Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Share A Day You Can Never Forget - Nairaland / General (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share A Day You Can Never Forget (60630 Views)

Share A Quote That Always Motivates You. / What Is That Bad Incident You'll Never Forget? / What Are The Best Moments You Can Never Forget in the year 2018? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Nobody: 12:16am On Mar 18, 2018
gaby:

Yup i'm Edo but your comment was going kinda stereotypical seeing in my group alone we had Igbo,Yoruba,Edo etc.

Yep made it to Spain and beyond.

Great story.. i hope you are not in this country called Nigeria now or else....
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by gaby(m): 12:17am On Mar 18, 2018
Taku555:
with this wonderful write up, many would have been convinced that you have attended your plight in education if not reviewed to be a drop out. I must confess you are a good writer and I really enjoyed reading your story. I wish you could go ahead and finish your story. I have learnt a lot from your story.

I want to tell you that self confidence is something abstract and in built, do not allow it to WA you down.

Thanks brother..I'll let it all out so i can begin my healing process.
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by gaby(m): 12:18am On Mar 18, 2018
AnyDevice:

Great story.. i hope you are not in this country called Nigeria now or else....

lol...i dey Naija my brother..i don do Ajala come back home.

1 Like

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Taku555(m): 12:20am On Mar 18, 2018
gaby:

Just remembered how in the course of the journey one of the girls had gotten knocked up by someone she can't place and how she had gone into labour and everybody scampered in different directions except me. I helped Christy bring into the world a cute little baby boy and christened him Tyson right there in the desert.The boxer Mike Tyson was at his peak then.
How i managed with the delivery? Even me sef tire for the inspiration and inexplainable direction on what to do.

I can remember kneeling in front of Christy while she was gritting in pains and urging her on to keep pushing.When the baby popped out and unto my hand i was confused on what to do because the baby was still attached to the placenta inside her mom through the umbilical chord.

Confused on what next step to take,i resorted to pulling on the umbilical chord until the placenta came out. At this time i had shown Christy her new bundle of Joy and though still in pains,she had the presence of mind to direct me on what and what to do , such as un tying a thread from her head and tying between the chord and the placenta before separating the baby from the placenta. For the cutting i had to improvise with the lid of a sardine can.

There's more on this particular event too.
Only God knows where Christy and Tyson are today and if they ever talk or think about me...lol Got no contact with them.

joseid,nairalane,skyken001,nazarene,dexcira
what a touching story! You're really a kind man. I believe that was why God kept you alive up til today.
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by chuksp09(m): 12:22am On Mar 18, 2018
gaby:

Humbled by your comments bro. I'll do a special thread of my experiences even if for nothings else but to teach people about the ups and downs of life.

The beauty in my story is that it's a first hand and a personal experience so the narrative naturally flows like a hot knife through butter. No forcing it.

Thanks once againg for your kind words

I find it hard to believe you did not complete high school, "flows like a knife through butter", come on man even u should be proud of your writing skills. Sadly, I find myself in a situation a lil similar to yours. First kid with all the attendant pressures (setting good example and the lot); my parents are cool though so i am taking the time to improve myself.
However your story encouraged me, it really did. I would greatly appreciate it if you mentioned me when u do complete the narrative. Please do... I'm rooting for you.

2 Likes

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Angel1696: 12:24am On Mar 18, 2018
Mind was on 13/09/2013 my ex girl friend birthday we had an accident while going home, later in the night around 11 pm when we were searching for her phone so I remember that her phone might have fell off on the spot where we had an accident so I went out that night in search of her phone under a heavy rainfall what my eyes saw that night while coming back around 12:30 am was a raw witch standing in front of us( me and bike man) there was unexplainable fear,tension fell on us and we were one minute away from been destroyed by the witch in a junction along ikot osurua in ikot ekpene LGA but God save me twice so that day 13/09/2013 that was on Friday will ever remain fresh in my memory like it happened yesterday

1 Like

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by gaby(m): 12:27am On Mar 18, 2018
Taku555:
what a touching story! You're really a kind man. I believe that was why God kept you alive up til today.

Thanks and God bless you man.
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Chapelbeatz(m): 12:27am On Mar 18, 2018
I wish i have something to say.i had something to say but now i dont.so speechless
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Notmyproblem: 12:35am On Mar 18, 2018
gaby:

Thanks and God bless you man.
It will nice is you can write a book, I am sure there are people on NL that can provide guidance if need be.

