what kind of engine oil do i use

Transmission oil is Toyota Type -IV, usually written on your transmission dipstick. Recommended engine oil should be written on your oil cap, usually 5w-30.
Re: Ask Seun by oluwaseunla(m): 10:28am On Mar 25, 2018
obi58:
Hello.

Just thinking is it possible to change the steering on an LX EOD to that on an EX? Apart from the steering and the 6 loader CD is there any other difference with the full options EOD? I'm getting a good offer for a used LX EOD on the cheap hence the question. it worth trying or should I just save my energy and go for the fulloptions jeje which I really want.

There are a few other differences. You can always upgrade to any trim you want with aftermarket kits.

1 Like

Re: Ask Seun by obi58: 11:06am On Mar 25, 2018
oluwaseunla:

There are a few other differences. You can always upgrade to any trim you want with aftermarket kits.

Thanks bro. Like how much will it cost to change the steering for the full options steering with all the controls?

What other differences are there between the LX EOD and the EX?
Re: Ask Seun by thebigkendo(m): 5:15pm On Mar 25, 2018
obi58:

Thanks bro. Like how much will it cost to change the steering for the full options steering with all the controls?

What other differences are there between the LX EOD and the EX?

Aside the fact that 6 loader & steering control. EX also has automatic a/c, dual climate control, forced entry alarm, moon roof, heated seat(EX with leather), power adjustable seat, lumber support. That's all I can Remember for now.
If you are going the EX model please go for the EX-L(leather), it's has more options than EX grin
Re: Ask Seun by obi58: 8:40pm On Mar 25, 2018
thebigkendo:

Aside the fact that 6 loader & steering control. EX also has automatic a/c, dual climate control, forced entry alarm, moon roof, heated seat(EX with leather), power adjustable seat, lumber support. That's all I can Remember for now.
If you are going the EX model please go for the EX-L(leather), it's has more options than EX grin

Wow this is an eye opener. I'm grateful for the information.
Re: Ask Seun by oluwaseunla(m): 8:40pm On Mar 25, 2018
thebigkendo:

Bless you sir.
Re: Ask Seun by thebigkendo(m): 8:55pm On Mar 25, 2018
obi58:

Wow this is an eye opener. I'm grateful for the information.

You welcome Bro..
Re: Ask Seun by diportivo: 10:25pm On Mar 25, 2018
thebigkendo:

are there EX versions without leather??

I agree the EX-L is a more loaded trim

but the EX is leather too
Re: Ask Seun by thebigkendo(m): 7:56am On Mar 26, 2018
diportivo:

are there EX versions without leather??

I agree the EX-L is a more loaded trim

but the EX is leather too

Yes sir..on the 4 cylinder option, EX has no leather, but EX-L has leather, I am very sure about that

1 Like

Re: Ask Seun by diportivo: 9:01am On Mar 26, 2018
thebigkendo:

Yes sir..on the 4 cylinder option, EX has no leather, but EX-L has leather, I am very sure about that

thanks for the clarity bro
Re: Ask Seun by Bizzyliss(m): 11:33am On Mar 26, 2018
oluwaseunla:

Transmission oil is Toyota Type -IV, usually written on your transmission dipstick. Recommended engine oil should be written on your oil cap, usually 5w-30.
thanks and where can in get it
Re: Ask Seun by oluwaseunla(m): 12:55pm On Mar 26, 2018
Bizzyliss:
thanks and where can in get it

Location?
Re: Ask Seun by Bizzyliss(m): 1:40pm On Mar 26, 2018
oluwaseunla:

Location?
lagos
Re: Ask Seun by oluwaseunla(m): 3:09pm On Mar 26, 2018
Bizzyliss:
lagos

Re: Ask Seun by eyeview: 5:36am On Apr 01, 2018
oluwaseunla:

I had cause to travel with d car,a mechanic drove though. At most part of the trip, it wont accelerate even when being fired. Instead of speeding, it would be jerking when fired. He said it is the airflow metre.
The throttle is often stiff especially at the first time for the day.
Re: Ask Seun by oluwaseunla(m): 6:07am On Apr 01, 2018
eyeview:

I had cause to travel with d car,a mechanic drove though. At most part of the trip, it wont accelerate even when being fired. Instead of speeding, it would be jerking when fired. He said it is the airflow metre.
The throttle is often stiff especially at the first time for the day.

Please stop guessing, run a scan.
Re: Ask Seun by xcaper(m): 8:28am On Apr 01, 2018
Dear All, my Toyota Camry 2011 model does not cool much when in traffic compared to when in motion, what could be the issue?
Re: Ask Seun by oluwaseunla(m): 10:25am On Apr 01, 2018
xcaper:
Dear All, my Toyota Camry 2011 model does not cool much when in traffic compared to when in motion, what could be the issue?

Diagnosis required. It could be different things, e.g a failing compressor, or a blockage in the system.
Re: Ask Seun by xcaper(m): 12:32pm On Apr 01, 2018
I was even thinking it is the fan, from my own observation I only see one fan working at intervals when I start the car, though the vehicle has never done over heating so not really sure if the two fans work or not.
oluwaseunla:

Diagnosis required. It could be different things, e.g a failing compressor, or a blockage in the system.
Re: Ask Seun by deborsky(m): 12:44pm On Apr 01, 2018
kk
Re: Ask Seun by oluwaseunla(m): 1:55pm On Apr 01, 2018
xcaper:
I was even thinking it is the fan, from my own observation I only see one fan working at intervals when I start the car, though the vehicle has never done over heating so not really sure if the two fans work or not.

The two fans should come on if AC is switched on. Fix the fan issue.
Re: Ask Seun by femmygold: 2:27pm On Apr 01, 2018
pls. my corolla 06 gear doesn't engage reverse anymore but drives well. Is it repairable or I buy another gear?
Re: Ask Seun by oluwaseunla(m): 4:40pm On Apr 01, 2018
femmygold:
pls. my corolla 06 gear doesn't engage reverse anymore but drives well. Is it repairable or I buy another gear?

It depends on what is wrong sir. A diagnosis should be run before that decision is made.
Re: Ask Seun by jaybim: 10:37am On Apr 08, 2018
Hello Seun, kudos for the good job here.
I have issues with my AC... Blowing hot air.
Vehicle was withdrawn from the driver (Uber, careless and a story teller) sometime last month. He had issues with the AC and he said he fixed it at ikeja (after driving on Uber and taxify with defective AC and getting suspended). I believe he refilled the gas.
Barely a week later the AC was blowing hot again. Took it to a guy at gbagada who said there was a leak (no leak test done) and that the condenser was bad and needs changing. As a stop-gap he refilled gas and oil with assurances that it'll take me for the next 3 months when I'll be ready for the major fix... AC was chilling after this.
Fast forward a little over 2 weeks after we're back to square one. Abeg wetin make we do. Car is a Corolla 06 bought tokunbo around this time last year.

Thanks in anticipation.

Cc. Gazzuzz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day / Clean Nigerian Used Toyota 4runner Suv(jeep) For Sale / Pls Help Choose: Toyota RAV4 Or Honda CRV

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.