Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,924 members, 7,835,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

The Movie "300" - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Movie "300" (9563 Views)

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / Tyler Perry's "Temptations": The Movie That Shows What Hollywood Tries To Hide. / The Movie Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Movie "300" by babaibadan(m): 5:00pm On Apr 03, 2007
@blunubian
we have IMAX inside our armoured tanks. As we blow the mfs up we enjoy too grin
Re: The Movie "300" by candylips(m): 11:46am On Apr 04, 2007
the film was just average . It is in my top 10 movies this year but not in my top 5
Re: The Movie "300" by iice(f): 3:10pm On Apr 04, 2007
Candylips, you still dey alive grin grin Welcome back
Re: The Movie "300" by moondust(m): 4:56pm On Apr 04, 2007
dat movie was simply SMOKING!!!
Re: The Movie "300" by Gamine(f): 2:50pm On Apr 05, 2007
wow, this movie has been wacked by critics
by i still think its incredibly hot!!!
i was alert thru out, heart pumping and every!
felt bad when it ended,
felt worse when everyone started filing outta the showroom.
i wanted to hide smwhere to watch the next one tongue

Tight movie oooh!!!! grin
Re: The Movie "300" by bluenubian(f): 5:52pm On Apr 05, 2007
candylips:

the film was just average . It is in my top 10 movies this year but not in my top 5

wow "300" in your top 10 movies this year? what movies are in your top 5 then if 300 is not, stomp the yard and ghost rider?
Re: The Movie "300" by Gamine(f): 6:02pm On Apr 05, 2007
oh i didnt see this thread before

wont have created anotha,

But this movie is reli Hot
not for the faint-hearted!!
Re: The Movie "300" by echowords(m): 12:14am On Apr 10, 2007
This is like the coolest movie. check it out on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNqiSkd1M6k

you dont want to miss this.
Re: The Movie "300" by echowords(m): 12:43am On Apr 10, 2007
hey gamine check out this 300 trailer on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNqiSkd1M6k
Re: The Movie "300" by Maneater1(f): 8:43am On Apr 10, 2007
The best movie i've seen since Apocalypto.

i want me a spartan hunk, they were hot!!!!

Its definately going into my favourite all- time movies category.
it was amazing. grin grin grin
Re: The Movie "300" by lawyerchap(m): 8:53am On Apr 10, 2007
Did you know the entire movie was shot on blue and green screens? For the uninitiated that means it was basically shot on a stage with blue or green backgrounds. All the locations, the scenery, the mountains the giant rhino and the mammoths were all added during post production. Brilliant Movie. While watching it at silverbird galleria,we had three standing ovations for the different action sequences. It will be bigger than Troy, guaranteed.
Re: The Movie "300" by romeo(m): 9:12am On Apr 10, 2007
bigger than troy what a huge joke here!!! troy is now in the list of classics and all this hype about 300 will soon die, even though it's going to be nice one (i am already getting my free copy)
Re: The Movie "300" by myro(m): 10:05am On Apr 10, 2007
I think 300 was waaaayyyy better than Troy. The cinematography for one was more engaging and the story was simple and effective. No need to worry about remembering who is who that did what to who when and how. Very simple, 300 guys fighting a million and kicking major ass. Best Epic I have seen in a long while.

And for those that hated the end, think about it. How else could it have ended?? They making it would have sucked and made utterly unbeliveable.
Re: The Movie "300" by PeeDaVinci: 10:31am On Apr 10, 2007
Graphics & Animation - 101 %
Storyline - 39%
The movie graphics overshadowed every other thing about the film, such that every other thing becomes uninteresting
Re: The Movie "300" by richylaw(m): 10:57am On Apr 10, 2007
The movie is really making the waves and okay. I watched it at the cimema and really love it.most especially the bloody encounters.
For a strong graphics and efx minded soul like me, you will enjoy your money
Story line is okay as per epic / pressumed story as told.
Re: The Movie "300" by iice(f): 11:00am On Apr 10, 2007
gawd, troy is child's play compared to 300.  Only good thing that came out of troy was Brad's body cheesy.  

Spartans! Hheh!  grin
Re: The Movie "300" by texazzpete(m): 11:23am On Apr 10, 2007
. . .and the sad thing is 90% of the posters here had never heard of Sparta before, 89% will walk away believing that it really was 300 men against 1 million (wildly exaggerated number). and why rhinos and elephants?!

