Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

What Happens To The Engagement Ring? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Happens To The Engagement Ring? (31543 Views)

What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? / For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 6:53pm On Apr 08, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

bwaaaah see this man AGAIN talking from both side of his mouth....so now you agree that it is a contract?!

btw funny how you are quick to accept that it is an agreement when it fits your selfish agenda!
ok then here is the catch....it is indeed a verbal agreement/contract THAT IS UNFAIR TO THE MAN (while men gladly go into these one sided agreements)... furthermore, marriage contracts are signed by both parties while engagement are not

So you are saying, according to LLM PhD of MrBrownJay1 School of International Law, there are contracts only one person can sign?

Please answer, Law Prof. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:56pm On Apr 08, 2018
Sagamite:

So you are saying, according to LLM PhD of MrBrownJay1 School of International Law, there are contracts only one person can sign?

Please answer, Law Prof. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

what are you on about.... i said there are only one RING offered while in marriage there are two, not that there was only one person that abide by these one sided agreements. DUH!
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 7:00pm On Apr 08, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

what are you on about.... i said there are only one RING offered while in marriage there are two, not that there was only one person that abide by these one agreements. DUH!

My friend, you want to twist out of your confusion? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

How is there a contract only one person abides by? grin grin grin grin grin grin

MrBrownJay1 School of International Law grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:02pm On Apr 08, 2018
Sagamite:

My friend, you want to twist out of your confusion? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

How is there a contract only one person abides by? grin grin grin grin grin grin

MrBrownJay1 School of International Law grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

bro.... stop putting words in this discussion that i have not written (or better yet quote me where i did write the above). again, if you have nothing clever to bring to this discussion then bow out bro.
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 7:11pm On Apr 08, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

bro.... stop putting words in this discussion that i have not written (or better yet quote me where i did write the above). again, if you have nothing clever to bring to this discussion then bow out bro.

Nigga, cut the crap! grin grin grin grin grin grin

What do you mean by:

MrBrownJay1:

pls allow me to educate you on the differences..hhmm let me see... maybe simply because A) one comes with a signed contract (by both parties) while the other doesnt, or better yet B) because each receive a ring during marriage while in engagement only one does... think about that for a minute, lol!

Professor Emeritus of MrBrownJay1 School of International Law, please edjucate us on the "contracts" only one person signs. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:16pm On Apr 08, 2018
Sagamite:

Nigga, cut the crap! grin grin grin grin grin grin

What do you mean by:
Professor Emeritus of MrBrownJay1 School of International Law, please edjucate us on the "contracts" only one person signs. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

bwaaaaaah! abi you dont understand English any longer?!
A) one comes with a signed contract (by both parties) while the other doesnt COME WITH A SIGNED CONTRACT.
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 7:23pm On Apr 08, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

bwaaaaaah! abi you dont understand English any longer?!
A) one comes with a signed contract (by both parties) while the other doesnt COME WITH A SIGNED CONTRACT.

Nigga, what do you mean by "both parties"? grin grin grin grin grin grin

In your MrBrownJay1 School of International Law, are there "contracts" only one person signs? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Did you not say an engagement is a contract?
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:30pm On Apr 08, 2018
Sagamite:

Nigga, what do you mean by "both parties"? grin grin grin grin grin grin

In your MrBrownJay1 School of International Law, are there "contracts" only one person signs? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Did you not say an engagement is a contract?

look at you hanging onto straws, pathetic bro! you bloody well know what i meant, so i wont even dwell on that....its obvious i was talking of the contract and not who signs it, as there is certainly NO agreement/contract in this world that are signed/agreed by only one person. make some damn sense bro!!!!!

although the engagement ring nonsense is an unfair agreement/contract/token (or whatever you wanna call it), both party abide by it!
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 8:10pm On Apr 08, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

look at you hanging onto straws, pathetic bro! you bloody well know what i meant, so i wont even dwell on that....its obvious i was talking of the contract and not who signs it, as there is certainly NO agreement/contract in this world that are signed/agreed by only one person. make some damn sense bro!!!!!

although the engagement ring nonsense is an unfair agreement/contract/token (or whatever you wanna call it), both party abide by it!

Of course I know what you fcking met. You wer fcking confused in your desparation to explain why law is different for marriage and none marriage.

In your confused state, you brought another nonsense from your arse by trying to argue that the difference is that one has both signing, while the other is signed by one person. grin grin grin grin grin grin

You really need to edjucate me on how the law treats "contracts" sign by 2 people differently from one signed by only "one person", Prof. grin grin grin grin

Please go ahead and explain how and why the law treats such differently.

Mr it is a contract! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:56pm On Apr 08, 2018
Sagamite:

Of course I know what you fcking met. You wer fcking confused in your desparation to explain why law is different for marriage and none marriage.

In your confused state, you brought another nonsense from your arse by trying to argue that the difference is that one has both signing, while the other is signed by one person. grin grin grin grin grin grin

You really need to edjucate me on how the law treats "contracts" sign by 2 people differently from one signed by only "one person", Prof. grin grin grin grin

Please go ahead and explain how and why the law treats such differently.

