Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

The Movie "300" - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Movie "300" (9519 Views)

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / Tyler Perry's "Temptations": The Movie That Shows What Hollywood Tries To Hide. / The Movie Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Movie "300" by delvinmaya(m): 2:04am On Mar 10, 2007
The movie "300" is almost the sequel to "Troy" but will it be a big hit as "Troy"? It was released today.

Based on Frank Miller's graphic novel, "300" concerns the 480 B.C. Battle of Thermopylae, where the King of Sparta led his army against the advancing Persians; the battle is said to have inspired all of Greece to band together against the Persians, and helped usher in the world's first democracy.
In the Battle of Thermopylae of 480 BC an alliance of Greek city-states fought the invading Persian army in the mountain pass of Thermopylae. Vastly outnumbered, the Greeks held back the enemy in one of the most famous last stands of history. Persian King Xerxes lead a Army of well over 100,000 (Persian king Xerxes before war has about 170,000 army) men to Greece and was confronted by 300 Spartans, 700 Thespians and other Slave soldiers. Xerxes waited for 10 days for King Leonidas to surrender or withdraw left with no options he moved. The battle lasted for about 3 days and after which all 300 Spartans were killed. The Spartan defeat was not the one expected as a local shepherd named Ephialtes defected to the Persians and informed Xerxes of a separate path through Thermopylae, which the Persians could use to outflank the Greeks. 

In 480 BC, the Persian king Xerxes sends his massive army to conquer Greece. The Greek city of Sparta houses its finest warriors, and 300 of these soldiers are chosen to meet the Persians at Thermopylae, engaging the soldiers in a narrow canyon where they cannot take full advantage of their numbers. The battle is a suicide mission, meant to buy time for the rest of the Greek forces to prepare for the invasion. However, that doesn't stop the Spartans from throwing their hearts into the fray, determined to take as many Persians as possible with them.

Whats your opinion? Comments please
you can watch the preview here
http://imdb.com/title/tt0416449/trailers

Re: The Movie "300" by jgirl3: 2:07am On Mar 10, 2007
I just saw it today! The movie effects were great. It's a must-see movie but if you can't tolerate blood, then you should reconsider. It wasn't too old but just the right combination.
Re: The Movie "300" by delvinmaya(m): 2:09am On Mar 10, 2007
you mean you watched it in the cinema house? tell me how was it generally?
Re: The Movie "300" by jgirl3: 2:15am On Mar 10, 2007
Yeah - i really liked it. You could feel the movie. Everyone was just captivated by it. I think it's the best action movie made so far this year.
Re: The Movie "300" by delvinmaya(m): 2:22am On Mar 10, 2007
thats more like it, but whats your opinion about troy? i mean it was a hit wasnt it so is 300 going to be a bigger hit?
Re: The Movie "300" by jgirl3: 2:25am On Mar 10, 2007
I don't think Troy commands the attention that 300 does. That movie is just a phenomenal movie to me. I think it would be bigger than Troy - hopefully. It deserves it.
Re: The Movie "300" by delvinmaya(m): 2:27am On Mar 10, 2007
i just hope it gets down to naija quickly cos am dying to watch it, and hope it gets here in one piece
Re: The Movie "300" by jgirl3: 2:28am On Mar 10, 2007
lol - i hope it does.
Re: The Movie "300" by delvinmaya(m): 2:33am On Mar 10, 2007
thanks
Re: The Movie "300" by iice(f): 8:30pm On Mar 10, 2007
Oh gawd angry I didnt get a chance to catch the advance premier but my bro did, he said its one of best movies ever! Gonna go see it later though. Of course the fact that Gerard is in it, makes it all worth while tongue Joking, but it's just right up my all moreover, read the comic, have yet to read the making thou! According to ma bro, its like a combo of Troy and Gladiator with more blood spill than Kill Bill. Just my type of movie grin I'l write ma review later tongue
Re: The Movie "300" by ikamefa(f): 8:31pm On Mar 10, 2007
this movie is on ma list  cheesy  if i cant see it amm@ do the deeweedee! thingy!  grin
Re: The Movie "300" by iice(f): 8:36pm On Mar 10, 2007
LOL twinny, lay of that ish till i get there! grin Abeg nothing except earthquake is gonna stop me from seeing this movie later tongue

BTW how you dey?
Re: The Movie "300" by ikamefa(f): 9:13pm On Mar 10, 2007
iice:

LOL twinny, lay of that ish till i get there! grin Abeg nothing except earthquake is going to stop me from seeing this movie later tongue

BTW how you dey?

LMAO! grin twinny i dey oh! i don miss you tire kiss how far? cheesy
Re: The Movie "300" by themaster2: 12:52am On Mar 11, 2007
Hey guys, y'all wanna see my short movies?!!!
download them right here:

http://www.budgetfilmmaker.com/video/the_trip_movie.wmv
http://www.budgetfilmmaker.com/video/SIMPLE_PLAN.wmv

sure y'all should be impressed. and do let me have your assessments.