here's something closer to the real story
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae
Re: The Movie "300" by hannydarl(f): 11:47am On Apr 10, 2007
300 has a good storyline but i wonder if it was a true story or a myth i mean with all those srange looking creatures thats the only problem i have with that movie are they telling what reallly happened or are they telling stories they just tell kids in those days? B4 i forget its too bloody. blood enough to fill 1 buckt comes out from every cut made wether big or small wound and no blood is seen on the ground if all that blood poured out from plenty people how come the ground is soo clean and dry?1 thing i love in the movie is that spartans were not afraid to allow women think and talk in the society. the queen was given freehand to talk in the midst of men the men were not afraid or ashamed to show that they loved their women.I think the true spartan man was a real man in every sense.wont mind marrying one of em lol.
Re: The Movie "300" by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 10, 2007
I was able to download the movie grin (yeah I got ma methods), even now its still showing @ cinema houses.
The movie was tight, and I enjoyed every moment of it. The blue screen effects were also impressive.
Frank miller really has talent!
Re: The Movie "300" by budx(m): 4:22pm On Apr 10, 2007
300 ranks waaaayyy up there on the list of the most pointless movies ever made. u finish with it and u're like "okay sooo whats the past two hrs been about?" it just isnt enough that the aim was to show how the whole of greece was inspired to rise against the invading persian army. bla bla bal. like a freind pointed out, if the movie had started from where it actually ended , maybe it would have been more fun.
however, if u are the type who enjoys gory, visually captivating, chilling and thrilling fight sequences then ud sure enjoy it for that alone. otherwise, its a POINTLESS movie!
Re: The Movie "300" by MP007(m): 4:24pm On Apr 10, 2007
awesome movie . like the movie yall
Re: The Movie "300" by Vieira(m): 5:15pm On Apr 10, 2007
Frank Miller WAS a director on Sin City.

Rodriguez was the main director but Frank and Quentin Tarantino (Guest Director) had direction credits.

I don't think Miller had any direction credit on 300 though.

Frank Miller is a great comic book writer and his best book is "Dark Knight Returns" The best batman ever.

300 was basically a macho film.

Great fight scenes, lots of blood but ultimately all bravado and no substance.

I still enjoyed it though despite the very wimpish ending.
Re: The Movie "300" by nigerbobo(m): 5:50pm On Apr 10, 2007
Awesome movie. the best I've seen this year. for storyline, Troy is better, but for action and effects, 300 is way better.
Re: The Movie "300" by somegirl(f): 7:48pm On Apr 10, 2007
Nice effects, yes, but way too much blood! Also, politically not very correct (ask Iranians, the descendants of the Persians, what they think of the movie!). Together with "King Kong" (the new version) and "The Producers" (Hitler in Spring Time), it goes to my selection of movies I regret having watched!

PS: My mother said the original comic was better! grin
Re: The Movie "300" by kator(m): 7:58pm On Apr 10, 2007
well, well, well, what can't you say about 300?!! that film remains the BOMB! If crouching tiger hidden dragon could win a best stunts award, for nothing really!! This film is king! Good Lord, Nigeria has a horridly long way to go! thank God for that Allwell Kid and so many others we dont know! This country has a future!
Have you Guys seen Appocalypto!! Ahh!! Had to get a copy of both 300 and Appocalypto! Nothing Like having your own copy. Pls Guys NEVER EVER EVER watch that film if its not DVD!!! Yeah have you guys seen Ninja Turtles!!! God! That would be my best film if I was 12 years old. I got to see it after watching 300. If you love Matrix and them slow motion films with PS 4 graphics, 300 is the film to OWN! kiss
Re: The Movie "300" by zPixel(m): 8:47pm On Apr 10, 2007
this is my best part of the picture. i love the photography

Re: The Movie "300" by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:51am On Apr 11, 2007
Why were the persians black??
Re: The Movie "300" by hannydarl(f): 11:30am On Apr 11, 2007
Because black is associated with trouble and evil gbam.
Re: The Movie "300" by sparkandy(m): 12:39pm On Apr 11, 2007
Hi Guyz,

if you thing you have seen it all then try "The Myth" by Jackie Chan its not a popular movie but the effects are Wow!!!
smiley
Re: The Movie "300" by delvinmaya(m): 2:25pm On Apr 11, 2007
Jackie Chan was about 55 years when he acted in that movie so the stunts were very unbelievable especially the part where Jackie killed more than 100 soldiers with their corpses piled together and he was standing at the top and still fighting. Guy am waiting for that link so i can get to watch free movies and thanks people for your comments. Still waiting for more.
Spartans for life
Re: The Movie "300" by 9ja4eva: 8:36pm On Apr 11, 2007
Interesting movie.I went to see it some days ago.
Re: The Movie "300" by finemocha(f): 9:56pm On Apr 11, 2007
wow

my boyfriend took me to see this movie at the IMAX theatre in atlanta. it was ridiculous, ridiculous. great movie, but for those who know their mesopotamia history before the 1700's, its kind of hard to feel sorry for the spartans, those people were ridiculously brutal man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nollywood Goes Gaga, Casts Naked Actress (photo) / What Is The Direct Path To Follow Trying To Join Nollywood? / What is the most interesting TV program you have ever watched?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.