Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

OMNI and God - M_nwankwo, Romeo, Noetic. . . - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / OMNI and God - M_nwankwo, Romeo, Noetic. . . (2162 Views)

Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) / The Noetic Interview: Questions On Humanity And The Quality Of Goodness / To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OMNI and God - M_nwankwo, Romeo, Noetic. . . by noetic17: 12:25am On May 05, 2010
Deep Sight:

Hi Noetic. . . can you share what your understanding is of the omnipotence, omnipresence and omniscience of God. . .?

Thanks.

1. By omnipotence, we refer to the ability of God to do ALL things. But God is not known to do anything that would not glorify Him. God's ability transcends beyond the scope of literalism. Implying that God is able to make humans carry out His own will and purpose; with such events appearing as though it had no input from God.
It however takes a deeper spiritual look and understanding of events to perceive that it was an act of God. In literal terms when prophecy precedes an event, we can affirm it to be an act of God.

An act of God is a summation of all things that happen in the physical plane as a result of a spiritual agreement, arrangement, proclamation, purpose or agenda. Implying that satanic intentions cannot manifest outside of the knowledge of God. . . . .that way all events in the physical plane that resulted from spiritual events are an "act of God"

The act of God makes God an omnipotent personality. if the purpose of His will is understood, one can appreciate the ability of God to do virtually anything.

2. I'd like to think that this thread submits that God created the universe. If so, it is inconceivable to think that a creator has no presence in the domicile of His creations. The presence of God is felt in His potency. The ability of God to act according to His will at any time in any place is largely conditioned by His ability to know whats going on in the particular place at a given time. Implying that if God is omnipotent, He is definitely omnipresent.

3. The Omniscience of God is reminiscent in His prophetic words. when God foretells the actions of a man (that would take place before the man is born) this tells us that God knows far too much. the limit of His knowledge remains unknown. . . .that way God is omniscient.

If u require bible verses to support any assertion I made, please let me know.
Re: OMNI and God - M_nwankwo, Romeo, Noetic. . . by DeepSight(m): 11:05am On May 05, 2010
^^^ Can God therefore create a stone that is impossible for him to lift and proceed to lift it?
Re: OMNI and God - M_nwankwo, Romeo, Noetic. . . by noetic17: 12:27pm On May 05, 2010
Deep Sight:

^^^ Can God therefore create a stone that is impossible for him to lift and proceed to lift it?

I did mention that But God is not known to do anything that would not glorify Him would this stone give glory to God? is the creation of this stone according to the will of God?
Re: OMNI and God - M_nwankwo, Romeo, Noetic. . . by Romeo4real(m): 1:18pm On May 05, 2010
Can God therefore create a stone that is impossible for him to lift and proceed to lift it

This is the Omnipotence Paradox. This paradox arises from a misguided view of an all encompassing Omnipotence. Understand that (1) God CAN do all things. (2) This does not mean He WILL do all things. (3)[/b]Subsequently, He can choose to do ANYTHING. [b](4) But he will NOT do something outside His will. (5) And He will not do something AGAINST his nature.

To examine the paradox in detail - It can be "impossible" for God to lift ANY stone simply because he chooses to make it so. He can remove his omnipotence at his whim, and return it at his whim. When he decides to lift the stone, he would make it possible. Consequently he is still omnipotent, even though he cannot lift the stone. Choice is not the same as Inability.

This is actually a non-paradox. For this paradox to be valid, then the word "Omnipotent" cannot exists. It is analogous to asking a mathematician to draw a square circle. Whilst it is mathematically possible to create a new construct described as a "square circle", you would first have to destroy the mathematical concepts of "Square" and "Circle" in order to do this.

