Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,939 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? (22417 Views)

How To Maintain A Car As A New Driver? / Dangers Of Placing Your Feet On The Dashboard Of Your Car / Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by AutoJoshNG: 10:52am On Mar 20, 2018
In Nigeria, you do not drink water from a pet bottle and then place the plastic container on top of your car.

If you do, you would just be inviting people to come and “price” your car.

Indeed, something as simple as placing a plastic container on top of a car connotes an interest to sell that car.

What is the origin of this now very symbolism?

Please kindly leave comments and opinions in the comments section.

https://autojosh.com/what-is-the-origin-of-this-method-of-advertising-cars-for-sale-see-photo/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by 1bunne4lif(m): 10:54am On Mar 20, 2018
No idea

1 Like

Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by solutionist: 10:55am On Mar 20, 2018
This reminds me of one useless man that used to come to our compound to see this girl. The man will come and park his car in front of our gate and block entrance with his car.

So one day when he came I went and put a bottle of ragolis water on top of his car.
I even took a picture of the car and put it on OLX. I put N50k as the price for his 2007 honda. The man get luck that I am a born again. 

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 20, 2018
angry

☣ ☠

Origin is unknown to me sir! But sure seeing a keg on top of a car means it's up for sale grin. Kudos to the originator.

☣ ☠

13 Likes

Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by sirusX(m): 11:17am On Mar 20, 2018
I guess it started when gallon/containers were used with bold letters written for sale or 4 sale

Currently, I guess no time to shout...any container would do grin

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by Taiwo20(m): 11:32am On Mar 20, 2018
sirusX:
I guess it started when gallon/containers were used with bold letters written for sale or 4 sale

on point!

15 Likes

Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by AutoJoshNG: 2:42am On Mar 21, 2018
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by diportivo: 8:59am On Mar 21, 2018
sirusX:

exactly

nowadays ehn,even pure water will do the trick grin

13 Likes

Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by Cosplay: 8:28pm On Mar 22, 2018
solutionist:
This reminds me of one useless man that used to come to our compound to see this girl. The man will come and park his car in front of our gate and block entrance with his car.

So one day when he came I went and put a bottle of ragolis water on top of his car.
I even took a picture of the car and put it on OLX. I put N50k as the price for his 2007 honda. The man get luck that I am a born again. 

Brilliant Solution ist grin
Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by AutoJoshNG: 5:52am On Mar 23, 2018
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by directorXixXICK(m): 6:31am On Mar 23, 2018
AutoJosh Na the same thing tie me and you ooooooo..... Me nor know ooooo....

Please help a brother out with 10likes I wan to use it to buy recharge card ooo

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by veacea: 10:55am On Mar 23, 2018
Lol
Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 23, 2018
In 1934, when Rochas Ailing came to Lagos, He dropped a bottle of water on his car before auctioning it.

I personally was there on the said date. People bought the idea and it later became a Norm.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by JailBreaker(m): 11:00am On Mar 23, 2018
lol... I curious also cheesy
Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 23, 2018
b
Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by neonly: 11:02am On Mar 23, 2018
I think it started in togo
Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by 1shortblackboy: 11:02am On Mar 23, 2018
Car sellers used to write for sale on engine oil cans or paste a paper with for sale on d engine oil can and place dem on d car. But it became too much of a burden to write d for sale on d engine oil cans so they just place d cans on d car and buyers would understand that its for sale. This just extended to other plastic bottles

8 Likes

Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by abiolag(m): 11:02am On Mar 23, 2018
Euouae:
In 1934, when Rochas Ailing came to Lagos, He dropped a bottle of water on his car before auctioning it.

I personally was there on the said date. People bought the idea and it later became a Norm.
clap for ursef. olodo grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by paymentvoucher: 11:02am On Mar 23, 2018
ok
Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by Iamzik: 11:04am On Mar 23, 2018
Euouae:

84 years old on nairaland.

Forever young
I hail thee!

grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by FarahAideed: 11:09am On Mar 23, 2018
Shit hole things
Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by KingOfThePay(m): 11:09am On Mar 23, 2018
Each time I those see kegs like that on a Car, the first thing that comes to my mind is Palm wine.
Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by MobilityExpress: 11:14am On Mar 23, 2018
People who gave cars to their mechanics to sell are responsible for this trend. In the old days, many of the mechanics were uneducated and don’t know how to write/create FOR SALE signs, so they just put used plastic or leftover oil container to indicate it’s a car for sale in their mechanic yard or street where they park it. Over time, the practice became the accepted norm because it was easier to do than putting up for sale stickers or posters for mainly immobile vehicles. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 11:15am On Mar 23, 2018
no idea
Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by SamgoldBaba: 11:17am On Mar 23, 2018
sirusX:

It's not a guess, that's exatly how it is. For sale Revolution
Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 23, 2018
You've tried it elsewhere and it seems not to work... Now come let's do it together. We teach, educate, and sell tools. Just a click on my signature….. If you know, you know.
Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by Mustiboy(m): 11:35am On Mar 23, 2018
Iamzik:

84 years old on nairaland.

Forever young
I hail thee!

grin cheesy grin
he wasn't a toddler on the said date. he must have been an adult to have understood that a keg was place on a car to symbolise it's auctioning. he's probably an OVER100 on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by hotdealz(m): 11:36am On Mar 23, 2018
You mean those water bottles placed on top of a car means the car is for sale? shocked

I swear, I no know o.
Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by Stormyweather(m): 11:42am On Mar 23, 2018
solutionist:

cornbeef just de worry you grin
Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by holuwapopsh(m): 11:42am On Mar 23, 2018
solutionist:

Nigga i u won kill me with dat Idea Person car for 50k hahaha haba haba u wicked oooo n d man no see u

1 Like

Re: Placing Plastic On A Car As Method Of Advertising For Sale: What's Origin? by samael: 11:42am On Mar 23, 2018
This is a good post to enlighten the Nigerian people and its interesting that many people don't know what it stands for., I will be straight to the point,people looking to sell vehicles fast/diabolic way place this evil bottle or container on vehicles which they subscribe/get from muslim clerics who already enchanted evil unto the water in these bottles prescribing: buy the vehicle no matter what condition you find it and at a commanded price tag. So anyone looking to a buy a vehicle and you find a bottle on top just walk away from evil cos the vehicle has already has evil on it. A word is enough for the wise 'now' . Good day.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tesla Roadster Vs Bugatti Chiron: Which Will You Buy? (photos) / Lamborghini Goes Into Electric Bicycles Production / Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.