Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Lethal Matrimony - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lethal Matrimony (89673 Views)

Deadly Matrimony [Romance❤] / Matrimony Of Secrets / Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lethal Matrimony by skubido(m): 3:20pm On Apr 27, 2018
Tanks... Plz more , asin now

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 27, 2018
I hope she will leave jidenna final

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lethal Matrimony by skubido(m): 3:37pm On Apr 27, 2018
But come ooo, shey Dara go go like DAT ni. She suppose hear wetin den talk 4 village na...

Chai, jidenna self.

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by FortunateB(f): 4:34pm On Apr 27, 2018
Am so feeling sorry for Dara.

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Sweety189(f): 4:35pm On Apr 27, 2018
Gianaaaaaa u r a writer indeed. Keeping us in suspense. Please come n kwantinue d story

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by MhiztaRange(m): 6:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
I'm thrilled, the story is really getting interested. Thank God for Cassie, she just made me appreciate good friends the more.

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Uniquechild(f): 8:55pm On Apr 27, 2018
What type of a man/husband is Jidenna? In your presence your brother was manhandling your wife and you stood there without saying or doing anything. You're a disappointment

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Kaycee9242(m): 7:36am On Apr 28, 2018
U guys shouldn't blame jidenna dt much remember Dara has been on loggerheads with her in-laws so its natural 4 jidenna to suspect her a bit. As for Cassie she never even solve her problem finish and she dy carry oda ppl matter for head like gala

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Kaycee9242(m): 7:37am On Apr 28, 2018
Well done op u are doing a great work

2 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Saintmary(f): 8:29am On Apr 28, 2018
Well done Gianaaaaaa, you just laid out things that typically happen in our society. Everyone has his/her own issues in life. The difference is how we solve them. Let me vex small, Dara is not in a marriage, she's in deep shit. A partner who could suspect her for hurting his mom could easily believe any other thing as long as it's plausible. Whatever happened to "to have and to hold". Yoruba people will say "ti a ba n sunkun, a maa ri'ran", meaning crying does not mean we have lost our eyesight. The man has no excuse for not standing up for his wife, even when the opponent is his family.

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Giannaaaaaa: 12:40pm On Apr 30, 2018
DARA

Nene gasped looking at her frail friend, she couldn't believe that the once bubbly Dara had lost her liveliness. "Dara what happened?" she asked a look of pity on her face.

It was the look Dara hated the most, she didn't need pity from anyone. That was the major reason Dara didn't tell her friends or anyone else what had been going down in her house.

"Her bloody husband and his family have been maltreating her" Cassie said.

"That's enough Cassie, can we not talk about it. Please I just need a shut eye right now" Dara held up her hand.

"Let me get you a pill and a glass of water. Something to make you sleep well, you look really worn out" Nene offered.

"Thank you Nene" Dara said with a small smile.

"I can't believe the nerve of that guy, anyway I don't blame him. It's the man of the house I blame" Cassie hissed.

"Cassie would you let it be? you shouldn't talk about Jidenna that way, he's still my husband" Dara snapped.

"Are you for real, a husband who would let his junior brother manhandle his wife. What kind of husband is that? If I hadn't taken you out of the house imagine what they would have done to you. By the way, how come you never told me what was happening?" Cassie asked looking upset.

"Because of the way you're acting now, I just told you I don't want to talk about it and you're still bringing it up. Cassie please let it go, can't you see how much I'm hurting already?" Dara yelled at her.

"I'm sorry" Cassie muttered. Nene came back after a few minutes with a bottle of sleeping pills and a bottle of water. "Here, help yourself" Nene said handing pill and the water to Dara.

"Thanks Nene" Dara smiled. "No problem, you can use my bedroom. Dara I don't think you should go back to that house for now, why don't you stay here for sometime till everything dies down" Nene suggested.

"That's my decision to make, right now my head isn't in the right place. Let me sleep" Dara frowned. Won't they just stop bugging her?

She dropped the bottle of water and the pills on the table before heading to Nene's bedroom upstairs. Drowsiness set in immediately she laid on the bed, she let the wave of sleep take her.

'Is she still asleep?'......'Shush, you'll wake her up'.
'She's been asleep for hours, she needs to wake up and eat something. I doubt she had anything yesterday'.

The continuous murmurs woke Dara up, her eyes slowly took in her surroundings before she remembered what had happened the previous day.
"grin, how do you feel?" Cassie asked immediately she noticed Dara was awake.
"I need water" Dara said In a throaty voice.