Do note that this paradox is simply a philosophical construct, and not an actual scientific or mathematical construct such as Zeno's paradox, or the Schrodinger Cat paradox.
Re: OMNI and God - M_nwankwo, Romeo, Noetic. . . by mnwankwo(m): 4:01pm On May 05, 2010
@Deepsight,

I saw the thread. I am presently occupied with a grant application deadline. Once I have a bit of free time, I will offer my perception on the issues you raised in this thread. As always stay blessed.
Re: OMNI and God - M_nwankwo, Romeo, Noetic. . . by DeepSight(m): 11:34am On May 08, 2010
^^^ Merci. I still await your esteemed reversion sir.
Re: OMNI and God - M_nwankwo, Romeo, Noetic. . . by mnwankwo(m): 6:15pm On May 08, 2010
Deep Sight:

^^^ Merci. I still await your esteemed reversion sir.

Hi DeepSight. God is God. God is Life. God is Light. God is Truth. It thus means, that only God is actually living such that all other things that exist or possess the possibility of existence derive their "life" from God or to put it more correctly from the radiations or emanations of God. Although the emanations from God came from God and can be described as a natural consequence that God is, these emanations or radiations are not God or even a minute part of God. Thus every thing outside of God is the radiation of God. The attributes of omnipotence, omnipresence and omniscience resides in God but not in the radiations of God. Thus while God can be described as infinite and unsusbstantiate, his radiations are finite and substantiate.  Is it possible that God who is infinite and unsusbstantiate can transform his finite emanations such that they become infinite just like God?, the answer is absolute NO. I will attempt albeit briefly to show why an infinite all powerful God is limited to a certain extent by the limitations of his radiations as he manifests outside of himself, that is in creation and outside of creation.

God is the source of all the laws of creation and indeed laws outside of creation. Just like God is Light, Love, Life and Truth, so  God is also the law. Thus, God is the living law. Emanations or radiations from God carry in themselves images or reflections of this law that is in God. In other words, the laws of creation is not a set of rules or proclamations by God, rather they are the inherent abilities that are an integral or intrinsic components of the various radiations of God. Thus the intrinsic abilities in the radiations of God is what one can describe as the laws of creation. Because there can be no radiation of God without these intrinsic abilities, it stands to reason that radiations of God cannot shake of these abilities, hence they appear as immutable and indeed are immutable. Thus for instance a physical yam which indeed developed from the radiation of God carry an intrinsic program that it must reproduce its kind. Now because that is the intrinsic nature of the yam, then it is impossible to convert this yam to a human being because the intrinsic ability is that a yam produces yam. Thus God for instance cannot convert a physical yam to a human being, neither will God make 5000 physical fishes from two fish. The intrinsic ability in a fish decrees reproduction for the propagation of its species, and even God is limited by the limitation of his radiation.

As these radiations emanates from God, they also split into many subspecies both as a result of cooling off as well as embodiment of the cooled of radiations. The animating radiations has to glow through immobile forms of radiations, that is the bodies or cloaks and these cloaks bends or transforms the waves from the animating radiation such that it manifests differently. Thus it happens that the splitting of radiations as well as cloaking of radiations results in the splitting of the laws of God. Thus in God, lies all the Laws and they are a unity but as emanations of this living laws comes from God, it is split and cloaked in different ways such they manifest different. This has lead to confusion on the uniformity and immutability of the laws of God. The reality is that the laws of God are immutable but the manifest differently depending on how far or close a plane, sphere, universe, creations or individual species are closer to God. Thus, radiations that are closer to God have greater power and mobility because they are more complete and have less splitting than those that are further away from God. Thus the first reflection of the living laws of God operate in the divine sphere, outside of creation and are known as divine laws, an image of the divine laws operating in the primordial spiritual are known as primordial spiritual laws, a reflection of primordial spiritual laws operating in the spiritual realm (the lowest sphere being the kingdom of God for human spirits) is known as the spiritual laws, an image of the spiritual laws operating in the animistic realm (abode of gods and goddesses as well as animal souls) is known as animistic laws while a reflection of the animistic laws operating in material creations (ethereal and gross matter) is known as the laws of Nature and the coarsest manifestions of the laws of nature is what present science is unraveling in its various fields. Thus as strange as it sounds, scientists even those that do not believe in God are trying to understand the laws of God as it evidences itself in the laws of physics, biology etc.

