Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,827 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much (23292 Views)

Which One Is Better, Leagoo M9 Or Tecno K7? / Leagoo M9 Pro Specification And Price / Leagoo M9 official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by jetz(m): 12:54pm On Mar 20, 2018
Leagoo M9 Honest Review, unboxing cons and pros

Leagoo M9 is the world’s first quad cam full screen budget smartphone to grace the Android smartphone market, well so its said on paper. Leagoo released the Leagoo M9 into the Android smartphone market for the lower end fraction who would like to use a smartphone with decent specs for a budget rate.

The leagoo M9 rocks an 18:9 aspect ratio display with an unspecified corning gorilla glass protection. The device handles fairly well but quite slippery yet comfy.

Design, Display & Build Quality
You ve got three colour options to choose from with the Leagoo M9. The all blue model, the all black version or the gold version. I have for myself the all black version.

As soon you pick up the Leagoo M9 you will notice how light it is for a 5.5 inch smartphone. While it looks like a metal build, this is because of a powder paint coat. It actually has a plastic removable battery cover with a removable 2850 mAh battery.

This removable design does give the M9 a slightly hollow feeling though. When other manufacturers are pulling out metal and glass designs in the same price bracket, the M9 feels very much on the budget side of life.The phone also passed the test when looking for rough edges, gaps and defects.

Get the Leagoo M9 from Jumia now @22,000 Naira Only here

When you first turn the M9 on, the display colours looks a little muted and washed out. Luckily, it comes with the display tweaking app, MiraVision, built-in to the OS. Switching the display settings to ‘Vivid’ makes the display much more enjoyable to look at.

Backlight uniformity is good, black levels are okay and viewing angles are also good.

A nice touch is the metal ring around the camera and fingerprint reader which adds a premium element to a mainly budget device.

Performance
The M9 comes with Android 7 Nougat with Leagoo OS3.0 on top. The Leagoo OS is lightweight feeling similar to regular old Android but with a few extra baked in apps.

The good news is that Leagoo launcher isn’t locked down meaning you can install Nova launcher for a much more streamlined and premium OS feel which i did on my unit Nova Launcher coupled with some little tweaks like the Samsung Galaxy S8 icon pack skin which made the display more crisp and premium like.

Leagoo has added its own App Store, but you’re better off just using also included Android Play Store. In terms of performance, the quad-core CPU is just about acceptable for everyday light use. If you open a few too many apps, you do notice it slows down and switching between apps isn’t the fastest.

CPU: MediaTek 6580A (4-Cores | 1.3GHz)
GPU: ARM Mali-400
RAM: 2GB
Storage: Samsung 16GB (99MB/s Read Speed | 53MB/s Write Speed)
Expandable: Yes (2nd SIM slot up to 32GB)

Get the Leagoo M9 from Jumia now @22,000 Naira Only here

Camera
The Quad-Camera setup on the Leagoo M9 was one of the biggest surprises of this review. For a 3G budget smartphone, it’s able to take some great photos with clarity, detail and accurate colour i was stunned and amazed because to some extent its camera is better off than the Tecno Camon Cm.

I’m not comparing this to a flagship, but when you consider the cost, the M9 really excels.

Rear Camera:
8MP + 2MP
Dual LED Flash
Front Camera (Selfie time):
5MP + 2MP
f/2.4 aperture
Soft Selfie Flash

source link>>>https://ngeeek.com/2018/03/20/leagoo-m9-honest-review-unboxing-cons-and-pros/

1 Like

Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by talk2ekpa(m): 3:26pm On Mar 20, 2018
Nice Write up. As a matter of fact, Tecno and Infinix are going to face the worst competition this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th7935jU25w&t=53s

4 Likes

Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by jetz(m): 4:24pm On Mar 20, 2018
talk2ekpa:
Nice Write up. As a matter of fact, Tecno and Infinix are going to face the worst competition this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th7935jU25w&t=53s
yup bro definitely the time is already catching up leagoo now have their office in nigeria....will do a review with you sometime sha...