1 Like

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by gaby(m): 12:36am On Mar 18, 2018
chuksp09:

I find it hard to believe you did not complete high school, "flows like a knife through butter", come on man even u should be proud of your writing skills. Sadly, I find myself in a situation a lil similar to yours. First kid with all the attendant pressures (setting good example and the lot); my parents are cool though so i am taking the time to improve myself.
However your story encouraged me, it really did. I would greatly appreciate it if you mentioned me when u do complete the narrative. Please do... I'm rooting for you.
Bless you bro..you are appreciated.
I tend to lean more towards the 'self-tutored' cliche. I read a lot.
Growing up my dad was an engineer who'd travel out of state for work most of the time and whenever he gets back he'll need to write a report on his trip to the MD.
As part of the efforts to drill me into a responsible first son,my dad will ask me to come write the report while he dictates.
The first of such reports i wrote was in 1988 and i was just a J.S.S 1 student of Ugborikoko secondary School,Warri while we lived at 25 Metsarun Street Okumagba layout.
Looking back now i see how it actually helped me in improving on my writing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by XaintJoel20: 12:39am On Mar 18, 2018
gaby:

Yup i'm Edo but your comment was going kinda stereotypical seeing in my group alone we had Igbo,Yoruba,Edo etc.

Yep made it to Spain and beyond.

I am sorry if you see my comment from that angle. I didn't mean to. I am an Edo person myself and should know one from afar.

I know how we ball.

1 Like

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by gaby(m): 12:40am On Mar 18, 2018
Notmyproblem:

It will nice is you can write a book, I am sure there are people on NL that can provide guidance if need be.
Not a bad idea and i sure will need guidance lol

1 Like

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by gaby(m): 12:41am On Mar 18, 2018
XaintJoel20:

I am sorry if you see my comment from that angle I didn't mean to. I am an Edo person myself and should know one from afar.

I know how we ball.

lol no wahala obhi epa koyo...
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by dexcira(f): 12:42am On Mar 18, 2018
gaby:

My poor parents out of ignorance didn't know what they did to me.I hadn't a proper childhood because i was supposed to act the big brother.
Can you just picture a 7 year old kid with a tray of 'akamu' balanced on his head going to sell for mummy before setting out for school and after school i'll take on palm oil in bottles on my head hawking from street to street.
The beauty of it all is i did my family proud and literally lived for them.They say it till date.But my siblings turned out to not know what responsibilities means.

Can't hold back the tears abeg.
Awww I know how u feel flashing back. Am sorry dear for the challenging memories. Can u sleep now? kiss kiss
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by XaintJoel20: 12:45am On Mar 18, 2018
gaby:

lol no wahala obhi epa koyo...
Domor Sir.
Obowie..

1 Like

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by gaby(m): 12:46am On Mar 18, 2018
dexcira:

Awww I know how u feel flashing back. Am sorry dear for the challenging memories. Can u sleep now? kiss kiss
Thanks sis...Will sleep some now...hugs all

1 Like

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Bsideboi(m): 12:48am On Mar 18, 2018
gaby:

Just remembered how in the course of the journey one of the girls had gotten knocked up by someone she can't place and how she had gone into labour and everybody scampered in different directions except me. I helped Christy bring into the world a cute little baby boy and christened him Tyson right there in the desert.The boxer Mike Tyson was at his peak then.
How i managed with the delivery? Even me sef tire for the inspiration and inexplainable direction on what to do.

I can remember kneeling in front of Christy while she was gritting in pains and urging her on to keep pushing.When the baby popped out and unto my hand i was confused on what to do because the baby was still attached to the placenta inside her mom through the umbilical chord.

Confused on what next step to take,i resorted to pulling on the umbilical chord until the placenta came out. At this time i had shown Christy her new bundle of Joy and though still in pains,she had the presence of mind to direct me on what and what to do , such as un tying a thread from her head and tying between the chord and the placenta before separating the baby from the placenta. For the cutting i had to improvise with the lid of a sardine can.

There's more on this particular event too.
Only God knows where Christy and Tyson are today and if they ever talk or think about me...lol Got no contact with them.

joseid,nairalane,skyken001,nazarene,dexcira
Wow.. Bro.Your book will be a best seller aswear in the light of these campaign against irregular migration thing going on...and you write well too.Make it happen!!!

3 Likes

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Taku555(m): 12:49am On Mar 18, 2018
gaby:

My poor parents out of ignorance didn't know what they did to me.I hadn't a proper childhood because i was supposed to act the big brother.
Can you just picture a 7 year old kid with a tray of 'akamu' balanced on his head going to sell for mummy before setting out for school and after school i'll take on palm oil in bottles on my head hawking from street to street.
The beauty of it all is i did my family proud and literally lived for them.They say it till date.But my siblings turned out to not know what responsibilities means.

Can't hold back the tears abeg.
Elmyaaaa! Bro! Your story has taught me more than a million lessons. It's really touching
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by gaby(m): 12:54am On Mar 18, 2018
Bsideboi:
Wow.. Bro.Your book will be a best seller aswear in the light of these campaign against irregular migration thing going on...and you write well too.Make it happen!!!