Thus, God being the living law can move these reflections of the living law and bring results which we call miracles. But even with the greatest miracle, these laws cannot be annulled because they are the intrinsic nature of the radiations of God. A miracle is a natural happening except that through the power granted one, something that requires another 1000 years of development can be made to happen instantaneously. If every genuine miracle is slowed down in real time, then people can observe the natural step by step development and will see that there are no gaps, or a suspension of the laws. Miracles are fulfillment of the laws of God. In other not to digrace, I will not dwell much on miracles for now.

Thus omnipotence of God simply mean that God is all powerful with respect to all things that are within the will of God. That is, the laws of God are immutable and are infallible dispenser of reward and punishment with mathematical exactitude, and this holds that God will not and indeed cannot dispense anything that contradicts his nature in which the living law is. Thus God cannot sin because sin is alien to his nature and outside his laws. It is the omnipotence of God that prevents him from destroying Lucifer since Lucifer is inherently eternal, it is the omnipotence of God that prevents God from interfering with our free will, etc.  In reality the omnipotence of God cannot be separated from the living law that is in God. God cannot annul his nature, nor can God annul his laws because the living law is a nature of God.

Omniscience is that God is all knowing. But like omnipotence, this attribute in my view is misunderstood. God knows when there is something to know. But often people expect God to know when there is nothing to know. Because the laws of God are intrinsic abilities in his various radiations, God knows these abilities and knows the various possibilities for each of these abilities. But until each of the abilities take a particular decision, God only knows of the possibilities but once an embodied radiation of God has taken a decision, God can clearly survey the development and the outcome for they can only follow the roads of the immutable laws of God. Just a crude analogy, if you know the road from Enugu to Lagos and Mr. A decides to come from Enugu to lagos, you can describe with precision his travel path from Enugu to Lagos. But if one have not yet decided, then there is nothing to know and it will be naive to demand that you know that Mr.A will travel from Enugu to Lagos when a decision has not been made. It is akin to demanding that your son find a laptop in his room when there is no laptop there. Also note that even though you can survey the route from Enugu to lagos, the traveller may reach Benin and then makes another decision to turn back to onitsha instead of proceeding to lagos. Then, you can also survey his travel path to Onitsha and the fact that he arrived at Onitsha instead of Lagos as he decided originally is an expression of his free will. If you think deeply into this, you will see why those who are lost can be saved at the last minute and those who are saved can be lost at the last minute, hence the admonition  "watch and pray".

Omnipresence does not mean that God is everywhere. God for instance is not in creation nor is God in hell. Omnipresence means that God is accessible from every where since his radiations permeates every where. Thus whoever opens himself from anywhere will gain connection to God. It is a process of radiation which some people fulfill through obedience to the laws of God or through prayer. If you have the necessary cable or satellite TV decoder and smart card, you can watch English Premier league from the comfort of you living room. The premier league match is not present in your living room but through your satellite equipment you watched it in real time just like those who physically went to the stadium in England. This is a crude analogy but I hope you get the picture that I wanted to convey. As always, stay blessed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OMNI and God - M_nwankwo, Romeo, Noetic. . . by DeepSight(m): 4:19pm On May 14, 2012
Permit me, as I never did, to thank you for the foregoing very illuminating write up.
Re: OMNI and God - M_nwankwo, Romeo, Noetic. . . by mnwankwo(m): 4:43pm On May 14, 2012
Deep Sight:
Permit me, as I never did, to thank you for the foregoing very illuminating write up.
Hi DeepSight. Thank you for your kind words. Stay blessed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Greater Truths Vs The Lesser Truths. / Bring Your First Fruit (january Salary) To Church In January! / How To Tap From The Supernatural And Open Doors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.