Gbenga Salu
Re: The Movie "300" by iice(f): 6:54am On Mar 11, 2007
Question? Don't you have something i could watch on the net? I don't like downloading stuffs onto my pc. So i can't comment at this point sha.
Re: The Movie "300" by bluenubian(f): 6:44pm On Mar 12, 2007
who said troy was a hit?, that shitty movie angry,

jus saw 300 friday, that movie rocked, a lotta fighting, lotta blood, yet it rocked, i loved it. no other movie has had this much blood, smart, very entertaining. i left the movies yelling "SPARTANS"

sure to be a very big hit, my fav movie this year so far!
Re: The Movie "300" by spade: 7:50pm On Mar 12, 2007
Troy Is a Movie full of shit!! angry
300 Is too Violent but good
Re: The Movie "300" by ikamefa(f): 8:28pm On Mar 12, 2007
nahhhhhhhhhhhh troy is goooooooooooooood!
my wonderful  macdreamy hubby was in there Brad Pitt  kiss kiss
that guy makes me want to!  lipsrsealed  grin grin grin grin
Re: The Movie "300" by bluenubian(f): 8:29pm On Mar 12, 2007
yeah brad pitt kiss was in there, there comes a time when an actor makes a stupid career move, like Angelina in Alexander, lol rubbish
Re: The Movie "300" by iice(f): 6:21am On Mar 13, 2007
Oh gawd, 300 is the bomb! Leonidas, me loveth you grin grin Soooo wondrously violent! tongue One of the best movie's ever, although Xerxes is falling into the gay scheme, still loved the voice grin
Re: The Movie "300" by odada(m): 9:53pm On Mar 18, 2007
Just like the topic says have y'all herad about the movie topping all the charts in the US?300!with no major artist and shot for only 60 days in Greece but took em over a year and a half to edit?the director is famous for his directing the movie "SIN CITY" coolwhat u know about this?cos the movie has roken all the major first in hitory scooping in a whooping 67million dollars in its first week of release wow!
Re: The Movie "300" by iice(f): 7:10am On Mar 20, 2007
@odada lol, no major artist . Dude it's Gerard Butler kiss kiss Aka King Leonidas. It was shot by the director of Dawn of the Dead (Zack Snyder) not Sin City's director (Robert Rodriguez) grin

Oh am happy its making waves but it has yet to make the kind of money that other Blockbusters have made
Re: The Movie "300" by bluenubian(f): 7:33am On Mar 20, 2007
so far its the number one movie beating wild hogs, thats a huge accomplishment
Re: The Movie "300" by drlawng(m): 6:25pm On Mar 20, 2007
@topic

300 is off the chain. Love the graphic enhancements, story line and all.
Re: The Movie "300" by Busta(f): 2:37am On Mar 21, 2007
I love the movie 300, saw it twice and really loved it, off the chain and love the whole effect . . thumbs up!

the guy that played leonadas was really good, loved his sense of humor and he died SEXY!

I would have loved to see brad Pitt and Colin Farrel as one his soldiers.

and that hunchback of notredame Quasimodo is soooo wicked.
Re: The Movie "300" by mrmetoo(m): 4:57am On Mar 21, 2007
odada:

Just like the topic says have y'all herad about the movie topping all the charts in the US?300!with no major artist and shot for only 60 days in Greece but took em over a year and a half to edit?the director is famous for his directing the movie "SIN CITY" coolwhat u know about this?because the movie has roken all the major first in hitory scooping in a whooping 67million dollars in its first week of release wow!

iice:

@odada lol, no major artist . Dude it's Gerard Butler kiss kiss Aka King Leonidas. It was shot by the director of Dawn of the Dead (Zack Snyder) not Sin City's director (Robert Rodriguez) grin

Oh am happy its making waves but it has yet to make the kind of money that other Blockbusters have made

I think odada meant the creator/writer Frank Miller. He's comic book guy he did SIN CITY and now 300
Re: The Movie "300" by iice(f): 6:55am On Mar 21, 2007
odada:

Just like the topic says have y'all herad about the movie topping all the charts in the US?300!with no major artist and shot for only 60 days in Greece but took em over a year and a half to edit?the director is famous for his directing the movie "SIN CITY" coolwhat u know about this?because the movie has roken all the major first in hitory scooping in a whooping 67million dollars in its first week of release wow!

mr me too:

I think odada meant the creator/writer Frank Miller. He's comic book guy he did SIN CITY and now 300

I meant to add, maybe he was talking about Frank Miller, but nope, he said Director. Nwayz the movie is still going strong.

@Busta, i feel ya, he lived and died sexily grin

Only Spartan women give birth to real men Yay cheesy
Re: The Movie "300" by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 21, 2007
now that everyone says its good, now to go get the movie FREE!
Re: The Movie "300" by Kadeejah(f): 1:32am On Mar 22, 2007
okay i still havent seen it sad hhmm i think i mite jus go see it rite now cheesy another excuse for me ta go 2 metrotown yes!! grin
Re: The Movie "300" by Tmoni(m): 12:01pm On Mar 24, 2007
saw it ysterday and i think it was over -hyped,

good war strategy initially, and all dieing is crazy without a dead king or persia,

looks like a huge joke
Re: The Movie "300" by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 24, 2007
saw the first 20 mins, doesnt look as good as it was hyped up to be. Thank God i did not waste my $9, anyone wants a copy?
Re: The Movie "300" by ikamefa(f): 4:41am On Mar 25, 2007
davidylan:

saw the first 20 mins, doesnt look as good as it was hyped up to be. Thank God i did not waste my $9, anyone wants a copy?

sure send it cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? / Full Movie: 12 Strong 2018 Mp4 Download / New Comedy Series By 3 Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.