Thanks man

1 Like

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by chuksp09(m): 12:54am On Mar 18, 2018
gaby:

Bless you bro..you are appreciated.
I tend to lean more towards the 'self-tutored' cliche. I read a lot.
Growing up my dad was an engineer who'd travel out of state for work most of the time and whenever he gets back he'll need to write a report on his trip to the MD.
As part of the efforts to drill me into a responsible first son,my dad will ask me to come write the report while he dictates.
The first of such reports i wrote was in 1988 and i was just a J.S.S 1 student of Ugborikoko secondary School,Warri while we lived at 25 Metsarun Street Okumagba layout.
Looking back now i see how it actually helped me in improving on my writing.
After reading your reply, i can say u re a natural at writing, yes i read a lot too and i can confirm it helps a lot. With all the dreary topics posted on this once great forum, one rarely see anything inspiring but thanks to the Op who created this thread as it led me to your story, i hope to read more of it.
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Bsideboi(m): 12:55am On Mar 18, 2018
Queenserah26:
I love this thread kiss enough gist cool
Share yours already.
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by gaby(m): 12:56am On Mar 18, 2018
Taku555:
Elmyaaaa! Bro! Your story has taught me more than a million lessons. It's really touching
Glad you did but there are more to learn as i proceed.
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by gaby(m): 12:57am On Mar 18, 2018
chuksp09:

After reading your reply, i can say u re a natural at writing, yes i read a lot too and i can confirm it helps a lot. With all the dreary topics posted on this once great forum, one rarely see anything inspiring but thanks to the Op who created this thread as it led me to your story, i hope to read more of it.
Appreciate you mate
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by ohem007(m): 1:00am On Mar 18, 2018
sunemi:
I just feel like sharing this for the first time. It was my 12th birthday and I was in our apartment. My neighbors children (girls) of about 10 and 8 respectively came in. Immediately they went to our bathroom to shower. The door was opened, their dad checked them in their flat and didn't see them, so he just barged into my flat. They were just stepping out of the bathroom (naked) and on seeing them, he started accusing me of raping them. I am an introvert and very naive about sex then. Immediately he alerted the other neighbors and everyone on the street. The police came in an hour and they beat me like a thief, I cried and cried. I was abused heavily as a kid. I was handcuffed and taken to the station with no one to believe me. I thank God for the intervention of my parents and some other people around, I was vindicated. He ruined my birthday party that was supposed to take place that night. It was the worst birthday gift anyone could get. The stigma almost made me commit suicide. It happened in Ogun State. Till today it still hurts. I can't ever forgive him even after 13years.

no vex o....

Buh why would you allow them take their bath in your house

3 Likes

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by dexcira(f): 1:13am On Mar 18, 2018
gaby:

Thanks sis...Will sleep some now...hugs all
smiley. Goodnight
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Taku555(m): 1:13am On Mar 18, 2018
gaby:

Glad you did but there are more to learn as i proceed.
don't forget to mention me in the storey.i want to follow to the end. Thanks..
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Omoluabi16(m): 1:26am On Mar 18, 2018
A certain date in august.The day I lost my beloved father.I went numb, and I couldn't weep. I got scarred that day, and the pain is still so fresh.
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Bishops10(m): 1:36am On Mar 18, 2018
joyberry:
On 12th December 2009, when I walked into the palour ,from a short nap in the room, only to find my elder sister dead body on the chair.For a while, i thought she was sleeping, but the posture of her body made me suspicious. I tried waking her up to no avail,i stayed with her dead body till Mumsy came back,cos i didnt know what else to do. I was just 14 then and it left a psychological scar on me.The first time I saw a dead body of one close to me.
Sorry to ask.... What killed her?
How old was she?

Please, sorry for being too inquisitive
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by bottlecap: 2:24am On Mar 18, 2018
Taku555:
I hope is not my Blessing?
maybe, maybe not

1 Like

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by blueeyes1: 3:50am On Mar 18, 2018
gaby:

Wow...i actually feel lighter sharing some part of my story and thanks to you guys for urging me to let it out..my family members don't even know most of all these i just give tit bits and lock up but i just realized my memory recall thrives better in writing and i can also easily sequentialize the events as they happened.
Please , open a thread, you never know, your story might save someone and please tag me when you do, thanks
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by blueeyes1: 4:16am On Mar 18, 2018
gaby:

Thanks guys.talking about and reliving it is making me cry here.You know that feeling of an experience only you went through and can't paint a vivid picture of it to people around and you just wished they knew what you been through.
I wish I could give you a hug right now.
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Elxandre(m): 4:59am On Mar 18, 2018
IamZod:
August 2016, Osun state. The night I smoked one joint and almost ran mad.

Meh, I experienced hell that day. My head was spinning, heart rate tripled...
Funny enough, back in my hood, I do smoke joint normally and never felt myself going gaga.

Why this particular joint took me to an all time high, I just couldn't figure.
I can't forget the cold showers, brisk walking, press-ups etc. All just to stay active so I don't loose my consciousness.

Thank God for mercies.
What would have happened if you fell unconscious?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Baby Snake Found Inside A Chair At A Relaxation Center / Rat Strays Into NDLEA Exhibition Room, Gets High Then Gyrates / Ghanaian Female Soldiers Pose With A Python In The Jungle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.