Nene quickly handed her friend the bottle of water by the bed side.
"You girls need to stop fussing over me, I'm a grown aśś woman. Nene shouldn't you be worried about your baby's health" Dara said after gulping down the water in the bottle.

"My baby is fine!" Nene snapped.
"I don't mean to sound ungrateful, I just don't want to be a burden. I'm not the first married woman with marital problems" Dara said.

"We all have problems but Dara have you seen yourself? That's enough to keep us on our toes. You're a sister to me, your problem is my problem. I won't let you face it alone" Cassie insisted.

Dara smiled and nodded. At least there were still some people who cared about her. People who would trust her no matter what, something Jidenna had failed too. Her chest bubbled with hurt again.

"Can I have a phone please, I think it's time I call my parents" Dara said.
"Sure, use mine" Nene offered handing her Dara her phone.
Dara collected the device and dialed in her mother's number.
Her mother answered at the first ring.

"Hello"
"Hello mummy, it's Dara" Dara began.
"Dara, Dara! Dara what happened to your phone. I've been calling you since yesterday, you've not been answering" Her mother said.
"I was not with my phone, I'm sorry about that" Dara said calmly.
"That's fine, Your father and I wanted to talk to you. Jidenna called yesterday and said he was coming to see us tomorrow, he kept it brief but he said it was really important" Her mother said.

Dara panicked, why did Jidenna want to see her parents.
"The way he sounded had me worried. He's never been so short with me. Is there a problem?" her mother asked.
"Mummy, I'll be coming to Ibadan straight away. We will talk when I get there" Dara said.
"Okay, no problem. I'll be expecting you, take care honey" her mother said.
Dara ended the call.

"Jidenna is going to Ibadan tomorrow, I should be there too. I only pray that my brothers aren't around" Dara shook her head.
"Go take a shower, I'll drop you off at the park" Cassie said.
"Thank you C, I only hope this matter doesn't escalate. You know how my brothers can be" Dara said.
"Whatever Jidenna gets that's what he deserves" Cassie hissed.

Dara sighed and shook her head, didn't they understand that whatever that would happen would affect her big time?

12 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by greatlinda(f): 1:03pm On Apr 30, 2018
Tnx for the update

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by sheba222(f): 1:35pm On Apr 30, 2018
nice one

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by skubido(m): 2:39pm On Apr 30, 2018
Tanks a lot for d update,

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 30, 2018
Thanks foe the update.

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Vulcanheph(m): 4:49pm On Apr 30, 2018
Good story

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Missmossy(f): 7:48pm On Apr 30, 2018
Interesting and educating piece, keep it coming!!

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Saintmary(f): 8:52pm On Apr 30, 2018
Welldone Gianaaaaaa. Nice twist.

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by herosakin777(m): 10:07pm On Apr 30, 2018
Really interesting and educative story More grace to u #Respect

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by IAmXcessiz(m): 11:39pm On Apr 30, 2018
I'm already taking notes in Marriage 101 course...
Keep up the good work

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by IAmXcessiz(m): 11:40pm On Apr 30, 2018
Missmossy:
Interesting and educating piece, keep it coming!!

I sight you

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Cadec007(m): 11:03am On May 01, 2018
thanks giannaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Kormforth: 5:53pm On May 01, 2018
nice one op

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by rosalieene(f): 9:03pm On May 01, 2018
tnx

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by labelle123(f): 9:44pm On May 01, 2018
Cassie you try but your house too is on fire. Giannaaaaa thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by StellamarisIII(f): 11:32pm On May 01, 2018
lovely girl,can't wait for more updates

complete daylight mysteries is on okadabooks

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by MhiztaRange(m): 11:26am On May 02, 2018
I Just wish I can click on "Continue reading" till I get to the end of the story, I've never been so anxious about a story here on NL before, That is how obssessed I've gotten with your story.. keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Sweety189(f): 7:05pm On May 02, 2018
Giaaaaana..... Update ooooo. Ese gon. U try jare .
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Pinkfeet: 8:17pm On May 02, 2018
thanks for the update
interesting
Re: Lethal Matrimony by skubido(m): 12:36pm On May 04, 2018
Plz comma update oooo. Tanks
Re: Lethal Matrimony by bimberry1307(f): 1:19pm On May 04, 2018
na wa o, jidenna should borrow small sense abeg

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

The Devil In The Suit / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor / Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.