Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Travel To The North For The First Time. Advise - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel To The North For The First Time. Advise (3799 Views)

Nimet Predicts Unstable Weather Conditions In The North, South / A Nairalander First Time On Plane And First Time In Delta / Seaplane Lands In Bayelsa For The First Time In 21 Years (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travel To The North For The First Time. Advise by spiralwedge(m): 1:57pm On May 21, 2018
Please has anyone travelled from Lagos to the north by rail? Please share your experience. Im gradually settling for this option.
Re: Travel To The North For The First Time. Advise by spiralwedge(m): 5:37pm On Mar 27, 2019
At last, I'm traveling to Kano from Lagos via train next week.

Then from Kano - Kaduna - Abuja - Minna - Ilorin - Lagos by vehicles . Will take train again from Kaduna to Abuja.

Going from first weekend of April till Easter. Will stay at least 2 nights in each city.

If you willing to join in, indicate by replying this post and quoting me. We will eventually talk on WhatsApp.

You can decide to join me in the train from Lagos to Kano only. And then go back to Lagos.

Or meet up in Kano, Kaduna, Abuja, Minna or Ilorin if you are there to your or hangout.

Male and female.
Everyone will be responsible for their expenses, 100%.
It's only accommodation we can share, but not a must.
Re: Travel To The North For The First Time. Advise by jojothegreat(m): 4:11pm On Apr 01, 2019
Feel free to ask me anything about Kano state.
Re: Travel To The North For The First Time. Advise by spiralwedge(m): 8:42pm On Apr 07, 2019
jojothegreat:
Feel free to ask me anything about Kano state.

I'm just seeing this.

I'm presently grooving in Sabon Gari, Enugu street exactly. Will proceed to Aba Road afterwards.

With the help of research online and Google Maps especially, I'd been to Kofar Mata, Emirs palace, old Kano Wall, dyeing pits, Abacha stadium (Kano Pillars played today), Kurmi market, Rimi market etc

Tomorrow I hope to see Gidan Makama Museum near the Emirs Palace and Tiga lake/Rock castle.

Then I head onto Kaduna. Did I miss anything out for Kano?
Re: Travel To The North For The First Time. Advise by spiralwedge(m): 8:44pm On Apr 07, 2019
I wish I can get tips on Kaduna city. Is Sabon Tasha safe? Anyone there?
Re: Travel To The North For The First Time. Advise by jojothegreat(m): 11:09pm On Apr 07, 2019
spiralwedge:

I'm just seeing this.

I'm presently grieving in Sabon Gari, Enugu street exactly. Will proceed to Aba Road afterwards.

With the help of research online and Google Maps especially, I'd been to Kofar Mata, Emirs palace, old Kano Wall, dyeing pits, Abacha stadium (Kano Pillars played today), Kurmi market, Rimi market etc

Tomorrow I hope to see Gidan Makama Museum near the Emirs Palace and Tiga lake/Rock castle.

Then I head onto Kaduna. Did I miss anything out for Kano?

If you have time, here are some..
Check out
Tiga dam
Kano golf resort
Film house cinema
Obasanjo flyover
Dala hill (you will love it here)
National gallery of art
And lastly Ado bayero mall...

Don’t forget to take pictures of Kano too and maybe create a thread later..

Kanan wa dabo...
Re: Travel To The North For The First Time. Advise by TheKongoEmpire(m): 12:04am On Apr 08, 2019
HajimeSaito:

Nobody ever goes to the north for pleasure so I'm guessing this is a business trip. If it is within your power don't go. But if it is unavoidable, here are some tips.

Stay away from crowds as much as possible. Crowds are usually the first sign of Islamic mob violence. Almajiris also operate in as pickpockets in crowds.

Try to make the acquaintance of Southern non-Muslims who have spent some time in the particular neighborhood you plan on staying in.

Don't allow yourself to end up in a situation where you will be financially dependent on any of the natives.

Don't stay in a hotel or guesthouse where most of the staff don't speak English.

Finally, don't stay long and try to avoid ever going back.

Damn. Is it that serious? shocked
Re: Travel To The North For The First Time. Advise by Welcomme: 9:52am On Apr 08, 2019
Re: Travel To The North For The First Time. Advise by spiralwedge(m): 7:04pm On Apr 09, 2019
Welcomme:
Feel free to ask me anything about Zaria..

I only bypassed Zaria. I was disappointed at what I saw. The city is overrated.
Re: Travel To The North For The First Time. Advise by spiralwedge(m): 7:08pm On Apr 09, 2019
solutionmi:
for first hand information on people culture and land topography go by railway and come by bus. try to visit Niger Kaduna and kano state

I took to your advice. Thanks.
Re: Travel To The North For The First Time. Advise by Welcomme: 7:14pm On Apr 09, 2019
spiralwedge:

I only bypassed Zaria. I was disappointed at what I saw. The city is overrated.
You didn't enter inside the town. I guess it was through Kano express way u follow... Till you enter the town before u can pass ur judgement.

1 Like

Re: Travel To The North For The First Time. Advise by spiralwedge(m): 8:53am On Apr 10, 2019
Welcomme:
You didn't enter inside the town. I guess it was through Kano express way u follow... Till you enter the town before u can pass ur judgement.

Yes.

Really? I'd branched there if I'd been told this earlier.
Re: Travel To The North For The First Time. Advise by spiralwedge(m): 8:56am On Apr 10, 2019
jojothegreat:

If you have time, here are some..
Check out
Tiga dam
Kano golf resort
Film house cinema
Obasanjo flyover
Dala hill (you will love it here)
National gallery of art
And lastly Ado bayero mall...

Don’t forget to take pictures of Kano too and maybe create a thread later..

Kanan wa dabo...

Thanks. I will note this down for another time. My mission now is to just see the cities and visit a few places and make few friends in those cities. Next time I may just visit only one city and spend a weekend or a week.

1 Like

Re: Travel To The North For The First Time. Advise by TheKongoEmpire(m): 10:32pm On Apr 10, 2019
Where can one get lodging in Kano or the North and how much per night?
Re: Travel To The North For The First Time. Advise by Idaytesj29(m): 8:53am On Apr 20, 2022
aumeehn:
Op if you Really want to have a Northern Experience forget about Abuja Nasarawa and Minna! Go to Bauchi and Visit Yankari Game reserve! Besides thats where you will know the real North. Next stop Enter Jos You will feel at home due the Large Christian population then Go to Kaduna a Very Liberal state that almost all the Muslim guys and girls take booz and go to strip clubs lol unlike Bauchi, Then Enter Kano the Capital of Arewa You will Yet again have another unforgettable experience visit the Zoo Cinemas and watch Kannywood Movies but get a translator! Even a Keke driver can help you, North is peaceful apart from Jos and other states that religious crisis usually occurs! Dont make the mistake of going into the Muslim territory if u are a Christian anything can happen and vise versa! My Advice op Go to Bauchi Kano Kaduna Abuja Maybe Jos! I live in the North East and its very far from The North west talk less of the South but if you can visit my state you will drink fresh cow milk daily i promise u that! Besides here is more liberal than the North West, Even the North Westerners can attest to that we flex 24/7 here no crisis no Boko haram!

Which state is yours?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Living In US, Shares Her Success Story / See What Africans In Black Minority Countries Go Through (Photo)!!! / Urgent: I Need Directions From Egbeda To Ojo Cantonment,lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.