Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Ranching Only Solution To End Farmers, Herdsmen Clashes In Benue – US Gov’t - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ranching Only Solution To End Farmers, Herdsmen Clashes In Benue – US Gov’t (671 Views)

Sanusi’s N250m Property: Kano Gov’t Demands Monarch’s Acct No For N4.5M Payment / Farmers/Herdsmen Clashes: Sanni Bello Meets European Union (Photos) / Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Ranching Only Solution To End Farmers, Herdsmen Clashes In Benue – US Gov’t by 2Ebisco: 8:06pm On Mar 19, 2018
The United States, US, has said ranching remains the solution to the crisis between herdsmen and farmers in Benue State.

US Ambassador to Nigeria, Stuart Symington said this when he visited the State Governor, Samuel Ortom in Makurdi, the state capital.

Symington said if cattle were properly reared in ranches, Nigeria could be one of the highest income earners from milk production.

He said, “I come from a family of farmers and part of my family used to move cattle from one state called Colorado to another state called Texas every year and over time they changed until now the cow business that they do is very much one that takes advantage of the land and we have to move them on trucks.

“I had a great conversation the other day just outside the city of Jos with one of the great milk producers of the world, a company that produces milk. And I talked to the guy and he was mentioning to me that the milk that comes from the Fulani cattle can be incorporated into the great milk produced here.

“Literally the future of the nation could be rich when the milk of those herders get fed to the sons and daughters of families and their vegetables get fed to the sons and daughters of the herders. I am happy that you are thinking in this direction Mr Governor.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/03/ranching-only-solution-to-end-farmers.html

Re: Ranching Only Solution To End Farmers, Herdsmen Clashes In Benue – US Gov’t by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 19, 2018
I hope Buhari can hear what America is saying

Its not going about killing,maiming and disposessing people of their ancestral lands in the name of grazing route and cattle colony.
Re: Ranching Only Solution To End Farmers, Herdsmen Clashes In Benue – US Gov’t by Omeokachie: 8:10pm On Mar 19, 2018
Buhari right now...

2 Likes

Re: Ranching Only Solution To End Farmers, Herdsmen Clashes In Benue – US Gov’t by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 19, 2018
useless amelica, let them build the ranch in their country, after all taxes is as big as the whole Nigeria
Re: Ranching Only Solution To End Farmers, Herdsmen Clashes In Benue – US Gov’t by Ufranklin92(m): 8:12pm On Mar 19, 2018
This people should mind there business
Re: Ranching Only Solution To End Farmers, Herdsmen Clashes In Benue – US Gov’t by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 19, 2018
ruggedised:
useless amelica, let them build the ranch in their country, after all taxes is as big as the whole Nigeria
Because they don't support your genocide in Benue,they have become useless?

Common sense is not really common

2 Likes

Re: Ranching Only Solution To End Farmers, Herdsmen Clashes In Benue – US Gov’t by osscarr(m): 8:14pm On Mar 19, 2018
Buhari is deaf n dumb; he can't hear u

1 Like

Re: Ranching Only Solution To End Farmers, Herdsmen Clashes In Benue – US Gov’t by shobroy10(m): 8:17pm On Mar 19, 2018
osscarr:
Buhari is deaf n dumb; he can't hear u

Dont always take the Americans as ur God u can also use UR own brain
Re: Ranching Only Solution To End Farmers, Herdsmen Clashes In Benue – US Gov’t by gidgiddy: 8:24pm On Mar 19, 2018
The problem is that ranches cost money to set up. First you need several hectares of land which must be fenced and then several structures and buildings to hold cattle. This will all cost several millions, where is the money going to come from?
Re: Ranching Only Solution To End Farmers, Herdsmen Clashes In Benue – US Gov’t by osscarr(m): 8:25pm On Mar 19, 2018
shobroy10:

Dont always take the Americans as ur God u can also use UR own brain

Who's is talking about america being god but they have proffered a good solution to d problem but will the mad cow in aso rock hear?
Now talking about using ur own brain
Oya come n show us what u av been doing with ur own brain; let's know btwn ur brain n sai baba brain which one dey work

1 Like

Re: Ranching Only Solution To End Farmers, Herdsmen Clashes In Benue – US Gov’t by osscarr(m): 8:28pm On Mar 19, 2018
gidgiddy:
The problem is that ranches cost money to set up. First you need several hectares of land which must be fenced and then several structures and buildings to hold cattle. This will all cost several millions, where is the money going to come from?

See question o
The money is going to come from my pocket
Re: Ranching Only Solution To End Farmers, Herdsmen Clashes In Benue – US Gov’t by uba1991: 8:28pm On Mar 19, 2018
Pepsi101:
I hope Buhari can hear what America is saying

Its not going about killing,maiming and disposessing people of their ancestral lands in the name of grazing route and cattle colony.
moomooo.that the same thing buhari suggested but pigs said Benue people shud not allow dat
Re: Ranching Only Solution To End Farmers, Herdsmen Clashes In Benue – US Gov’t by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 19, 2018
uba1991:
moomooo.that the same thing buhari suggested but pigs said Benue people shud not allow dat
Simpleton, you cannot comprehend simple concepts such as cattle colony and cattle ranching.

Sycophant,even if the Benue people rejected the establishment of ranches in their land,does that give the fulani herdsmen the right to commit genocide?

Go school,una no go gree go,na to come online dey disgrace una lineage.

1 Like

Re: Ranching Only Solution To End Farmers, Herdsmen Clashes In Benue – US Gov’t by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 19, 2018
gidgiddy:

The money must and will come from the business men who own the cattle.

1 Like

Re: Ranching Only Solution To End Farmers, Herdsmen Clashes In Benue – US Gov’t by Mynd44: 9:34pm On Mar 19, 2018

(1)

Caption This Photo Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun / Ndubuisi Emenike Splashes N3m On 20 Youths / BREAKING: Buhari Declares Tenure Extension Of APC National Chairman Illegal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.