5 Likes

Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by talk2ekpa(m): 4:32pm On Mar 20, 2018
jetz:
yup bro definitely the time is already catching up leagoo now have their office in nigeria....will do a review with you sometime sha...
I'll be looking forward to that

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by jetz(m): 4:44pm On Mar 20, 2018
talk2ekpa:

I'll be looking forward to that
cool
Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by fibonacci2526: 4:45pm On Mar 20, 2018
OP they will soon come for you. loll.
Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by bobo65(m): 4:48pm On Mar 20, 2018
fibonacci2526:

U can say that again
Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by bobo65(m): 4:50pm On Mar 20, 2018
Y'all should follow d official M9 thread

https://www.nairaland.com/4247854/leagoo-m9-official-thread
Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by jetz(m): 7:19pm On Mar 20, 2018
bobo65:
Y'all should follow d official M9 thread

https://www.nairaland.com/4247854/leagoo-m9-official-thread
biko copy this thread link there too...gracias m9 rocks sha
Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by jetz(m): 7:20pm On Mar 20, 2018
fibonacci2526:
hehehehe we re waiting lol
Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by bobo65(m): 7:28pm On Mar 20, 2018
jetz:
biko copy this thread link there too...gracias m9 rocks sha

Ok boss
Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by donbenie(m): 11:00pm On Mar 20, 2018
Would have down voted based on the CPU until I saw the price,not bad..
Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by jetz(m): 8:23am On Mar 21, 2018
donbenie:
Would have down voted based on the CPU until I saw the price,not bad..
exactly quite budget friendly it is

1 Like

Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 21, 2018
yeee peee cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
now its on jumia express
Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by jetz(m): 2:32pm On Mar 21, 2018
Wapkoshcom:
yeee peee cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
now its on jumia express
exactly bro @21-22k

lalasticlala come and put this in frontpage oh make people grab the opportunity now
Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by Flexherbal(m): 3:43pm On Mar 21, 2018
Ok
Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by olabrad: 3:45pm On Mar 21, 2018
Where can you get the accessories or spare parts? That's the main thing
Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by Thukzee01(m): 3:45pm On Mar 21, 2018
good specs
Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by eleojo23: 3:45pm On Mar 21, 2018
Nice phone for the price

I will keep buying my phones straight from abroad...

One tends to get good value for money with these not so popular brands.

No service center? I don't mind

4 Likes

Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by yomalex(m): 3:46pm On Mar 21, 2018
calculating how much tecno would sell this undecided
Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by paymentvoucher: 3:48pm On Mar 21, 2018
Can I get the spare part in Alaba Market?
Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by W3xy1(m): 3:49pm On Mar 21, 2018
Superb
Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by Kronical(m): 3:51pm On Mar 21, 2018
The Leagoo Kiicia Power is more of a Bargain though..

4000Mah..

2 Likes

Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by crismark(m): 3:55pm On Mar 21, 2018
op nor vex ooo...naso buhari affect u reach weh u dey chop ur finger nails

u don nearly finish those nails.

1 Like

Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by sanpipita(m): 3:57pm On Mar 21, 2018
Why is their battery capacity low
Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by tosyne2much(m): 3:59pm On Mar 21, 2018
Just 22k for a 2GB phone?

It's really worth it

2 Likes

Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by Osasnidas(m): 3:59pm On Mar 21, 2018
leagoo kiica power is nice sha o

1 Like

Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by tosyne2much(m): 3:59pm On Mar 21, 2018
sanpipita:
Why is their battery capacity low
Baba dem try nah for a 22k phone cheesy
Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by calddon(m): 4:00pm On Mar 21, 2018
Ifa buy dis phone e no come as u take talk, wetin we go do you @op?
Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by JBNwaeze(m): 4:00pm On Mar 21, 2018
Yeah,
Good phone for good price
Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by jetz(m): 4:00pm On Mar 21, 2018
yomalex:
calculating how much tecno would sell this undecided
50k lol

1 Like

Re: Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much by JBNwaeze(m): 4:02pm On Mar 21, 2018
JBNwaeze:
Yeah,
Good phone for good price
[/b]
Remember you can still get it at reduced price when you order through me.
[b]

Check out these offers here:

http://c./?a=44784&c=11&p=r&E=kkYNyk2M4sk%3d&ckmrdr=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.%2Fcatalog%2F%3Fq%3DLeagoo%2Bm9&s1=M9&utm_source=cake&utm_medium=affiliation&utm_campaign=44784&utm_term=M9

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know / Make Your Iphone Friends Jealous Of Your Android / 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.