Mr it is a contract! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

brotha Saga, you have changed, and are a shadow of your former glorious self. look at you writing utter RUBBISH to try to make a very childish point (especially when i have been telling you from the onset that both party enter an unfair agreement/contract).

there is NO point continuing this discussion as you are clearly out of valid point to bring forward. but hey, let us all remember that i am well versed in the English language, and i am amazed at how you can come to the conclusion that "only one" person signs a contract, instead of NONE, from the below quote..... (and you have the audacity to call yourself intelligent?!?!)

A) one comes with a signed contract (by both parties) while the other doesnt

how can you even remotely suggest that the above bolded statement means that the "other" is signed by only one person (or is signed by anyone for that matter)?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:16am On Apr 09, 2018
Sagamite:

Ani ko le da fun, kadara ni yen! (Look your life can never be good, that is your destiny)

Ma gbiyanju oshi lati yi kadara e! (Don't waste your time trying to change your destiny)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc5v8r0rNk0&t=0s

Awww... that's all you got
Destiny and life and shit? Lol
Why should I want to change a good thing? Dude, I am not the grown as.s "man" replying a woman like a tomato seller on crack for the past 2 weeks! cheesy
Hehehehehehehe
Go take time off and bring on something harder fool!
Your yabs are wack just like u.
Regards to ur flossie that dumped your dumb as.s dog!
Have a great week ahead!
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 10:16am On Apr 09, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

Awww... that's all you got
Destiny and life and shit? Lol
Why should I want to change a good thing? Dude, I am not the grown as.s "man" replying a woman like a tomato seller on crack for the past 2 weeks! cheesy
Hehehehehehehe
Go take time off and bring on something harder fool!
Your yabs are wack just like u.
Regards to ur flossie that dumped your dumb as.s dog!
Have a great week ahead!

"Lady" Ho............ grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoAAXT3NUWc
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 10:23am On Apr 09, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

brotha Saga, you have changed, and are a shadow of your former glorious self. look at you writing utter RUBBISH to try to make a very childish point (especially when i have been telling you from the onset that both party enter an unfair agreement/contract).

there is NO point continuing this discussion as you are clearly out of valid point to bring forward. but hey, let us all remember that i am well versed in the English language, and i am amazed at how you can come to the conclusion that "only one" person signs a contract, instead of NONE, from the below quote..... (and you have the audacity to call yourself intelligent?!?!)

how can you even remotely suggest that the above bolded statement means that the "other" is signed by only one person (or is signed by anyone for that matter)?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

My friend, I just want you to pull more nonsense out of your arse.

I asked you to tell me why courts would treat contracts differently, you tried to come with your lame logic that one is signed by 2 people, while the other is signed by one.

What nonsense! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Arguing with you is like arguing with a woman. You see no need to make sense, no need for logic, just say what the fck you like and stick to it. grin grin grin grin grin

Again, the questions:

Do you give such "gift" to your neighbour, mother, brother, sister, cousin or visitor?

Then back it up by telling us:

1) What other "gift" you can give one of those listed but which you cannot give any other type of person in that list.

2) What other "gift" you can give one of those listed that is "contractual".

3) What other "gift" you can give for ONE singular event.

4) Would your arse also say when a woman goes to court because she faced domestic violence in her marriage that the judge is entitled to say "Well, since she knew the man was an abuser before marriage and still married him then she deserves what she is getting. If she does not want to get beaten, she should not have married a domestic abuser"?

5) Are there contracts signed by only one person, Mr "Contractual Gift"? grin
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:29am On Apr 09, 2018
@Sagamite
it was a pleasure discussing with you.... look forward to another debate with you in the future (hopefully by then you will bring your A game)

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 10:38am On Apr 09, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
@Sagamite
it was a pleasure discussing with you.... look forward to another debate with you in the future (hopefully by then you will bring your A game)

You are going to leave with me thinking maybe you are trans? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:07pm On Apr 09, 2018
Sagamite:

"Lady" Ho............ grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoAAXT3NUWc

"Man"........disgruntled child and perennial whinner ! grin grin
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 8:41pm On Apr 09, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

"Man"........disgruntled child and perennial whinner ! grin grin

"Lady" Ho!!! grin

Lady of the hood. grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H18tlaXKAe8&t=0s
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:54am On Apr 11, 2018
Sagamite:

"Lady" Ho!!! grin

Lady of the hood. grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H18tlaXKAe8&t=0s
Weakling with weak yabs.
Boring!!!! tongue
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Rukkydelta(f): 11:29pm On Apr 11, 2018
The Lady should return it
Throw it at the guy's face if he initiated the break up

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Child Survives An Accident After A Car Climbed His Head. (video) / Fight Breaks Out As Lady Disrupts Husband's Wedding To His Second Wife (Video) / My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.